[Today at 05:59:46 AM]

UNLEASH THE POWER OF SCOOP!!! by Jay Bee
[Today at 05:13:02 AM]

Three Years Ago Today... by Newsdreams
[March 27, 2024, 11:34:10 PM]

Kam Jones 1st Round Mock - The Ringer by PGsHeroes32
[March 27, 2024, 10:40:15 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: The Badgers are an excellent team  (Read 38795 times)

BM1090

• All American
Re: The Badgers are an excellent team
« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2015, 09:56:15 PM »
Wisconsin is really good. Could win the whole thing. But I definitely don't think it's wrong to root against them or think  that they are unbeatable.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2015, 10:02:12 PM »
Wisconsin is really good. Could win the whole thing. But I definitely don't think it's wrong to root against them or think  that they are unbeatable.

They're not Kentucky. Bucky picked a bad year to have their best team.
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2015, 10:23:02 PM »
I hope you are right about that--could come down to one game......and I'm not betting against Bo in that situation.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2015, 10:25:55 PM »
Theyre good, but that still doesnt mean I respect them. They have a good team, but I cant stand Bo's antics, Kaminsky is overrated, he will be the next Jon Leuer in the NBA and theres something about Koening and Gasser that just irk me. I will say I do like Dekker and Bo's system does not do him justice. He will be fine at the next level.

Warrior_2002

• Team Captain
« Reply #29 on: March 26, 2015, 10:50:36 PM »
I'm a Marquette alum and born and raised in Wisconsin.  There is no reason for me to not want my state's teams to do well. Go Wisconsin and go Xavier (for the sake of the conference).  There will always be a part of me that wants Marquette to continue to be the last champion in the state, but I have to root for my state.  We have great basketball in this state and I want the country to know that.  I have plenty of friends that cheer for both.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #30 on: March 26, 2015, 11:00:05 PM »
Oh, almost forgot about Duje. He was a real piece of work in high school, as well as his parents. Could never cheer for the Badgers based on him alone.

MUsoxfan

• Team Captain
« Reply #31 on: March 26, 2015, 11:15:10 PM »
Theyre good, but that still doesnt mean I respect them. They have a good team, but I cant stand Bo's antics, Kaminsky is overrated, he will be the next Jon Leuer in the NBA and theres something about Koening and Gasser that just irk me. I will say I do like Dekker and Bo's system does not do him justice. He will be fine at the next level.

I care very little about how players will translate to the NBA as I have no respect for the NBA. You have to respect the game as they're playing it now

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #32 on: March 26, 2015, 11:16:31 PM »
Oh, almost forgot about Duje. He was a real piece of work in high school, as well as his parents. Could never cheer for the Badgers based on him alone.

Not much to dislike about Hayes though.

MUEng92

• All American
« Reply #33 on: March 26, 2015, 11:18:58 PM »
Not much to dislike about Hayes though.

Umm...his uniform

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #34 on: March 26, 2015, 11:29:30 PM »
Umm...his uniform

Yes. Besides that.

GoldenZebra

• All American
« Reply #35 on: March 26, 2015, 11:33:53 PM »
Do you think they rooted for us when we were in the Elite 8 2 seasons back?

yeah..I have plenty of friends and people I knew that went to madison that also cheer for MUBB in the tournament when we made our runs.

Chili

• All American
  • Hot w/noodles, beans, cheese, sour cream & onions
« Reply #36 on: March 26, 2015, 11:35:49 PM »
I'm a Marquette alum and born and raised in Wisconsin.  There is no reason for me to not want my state's teams to do well. Go Wisconsin and go Xavier (for the sake of the conference).  There will always be a part of me that wants Marquette to continue to be the last champion in the state, but I have to root for my state.  We have great basketball in this state and I want the country to know that.  I have plenty of friends that cheer for both.

I was born in Madison I hate that f-ing school. How can one root for them? Their fans suck - bunch of no talent racist assclowns.
But I like to throw handfuls...

