[Today at 04:40:04 PM]

Where is Marquette? by Dr. Blackheart
[Today at 04:38:52 PM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by THRILLHO
[Today at 04:05:24 PM]

10 years after “Done Deal” … It’s Happening! by The Sultan of Semantics
[Today at 03:24:51 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Riley  (Read 12770 times)

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
Re: Riley
« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2015, 02:09:50 PM »
I'd love to see Riley in blue and gold too, but if Buzz missed on him, so did Bo.

Other than Vandy, 24/7 lists offers from Mizzou, Baylor, Iowa, Minnesota and a couple of others, but any interest by MU or UW-Madison must have been limited because they aren't even mentioned.  looks like Izzo and Crean also had a bit of interest, but no mention of an offer.  Late bloomer that Stallings jumped on perhaps?

schubert33

• Starter
« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2015, 03:24:29 PM »

Tim Maymon of a father. Anyone else heard this?

Tom LaChance is my sons AAU coach on Ray Allen Select.  I couldn't ask for a better coach, mentor for my son.

Great man, who cares a lot about the kids.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2015, 03:31:33 PM »
Tom LaChance is my sons AAU coach on Ray Allen Select.  I couldn't ask for a better coach, mentor for my son.

Great man, who cares a lot about the kids.

Oh, you and your first-hand experience and facts and other silly stuff.

Don't you know that rumors and innuendo rule in these parts?!?!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Freeport Warrior

• All American
« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2015, 05:07:30 PM »
I'd love to see Riley in blue and gold too, but if Buzz missed on him, so did Bo.

Other than Vandy, 24/7 lists offers from Mizzou, Baylor, Iowa, Minnesota and a couple of others, but any interest by MU or UW-Madison must have been limited because they aren't even mentioned.  looks like Izzo and Crean also had a bit of interest, but no mention of an offer.  Late bloomer that Stallings jumped on perhaps?
Can't recall which one, but one of them came to BC to watch him in a private workout and it was one of the only times Riley didn't shoot well. Funny thing too, Stallings never saw LaChance before offering him -- it was his assistant.
http://chrisdortch.info/hard-working-lachance-makes-quick-impact-for-vanderbilt/

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #29 on: March 26, 2015, 05:32:44 PM »
Good Article. I was at this game. It was the championship of NY2LA Summer Jam and the player was Melo Trimble. Both guys had 30+. Riley put on a show. Travis Ford and I think Scott Drew were both in attendance, and both offered after the game.

"LaChance doesn’t compare physically with the kind of shooting guard that might turn up at Kentucky—he’s 6-foot-2 and doesn’t possess blazing speed or explosive jumping ability—but before his high school career was finished, LaChance turned himself into an ESPN Top 100 recruit. There are numerous tales of LaChance’s exploits on the AAU circuit, in full view of recruiting analysts and college coaches.

“There was one AAU team that had a highly athletic player who had an offer to go to Maryland,” Adams said. “Riley put up 40 on him. They started changing guys off of him, but it didn’t make any difference.”

LaChance had a knack for playing to the occasion."
« Last Edit: March 26, 2015, 05:41:18 PM by MUEagle1090 »

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #30 on: March 26, 2015, 05:33:42 PM »
Double Post

MU82

• All American
« Reply #31 on: March 26, 2015, 05:34:31 PM »
LaChance had a knack for playing to the occasion.

Obviously, Riley agrees with me that the NIT is a crappy occasion!  ;D
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #32 on: March 26, 2015, 06:43:03 PM »
Can't recall which one, but one of them came to BC to watch him in a private workout and it was one of the only times Riley didn't shoot well. Funny thing too, Stallings never saw LaChance before offering him -- it was his assistant.
http://chrisdortch.info/hard-working-lachance-makes-quick-impact-for-vanderbilt/

I know for sure Crean was at BC to watch him.  Not sure if he performed well or not then.

I saw him play many times in high school.  I always thought he would make a good fit at a mid major and probably be a career 10-15 ppg guy in the right situation.  I didn't think he'd be able to defend at the high major level, especially because BC always played their 1-3-1 defense and never played man to man.  Up through his junior year he also seemed to "disappear" (relative to what how he usually played, so less efficient but probably still 15 points or so) in bigger (high school) games against some of the better competition (although he had a huge game at Germantown when they had their best team of all the years his junior year).  His senior year I started to compare him to a 6'2" version of McDermott.  Won't wow you with speed or athleticism but if you give him a milliscecond to put a shot up you'll regret it.  Incredibly good at understanding how to space the floor and find open spaces.  What he lacked in athleticism he was able to make up for in "headiness."  Even after seeing him start to play more consistently against the best teams, I still would've never guessed he would be this good, especially this early, at an SEC level.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2015, 06:48:27 PM by wadesworld »
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Freeport Warrior

• All American
« Reply #33 on: March 27, 2015, 10:55:34 AM »
I was at this game. It was the championship of NY2LA Summer Jam and the player was Melo Trimble. Both guys had 30+. Riley put on a show. Travis Ford and I think Scott Drew were both in attendance, and both offered after the game.
We were there too. It's times like this that his dad has gained his rep as being "intense" - to be kind. There was a bad call against RAS with about a minute left and dad LaChance lost it. Double techs, kicked out of gym -- I thought he was going to headbutt the ref. It was a bad call, and DC Assault ended up winning the game because of the techs. His dad is beyond intense, but he really does know his stuff.

WarriorPride68

• All American
« Reply #34 on: March 27, 2015, 11:03:47 AM »
We were there too. It's times like this that his dad has gained his rep as being "intense" - to be kind. There was a bad call against RAS with about a minute left and dad LaChance lost it. Double techs, kicked out of gym -- I thought he was going to headbutt the ref. It was a bad call, and DC Assault ended up winning the game because of the techs. His dad is beyond intense, but he really does know his stuff.

Thanks. That's why I brought it up in the first place. Just heard papa LaChance ego turned off some coaches...

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #35 on: March 27, 2015, 11:09:04 AM »

Yep. My younger brother (same age as Riley) played for his summer league teams up until 8th grade or so. Said he's the best coach that he's had in any sport. Loved the kids, great teacher.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2015, 11:10:38 AM by MUEagle1090 »

feedback