[Today at 11:26:20 AM]

NC State by MUMountin
[Today at 11:25:44 AM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by Uncle Rico
[Today at 11:15:58 AM]

Kam Jones 1st Round Mock - The Ringer by PGsHeroes32
[Today at 10:50:38 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Tanned Tommy on the ropes?  (Read 91973 times)

MUsoxfan

• Team Captain
Re: Tanned Tommy on the ropes?
« Reply #250 on: March 27, 2015, 11:13:12 PM »
The IU administration knows who they are at the present time, the faithfully unhinged think they are something they are not.  This is an athletic department that was deeply in debt, had all kinds of issues and has been trying to climb out...which it now has.  The football program still sucks, and in today's world that is a problematic.

Let's not replace blue blood with elite, those are two different things.    You're actually wrong with your data...he did get a tourney appearance in his 7th year.  I also can't remember a blue blood that had to do a total rebuild like they did in the last 30 years.

You're right, it totally slipped my mind that they made it this year. I just kept thinking about the last 3 weeks of their season

A blue blood should be able to recruit without effort. The sell should never be as hard.

Much lesser programs have had much more success with much less. Blue bloods shouldn't rebuild, they should restock

At this point, recruits were 12 years from being born when IU last raised a banner. Every year that goes by, the more IU becomes a very average program. Less of a blue blood and even less of an elite

MilWarrior

• Team Captain
« Reply #251 on: March 27, 2015, 11:18:57 PM »
Damn - if I was an important enough person to speak with Fred Glass personally, I'd make sure the first people that knew about it were all of my closest Internet friends.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #252 on: March 27, 2015, 11:25:52 PM »
You're right, it totally slipped my mind that they made it this year. I just kept thinking about the last 3 weeks of their season

A blue blood should be able to recruit without effort. The sell should never be as hard.

Much lesser programs have had much more success with much less. Blue bloods shouldn't rebuild, they should restock

At this point, recruits were 12 years from being born when IU last raised a banner. Every year that goes by, the more IU becomes a very average program. Less of a blue blood and even less of an elite

They aren't elite, haven't been elite in 20 years. 

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #253 on: March 27, 2015, 11:27:59 PM »
I give a sh*t....I'd say the same thing if people here said Buzz beats his wife, or John Calipari molests little boys.  You can do it all you want, but don't be surprised if someone says that isn't true.

No doubt many people think he is a disappointment.  I would put myself in that category, but I also am not surprised one iota about him not being fired from everything I have heard from people there, people in high positions in the sports world, and from various AD's I've spoken to...including Glass.  Not surprised one bit.  Doesn't mean he doesn't leave on his own or things could change, but it certainly doesn't look like it right now.  Much bigger things that were going on and bigger picture items that too many people just don't know about it.

I haven't said a thing about Crean.  And your sense of self-importance just might be a little inflated if you feel such an immense need to defend a coach on a message board at every turn.  Get a grip.  

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #254 on: March 27, 2015, 11:30:24 PM »
Damn - if I was an important enough person to speak with Fred Glass personally, I'd make sure the first people that knew about it were all of my closest Internet friends.

Many people have spoken to Fred and others at IU.  If you were lucky enough to work there and have some connections, it helps.  Many IU people are lifers that still work there and good friends.

I'm just trying to shed some light on things.  I guess you could listen to the fans here that year after year say he is about to be fired and isn't is certainly an option.  I said years ago here that this was a long term play by Glass and IU....and well, who is still employed as the head coach.  Just sayin..

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #255 on: March 27, 2015, 11:32:12 PM »
Oh man.

CTC is up to something!

Jeff Rabjohns @JeffRabjohns
Indiana basketball coach Tom Crean attends Notre Dame football coaches clinic. #iubb
SS Marquette

MUsoxfan

• Team Captain
« Reply #256 on: March 27, 2015, 11:36:59 PM »
Must be there to give his kid an award

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #257 on: March 27, 2015, 11:40:20 PM »
I haven't said a thing about Crean.  

Uhm, your last 4 or 5 posts....

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #258 on: March 28, 2015, 03:18:47 AM »

So many jokes to be said about the raising the banner comment but I'm too drunk to think of them come on people help me out!

Something about Crean raising banners? Anybody?
Maigh Eo for Sam

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
« Reply #259 on: March 28, 2015, 10:11:58 AM »
Because I'm trying to be objective and truthful, and not a bitter, hateful, ex-girlfriend.  Pretty simple, really.  I've had douches as bosses and I would say that if someone asked.  If they also asked if he\she was a drug user, had no friends, cheated on their spouses, were ineffective, or whatever and it wasn't true....I'd correct them.   It's the right thing to do.

Ex-girlfriend? You are aware I couldn't stand him when he was here, are you not? In fact, none of the vitriol the Indiana fans have for him is surprising to me in the least because I was saying the very same things when he was in Milwaukee. It just took those rubes a little longer to catch on.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #260 on: March 28, 2015, 10:23:08 AM »
Ex-girlfriend? You are aware I couldn't stand him when he was here, are you not? In fact, none of the vitriol the Indiana fans have for him is surprising to me in the least because I was saying the very same things when he was in Milwaukee. It just took those rubes a little longer to catch on.

I answered this statement:   "I don't understand why a person like yourself would claim a person is a jerk in one post and then turn around and provide a list of his so-called "friends."

