[Today at 05:23:29 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[Today at 05:04:53 PM]

2024 Mock Drafts by Uncle Rico
[Today at 04:46:35 PM]

NIL Future by MU82
[Today at 03:21:43 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Sam Hauser 16 Gtown 12  (Read 32409 times)

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
Re: Sam Hauser 16 Gtown 12
« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2015, 06:39:40 PM »
Sorry if I'm missing the boat here.....but are you talking about Hauser or the poster?

The poster. Bo is on Hauser, but I think we get him. Wojo has made him a priority from the day he took the Marquette job
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Freeport Warrior

• All American
« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2015, 07:49:23 PM »
I think I said it last year, but Sam Hauser reminds me of a less athletic Sam Dekker (high school comparison). I've watched him a lot over the passed few summers and he is just an incredibly mature, high IQ player who makes shots. I think he is just a step slower than Dekker, but I've seen him against some pretty high level defenders and he has held his own — he certainly wasn't flawless and got picked a few times here and there, but he seems to be improving every time I see him.  Reminds me of watching Melo Trimble D up Riley LaChance two summers ago in Mequon, and you just expected LaChance's lack of true athleticism catch up to him, but it never did because he is so fundamentally sound and smart with the ball. Hauser isn't overly athletic, but he just plays smart and picks his spots so well. Next thing you know, he has 20 points. I still remember watching his "little" brother play against us in the youth state tournament -- Joe Hauser could put hold the ball so high, our guys couldn't even jump up to touch it. Joe Hauser has been playing up two years in AAU for the past couple seasons. Smartest thing his dad ever did was making sure he stayed out on the wing and didn't let them turn him into a center. He loves shooting 3s and is very good at it. Joe doesn't have a sidekick like Trev Anderson, however.  FWIW I've seen both brothers at MU games this year. I know Tony Bennett has been on both for some time as well. I would take Henry over Sam Hauser, but wouldn't be surprised if Sam blows up this summer and get interest from a blue blood -- no inside info, just a gut feeling.

BCHoopster

• All American
« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2015, 08:50:44 PM »
In a college game, there are many opportunities to shot the 3 ball, look at ND or even Villy, Sam will get his opportunites.    Sam has a sweet shot at 17 years old, and will not be in college until 2016-17.  I see a bright future for him where ever he goes.  Surprised Bo has not given him an offer yet.

injuryBug

• Team Captain
« Reply #28 on: March 23, 2015, 08:54:44 PM »
I saw Dekker play a lot in High school and have seen Hauser play few times now in HS.  Hauser is a much better shooter than Dekker.

Freeport Warrior

• All American
« Reply #29 on: March 24, 2015, 08:11:58 AM »
I saw Dekker play a lot in High school and have seen Hauser play few times now in HS.  Hauser is a much better shooter than Dekker.
I would concede that he is a better shooter, but not "much" better. That's why I said compared them in high school -- and I think I should have been more specific. Coming out of high school, Dekker was known as a pretty good shooter. His shooting slumps for the Badgers are highly critiqued and what most people remember right now IMO. Sam Hauser gets a ton of wide open looks now for SP because he has a brother and point guard who need to be guarded as well. He makes a ton of shots. If you watched Dekker with Sheboygan Lutheran, much like Henry in HS, he was constantly triple-teamed by munchkins every time he had the ball because there weren't any other threats on the team. In AAU ball, when Dekker had Tokoto and Koenig splitting defenders and driving to the hoop and kicking out, Dekker seemed to knock down shots at a similar clip from my memory. Conversely, Hauser doesn't look like the Kyle Korver he is for SP during the hs regular season when he plays for WI Academy in the summer. Hauser's WI Academy team is pretty much his brother, Anderson and Jack Popp from Homestead. Just one man's opinion. Would love to have Hauser on our team.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #30 on: March 24, 2015, 08:42:16 AM »
I would concede that he is a better shooter, but not "much" better. That's why I said compared them in high school -- and I think I should have been more specific. Coming out of high school, Dekker was known as a pretty good shooter. His shooting slumps for the Badgers are highly critiqued and what most people remember right now IMO. Sam Hauser gets a ton of wide open looks now for SP because he has a brother and point guard who need to be guarded as well. He makes a ton of shots. If you watched Dekker with Sheboygan Lutheran, much like Henry in HS, he was constantly triple-teamed by munchkins every time he had the ball because there weren't any other threats on the team. In AAU ball, when Dekker had Tokoto and Koenig splitting defenders and driving to the hoop and kicking out, Dekker seemed to knock down shots at a similar clip from my memory. Conversely, Hauser doesn't look like the Kyle Korver he is for SP during the hs regular season when he plays for WI Academy in the summer. Hauser's WI Academy team is pretty much his brother, Anderson and Jack Popp from Homestead. Just one man's opinion. Would love to have Hauser on our team.

