[April 19, 2024, 11:23:24 PM]

2024 Mock Drafts by Jockey
[April 19, 2024, 11:10:31 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Jockey
[April 19, 2024, 11:09:03 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by Scoop Snoop
[April 19, 2024, 09:34:36 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Sam Hauser 16 Gtown 12  (Read 32410 times)

injuryBug

• Team Captain
Sam Hauser 16 Gtown 12
« on: March 21, 2015, 08:44:01 PM »
Sam can flat out shoot the rock.  Would be great to get him and his brother to MU

4everwarriors

• All American
Re: Sam Hauser 16 Gtown 12
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2015, 08:44:39 PM »
Affirmative, ai na? In other words, no chit, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2015, 08:46:28 PM »
Maybe Riley will transfer back from Vandy, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

VegasWarrior77

• All American
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2015, 08:48:11 PM »
Mark Miller ‏@WisBBYearbook  5m5 minutes ago
Stevens Point 16, Germantown 12 after first period of D1 title game. Sam Hauser with all 16 for SPASH. Shooting display.

Mark Miller ‏@WisBBYearbook  6m6 minutes ago
Marquette coach Steve Wojciechowski in attendance to watch Stevens Point and Sam Hauser.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." Albert Einstein

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2015, 08:56:06 PM »
Mark Miller ‏@WisBBYearbook  5m5 minutes ago
Stevens Point 16, Germantown 12 after first period of D1 title game. Sam Hauser with all 16 for SPASH. Shooting display.

Mark Miller ‏@WisBBYearbook  6m6 minutes ago
Marquette coach Steve Wojciechowski in attendance to watch Stevens Point and Sam Hauser.

This season was all part of a bigger plan, ai'na?  Miss the tourney so you can show the recruits some love in Bo's own gym.  Bo nowhere to be found.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2015, 08:57:19 PM »
This season was all part of a bigger plan, ai'na?  Miss the tourney so you can show the recruits some love in Bo's own gym.  Bo nowhere to be found.

I suspect Sam will be watching Bo on the tube tomorrow and cheering on the Badgers.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2015, 08:58:18 PM »
Bo knows traditionals, ai na?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Earl Tatum

• All American
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2015, 10:41:53 PM »
Don't forget Anderson.

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2015, 10:51:26 PM »
First time I saw him.  He absolutely dominated Gtown tonight.  He had like 5 blocks, several of them difficult where he had to close in a hurry on a guy going up.  Passes well, unselfish, shot the lights out, aggressive, rebounds it, understands the game.  He has it all. 

He is going to get a ton of attention from now until whenever he signs, hopefully with us.

And his brother, Joey I think, freshman, he's a guy to watch also.  Didn't play like a frosh at all tonight.  Had a really good third quarter when Stevens Point effectively put Gtown away.

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2015, 11:08:17 PM »
Don't forget Anderson.

Trev Anderson looks like a nice player, but he's not a high major, not a guy you can expect to go places with playing a large role for a team at the high major level. 

muhoops1

• All American
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2015, 11:39:48 PM »
Tony Bennett had his dad watch Sam and then went himself just before their game against Louisville.  The secret is out.  As I've said before the parents want a school where Sam & Joe can play together. 

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2015, 11:43:28 PM »
As I've said before the parents want a school where Sam & Joe can play together.  

It's that critical to Mr. and Mrs. Hauser that they play all of two seasons together?  If that's true, seems a little odd as far as priorities for school selection for the two of them go.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2015, 11:48:58 PM by HutchwasClutch »

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2015, 07:36:18 AM »
It's that critical to Mr. and Mrs. Hauser that they play all of two seasons together?  If that's true, seems a little odd as far as priorities for school selection for the two of them go.

They don't want to have to buy too many t-shirts.

Litehouse

• All American
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2015, 09:57:48 AM »
We've used the recruiting brothers strategy before, might as well try it again.

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2015, 10:05:56 AM »
We've used the recruiting brothers strategy before, might as well try it again.

Excellent point!

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2015, 11:55:00 AM »
I suspect Sam will be watching Bo on the tube tomorrow and cheering on the Badgers.

It was a joke Chicos.  Need to have a little fun when you have 2 seasons back to back as bad as ours have been.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Warriorfish

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2015, 10:01:31 PM »
Hauser is incredibly impressive.

Ellenson looks OK, but Sam might be a star.

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2015, 10:02:37 PM »

Not sold on Henry, huh?

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2015, 10:04:42 PM »

Today, on "Hot Takes From One Game...."

