[April 24, 2024, 08:12:40 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by WhiteTrash
[April 24, 2024, 07:58:02 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by MU82
[April 24, 2024, 04:38:12 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Uncle Rico
[April 24, 2024, 04:09:20 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Sam Hauser 16 Gtown 12  (Read 32422 times)

BCHoopster

• All American
Re: Sam Hauser 16 Gtown 12
« Reply #50 on: April 01, 2015, 04:22:45 PM »
Is there anybody else in state besides Hauser who is potentially high D1 major player?  Besides Anderson, not impressed for MU or Wisky

Freeport Warrior

• All American
« Reply #51 on: April 01, 2015, 04:28:47 PM »
Guessing he meant top at their positions in the state.

Though I'd be curious for FW's thoughts on Nobal Days, if you've seen him.
Love him. He was the first kid I actually watched play AAU ball. Sat next to his dad when I first watched him play in 3rd grade for Playground Elite. His best attribute at this point in his development is that he "gets it." He is defense minded and knows where to be on the court at all times. He is the definition of "rim protector." I remember a game we lost to him and he only had 4 points and took 5 or 6 shots. He did all of his work on the defensive end and probably blocked 10+ shots. I saw he actually dunked in a game this year. His offensive game is a work in progress, but he plays hard and gets boards. He could be the next Diamond-type player in WI for sure. He has a much higher motor than his brother (who I always felt should be so much better than he is). Both seem like very good kids off the court.

Freeport Warrior

• All American
« Reply #52 on: April 01, 2015, 04:34:46 PM »
Is there anybody else in state besides Hauser who is potentially high D1 major player?  Besides Anderson, not impressed for MU or Wisky
The two that pop to mind for me are Juwan McCloud from Germantown (I think he has an offer from Northern Iowa) and Bryce Nze from Arrowhead. I thought Nze would be the top guy based on seeing him that last two years. I think he was injured during the last year, but not sure. Never could understand how Arrowhead wasn't so much better based on paper. I didn't see them play this year, but they added a good point guard, so I thought they would be a real contender. Never happened. Nze plays for Playground Elite's EYBL team.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #53 on: April 01, 2015, 04:46:56 PM »
Part of me wants Kaj Days for 2016 just in hopes I'd help with his brother. Might be a good preferred walk on option. Read about their father and family, seems like a very savvy pair of kids.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Freeport Warrior

• All American
« Reply #54 on: April 01, 2015, 04:51:59 PM »
Am I reading this correctly that in your opinion the best guard and center in that age group are both from Wisconsin? Damn, that's impressive. Hopefully Wojo is aware of this.
Yes, in the state. The center, Jack Plumb, has been 6' 6"+ for some time (close to 2 or 3 years), so he isn't your typical lanky, uncoordinated 6' 7" guy. He can actually shoot 3s and put the ball on the deck. He used to dominate in the early years simply based on height. It is always interesting to see how kids develop once the other kids catch up. There are plenty of jerks and attitudes with players/families in the AAU scene -- Jack Plumb reminds me of Matt Heldt in the sense that they are just happy, fun-loving kids who like to play hoops. Both seem to always have a smile on their faces. Plumbs' parents are the nicest, most grounded people you could ever meet.  I recall seeing an Instagram (my kid's feed) with Plumb, Herro and McCabe who were guests of Bo at the UW game earlier this year. I'm sure Wojo is aware.

Freeport Warrior

• All American
« Reply #55 on: April 01, 2015, 05:10:10 PM »
Part of me wants Kaj Days for 2016 just in hopes I'd help with his brother. Might be a good preferred walk on option. Read about their father and family, seems like a very savvy pair of kids.
I watched him last weekend at a tourney. I don't know how Kaj projects to the next level. My comparison would be a very poor man's Juan Anderson (he looks to be 6' 6"?). Kaj has been a "big man" his whole life and doesn't look to have the skills to be a wing.  This is in direct comparison to a kid like Joey Hauser, who has been a giant his whole life as well. The Hauser dad didn't let anyone turn his son into a center even though he was always a foot taller than everyone else. Now, Joey Hauser is a 6' 7" wing with skills.

I don't know what was going on last weekend, but I watched two Playground 17U teams play. Their EYBL top team and their other 17U team. Kaj played on the "other" team when I watched. The EYBL team had Jordan Poole, Flory, Deang Deang, Terrance Lewis (I'm pretty sure it was him) and a freshman from Marquette High, Liam Schroeder. Seeing Schroeder play with them (and not Kaj) was surprising. Schroeder is a 6' 7" center who played Marq HS JV most of the year (and didn't get a ton of time the two times I saw him). He must be on their radar as one of the faces on the program moving forward.

Fred Garvin

• All American
« Reply #56 on: April 01, 2015, 05:23:56 PM »
Jordan has been on Campus,met with coach Nelson,and Wojo.Has also been to Michigan St and met with Izzo already

BossplayaOtto

• All American
« Reply #57 on: April 02, 2015, 10:25:22 AM »
Is "Vanilla Ice" considered a legit D1 prospect, or will he be taking the Globetrotters up on their offer once he finishes school?

