[Today at 07:53:14 AM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by PJDunn
[Today at 07:36:37 AM]

D-I Logo Quiz by IL Warrior
[April 24, 2024, 09:57:20 PM]

Best case scenarios by We R Final Four
[April 24, 2024, 08:12:40 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: NCAA Tournament 2015  (Read 60021 times)

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
Re: NCAA Tournament 2015
« Reply #200 on: March 22, 2015, 09:46:20 AM »
UCLA shouldn't even be in the tournament and because SMU pulled a Davidson to epic proportions, they advance....it's that quirky that crazy things happen.  Now all of a sudden people say the Pac 12 was underrated....why....because SMU crap their pants in the last minute?

Iowa State was playing some of the best basketball in the country in the last three weeks...they had a struggle for 2 hours and lost by 1....now all of a sudden they are overrated?

I get all the arguments and perceptions are reality in many cases, but it also proves the absurdity of it all.  Half this country can't identify New York state on a map, why should we be surprised they can't figure out that the course of what happens over 30 seconds of a game doesn't determine the world order in college hoops either.

I agree -- it isn't good this year for the BE, but the media cycle is like 1 day in the tourney.  Maybe some ESPN chatter will linger, but thats because that is what ESPN does.  

Call it what it is -- Villanova was the one legit team the Big East had in the tourney and they lost too early.  The rest of the teams are in the middle -- which means its close to 50/50 that they will win.  I was not impressed with Butler this year when MU played them -- but hey they looked great against ND....kinda tells me there is about 4-5 teams that are really good and everyone else is a coin-flip.  

The long-term implications are a minor negative -- especially since recruiting and pro entry change the entire landscape of college bball every year.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #201 on: March 22, 2015, 12:05:12 PM »
Something that has been impressive watching many of these games in the dance has been the PG play. Many of these teams have very good PG's, guys that can handle, shoot the 3, penetrate, and score when needed. Very eye opening looking at these guys as compared to our PG play the last couple years. No doubt that to play at this time of year, a team needs a pretty good PG, something we need to grab immediately to progress.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #202 on: March 22, 2015, 12:17:41 PM »
Something that has been impressive watching many of these games in the dance has been the PG play. Many of these teams have very good PG's, guys that can handle, shoot the 3, penetrate, and score when needed. Very eye opening looking at these guys as compared to our PG play the last couple years. No doubt that to play at this time of year, a team needs a pretty good PG, something we need to grab immediately to progress.

Such a pivotal position. 

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #203 on: March 22, 2015, 12:22:15 PM »

Yep.  Or hope that young Traci is mature beyond his years.  I can even live with it if his shooting as a Frosh is 'just okay'.  Just has to be enough that he needs to be guarded.  From what I've read his on ball D is pretty solid.  That's a pre-req too.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #204 on: March 22, 2015, 12:43:25 PM »
This Virginia/Michigan State game is a great endorsement for a 30-second shot clock. Absolutely horrible, dull, Oedipus glasses type basketball. How CBS doesn't have at least two games on now is idiotic.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #205 on: March 22, 2015, 02:33:53 PM »
Well, get used to that ugly, because Bennett will be ensconsed at Wisky when Bo let's go.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #206 on: March 22, 2015, 02:43:51 PM »
Well, get used to that ugly, because Bennett will be ensconsed at Wisky when Bo let's go.

Very doubtful. It'll be Gard.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #207 on: March 22, 2015, 03:03:23 PM »
Would take a massive shift for Bennett to go to Madison. The powers that be for Bucky pretty much burned those bridges down with flamethrowers.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

WarriorPride68

• All American
« Reply #208 on: March 22, 2015, 03:10:10 PM »
Would take a massive shift for Bennett to go to Madison. The powers that be for Bucky pretty much burned those bridges down with flamethrowers.

Have heard this mentioned before. Bo kept Tony on his staff for 2 seasons. Where is the animosity stemming from?

79Warrior

• All American
« Reply #209 on: March 22, 2015, 03:29:38 PM »
All I'm saying is this is the national perception of our league. We don't have schools like Syracuse, UConn, and Louisville to hang our hats on anymore. If this league is going to be considered anything more than mid-major, we need teams to deliver in March. Honestly, we need our BEST teams to deliver in March. Until that happens, all the articles about how overrated this league is, all the radio troll segments from Van Pelt about how happy they'll be when we crash and burn, all the talk on the Selection Show from the Gottlieb types about how overseeded the Big East is, and all the mid-major talk from the P5 conferences will continue.

