Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: John Calipari 'Desperately Wants' to Coach in the NBA, Could Be Eyeing Brooklyn  (Read 11321 times)

JakeBarnes

• All American
Id prefer Hoiberg.

Also, how fast would people gleefully claim that sanctions are coming if his interest in the NBA is indeed true?

Hoiberg isn't moving anywhere. Dude is making good money, living comfortably with his kids and basically runs Ames. I really can't see him moving.
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
What makes u think he wants to leave ISU?

Im almost certain he bolts if hes able to graduate here and Fred leaves
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

MU82

• All American
The last time the Bulls hired a coach from Iowa State, things went super-well!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
KO was interviewed last night on this topic and he basically said Cal has the best job in the country and would be a fool to leave.  KO's comments were that Cal the second he signs up to coach in the NBA is the 7th most important person in the organization

1) Owner
2) President
3) GM
4) Best player
5) 2nd best player
6) 3rd best player
7) Head Coach

GGGG

• All American
The last time the Bulls hired a coach from Iowa State, things went super-well!

Right.  The Bulls should only hire coaches from the Albany Patroons. 

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
KO was interviewed last night on this topic and he basically said Cal has the best job in the country and would be a fool to leave.  KO's comments were that Cal the second he signs up to coach in the NBA is the 7th most important person in the organization

1) Owner
2) President
3) GM
4) Best player
5) 2nd best player
6) 3rd best player
7) Head Coach

On the radio today they discussed with Adrian Wojnaroski how fewer college coaches are making the jump. He said it was a combination of things. First, the league told teams that not overpaying coaches was a good way to save money, making assistants more attractive. Second, as noted, is the power issue. GMs have become the new stars, and the best players can often influence a coach's ability to do his job. Finally, while NBA salaries have gone down, college salaries have gone up, leveling the playing field.

When you think about all the differences, it makes sense that in many cases, college jobs are actually better than NBA jobs. The main reason to make the jump, I would think, is ego.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

MU82

• All American

Right.  The Bulls should only hire coaches from the Albany Patroons. 

You got it! Other Patroons alums include George Karl, Rick Carlisle, Scott Brooks and Bill Musselman.

I'm pretty sure none would have been worse than Pink Floyd.

Musselman would have been a better coach for the Bulls in 2001 ... and he died in 2000!!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

thekahoona

• Starter
"John Calipari 'Desperately Wants' to Coach in the NBA, Could Be Eyeing Brooklyn "...

This tells me that there must be an NCAA investigation brewing...Cal is always one step ahead of the law.

thekahoona

• Starter
If Calcheatucky is thinking about the NBA, that means the NCAA is sniffing around Kentucky.

Ooops, sorry Willie. Didn't see this.

<hat tip>

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
Brooklyn ... they are the old NJ Nets, the team which Cal failed at miserably his last attempt in the NBA.  Why do we think he would be any better this go around?

Cal established his ability to get half the McDonald AA team to sign with him.  He has also shown an ability to coach them against inferior talent.

What of these abilities say he is a good fit for the NBA?

Read the referenced article.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

4everwarriors

• All American

1) Owner
2) President
3) GM
4) Best player
5) 2nd best player
6) 3rd best player
7) Head Coach

And Kevin should know a great gig when he sees one, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

feedback