Jack Popp?  First time I've heard that name.  Is he a high major prospect?
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

Freeport Warrior

• All American
« Reply #31 on: March 24, 2015, 09:14:44 AM »
Jack Popp?  First time I've heard that name.  Is he a high major prospect?
I believe he is a D1 football prospect, plays wide receiver for Homestead. He is a kid who would win MVP of a lot of AAU basketball tourneys from middle school through probably freshman year. He was always bigger and stronger at that age. He is definition of an athlete, probably 6' 3". Great defender, super quick.  He was always a Playground Elite kid, then he switched to WI Academy maybe last year. Not as offensive-minded as Anderson, but a real solid player. Feels wrong to call him a role player, but he is the perfect fit on his AAU team. It's possible he's a D1 bball player -- I could see a place like Drake. Funny, I just looked him up on the wissports rankings and he's rated #20 for basketball and #20 for football. I'm told he can absolutely fly on the football field.

VegasWarrior77

• All American
« Reply #32 on: March 24, 2015, 09:58:36 PM »
Mark Miller ‏@WisBBYearbook  8s9 seconds ago
Toledo offered a scholarship today to Stevens Point junior Trev Anderson.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." Albert Einstein

VegasWarrior77

• All American
« Reply #33 on: March 30, 2015, 08:36:54 PM »
Wisconsin Academy ‏@WiscoAcademy  36m36 minutes ago
SPASH's Sam Hauser (@Big_Smooth10) now has offers from Bradley, Creighton, Drake, Marquette, UNI, Richmond, Toledo & UW-Green Bay! #WAB
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." Albert Einstein

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #34 on: March 30, 2015, 08:44:00 PM »
Wisconsin Academy ‏@WiscoAcademy  36m36 minutes ago
SPASH's Sam Hauser (@Big_Smooth10) now has offers from Bradley, Creighton, Drake, Marquette, UNI, Richmond, Toledo & UW-Green Bay! #WAB

What is taking so long for the high majors to get involved, it's us and Creighton right now, maybe you could throw Richmond in there too.  

Oh well, improves our chances at landing him, given that we'll have been on Hauser longer than any of the high majors that may try to get in still.

The kid can do it all, really hope he lands at MU.  Would be another excellent building block for the program.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #35 on: March 30, 2015, 08:46:42 PM »
What is taking so long for the high majors to get involved, it's us and Creighton right now, maybe you could throw Richmond in there too. 

Oh well, improves our chances at landing him, given that we'll have been on Hauser longer than any of the high majors that may try to get in still.

The kid can do it all, really hope he lands at MU. 

I think a lot of programs are going to keep their eyes on him this summer.  A skinny kid, not terribly athletic.  I can see why they aren't jumping on board right now. 

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #36 on: March 30, 2015, 08:51:17 PM »

I think a lot of programs are going to keep their eyes on him this summer.  A skinny kid, not terribly athletic.  I can see why they aren't jumping on board right now.  

I agree, pure running, jumping, etc, he doesn't jump out at you.  But the kid is so skilled and smooth.  And he looks plenty athletic to me to play at any big-time school.  He had a few block shots in the state title game this year that aren't made without strong athletic abiility.  Those blocks were way more than as an example him standing there with a 6'2 kid trying to shoot over him.  

Skinny didn't come to mind when I saw him.  Sure he needs some muscle, most kids do coming out of high school.  That should be no issue.  

Glad we got in early with him, can't do anything but increase our chances over a school that's late to the party on him.  Recruiting is so much building relationships.  

VegasWarrior77

• All American
« Reply #37 on: March 30, 2015, 08:53:00 PM »

The kid can do it all, really hope he lands at MU.  Would be another excellent building block for the program.

I think MU could do another "brother act" scenario and land both Sam and Joey....

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #38 on: March 30, 2015, 08:53:14 PM »

I think a lot of programs are going to keep their eyes on him this summer.  A skinny kid, not terribly athletic.  I can see why they aren't jumping on board right now. 
This young guy simply can play and has the size and skills to be a difference maker.  Have seen him in person and on TV in the state tournament.  Certainly not an AA,but he is the real deal.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #39 on: March 30, 2015, 08:55:24 PM »
I agree, pure running, jumping, etc, he doesn't jump out at you.  But the kid is so skilled and smooth.  And he looks plenty athletic to me to play at any big-time school.  He had a few block shots in the state title game this year that aren't made without strong athletic abiility.  Those blocks were way more than as an example him standing there with a 6'2 kid trying to shoot over him. 

Skinny didn't come to mind when I saw him.  Sure he needs some muscle, most kids do coming out of high school.  That should be no issue. 

Glad we got in early with him, can't do anything but increase our chances over a school that's late to the party on him.  Recruiting is so much building relationships. 

This young guy simply can play and has the size and skills to be a difference maker.  Have seen him in person and on TV in the state tournament.  Certainly not an AA,but he is the real deal.

I agree with both of you.  I am just responding as to why more bigger programs aren't after him at this point. 

That being said, I don't think he is a make or break prospect for MU.

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #40 on: March 30, 2015, 09:00:20 PM »
I think MU could do another "brother act" scenario and land both Sam and Joey....