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2015, 10:06:41 PM »
Today, on "Hot Takes From One Game...."

I'd love to know what that one game is?  If it's this past Friday at state, he went for 26 and I think 12 boards with one good hand.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2015, 11:23:30 AM »
I'd love to know what that one game is?  If it's this past Friday at state, he went for 26 and I think 12 boards with one good hand.

I smell Badger on him
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2015, 11:57:26 AM »
I smell Badger on him

Sorry if I'm missing the boat here.....but are you talking about Hauser or the poster?

VegasWarrior77

• All American
« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2015, 01:13:18 PM »
Mark Miller ‏@WisBBYearbook  2h2 hours ago
Here's a truly incredible stat -- junior point guard Trev Anderson of Stevens Point ended the year making 75 straight free throws.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." Albert Einstein

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2015, 01:15:10 PM »
Gotta love it. That'll be somethin' different 'round here, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2015, 01:20:08 PM »
Gotta love it. That'll be somethin' different 'round here, hey?

75 straight? Did DJ, Junior or Derrick ever make 7 straight?

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2015, 06:39:40 PM »
Sorry if I'm missing the boat here.....but are you talking about Hauser or the poster?

The poster. Bo is on Hauser, but I think we get him. Wojo has made him a priority from the day he took the Marquette job
TAMU

Freeport Warrior

• All American
« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2015, 07:49:23 PM »
I think I said it last year, but Sam Hauser reminds me of a less athletic Sam Dekker (high school comparison). I've watched him a lot over the passed few summers and he is just an incredibly mature, high IQ player who makes shots. I think he is just a step slower than Dekker, but I've seen him against some pretty high level defenders and he has held his own — he certainly wasn't flawless and got picked a few times here and there, but he seems to be improving every time I see him.  Reminds me of watching Melo Trimble D up Riley LaChance two summers ago in Mequon, and you just expected LaChance's lack of true athleticism catch up to him, but it never did because he is so fundamentally sound and smart with the ball. Hauser isn't overly athletic, but he just plays smart and picks his spots so well. Next thing you know, he has 20 points. I still remember watching his "little" brother play against us in the youth state tournament -- Joe Hauser could put hold the ball so high, our guys couldn't even jump up to touch it. Joe Hauser has been playing up two years in AAU for the past couple seasons. Smartest thing his dad ever did was making sure he stayed out on the wing and didn't let them turn him into a center. He loves shooting 3s and is very good at it. Joe doesn't have a sidekick like Trev Anderson, however.  FWIW I've seen both brothers at MU games this year. I know Tony Bennett has been on both for some time as well. I would take Henry over Sam Hauser, but wouldn't be surprised if Sam blows up this summer and get interest from a blue blood -- no inside info, just a gut feeling.

BCHoopster

• All American
« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2015, 08:50:44 PM »
In a college game, there are many opportunities to shot the 3 ball, look at ND or even Villy, Sam will get his opportunites.    Sam has a sweet shot at 17 years old, and will not be in college until 2016-17.  I see a bright future for him where ever he goes.  Surprised Bo has not given him an offer yet.

injuryBug

• Team Captain
« Reply #28 on: March 23, 2015, 08:54:44 PM »
I saw Dekker play a lot in High school and have seen Hauser play few times now in HS.  Hauser is a much better shooter than Dekker.