McCabe put up 26 in a victory over Rice Lake. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bW1qW6MYCiQ&sns=fb

http://ballislife.com/9th-grader-jordan-mccabe/

His family moved to Wisconsin from Washington and per family friends Gonzaga is apparently his dream school ever since he met John Stockton at an early age. Kid has mad handles.

Aircraftcarrier

• Team Captain
« Reply #58 on: April 02, 2015, 10:52:50 AM »

Someone said that Jordan McCabe is not a D1 player.Are you kidding me?Wow.

Fred Garvin

• All American
« Reply #59 on: April 02, 2015, 02:06:06 PM »
The McCabes are from Kaukauna,they moved to Washington for work and are now back home in Wisconsin.No has had him down to a couple games also

Fred Garvin

• All American
« Reply #60 on: April 02, 2015, 02:10:18 PM »
Sorry I meant Bo

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #61 on: April 02, 2015, 06:19:48 PM »
Up to the right of your own posts is a modify button, so you can correct an erroneous post.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

Freeport Warrior

• All American
« Reply #62 on: April 02, 2015, 07:22:02 PM »
That was me. I'm not kidding, but it is just my opinion. As I stated, he is fun to watch. I just don't know who he could guard at the D1 level. I don't see the lateral quickness to defend a D1 guard, let alone a big D1 guard. In AAU, kids go right at him because they know he doesn't want to pick up a foul. I've seen the highlight reels and they are impressive, but I've also seen between the highlights -- 15+ full games, most in AAU. He has always been way older and destroyed kids with his handle. What happens when their bodies all catch up? He looks to be done growing. He will kill it in high school ball for sure, but D1, I'm not sold. I realize he has a lot of hype and a ton of highlights. And as I said earlier, it only takes one offer. I'm just giving you my opinion based on watching him a bit. Who knows, I'll see him this weekend and maybe my opinion will change.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #63 on: April 02, 2015, 08:22:07 PM »

Interesting how you call someone out without providing one scintilla of support for why what they said is questionable.  McCabe is a division I guy because you've seen hype about him?  Are you kidding me?  Wow.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

Aircraftcarrier

• Team Captain
« Reply #64 on: April 03, 2015, 06:26:49 AM »
I have seen McCabe him play .Big Time player. No need to argue. Time will tell. Do you have any idea who is recruiting him? You might want to check?

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #65 on: April 03, 2015, 06:40:08 AM »
I have seen McCabe him play .Big Time player. No need to argue. Time will tell. Do you have any idea who is recruiting him? You might want to check?

FW gave his reasons why he feels otherwise. You simply saying "I watched him, he's big time, no argument" kind of kills your argument.

I'll admit I haven't watched McCabe. But if you want to make a counter argument, you may want to address who he can guard and why you feel his abilities will work once the age gap decreases and he isn't the most physically advanced kid on the court.

Highlights can always be deceiving. Juan Anderson is a great example. We never saw the Juan Anderson that dominated in Oakland because that stuff just doesn't work at this level. I sense that's what FW is trying to say about McCabe.

Aircraftcarrier

• Team Captain
« Reply #66 on: April 03, 2015, 07:22:53 AM »
I saw him play on his High School team against players that are 2  or 3 years older than him.He dominated some of those games.He may be a year older than his grade like Travis was,but stiil anybody that questions his ability in my opinion is wrong.As far as defense,there is not much in AAU.In High school the star players try to stay out of foul trouble because they can ill afford to be on the bench.Almost all High School players need to improve there defense when they get to college.BrewCity I am sure you know who is recruiting him.

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #67 on: April 03, 2015, 08:12:16 AM »
BrewCity I am sure you know who is recruiting him.

I do know who is recruiting him. He has an impressive list of suitors at the moment. That said, young guys with great highlight reels often have big interest early. Being recruited when you are 3 years from a decision is quite a bit different than having an offer during the first semester of your senior year.

I'm not trying to discount either side, but I know Freeport watches a ton of high school ball and I value his opinion on the matter. No one is denying McCabe has a great handle and excellent passing ability. He definitely has a street ball style that you rarely see upstate. But because you rarely see it, that sometimes makes it more effective at that level.

Every year we see some third, fifth, or eighth grader that is the next great PG. Ridiculous dribbling skills for their age, make crazy no-look passes, and after a few videos, they are never heard from again. If McCabe can play defense and if he can keep making those passes work at the D1 level, he could be something special. But if he's not a willing defender, there are dozens of kids like him that put flash over fundamentals and were exposed once they took it up a level.

Right now Mark Miller has McCabe 2nd in the 2018 class behind Joey Hauser. We'll see how he develops.

