'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: The Badgers are an excellent team  (Read 38990 times)

AlienWarrior

• All American
The Badgers are an excellent team
« on: March 26, 2015, 09:03:05 PM »
They just beat an excellent and hot Carolina team and are in the toughest regional having to go through AZ most likely and until we are one of the top teams in Wisconsin instead of #3 or 4, there is no reason to root against them. They can play fast or slow and are well coached and hold onto their players. The in state rival stuff is OK during the season but there is no reason to root against them when we can't hold their jocks the last couple of years.

Go ahead and blast away.

Anti-Dentite

• All American
Re: The Badgers are an excellent team
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2015, 09:04:50 PM »
They just beat an excellent and hot Carolina team and are in the toughest regional having to go through AZ most likely and until we are one of the top teams in Wisconsin instead of #3 or 4, there is no reason to root against them. They can play fast or slow and are well coached and hold onto their players. The in state rival stuff is OK during the season but there is no reason to root against them when we can't hold their jocks the last couple of years.

Go ahead and blast away.
Wrong...GO ARIZONA!
You know the difference between a dentist and a sadist, don't you? Newer magazines.

Groin_pull

• All American
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2015, 09:06:31 PM »
Screw da Vadgers.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2015, 09:07:44 PM »
UWM is very good.  I'm cheering for Zona, but UWM beats whichever team wins.

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2015, 09:09:54 PM »
Big thing tonite is that UNC did not respect Zak Showalter.  His contributions in a short time turned the game around.  Otherwise, it was UNC's game.

MUsoxfan

• Team Captain
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2015, 09:11:30 PM »
Love Bucky's style this year. It pains me to say that, but they're truly fun to watch

GoldenZebra

• All American
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2015, 09:11:44 PM »
Hard to trash the in-state rivals when MU has been pretty bad. Still sucks to see UW win though. At least Im winning my bracket now.

MattyWarrior

• All American
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2015, 09:14:28 PM »
A NC team with 11 losses,I had little doubt they would win. They have really good players at 4 positions and most are
upperclassmen. Bos team never fouls anyone ,just ask him. I guess its good for Wisconsin, but half of their fans are toads!

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2015, 09:27:09 PM »
The Badgers are outstanding.  It gives us a great benchmark to shoot for.  Let's hope we start to take some steps in that direction next year.

One thing particularly impresses me.  The State of Wisconsin is producing great basketball players these days.  Hopefully enough to successfully stock 2 top tier in state programs.  I'd rather have any in state star stay home.  Well, maybe not Diamond.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2015, 09:30:45 PM »
Bos team never fouls anyone ,just ask him. I guess its good for Wisconsin, but half of their fans are toads!

We finally saw what happens with nonpartisan refs that aren't afraid of Bo tonight. Lo and behold...they DO foul!  :o
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2015, 09:31:22 PM »
Do you think they rooted for us when we were in the Elite 8 2 seasons back?

MUsoxfan

• Team Captain
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2015, 09:32:47 PM »
Do you think they rooted for us when we were in the Elite 8 2 seasons back?

Who cares? I'm admittedly somewhat removed from most of their fan base, but there are far more evil teams than Bucky left

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2015, 09:35:03 PM »
Who cares? I'm admittedly somewhat removed from most of their fan base, but there are far more evil teams than Bucky left

No there aren't.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Anti-Dentite

• All American
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2015, 09:35:34 PM »
FIB :)
You know the difference between a dentist and a sadist, don't you? Newer magazines.

Warrior of Law

• All American
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2015, 09:36:41 PM »
Kentucky is much more fun to watch.  The only redeeming value with Wiscky is that there are some local kids on the roster.
"You can only protect your liberties in this world by protecting the other man's freedom. You can only be free if I am free."  Clarence Darrow

MUsoxfan

• Team Captain

Sylvester78

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2015, 09:38:40 PM »
It is perfectly OK to hate/not like them but it is just plain irrational and stupid not to respect them or realize how good they are. Don't have to like it but the "they are not athletic" or "Dekker isn't that good" or "Kaminsky is over rated" stuff is soooooooooooo old.    And next it will be Diamond can't hold Henry's jock"

Get over it people. We will be back sooner than later.  But stop being stupid and bitter

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2015, 09:41:53 PM »
It is perfectly OK to hate/not like them but it is just plain irrational and stupid not to respect them or realize how good they are. Don't have to like it but the "they are not athletic" or "Dekker isn't that good" or "Kaminsky is over rated" stuff is soooooooooooo old.    And next it will be Diamond can't hold Henry's jock"

Get over it people. We will be back sooner than later.  But stop being stupid and bitter

They aren't athletic compared to a lot of teams. Just like Riley LaChance is not athletic compared to a lot of D1 basketball players. Doesn't mean I'm hating on them. Just what it is. They have better basketball skills than teams (UNC) and players (Tokoto, for example) who are just athletic.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

NotAnAlum

• All American
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2015, 09:44:57 PM »
Said it before.  The ONLY team that can beat them is Kentucky and they are the only team that can beat Big Blue.  The rest of it is just warm ups.

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2015, 09:46:32 PM »
Said it before.  The ONLY team that can beat them is Kentucky and they are the only team that can beat Big Blue.  The rest of it is just warm ups.

Other than Duke, Maryland and Rutgers you mean?

Sylvester78

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2015, 09:49:12 PM »
They aren't athletic compared to a lot of teams. Just like Riley LaChance is not athletic compared to a lot of D1 basketball players. Doesn't mean I'm hating on them. Just what it is. They have better basketball skills than teams (UNC) and players (Tokoto, for example) who are just athletic.
Whatever makes you happy.If you saw Dekker tonight you are a moron to doubt his athleticism.  That narrative is old.  We're about to take ou 3rd straight loss next year not to mention their NCAA success. Get real for once Wades

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2015, 09:52:00 PM »
Whatever makes you happy.If you saw Dekker tonight you are a moron to doubt his athleticism.  That narrative is old.  We're about to take ou 3rd straight loss next year not to mention their NCAA success. Get real for once Wades

Right, so you have 1 athlete...

Congrats to your Badgers man.  They aren't athletic.  They are very skilled.  Not sure what's hard to understand about that but okay.

MUsoxfan

• Team Captain
« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2015, 09:52:33 PM »
It's okay to admit Bucky is good, it really is. You don't have to like them, but to deny the quality of their team is disingenuous

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2015, 09:53:51 PM »
It's okay to admit Bucky is good, it really is. You don't have to like them, but to deny the quality of their team is disingenuous

Never said they aren't good.  Some people seem to think you have to be athletic to be good.  In my opinion, that's where Bert faulted most.

MUsoxfan

• Team Captain
« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2015, 09:55:47 PM »
Never said they aren't good.  Some people seem to think you have to be athletic to be good.  In my opinion, that's where Bert faulted most.

I'd agree with that as well

feedback