Freeport Warrior

• All American
« Reply #29 on: March 24, 2015, 08:11:58 AM »
I saw Dekker play a lot in High school and have seen Hauser play few times now in HS.  Hauser is a much better shooter than Dekker.
I would concede that he is a better shooter, but not "much" better. That's why I said compared them in high school -- and I think I should have been more specific. Coming out of high school, Dekker was known as a pretty good shooter. His shooting slumps for the Badgers are highly critiqued and what most people remember right now IMO. Sam Hauser gets a ton of wide open looks now for SP because he has a brother and point guard who need to be guarded as well. He makes a ton of shots. If you watched Dekker with Sheboygan Lutheran, much like Henry in HS, he was constantly triple-teamed by munchkins every time he had the ball because there weren't any other threats on the team. In AAU ball, when Dekker had Tokoto and Koenig splitting defenders and driving to the hoop and kicking out, Dekker seemed to knock down shots at a similar clip from my memory. Conversely, Hauser doesn't look like the Kyle Korver he is for SP during the hs regular season when he plays for WI Academy in the summer. Hauser's WI Academy team is pretty much his brother, Anderson and Jack Popp from Homestead. Just one man's opinion. Would love to have Hauser on our team.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #30 on: March 24, 2015, 08:42:16 AM »
I would concede that he is a better shooter, but not "much" better. That's why I said compared them in high school -- and I think I should have been more specific. Coming out of high school, Dekker was known as a pretty good shooter. His shooting slumps for the Badgers are highly critiqued and what most people remember right now IMO. Sam Hauser gets a ton of wide open looks now for SP because he has a brother and point guard who need to be guarded as well. He makes a ton of shots. If you watched Dekker with Sheboygan Lutheran, much like Henry in HS, he was constantly triple-teamed by munchkins every time he had the ball because there weren't any other threats on the team. In AAU ball, when Dekker had Tokoto and Koenig splitting defenders and driving to the hoop and kicking out, Dekker seemed to knock down shots at a similar clip from my memory. Conversely, Hauser doesn't look like the Kyle Korver he is for SP during the hs regular season when he plays for WI Academy in the summer. Hauser's WI Academy team is pretty much his brother, Anderson and Jack Popp from Homestead. Just one man's opinion. Would love to have Hauser on our team.

Jack Popp?  First time I've heard that name.  Is he a high major prospect?
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

Freeport Warrior

• All American
« Reply #31 on: March 24, 2015, 09:14:44 AM »
Jack Popp?  First time I've heard that name.  Is he a high major prospect?
I believe he is a D1 football prospect, plays wide receiver for Homestead. He is a kid who would win MVP of a lot of AAU basketball tourneys from middle school through probably freshman year. He was always bigger and stronger at that age. He is definition of an athlete, probably 6' 3". Great defender, super quick.  He was always a Playground Elite kid, then he switched to WI Academy maybe last year. Not as offensive-minded as Anderson, but a real solid player. Feels wrong to call him a role player, but he is the perfect fit on his AAU team. It's possible he's a D1 bball player -- I could see a place like Drake. Funny, I just looked him up on the wissports rankings and he's rated #20 for basketball and #20 for football. I'm told he can absolutely fly on the football field.

VegasWarrior77

• All American
« Reply #32 on: March 24, 2015, 09:58:36 PM »
Mark Miller ‏@WisBBYearbook  8s9 seconds ago
Toledo offered a scholarship today to Stevens Point junior Trev Anderson.

VegasWarrior77

• All American
« Reply #33 on: March 30, 2015, 08:36:54 PM »
Wisconsin Academy ‏@WiscoAcademy  36m36 minutes ago
SPASH's Sam Hauser (@Big_Smooth10) now has offers from Bradley, Creighton, Drake, Marquette, UNI, Richmond, Toledo & UW-Green Bay! #WAB

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #34 on: March 30, 2015, 08:44:00 PM »
Wisconsin Academy ‏@WiscoAcademy  36m36 minutes ago
SPASH's Sam Hauser (@Big_Smooth10) now has offers from Bradley, Creighton, Drake, Marquette, UNI, Richmond, Toledo & UW-Green Bay! #WAB

What is taking so long for the high majors to get involved, it's us and Creighton right now, maybe you could throw Richmond in there too.  

Oh well, improves our chances at landing him, given that we'll have been on Hauser longer than any of the high majors that may try to get in still.

The kid can do it all, really hope he lands at MU.  Would be another excellent building block for the program.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #35 on: March 30, 2015, 08:46:42 PM »
What is taking so long for the high majors to get involved, it's us and Creighton right now, maybe you could throw Richmond in there too. 

Oh well, improves our chances at landing him, given that we'll have been on Hauser longer than any of the high majors that may try to get in still.

The kid can do it all, really hope he lands at MU. 

I think a lot of programs are going to keep their eyes on him this summer.  A skinny kid, not terribly athletic.  I can see why they aren't jumping on board right now. 

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #36 on: March 30, 2015, 08:51:17 PM »

I think a lot of programs are going to keep their eyes on him this summer.  A skinny kid, not terribly athletic.  I can see why they aren't jumping on board right now.  

I agree, pure running, jumping, etc, he doesn't jump out at you.  But the kid is so skilled and smooth.  And he looks plenty athletic to me to play at any big-time school.  He had a few block shots in the state title game this year that aren't made without strong athletic abiility.  Those blocks were way more than as an example him standing there with a 6'2 kid trying to shoot over him.  

Skinny didn't come to mind when I saw him.  Sure he needs some muscle, most kids do coming out of high school.  That should be no issue.  