Freeport Warrior

• All American
« Reply #68 on: April 03, 2015, 11:19:40 AM »
I saw him play on his High School team against players that are 2  or 3 years older than him.He dominated some of those games.He may be a year older than his grade like Travis was,but stiil anybody that questions his ability in my opinion is wrong.As far as defense,there is not much in AAU.In High school the star players try to stay out of foul trouble because they can ill afford to be on the bench.Almost all High School players need to improve there defense when they get to college.BrewCity I am sure you know who is recruiting him.
Agree to disagree. And I understand I am in the minority here. But leave the hype at the door and I look at a guy McCabe's size like Drake's Reed Timmer (New Berlin Ike), and I think there is little comparison from an all-around game perspective. Defensively, it is not even in the ball park. Timmer was always one of the MKE's top scorers, but his defense was fantastic. He had a decent number of low D1 offers. I watched a McCabe hs game on cable this season. He played well offensively, but he could never guard a guy like say, Brandon Key from West Allis Central. Key would put up 40 on him. That is the kind of speed that is commonplace in D1 ball - and I don't even know if Key has a D1 offer. Is it possible he gets a low D1 offer? Possibly. High D1, I absolutely cannot see it at all. Am I wrong? Maybe. Probably. Just my opinion.

Black Swan

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #69 on: April 03, 2015, 01:57:50 PM »
A couple of things on McCabe. His dad is from Kaukauna, graduated in either 97 or 98. He was a good player, probably a WIAC type but when Jordan was born his dad Matt decided to get a job. Good person. As far as his future, I think it is too early to say what level he will eventually play. I would be surprised if he isn't D1 as he is extremely skilled. However, he is not very big and I don't see great quickness yet. I agree with Freeport as far as his defense but I think his skills are so strong he will play D1, just a matter of how high.

Freeport Warrior

• All American
« Reply #70 on: April 04, 2015, 08:07:16 PM »
I think his skills are so strong he will play D1, just a matter of how high.
Probably true, but I don't know how much is due to the hype machine. I would say "success" at either level is highly debatable.  I watched 2/3 of his game this morning. Right before I stepped in the gym, Mark Miller tweeted something like "McCabe showing elite skills against Mac Irvin Fire." Don't know what that meant -- maybe he hit everything before I got in the gym. It seems like Miller is always glowing in his praise. I was watching two games at once, but I saw Mcabe hit 6 free throws in the second half and miss most of his jumpers. He DOMINATES the ball, and not in a good way. He picked up 3 reaching fouls and had to go to the bench. (No one can change my mind on this: his D is brutal.) When he went out, the other players -- Herro (Whitnall), Justice (Mad East), and Jack Plumb (the big kid from Bayport) started getting more involved and pulled away. He does have an amazing handle, although he was stripped twice while I was watching and had a double dribble. He also took a layup with seconds winding down rather than just pulling back and dribbling. Their team ended up winning by double digits, but Mac Irvin's Kezo Brown (one of the highest rated kids in the entire class) from Simeon did not play (he was on the bench). I'll stand by my evaluations and say I would absolutely take Herro over McCabe, and think Herro will have more college success than McCabe as well. Again, just my opinion.

If you're going up to NY2LA, catch Christian Negron from Mac Irvin 16U -- dude is a highlight film. Another guy, Jeremiah Tilmon from 17U St. Louis Eagles is a freaking beat.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #71 on: May 10, 2015, 04:27:33 PM »
The two that pop to mind for me are Juwan McCloud from Germantown (I think he has an offer from Northern Iowa)

Just committed to Northern Iowa. Think he could have been a decent backup plan to Cassius Winston.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

TedBaxter

• All American
« Reply #72 on: May 10, 2015, 07:20:20 PM »
The guard positions could be solidified depending on how the Andrew Rowsey visit goes this week.
If You Aren't All In For Marquette Basketball, Move On

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #73 on: May 10, 2015, 08:11:27 PM »
Agree to disagree. And I understand I am in the minority here. But leave the hype at the door and I look at a guy McCabe's size like Drake's Reed Timmer (New Berlin Ike), and I think there is little comparison from an all-around game perspective. Defensively, it is not even in the ball park. Timmer was always one of the MKE's top scorers, but his defense was fantastic. He had a decent number of low D1 offers. I watched a McCabe hs game on cable this season. He played well offensively, but he could never guard a guy like say, Brandon Key from West Allis Central. Key would put up 40 on him. That is the kind of speed that is commonplace in D1 ball - and I don't even know if Key has a D1 offer. Is it possible he gets a low D1 offer? Possibly. High D1, I absolutely cannot see it at all. Am I wrong? Maybe. Probably. Just my opinion.

Didn't Key commit?

UWM?

Nevermind.

Confused the kid with Damon Key's son, Jaylen Key, who committed to NIU.

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/preps/highly-touted-jaylen-key-levi-bradley-follow-in-fathers-basketball-footsteps-b99454614z1-294775361.html
« Last Edit: May 10, 2015, 08:14:55 PM by 77ncaachamps »
SS Marquette

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #74 on: May 10, 2015, 09:25:57 PM »
Not a huge Juwan McCloud fan.  Think the MVC is about right for him but Marquette needs to aim higher.

feedback