Spaniel with a Short Tail

• All American
« Reply #37 on: March 26, 2015, 11:45:54 PM »

I agree. Kentucky is going to romp through the rest of the tourney. Doesn't take away that this is a good Wisconsin team, the best I can recall.

WarriorFan

• All American
« Reply #38 on: March 26, 2015, 11:47:00 PM »
When it comes to Wisconsin vs. Kentucky, it will be necessary to choose the team I hate the least of the two, and I'm afraid it will be bucky.
They played a very nice game today.

"The meaning of life isn't gnashing our bicuspids over what comes after death but tasting the tiny moments that come before it."

WarriorPride68

• All American
« Reply #39 on: March 26, 2015, 11:54:19 PM »

Haven't heard this. But intrigued?

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #40 on: March 27, 2015, 12:01:10 AM »
The Badgers are a much better team with Koenig running the show.

statnik

• Team Captain
« Reply #41 on: March 27, 2015, 12:06:42 AM »
Do you think they rooted for us when we were in the Elite 8 2 seasons back?

Way back when, during the 2003 regional in Minneapolis, the fans of both teams actually had some 'state' pride and charity, now it's all about tearing each other down.  Congrats on this new mentality!  ::)

Warrior

• Team Captain
« Reply #42 on: March 27, 2015, 12:11:19 AM »
I was born in Madison I hate that f-ing school. How can one root for them? Their fans suck - bunch of no talent racist assclowns.

I agree. I live in the Madison area and this sucks. I hope Arizona takes them out or Kentucky destroys them!

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #43 on: March 27, 2015, 12:20:04 AM »

Haven't heard this. But intrigued?

Got to see Duje a lot during his time in school. My dad coaches in the same conference so saw him at least twice, maybe 3 times a year. Typical entitled Deerfield kid, always complained to the refs, palms up every time etc. Same with his parents. Deerfield parents are historically really bad. In defense of the Dukan family I never heard them say this but other parents have used the N word a few times.

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #44 on: March 27, 2015, 12:20:43 AM »
Way back when, during the 2003 regional in Minneapolis, the fans of both teams actually had some 'state' pride and charity, now it's all about tearing each other down.  Congrats on this new mentality!  ::)

I can assure you that I rooted for the Badgers until their fans made it impossible for me not to loathe them.

brandx

« Reply #45 on: March 27, 2015, 12:25:41 AM »

You'd probably fit in pretty well.

hilltoppah

• Walk-On
« Reply #46 on: March 27, 2015, 12:53:45 AM »
Somebody wake me when this nightmare is over, I hate this season and I hate the gol-darn Vadgers! If they beat Zona I'll pull a Werner Herzog and eat my shoe.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #47 on: March 27, 2015, 01:18:36 AM »

That's not exactly what happened.  MU fans cheered on Wisconsin, but Bo forgot to double down on Estill and lost.  Then when MU played Pittsburgh, the UW fans had left or were mild in their cheering.

Blackhat

• All American
« Reply #48 on: March 27, 2015, 03:15:09 AM »
Not feeling good about this Badger team.  Please save us all from a national championship.

My badger hate also might cost me big dollars for my bracket.    Had a L vs. North Carolina.

RushmoreAcademy

• All American
« Reply #49 on: March 27, 2015, 06:33:48 AM »
They just beat an excellent and hot Carolina team and are in the toughest regional having to go through AZ most likely and until we are one of the top teams in Wisconsin instead of #3 or 4, there is no reason to root against them. They can play fast or slow and are well coached and hold onto their players. The in state rival stuff is OK during the season but there is no reason to root against them when we can't hold their jocks the last couple of years.

Go ahead and blast away.

I'm constantly surprised at how people seemingly don't understand sports fandom. You root against your rivals. Bears fans don't want the Packers winning and vice versa. Yankees and Red Sox, etc down to d3 lacrosse and the CFL. That's just how it works. Don't fight it.

feedback