Glad we got in early with him, can't do anything but increase our chances over a school that's late to the party on him.  Recruiting is so much building relationships.  

VegasWarrior77

• All American
« Reply #37 on: March 30, 2015, 08:53:00 PM »

The kid can do it all, really hope he lands at MU.  Would be another excellent building block for the program.

I think MU could do another "brother act" scenario and land both Sam and Joey....

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #38 on: March 30, 2015, 08:53:14 PM »

I think a lot of programs are going to keep their eyes on him this summer.  A skinny kid, not terribly athletic.  I can see why they aren't jumping on board right now. 
This young guy simply can play and has the size and skills to be a difference maker.  Have seen him in person and on TV in the state tournament.  Certainly not an AA,but he is the real deal.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #39 on: March 30, 2015, 08:55:24 PM »
I agree, pure running, jumping, etc, he doesn't jump out at you.  But the kid is so skilled and smooth.  And he looks plenty athletic to me to play at any big-time school.  He had a few block shots in the state title game this year that aren't made without strong athletic abiility.  Those blocks were way more than as an example him standing there with a 6'2 kid trying to shoot over him. 

Skinny didn't come to mind when I saw him.  Sure he needs some muscle, most kids do coming out of high school.  That should be no issue. 

Glad we got in early with him, can't do anything but increase our chances over a school that's late to the party on him.  Recruiting is so much building relationships. 

This young guy simply can play and has the size and skills to be a difference maker.  Have seen him in person and on TV in the state tournament.  Certainly not an AA,but he is the real deal.

I agree with both of you.  I am just responding as to why more bigger programs aren't after him at this point. 

That being said, I don't think he is a make or break prospect for MU.

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #40 on: March 30, 2015, 09:00:20 PM »
I think MU could do another "brother act" scenario and land both Sam and Joey....

Absolutely, Joey showed himself to have stud like potential - he played a huge role in the third quarter against Gtown where Point essentially put that game away.  And we're talking about a high school freshman doing that.  He looks the part to, be interesting to see how he develops in the next three years, but highly intriguing prospect no doubt.

Stretchdeltsig

• All American
« Reply #41 on: March 30, 2015, 09:12:52 PM »
Think both brothers will be great Warriors.  Would love to see them grow a few inches.  They play like winners.

Blackhat

• All American
« Reply #42 on: April 01, 2015, 01:47:38 PM »
I feel a trade is in the air.

Head coach Scott Andersen, Sam Hauser to Marquette

Brett Nelson to SPASH.

Win-win.  Get it done.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #43 on: April 01, 2015, 02:47:30 PM »
I feel a trade is in the air.

Head coach Scott Andersen, Sam Hauser to Marquette

Brett Nelson to SPASH.

Win-win.  Get it done.

I'm not sure I get it...

Dawson Rental

• All American
« Reply #44 on: April 01, 2015, 03:26:56 PM »
I'm not sure I get it...

April Fool's Day joke, maybe...

No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

Freeport Warrior

• All American
« Reply #45 on: April 01, 2015, 03:38:57 PM »
Hauser brothers, Trev Anderson in MKE this weekend. They play first game on Friday at Homestead High School 7:30 pm, Court 3. It looks like Joe Hauser (freshman) is only playing up one year to 16U (don't know if this is permanent or not), so won't be playing with Sam on 17U. They play Iowa Barnstormers, typically the best team in Iowa. They have Brad Lohaus' kid on their team. He is a 2star with an offer from Western IL.

If you're looking to watch some competitive basketball, this is a great event. $10. Personally, I want to watch Mac Irvin Fire vs. WI Playground Warriors 15U. Can't find their updated roster, but Kezo Brown from Chicago Simeon was on Mac Irvin last year. Cliff Alexander, Jabari, Okafor are alums for Mac Irvin. The 15Us  Playground Warriors have "vanilla ice" Jordan McCabe, Tyler Herro (my pick for top guard in class) and Jack Plumb (top center in class from Bayport).

DienerTime34

• All American
« Reply #46 on: April 01, 2015, 03:47:13 PM »
Hauser brothers, Trev Anderson in MKE this weekend. They play first game on Friday at Homestead High School 7:30 pm, Court 3. It looks like Joe Hauser (freshman) is only playing up one year to 16U (don't know if this is permanent or not), so won't be playing with Sam on 17U. They play Iowa Barnstormers, typically the best team in Iowa. They have Brad Lohaus' kid on their team. He is a 2star with an offer from Western IL.

