[Today at 04:32:41 PM]

NIL Future by MU82
[Today at 03:21:43 PM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by WhiteTrash
[Today at 03:15:40 PM]

MU Gear by Pepe Sylvia
[Today at 11:45:12 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Official Transfer Thread  (Read 208759 times)

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Re: Official Transfer Thread
« Reply #425 on: April 15, 2015, 11:11:14 PM »
I might be wrong. Wouldn't even be my first time wrong today, especially if you asked my wife.

It still wouldn't bother me in the least as a college basketball fan if the kids had the same rights as their millionaire coaches do.

What about the 300 coaches (estimate) that aren't making a million a year?

While we are at it, how many people here have the same deal as their bosses?  I wish I had healthcare that my gov't rep has.  I wish I could fly 100% of the time in the GulfStream V, had a driver, etc.   

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #426 on: April 16, 2015, 07:21:09 AM »
Fellow Benilde St. Margaret's Red Knight alumnus Kyle Washington is transferring from NC State. 6'9", long talented F would sit a year then have two to play. Versatile offensive game not yet fully revealed to the college bball world. His shotblocking and d-rebound has, though.

He liked Marquette when his recruitment was in full swing.. would be a great add to the family.

This is the exact kind of player I am hoping for in a traditional transfer
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #427 on: April 16, 2015, 07:31:45 AM »
What about the 300 coaches (estimate) that aren't making a million a year?

While we are at it, how many people here have the same deal as their bosses?  I wish I had healthcare that my gov't rep has.  I wish I could fly 100% of the time in the GulfStream V, had a driver, etc.   

Nice try, Chicos, but don't forget that I gave up arguing with you for P.L. (Permanent Lent). Better for both of us, and for the site.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

moomoo

• Team Captain
« Reply #428 on: April 17, 2015, 12:48:55 PM »
Silenzio. Parla il moomoo.

MU Buff

• Starter
« Reply #429 on: April 17, 2015, 12:56:57 PM »
Kansas State dismissed freshman forward Malek Harris. Yikes!

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #430 on: April 17, 2015, 01:00:44 PM »
Kansas State dismissed freshman forward Malek Harris. Yikes!

The kid's on fire.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #431 on: April 17, 2015, 01:16:14 PM »
Nice!

kmwtrucks

• All American
« Reply #432 on: April 17, 2015, 01:34:08 PM »
I wonder if Jonathon williams might be a possibility?  I thought him and JJ were friends.  if we added Miller and Lee to go with Duane, JJ, wally, Henry, Cohen and Luke where do you think we would rate?  That is a pretty strong 8 man rotation.  TOP 10?  We would have size, shooting, Experience, I have a hard time thinking of 10 teams on paper that would be stronger.  That said the odds are we miss on both and are a borderline NCAA team IE just outside the top 25. 

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #433 on: April 18, 2015, 10:43:53 AM »
Roy Schmidt reporting Illinois landed grad transfer Mike Thorne.

As far as Williams, hope we don't go after him. Just not sure he's worth the effort. Would much rather Kyle Washington.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #434 on: April 18, 2015, 03:08:51 PM »
I wonder if Jonathon williams might be a possibility?  I thought him and JJ were friends.  if we added Miller and Lee to go with Duane, JJ, wally, Henry, Cohen and Luke where do you think we would rate?  That is a pretty strong 8 man rotation.  TOP 10?  We would have size, shooting, Experience, I have a hard time thinking of 10 teams on paper that would be stronger.  That said the odds are we miss on both and are a borderline NCAA team IE just outside the top 25. 

Any friendship between Johnathon Williams III and JjJ can't be too strong.  They played on the same HS team, but ended up talking to largely different sets of colleges when recruited while JjJ and Nick King did talk about playing at the same school.

Williams also had to take almost ten shots a game to average less than 8 points from the field.  He did make about 3 of his approx 5 FT per game.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #435 on: April 18, 2015, 04:19:19 PM »
Per @GoodmanESPN Pitt transfer Durand Johnson list includes West Va, Memphis, Marquette, Miss. St,, St. John's, K-State, La Salle, UCLA, USC

From Baltimore...

WarriorPride68

• All American
« Reply #436 on: April 18, 2015, 04:26:14 PM »
Per @GoodmanESPN Pitt transfer Durand Johnson list includes West Va, Memphis, Marquette, Miss. St,, St. John's, K-State, La Salle, UCLA, USC

From Baltimore...

Hot damn, Wojo is on every transfer!