Pretty simple.  Yes, you didn't like him from the start....guess what, I got to spend the first 6 months of his MU career with him tied at the hip...plenty for me not to like either and I stated it.  My point is that despite that, if I feel false statement was made I'm going to correct it.  He's a douche for many legitimate reasons, no need to make up others that are untrue.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #261 on: March 28, 2015, 03:02:28 PM »
I'm sure IU faithful are thrilled with the 4 Tourney wins in 7 years.

But wait, I'm "spinning data" (not sure how, but hey, it's what Chicos said).

So let me rephrase:

I'm sure the IU faithful are thrilled with 0 wins in the last 2 years for IU, Crean's 6th and 7th season.  That would've given him 2 seasons to completely blow up the program and rebuild it how he saw fit, and then get 4 years worth of every single one of his own players into the program.  The result is 0 Tourney wins in those 2 years.  Outstanding.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #262 on: March 28, 2015, 08:00:19 PM »
Crean sucks
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #263 on: March 28, 2015, 08:46:47 PM »
I'm sure IU faithful are thrilled with the 4 Tourney wins in 7 years.

But wait, I'm "spinning data" (not sure how, but hey, it's what Chicos said).

So let me rephrase:

I'm sure the IU faithful are thrilled with 0 wins in the last 2 years for IU, Crean's 6th and 7th season.  That would've given him 2 seasons to completely blow up the program and rebuild it how he saw fit, and then get 4 years worth of every single one of his own players into the program.  The result is 0 Tourney wins in those 2 years.  Outstanding.

The IU faithful aren't happy with anything...ever.   

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #264 on: March 29, 2015, 12:54:50 AM »
Uhm, your last 4 or 5 posts....

"I give a sh*t....I'd say the same thing if people here said Buzz beats his wife, or John Calipari molests little boys.  You can do it all you want, but don't be surprised if someone says that isn't true."

The above quote was your comment in regards to people talking about Crean.  My response that "I haven't said a thing about Crean" was specifically directed at the context you created above.  Now you may not have been including me in the "you can do it all you want" comment but it sure seemed like it.  Let's not twist my comments to suit your perspective.   

Crean accomplished some really great things here (with the help of Wade).  The manner in which he left was bush league.  Overall, he's been an utter disappointment at IU, all things considered.  And your compulsive need to jump into any thread ripping him (regardless of the instances where you've ripped him yourself) is bizarre.  It just is. 

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #265 on: March 29, 2015, 06:45:43 AM »
The IU faithful aren't happy with anything...ever.   

They were filled with glee when ranked #1 and moments before tipoff of the first game of the year, Glass announced a contract extension for Crean & lied/misled/goofed? About the buyout.
Happy times those were!
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #266 on: April 04, 2015, 12:40:28 PM »
He probably won't but he should.  He's done.  He will never be able to recruit as every other coach will convincingly tell kids he has one-foot out the door.

Welcome to 5th to 8th place in the B1G year-in and year-out IU nation!

They just landed Thomas Bryant this morning over Kentucky, Missouri and Syracuse.   You are on a roll

http://247sports.com/Player/Thomas-Bryant-23596

Earl Tatum

• All American
« Reply #267 on: April 04, 2015, 01:01:33 PM »
I thought he was to. Thomas Bryant would have looked great in MU Blue and Gold.Hopefully Wojo will get MU's respectability
back for the Big-Time recruits. Like maybe Michigan State and Arizona etc. We started with Henry. Stretching it a bit, how about Diallo, Rabb or Jaylen Brown? One-and-doners, who cares. I know we have to start from scratch. Good class for 2015.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #268 on: April 04, 2015, 01:11:50 PM »
I thought he was to. Thomas Bryant would have looked great in MU Blue and Gold.Hopefully Wojo will get MU's respectability
back for the Big-Time recruits. Like maybe Michigan State and Arizona etc. We started with Henry. Stretching it a bit, how about Diallo, Rabb or Jaylen Brown? One-and-doners, who cares. I know we have to start from scratch. Good class for 2015.

Do you expect Wojo to get every big name recruit? You bring this up everytime a big name recruit commits somewhere else.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #269 on: April 04, 2015, 01:18:43 PM »

It is beyond ludicrious to think we could get in on Diallo, Rabb, or Brown at this point. Maybe if Wojo had been hired yesterday (like Mullin) but those guys are pretty well dialed in to where they're going.
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #270 on: April 04, 2015, 01:26:34 PM »

Stretching it "a bit?"  Earl you crack me up.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #271 on: April 04, 2015, 01:31:10 PM »

They just landed Thomas Bryant this morning over Kentucky, Missouri and Syracuse.   You are on a roll

http://247sports.com/Player/Thomas-Bryant-23596

Good/helpful pick-up for I4.

I don't mean this in the wrong way, but I've also had reservations about Thomas Bryant, dating back to his first USA bball camp. Has the size and some of the skill to be very good, but throughout the years he's also been old-manish and mechanical in his movements. Not a big usage guy either... size is great, but I just wouldn't put him up there with say the top 20 kids in 2015. Really helpful addition for I4, but not a huge fan of Bryant.
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #272 on: April 04, 2015, 02:20:57 PM »
It is beyond ludicrious to think we could get in on Diallo, Rabb, or Brown at this point. Maybe if Wojo had been hired yesterday (like Mullin) but those guys are pretty well dialed in to where they're going.

Probably to the school who has the same shoe sponsor as their AAU team, ai na?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Earl Tatum

• All American
« Reply #273 on: April 04, 2015, 03:22:38 PM »
under armour

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #274 on: April 04, 2015, 03:55:41 PM »
On espn right now. Looks constipated.

feedback