If you're looking to watch some competitive basketball, this is a great event. $10. Personally, I want to watch Mac Irvin Fire vs. WI Playground Warriors 15U. Can't find their updated roster, but Kezo Brown from Chicago Simeon was on Mac Irvin last year. Cliff Alexander, Jabari, Okafor are alums for Mac Irvin. The 15Us  Playground Warriors have "vanilla ice" Jordan McCabe, Tyler Herro (my pick for top guard in class) and Jack Plumb (top center in class from Bayport).

Is "Vanilla Ice" considered a legit D1 prospect, or will he be taking the Globetrotters up on their offer once he finishes school?

swoopem

• All American
« Reply #47 on: April 01, 2015, 04:06:56 PM »

Am I reading this correctly that in your opinion the best guard and center in that age group are both from Wisconsin? Damn, that's impressive. Hopefully Wojo is aware of this.
Bring back FFP!!!

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #48 on: April 01, 2015, 04:10:34 PM »
Am I reading this correctly that in your opinion the best guard and center in that age group are both from Wisconsin? Damn, that's impressive. Hopefully Wojo is aware of this.

Guessing he meant top at their positions in the state.

Though I'd be curious for FW's thoughts on Nobal Days, if you've seen him.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Freeport Warrior

• All American
« Reply #49 on: April 01, 2015, 04:18:34 PM »
Is "Vanilla Ice" considered a legit D1 prospect, or will he be taking the Globetrotters up on their offer once he finishes school?
In my opinion, he is not a D1 guy. He is a good high school player with special talents. But he has the hype machine and Ritchie Davis behind him, and it only takes one. I just don't know who he could guard at the next level. Doesn't like defense and it shows imo. He is a good shooter, but not great. He turned 16 on the first day of freshman year, so he is in some cases close to two years older than other kids in 15U. (Under AAU rules, just six weeks before he turns 17, it is 'legal" for him to be playing in 15U basketball - makes no sense.) He looks to be a shade under 6', his dad is very short, so it looks like he is done growing too.  All of that aside, he is very, very fun to watch. He has an absolutely "sick" handle -- some of the best ball handling you will ever see. He is also an amazing passer, although he will always opt for the no-look dazzler when a simple bounce pass will do. I would take his running mate, Tyler Herro from Whitnall all day over him if I'm starting a team. Much quicker. Plays defense and like it. Super competitive. Looks to be 6' 2", lean and still growing. Doesn't have the handle of McCabe, but pretty solid. I think he is a D1 player. Just one man's opinion.

BCHoopster

• All American
« Reply #50 on: April 01, 2015, 04:22:45 PM »
Is there anybody else in state besides Hauser who is potentially high D1 major player?  Besides Anderson, not impressed for MU or Wisky

Freeport Warrior

• All American
« Reply #51 on: April 01, 2015, 04:28:47 PM »
Guessing he meant top at their positions in the state.

Though I'd be curious for FW's thoughts on Nobal Days, if you've seen him.
Love him. He was the first kid I actually watched play AAU ball. Sat next to his dad when I first watched him play in 3rd grade for Playground Elite. His best attribute at this point in his development is that he "gets it." He is defense minded and knows where to be on the court at all times. He is the definition of "rim protector." I remember a game we lost to him and he only had 4 points and took 5 or 6 shots. He did all of his work on the defensive end and probably blocked 10+ shots. I saw he actually dunked in a game this year. His offensive game is a work in progress, but he plays hard and gets boards. He could be the next Diamond-type player in WI for sure. He has a much higher motor than his brother (who I always felt should be so much better than he is). Both seem like very good kids off the court.

Freeport Warrior

• All American
« Reply #52 on: April 01, 2015, 04:34:46 PM »
Is there anybody else in state besides Hauser who is potentially high D1 major player?  Besides Anderson, not impressed for MU or Wisky
The two that pop to mind for me are Juwan McCloud from Germantown (I think he has an offer from Northern Iowa) and Bryce Nze from Arrowhead. I thought Nze would be the top guy based on seeing him that last two years. I think he was injured during the last year, but not sure. Never could understand how Arrowhead wasn't so much better based on paper. I didn't see them play this year, but they added a good point guard, so I thought they would be a real contender. Never happened. Nze plays for Playground Elite's EYBL team.

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #53 on: April 01, 2015, 04:46:56 PM »
Part of me wants Kaj Days for 2016 just in hopes I'd help with his brother. Might be a good preferred walk on option. Read about their father and family, seems like a very savvy pair of kids.