Absolutely, Joey showed himself to have stud like potential - he played a huge role in the third quarter against Gtown where Point essentially put that game away.  And we're talking about a high school freshman doing that.  He looks the part to, be interesting to see how he develops in the next three years, but highly intriguing prospect no doubt.

Stretchdeltsig

• All American
« Reply #41 on: March 30, 2015, 09:12:52 PM »
Think both brothers will be great Warriors.  Would love to see them grow a few inches.  They play like winners.

Blackhat

• All American
« Reply #42 on: April 01, 2015, 01:47:38 PM »
I feel a trade is in the air.

Head coach Scott Andersen, Sam Hauser to Marquette

Brett Nelson to SPASH.

Win-win.  Get it done.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #43 on: April 01, 2015, 02:47:30 PM »
I feel a trade is in the air.

Head coach Scott Andersen, Sam Hauser to Marquette

Brett Nelson to SPASH.

Win-win.  Get it done.

I'm not sure I get it...
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #44 on: April 01, 2015, 03:26:56 PM »
I'm not sure I get it...

April Fool's Day joke, maybe...
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

Freeport Warrior

• All American
« Reply #45 on: April 01, 2015, 03:38:57 PM »
Hauser brothers, Trev Anderson in MKE this weekend. They play first game on Friday at Homestead High School 7:30 pm, Court 3. It looks like Joe Hauser (freshman) is only playing up one year to 16U (don't know if this is permanent or not), so won't be playing with Sam on 17U. They play Iowa Barnstormers, typically the best team in Iowa. They have Brad Lohaus' kid on their team. He is a 2star with an offer from Western IL.

If you're looking to watch some competitive basketball, this is a great event. $10. Personally, I want to watch Mac Irvin Fire vs. WI Playground Warriors 15U. Can't find their updated roster, but Kezo Brown from Chicago Simeon was on Mac Irvin last year. Cliff Alexander, Jabari, Okafor are alums for Mac Irvin. The 15Us  Playground Warriors have "vanilla ice" Jordan McCabe, Tyler Herro (my pick for top guard in class) and Jack Plumb (top center in class from Bayport).

DienerTime34

• All American
« Reply #46 on: April 01, 2015, 03:47:13 PM »
Hauser brothers, Trev Anderson in MKE this weekend. They play first game on Friday at Homestead High School 7:30 pm, Court 3. It looks like Joe Hauser (freshman) is only playing up one year to 16U (don't know if this is permanent or not), so won't be playing with Sam on 17U. They play Iowa Barnstormers, typically the best team in Iowa. They have Brad Lohaus' kid on their team. He is a 2star with an offer from Western IL.

If you're looking to watch some competitive basketball, this is a great event. $10. Personally, I want to watch Mac Irvin Fire vs. WI Playground Warriors 15U. Can't find their updated roster, but Kezo Brown from Chicago Simeon was on Mac Irvin last year. Cliff Alexander, Jabari, Okafor are alums for Mac Irvin. The 15Us  Playground Warriors have "vanilla ice" Jordan McCabe, Tyler Herro (my pick for top guard in class) and Jack Plumb (top center in class from Bayport).

Is "Vanilla Ice" considered a legit D1 prospect, or will he be taking the Globetrotters up on their offer once he finishes school?

swoopem

• All American
« Reply #47 on: April 01, 2015, 04:06:56 PM »

Am I reading this correctly that in your opinion the best guard and center in that age group are both from Wisconsin? Damn, that's impressive. Hopefully Wojo is aware of this.
Bring back FFP!!!

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #48 on: April 01, 2015, 04:10:34 PM »
Am I reading this correctly that in your opinion the best guard and center in that age group are both from Wisconsin? Damn, that's impressive. Hopefully Wojo is aware of this.

Guessing he meant top at their positions in the state.

Though I'd be curious for FW's thoughts on Nobal Days, if you've seen him.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Freeport Warrior

• All American
« Reply #49 on: April 01, 2015, 04:18:34 PM »
Is "Vanilla Ice" considered a legit D1 prospect, or will he be taking the Globetrotters up on their offer once he finishes school?
In my opinion, he is not a D1 guy. He is a good high school player with special talents. But he has the hype machine and Ritchie Davis behind him, and it only takes one. I just don't know who he could guard at the next level. Doesn't like defense and it shows imo. He is a good shooter, but not great. He turned 16 on the first day of freshman year, so he is in some cases close to two years older than other kids in 15U. (Under AAU rules, just six weeks before he turns 17, it is 'legal" for him to be playing in 15U basketball - makes no sense.) He looks to be a shade under 6', his dad is very short, so it looks like he is done growing too.  All of that aside, he is very, very fun to watch. He has an absolutely "sick" handle -- some of the best ball handling you will ever see. He is also an amazing passer, although he will always opt for the no-look dazzler when a simple bounce pass will do. I would take his running mate, Tyler Herro from Whitnall all day over him if I'm starting a team. Much quicker. Plays defense and like it. Super competitive. Looks to be 6' 2", lean and still growing. Doesn't have the handle of McCabe, but pretty solid. I think he is a D1 player. Just one man's opinion.

feedback