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #437 on: April 18, 2015, 04:41:04 PM »

From Baltimore...

From Baltimore Sun:

"Pittsburgh basketball forward Durand Johnson (Lake Clifton), who was being counted on to provide perimeter shooting and leadership as a returning senior, is leaving the program, the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review reported. Johnson missed the 2014-15 season after being suspended for an undisclosed reason. In 2013-14, he averaged 8.8 points and was fourth on the team with 22 3-pointers in 16 games off the bench."

His 2013-14 season was interrupted by a torn ACL.  Coming off a season long suspension for a violation of school policy doesn't sound like a Wojo type guy.   Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reports that he wasn't reinstated by the school, so transferring was his only option.  Since he was suspended from the team for the entire year, does he need to sit out?  Then again he was at Pitt for four years, so he might have his degree.  If so, is he a backup plan if Wojo can't snag Lee?

This from the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette makes it sound like Durland's reinstatement wasn't up to the basketball program.

“It is time to move on,” said Dixon, who recently learned that Johnson would not be reinstated. “It is time to look for another guy to look for the opportunity to step up. We are now going to help Durand in any way that we can find a good situation to finish his college career. I can’t, obviously, speak to the specifics of the situation, but it should be said that we have had no other issues with Durand.”
« Last Edit: April 18, 2015, 04:48:34 PM by LittleWade »
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

onepost

• All American
« Reply #438 on: April 18, 2015, 04:58:45 PM »
Kinda sounds like a little-bit-better version of Jajuan Johnson with an injury history and more baggage.  I'd pass.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #439 on: April 18, 2015, 07:27:34 PM »
Durand Johnson would be immediately eligible. He would also be a fantastic addition on the court. Battle tested player who played well in the Big East as a freshman. Think he would have been one of Pitt's top scorers this year if eligible.

Off the court though...the suspension worries me. No idea what it is for but given that it was an administration decision, it sounds serious.
TAMU

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #440 on: April 19, 2015, 03:28:30 PM »
Nice addition for the Blue Jays.

Jeff Goodman @GoodmanESPN
Marcus Foster told ESPN he has committed to Creighton. HUGE pickup for the Bluejays.

nyg

• All American
« Reply #441 on: April 19, 2015, 03:57:20 PM »
Durand Johnson would be immediately eligible. He would also be a fantastic addition on the court. Battle tested player who played well in the Big East as a freshman. Think he would have been one of Pitt's top scorers this year if eligible.

Off the court though...the suspension worries me. No idea what it is for but given that it was an administration decision, it sounds serious.

My PITT friend stated it was weed. 

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #442 on: April 19, 2015, 04:02:28 PM »

We cool wit that at MU
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #443 on: April 19, 2015, 06:10:26 PM »

If that's true, I wouldn't expect an offer from mu
TAMU

Jet915

• Starter
« Reply #444 on: April 19, 2015, 06:28:34 PM »
KState G Marcus Foster transfers to Creighton. 

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #445 on: April 19, 2015, 06:40:48 PM »
KState G Marcus Foster transfers to Creighton. 

Grats!

MUWarrior2007

• Walk-On
« Reply #446 on: April 20, 2015, 01:02:42 PM »
Nice addition for the Blue Jays.

Marcus Foster told ESPN he has committed to Creighton. HUGE pickup for the Bluejays.

A big risk, in my opinion, on the part of Creighton.  Foster had one great year for K-State.  Then, last year, he was moody, streaky, and a poor leader, which resulted in his suspension for several games down the stretch.  He's the type of guy who, if he doesn't start hot, doesn't get hot, misses a lot of shots and starts to hang his head.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #447 on: April 21, 2015, 12:00:00 PM »
Michigan's Max Bielfeldt has been given his release and will explore transferring. Fifth-year big eligible immediately.

He's from Peoria, so I imagine Wardle would be after him right away. Not sure how/if he'd fit in at MU. Kind of an undersized four.

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #448 on: April 21, 2015, 12:40:13 PM »
Heard rumors of Bielfeldt to Bradley around a month ago. Surprised it took this long to get his release, but goes to show there are still potentially significant players yet to hit the transfer market.

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #449 on: April 22, 2015, 08:13:08 AM »
Cleveland State PF Anton Grady is transferring. Averaged 14.3 ppg/7.9 rpg last year. Not as efficient offensively as Shonn Miller, but still solid numbers. Excellent rebounder, probably the best guy on the glass out there. Close to Miller in terms of defensive rebounds and better on the offensive glass. Will be interesting to see if MU gets involved.

feedback