Freeport Warrior

• All American
« Reply #54 on: April 01, 2015, 04:51:59 PM »
Yes, in the state. The center, Jack Plumb, has been 6' 6"+ for some time (close to 2 or 3 years), so he isn't your typical lanky, uncoordinated 6' 7" guy. He can actually shoot 3s and put the ball on the deck. He used to dominate in the early years simply based on height. It is always interesting to see how kids develop once the other kids catch up. There are plenty of jerks and attitudes with players/families in the AAU scene -- Jack Plumb reminds me of Matt Heldt in the sense that they are just happy, fun-loving kids who like to play hoops. Both seem to always have a smile on their faces. Plumbs' parents are the nicest, most grounded people you could ever meet.  I recall seeing an Instagram (my kid's feed) with Plumb, Herro and McCabe who were guests of Bo at the UW game earlier this year. I'm sure Wojo is aware.

Freeport Warrior

• All American
« Reply #55 on: April 01, 2015, 05:10:10 PM »
Part of me wants Kaj Days for 2016 just in hopes I'd help with his brother. Might be a good preferred walk on option. Read about their father and family, seems like a very savvy pair of kids.
I watched him last weekend at a tourney. I don't know how Kaj projects to the next level. My comparison would be a very poor man's Juan Anderson (he looks to be 6' 6"?). Kaj has been a "big man" his whole life and doesn't look to have the skills to be a wing.  This is in direct comparison to a kid like Joey Hauser, who has been a giant his whole life as well. The Hauser dad didn't let anyone turn his son into a center even though he was always a foot taller than everyone else. Now, Joey Hauser is a 6' 7" wing with skills.

I don't know what was going on last weekend, but I watched two Playground 17U teams play. Their EYBL top team and their other 17U team. Kaj played on the "other" team when I watched. The EYBL team had Jordan Poole, Flory, Deang Deang, Terrance Lewis (I'm pretty sure it was him) and a freshman from Marquette High, Liam Schroeder. Seeing Schroeder play with them (and not Kaj) was surprising. Schroeder is a 6' 7" center who played Marq HS JV most of the year (and didn't get a ton of time the two times I saw him). He must be on their radar as one of the faces on the program moving forward.

Fred Garvin

• All American
« Reply #56 on: April 01, 2015, 05:23:56 PM »
Jordan has been on Campus,met with coach Nelson,and Wojo.Has also been to Michigan St and met with Izzo already

BossplayaOtto

• All American
« Reply #57 on: April 02, 2015, 10:25:22 AM »

McCabe put up 26 in a victory over Rice Lake. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bW1qW6MYCiQ&sns=fb

http://ballislife.com/9th-grader-jordan-mccabe/

His family moved to Wisconsin from Washington and per family friends Gonzaga is apparently his dream school ever since he met John Stockton at an early age. Kid has mad handles.

Aircraftcarrier

• Team Captain
« Reply #58 on: April 02, 2015, 10:52:50 AM »

Someone said that Jordan McCabe is not a D1 player.Are you kidding me?Wow.

Fred Garvin

• All American
« Reply #59 on: April 02, 2015, 02:06:06 PM »
The McCabes are from Kaukauna,they moved to Washington for work and are now back home in Wisconsin.No has had him down to a couple games also

Fred Garvin

• All American
« Reply #60 on: April 02, 2015, 02:10:18 PM »
Sorry I meant Bo

Dawson Rental

• All American
« Reply #61 on: April 02, 2015, 06:19:48 PM »
Up to the right of your own posts is a modify button, so you can correct an erroneous post.

Freeport Warrior

• All American
« Reply #62 on: April 02, 2015, 07:22:02 PM »
That was me. I'm not kidding, but it is just my opinion. As I stated, he is fun to watch. I just don't know who he could guard at the D1 level. I don't see the lateral quickness to defend a D1 guard, let alone a big D1 guard. In AAU, kids go right at him because they know he doesn't want to pick up a foul. I've seen the highlight reels and they are impressive, but I've also seen between the highlights -- 15+ full games, most in AAU. He has always been way older and destroyed kids with his handle. What happens when their bodies all catch up? He looks to be done growing. He will kill it in high school ball for sure, but D1, I'm not sold. I realize he has a lot of hype and a ton of highlights. And as I said earlier, it only takes one offer. I'm just giving you my opinion based on watching him a bit. Who knows, I'll see him this weekend and maybe my opinion will change.