And the more we protest and disagree, the more we try to defend the league, the more they'll laugh at us with the dismissive "get back to me in March" comments.

Brew is right on, like it or not.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #210 on: March 22, 2015, 06:03:09 PM »
Maybe we shoulda enticed Marshall a little more last year, ai na? He's got his team playin' very hard and they're talented, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #211 on: March 22, 2015, 06:05:25 PM »
Maybe we shoulda enticed Marshall a little more last year, ai na? He's got his team playin' very hard and they're talented, hey?

He doesn't want to leave....talked about it last year.  Unless something has really changed, he doesn't want the bullshyte that goes along with bigger programs.  He's comfortable where he is.  I mentioned him here for our coaching search when Crean left...I thought that highly of him back in his Winthrop days when he cam to MU for the First Bank Classic.  Very unlikely to be going anywhere, likes his life the way it is.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #212 on: March 22, 2015, 06:06:05 PM »

Apparently he's kind of an odd duck and not very easy to work with.  I don't think MU ever looked at him.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #213 on: March 22, 2015, 06:07:07 PM »
Smart man, like Few. BTW, good thin' we don't aspire to be Dayton too, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #214 on: March 22, 2015, 06:15:46 PM »

Apparently he's kind of an odd duck and not very easy to work with.  I don't think MU ever looked at him.

He'd have fit in perfectly, then. Had our share of those fellas, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

VegasWarrior77

• All American
« Reply #215 on: March 22, 2015, 06:37:38 PM »
Darren Rovell ‏@darrenrovell  5m5 minutes ago
Wichita State leading scorer Tekele Cotton also recruited by Murray State, Tennessee State & Moorehead State

Wojo knows talent.  Keep it going!
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." Albert Einstein

VegasWarrior77

• All American
« Reply #216 on: March 22, 2015, 06:41:15 PM »
Jim McIlvaine ‏@JimMcIlvaine  3m3 minutes ago Wisconsin, USA
Big12's 7 teams had much higher seeds in #MarchMadness than the Big East. 5 are knocked out so far & Oklahoma has it's hands full.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." Albert Einstein

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #217 on: March 22, 2015, 06:42:51 PM »
What's the Dayton coach got on his head? Looks to be some sorta black bean pasta dish, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #218 on: March 22, 2015, 06:56:54 PM »
Scoocie Smith-----far out
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #219 on: March 22, 2015, 07:13:06 PM »

Isn't Traci Carter a point guard?

Eldon

• All American
« Reply #220 on: March 22, 2015, 07:51:14 PM »

I swear someone was saying that he had some stink surrounding him

Anyway, Gregg > Shaka

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #221 on: March 22, 2015, 08:00:21 PM »

muwarrior97

• All American
  • CALVACADE OF BRICKS
« Reply #223 on: March 23, 2015, 12:49:26 PM »

Three G "Greg's" are always a little off, IMHO (like "Jeff's" with a G.....quack quack)
#RGV #ReturnTheWarriorMindset

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #224 on: March 23, 2015, 01:04:50 PM »
Good lunchtime read

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/titus-20-ncaa-tournament-observations-kentucky-wildcats-bob-huggins-west-virginia-mountaineers-arizona-wildcats-gabe-york-dangelo-russell-stanley-johnson-ohio-state-buckeyes-wisconsin-badgers/

I have to laugh at #4.

"It’s important to remember that the NBA is superior to college basketball in every single way."  (This is intentional irony on the author's part.)

Right.  Everyone knows that.  Just like everyone knows the NFL is better than college football.  But that doesn't mean its any more fun.

No one skips work to watch the first two days of the NBA playoffs.  No one does NBA playoff brackets.  No one sits around to watch an orgy of NBA basketball on three different channels for 12 hours a day on a weekend.

When the tournament is over, the NBA playoffs start and the pro game gets its time.  And I *like* the NBA playoffs.  But NBA fans need to stop being snobs.

feedback