[Today at 04:47:36 PM]

NIL Future by Uncle Rico
[Today at 03:56:29 PM]

Shaka's 2023-2024 Season Accomplishments by LloydsLegs
[Today at 02:48:52 PM]

MU Gear by MUfan12
[Today at 01:31:51 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Riley  (Read 12794 times)

4everwarriors

• All American
Riley
« on: March 24, 2015, 08:11:54 PM »
Guess Bumstead didn't have any use for this homegrown traditional, hey? Maybe he didn't have a "story" or play with a chip on his shoulder? Starts for Vandy and leads the SEC in freshman scorin'. But we don't need no shooters, ai na?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

We R Final Four

• All American
Re: Riley
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2015, 08:13:20 PM »
no ' chit, ai na?

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2015, 08:17:23 PM »
Burt and Bo missed the boat.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2015, 08:24:31 PM »
He would look very good in Blue and Gold.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2015, 08:56:15 PM »
And he wanted to be here.  I love Buzzard but this, ugh.
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

WarriorPride68

• All American
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2015, 09:24:41 PM »
Burt and Bo missed the boat.

Tim Maymon of a father. Anyone else heard this?

VegasWarrior77

• All American
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2015, 09:55:50 PM »
Jerry Meyer ‏@jerrymeyer247  2m2 minutes ago
Vanderbilt is really going to be good next year. Wish they had a quick point guard who could penetrate and set up all the shooters.

Jerry Meyer ‏@jerrymeyer247  6m6 minutes ago
It's going to be fun to see how much tougher this Vanderbilt team is next year. Players mature and develop under Stallings.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2015, 10:08:39 PM by VegasWarrior77 »
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." Albert Einstein

MU82

• All American
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2015, 10:24:25 PM »
He would look very good in Blue and Gold.

I agree. We missed a good one.

Unfortunately for him and Vandy, though, he looked like he was wearing the Blue and Gold of Jake Thomas tonight!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2015, 06:49:36 AM »
Vanderbilt was the 4th or 5th youngest team in the country this year. They will not only be an NCAA team next year, they will be a strong one.  they have a good class coming in.

They will need to replace the athleticism and rebounding of Siakim.  

Lateral quickness and having guys who can take their defender one v one off of the bounce creating their own shot has long been an issue at Vandy.  They often have good length and size for position, well coached, well developed.  

LaChancehad one of his worst games of the year vs Stanford and seemed tired in his final handful of games, but he had a very strong first season.  

« Last Edit: March 25, 2015, 11:00:55 AM by shoothoops »

KenoshaWarrior

• All American
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2015, 08:51:03 AM »

Tim Maymon of a father. Anyone else heard this?

Who cares how the kids' father is.
LaChance can play and it was a massive recruiting mistake.  As much as I like Buzz it still was not a smart move not to even explore that option. 
But than again he is going to Vandy which is a damn good school

Litehouse

• All American
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2015, 08:55:32 AM »
LaChance can play and it was a massive recruiting mistake.  As much as I like Buzz it still was not a smart move not to even explore that option.  
But than again he is going to Vandy which is a damn good school

I assumed the Maymon comment was a joke.  I thought both his parents were MU grads and his Dad was a big MU fan.  The kid was raised a Warrior and wanted to come here.

Edit: Maybe WarriorPride68 is his Dad?  That would make it the greatest comment in the history of Scoop.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2015, 09:00:45 AM by Litehouse »

NYWarrior

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2015, 09:12:43 AM »
I assumed the Maymon comment was a joke.  I thought both his parents were MU grads and his Dad was a big MU fan.  The kid was raised a Warrior and wanted to come here.

Edit: Maybe WarriorPride68 is his Dad?  That would make it the greatest comment in the history of Scoop.

Riley's father, Tommy, is an MU grad & was a walk-on during the 89-90 season under KO.  I think that was Tommy's senior year at MU.  He's a good guy - was quite a tough player.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2015, 09:22:33 AM »
A lot of MU alumni in that family. It's a shame Buzz was so dismissive of them. Gave him an offer, but next to no time to decide. Riley basically had to accept on the spot if he wanted to play at MU.

Have heard whispers about him being homesick, but nothing lately. I would think if he does decide to leave, MU and UW would be heavily involved.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2015, 10:45:01 AM »
Definitely a lot of MU connection with the family. I had heard that Dad was against him going to MU, even if recruited. Not sure if bad blood or just wanted son to go out of state.

Freeport Warrior

• All American
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2015, 10:43:49 PM »
Bo Ryan

I assumed the Maymon comment was a joke.  I thought both his parents were MU grads and his Dad was a big MU fan.
Tom LaChance runs hot, for sure. He is beyond intense, but IMO he is a great basketball mind, but can certainly rub people the wrong way. Both parents are Brook Central and MU grads. MU was always Riley's dream school for bball.

LaChance can play and it was a massive recruiting mistake.
This is a perfect example of revisionist history. Almost everyone thought Riley was not athletic enough and didn't have the lateral quickness to be a high D1 player. I watched 50+ of his games in high school and I still can't believe his success. But almost everyone -- including his coaches and those close to him -- had him pegged for a mid-major.  Then had an amazing AAU July and a few better offers popped up and he took them. Best mid-range game for a hs kid I have ever seen.

It's a shame Buzz was so dismissive of them. Gave him an offer, but next to no time to decide. Riley basically had to accept on the spot if he wanted to play at MU.
100% accurate

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2015, 10:27:30 AM »
A lot of MU alumni in that family. It's a shame Buzz was so dismissive of them. Gave him an offer, but next to no time to decide. Riley basically had to accept on the spot if he wanted to play at MU.

What was the time frame here?  Was this in July 2013 when he basically gave him a few days to accept otherwise he was going to take the Cohen commitment?

Litehouse

• All American
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2015, 10:31:16 AM »
So if we took Riley would we have lost Sandy?

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2015, 10:33:08 AM »
What was the time frame here?  Was this in July 2013 when he basically gave him a few days to accept otherwise he was going to take the Cohen commitment?

That sounds right. I know it was after Noskowiak committed, so he thought Riley would be redundant.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2015, 10:35:14 AM »
So if we took Riley would we have lost Sandy?

That's what I am trying to figure out.  Why did Buzz give him such a short time frame?

Was it because he promised Sandy (or someone else) something by a certain date?  Was it because he wanted to say he made the offer, but knew that a limited time frame meant he knew it would be rejected?

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2015, 10:41:52 AM »
I don't think it had much to do with Sandy. I think it was him putting in a token effort on a local kid. He thought Noskowiak was a better player at a similar position, so he didn't make Riley a priority.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2015, 10:45:09 AM »
Speaking of Nick, has there been any word regarding where he might be going?

Freeport Warrior

• All American
« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2015, 10:48:55 AM »
Why did Buzz give him such a short time frame?
I don't think anyone will have the answer to this other than Buzz. Even those heavily involved still don't understand.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2015, 10:50:31 AM »

It's interesting how right after the decommit there were a lot of names popping up, and now it's quiet.  He'll definitely be playing somewhere.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2015, 10:52:18 AM »

Haven't heard much of anything there. He has enough baggage that it wouldn't surprise me if he ended up as Buzz's next project at VT.

Still think it would be in his best interests to take a prep year away from home, and join the 2016 class.

MattyWarrior

• All American
« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2015, 01:59:02 PM »
My son played at BC 4 years ago and I saw Riley play a ton, he was a good player but small with no physical presence
and I thought he would end up at South Dakota or UWM, I never felt Buzz was interested..

feedback