Dawson Rental

• All American
« Reply #63 on: April 02, 2015, 08:22:07 PM »

Interesting how you call someone out without providing one scintilla of support for why what they said is questionable.  McCabe is a division I guy because you've seen hype about him?  Are you kidding me?  Wow.

Aircraftcarrier

• Team Captain
« Reply #64 on: April 03, 2015, 06:26:49 AM »
I have seen McCabe him play .Big Time player. No need to argue. Time will tell. Do you have any idea who is recruiting him? You might want to check?

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #65 on: April 03, 2015, 06:40:08 AM »
I have seen McCabe him play .Big Time player. No need to argue. Time will tell. Do you have any idea who is recruiting him? You might want to check?

FW gave his reasons why he feels otherwise. You simply saying "I watched him, he's big time, no argument" kind of kills your argument.

I'll admit I haven't watched McCabe. But if you want to make a counter argument, you may want to address who he can guard and why you feel his abilities will work once the age gap decreases and he isn't the most physically advanced kid on the court.

Highlights can always be deceiving. Juan Anderson is a great example. We never saw the Juan Anderson that dominated in Oakland because that stuff just doesn't work at this level. I sense that's what FW is trying to say about McCabe.

Aircraftcarrier

• Team Captain
« Reply #66 on: April 03, 2015, 07:22:53 AM »
I saw him play on his High School team against players that are 2  or 3 years older than him.He dominated some of those games.He may be a year older than his grade like Travis was,but stiil anybody that questions his ability in my opinion is wrong.As far as defense,there is not much in AAU.In High school the star players try to stay out of foul trouble because they can ill afford to be on the bench.Almost all High School players need to improve there defense when they get to college.BrewCity I am sure you know who is recruiting him.

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #67 on: April 03, 2015, 08:12:16 AM »
BrewCity I am sure you know who is recruiting him.

I do know who is recruiting him. He has an impressive list of suitors at the moment. That said, young guys with great highlight reels often have big interest early. Being recruited when you are 3 years from a decision is quite a bit different than having an offer during the first semester of your senior year.

I'm not trying to discount either side, but I know Freeport watches a ton of high school ball and I value his opinion on the matter. No one is denying McCabe has a great handle and excellent passing ability. He definitely has a street ball style that you rarely see upstate. But because you rarely see it, that sometimes makes it more effective at that level.

Every year we see some third, fifth, or eighth grader that is the next great PG. Ridiculous dribbling skills for their age, make crazy no-look passes, and after a few videos, they are never heard from again. If McCabe can play defense and if he can keep making those passes work at the D1 level, he could be something special. But if he's not a willing defender, there are dozens of kids like him that put flash over fundamentals and were exposed once they took it up a level.

Right now Mark Miller has McCabe 2nd in the 2018 class behind Joey Hauser. We'll see how he develops.

Freeport Warrior

• All American
« Reply #68 on: April 03, 2015, 11:19:40 AM »
I saw him play on his High School team against players that are 2  or 3 years older than him.He dominated some of those games.He may be a year older than his grade like Travis was,but stiil anybody that questions his ability in my opinion is wrong.As far as defense,there is not much in AAU.In High school the star players try to stay out of foul trouble because they can ill afford to be on the bench.Almost all High School players need to improve there defense when they get to college.BrewCity I am sure you know who is recruiting him.
Agree to disagree. And I understand I am in the minority here. But leave the hype at the door and I look at a guy McCabe's size like Drake's Reed Timmer (New Berlin Ike), and I think there is little comparison from an all-around game perspective. Defensively, it is not even in the ball park. Timmer was always one of the MKE's top scorers, but his defense was fantastic. He had a decent number of low D1 offers. I watched a McCabe hs game on cable this season. He played well offensively, but he could never guard a guy like say, Brandon Key from West Allis Central. Key would put up 40 on him. That is the kind of speed that is commonplace in D1 ball - and I don't even know if Key has a D1 offer. Is it possible he gets a low D1 offer? Possibly. High D1, I absolutely cannot see it at all. Am I wrong? Maybe. Probably. Just my opinion.

Black Swan

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #69 on: April 03, 2015, 01:57:50 PM »
A couple of things on McCabe. His dad is from Kaukauna, graduated in either 97 or 98. He was a good player, probably a WIAC type but when Jordan was born his dad Matt decided to get a job. Good person. As far as his future, I think it is too early to say what level he will eventually play. I would be surprised if he isn't D1 as he is extremely skilled. However, he is not very big and I don't see great quickness yet. I agree with Freeport as far as his defense but I think his skills are so strong he will play D1, just a matter of how high.

Freeport Warrior

• All American
« Reply #70 on: April 04, 2015, 08:07:16 PM »
I think his skills are so strong he will play D1, just a matter of how high.
Probably true, but I don't know how much is due to the hype machine. I would say "success" at either level is highly debatable.  I watched 2/3 of his game this morning. Right before I stepped in the gym, Mark Miller tweeted something like "McCabe showing elite skills against Mac Irvin Fire." Don't know what that meant -- maybe he hit everything before I got in the gym. It seems like Miller is always glowing in his praise. I was watching two games at once, but I saw Mcabe hit 6 free throws in the second half and miss most of his jumpers. He DOMINATES the ball, and not in a good way. He picked up 3 reaching fouls and had to go to the bench. (No one can change my mind on this: his D is brutal.) When he went out, the other players -- Herro (Whitnall), Justice (Mad East), and Jack Plumb (the big kid from Bayport) started getting more involved and pulled away. He does have an amazing handle, although he was stripped twice while I was watching and had a double dribble. He also took a layup with seconds winding down rather than just pulling back and dribbling. Their team ended up winning by double digits, but Mac Irvin's Kezo Brown (one of the highest rated kids in the entire class) from Simeon did not play (he was on the bench). I'll stand by my evaluations and say I would absolutely take Herro over McCabe, and think Herro will have more college success than McCabe as well. Again, just my opinion.

If you're going up to NY2LA, catch Christian Negron from Mac Irvin 16U -- dude is a highlight film. Another guy, Jeremiah Tilmon from 17U St. Louis Eagles is a freaking beat.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #71 on: May 10, 2015, 04:27:33 PM »
The two that pop to mind for me are Juwan McCloud from Germantown (I think he has an offer from Northern Iowa)

Just committed to Northern Iowa. Think he could have been a decent backup plan to Cassius Winston.
TAMU

TedBaxter

• All American
« Reply #72 on: May 10, 2015, 07:20:20 PM »
The guard positions could be solidified depending on how the Andrew Rowsey visit goes this week.
If You Aren't All In For Marquette Basketball, Move On

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #73 on: May 10, 2015, 08:11:27 PM »
Agree to disagree. And I understand I am in the minority here. But leave the hype at the door and I look at a guy McCabe's size like Drake's Reed Timmer (New Berlin Ike), and I think there is little comparison from an all-around game perspective. Defensively, it is not even in the ball park. Timmer was always one of the MKE's top scorers, but his defense was fantastic. He had a decent number of low D1 offers. I watched a McCabe hs game on cable this season. He played well offensively, but he could never guard a guy like say, Brandon Key from West Allis Central. Key would put up 40 on him. That is the kind of speed that is commonplace in D1 ball - and I don't even know if Key has a D1 offer. Is it possible he gets a low D1 offer? Possibly. High D1, I absolutely cannot see it at all. Am I wrong? Maybe. Probably. Just my opinion.

Didn't Key commit?

UWM?

Nevermind.

Confused the kid with Damon Key's son, Jaylen Key, who committed to NIU.

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/preps/highly-touted-jaylen-key-levi-bradley-follow-in-fathers-basketball-footsteps-b99454614z1-294775361.html
« Last Edit: May 10, 2015, 08:14:55 PM by 77ncaachamps »
SS Marquette

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #74 on: May 10, 2015, 09:25:57 PM »
Not a huge Juwan McCloud fan.  Think the MVC is about right for him but Marquette needs to aim higher.

Freeport Warrior

• All American
« Reply #75 on: May 11, 2015, 10:02:45 AM »

Didn't Key commit?

UWM?

Nevermind.

Confused the kid with Damon Key's son, Jaylen Key, who committed to NIU.

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/preps/highly-touted-jaylen-key-levi-bradley-follow-in-fathers-basketball-footsteps-b99454614z1-294775361.html

Brandon Key is one of the quickest guards in the state and he is leading the Milwaukee Spartans this summer as an unsigned senior (they won NY2LA MN 17U). Their backcourt of Key and Tejon Lucas (MKE Washington) is impressive to watch. Lucas and Juwan McCloud used to play side-by-side in the middle school years and younger. In regards to McCloud, I've known him since he was little and I think he is a great kid, but I don't think he is an MU player. He has loved UNI for some time because they were on him real early. Excited to see the family get college paid for and will be rooting for him. Great family.

feedback