Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: Western Kentucky

Marquette
Marquette vs

Western Kentucky

Date/Time: Mar 22, 2024, 1:00 pm
TV: TBS
Schedule for 2023-24
UConn

Author Topic: Official Transfer Thread  (Read 207722 times)

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Re: Official Transfer Thread
« Reply #200 on: March 31, 2015, 10:48:57 AM »
How can it be a complete transfer list of some teams haven't finished their seasons yet?  ?-(
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

VegasWarrior77

• All American
« Reply #201 on: March 31, 2015, 10:52:15 AM »
From the article:

"The transfer list was in excess of 700 players a year ago. It’s growing quickly this year, and we will update it with the players in demand."
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." Albert Einstein

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #202 on: March 31, 2015, 11:04:37 AM »
I find it amazing that that many kids think the grass is greener.

I'll just cite two examples, both related to our program.  While we're all thrilled he came and we're happy to call him a  Warrior did Matt really enhance his professional prospects this year?  Really?  If you were his dad?  Second, is leaving really a good answer for Steve, a kid one year away from his Marquette degree with an important role next year assuming he stayed?  Again, if you were his mom or dad? 

Caveat:  I know there can be poor relationships between coaches and players sometimes.  For the sake of both Matt and Steve let's leave that to the side and assume all was fine both at BYU and with Wojo.  I'm talking only about the 'basketball prospects' calculus.  700+ kids.  Crazy.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #203 on: March 31, 2015, 11:18:12 AM »

I'll just cite two examples, both related to our program.  While we're all thrilled he came and we're happy to call him a  Warrior did Matt really enhance his professional prospects this year?  Really?  If you were his dad?  Second, is leaving really a good answer for Steve, a kid one year away from his Marquette degree with an important role next year assuming he stayed?  Again, if you were his mom or dad? 

Caveat:  I know there can be poor relationships between coaches and players sometimes.  For the sake of both Matt and Steve let's leave that to the side and assume all was fine both at BYU and with Wojo.  I'm talking only about the 'basketball prospects' calculus.  700+ kids.  Crazy.

The vast majority of kids transfer because they prefer playing to riding the bench. Most will end up at a lower-level program where they will have opportunities they wouldn't have  - and probably have been told they wouldn't have - at their present school.
There are always going to be instances of kids who make terrible decisions and wind up in worse situations, but for the most part all of this is driven by playing time.
I can't really blame the kids for that.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #204 on: March 31, 2015, 11:23:41 AM »

Goodman commented earlier this year that roughly 2/3 of transfers were school decisions, not player decisions. Wouldn't surprise me at all if that was Matt's case, he wasn't exactly beloved at BYU. Not sure on Steve, but if the staff thought they could land a Shonn Miller type, I could see them making the suggestion. Of course, that can always backfire..
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #205 on: March 31, 2015, 11:24:21 AM »
That's crazy: 700 transfers, and all from Marquette.

Because, as some posters think, we're the only ones who face this problem.

“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #206 on: March 31, 2015, 11:28:34 AM »
Goodman commented earlier this year that roughly 2/3 of transfers were school decisions, not player decisions. Wouldn't surprise me at all if that was Matt's case, he wasn't exactly beloved at BYU. Not sure on Steve, but if the staff thought they could land a Shonn Miller type, I could see them making the suggestion. Of course, that can always backfire..

Okay.  We had all speculated about that a few weeks ago.  So if Wojo has Player X pretty much in the bag and as a courtesy tells a guy like Steve the lay of the land so he can leave with dignity (or stay if he wants to ride as the 11th man), perhaps that's fine.

I dunno.  I liked baseball better before free agency too.

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #207 on: March 31, 2015, 01:36:47 PM »
So... anyone transfer into Marquette yet?  ;D
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

D'Lo Brown

• All American
« Reply #208 on: March 31, 2015, 01:40:21 PM »

BYU had 4 guards average over 12 points per game this season... I believe Tyler Haws is their all-time leader in points. Carlino would have been on the bench.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #209 on: March 31, 2015, 01:45:58 PM »

Hearing some positive things.  Certainly nobody signed up yet but encouraging news.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

chapman

• All American
« Reply #210 on: March 31, 2015, 01:47:24 PM »

Takes some effort to get players accepted into the Yale of the Midwest. 

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #211 on: March 31, 2015, 01:51:42 PM »
Hearing some positive things.  Certainly nobody signed up yet but encouraging news.

Now that is just a mean cliffhanger right there. Any names?
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #212 on: March 31, 2015, 01:59:43 PM »
Now that is just a mean cliffhanger right there. Any names?

"Damion Lee is in play" is a text I received from someone who I trust.  Again, not sure it's to the point of a #donedeal Tweet but better than "No shot at Damion Lee."
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #213 on: March 31, 2015, 02:07:55 PM »
"Damion Lee is in play" is a text I received from someone who I trust.  Again, not sure it's to the point of a #donedeal Tweet but better than "No shot at Damion Lee."

Well this is getting me slightly aroused.
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #214 on: March 31, 2015, 02:21:27 PM »
Well this is getting me slightly aroused.

Give me one of Damion Lee or Shonn Miller and Trey Lewis, and this could be a pretty good squad.
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #215 on: March 31, 2015, 02:24:00 PM »
Give me one of Damion Lee or Shonn Miller and Trey Lewis, and this could be a pretty good squad.

Yup. Really want Lee or Miller.

Lewis with Miller would be great.

I see Lee and Miller as 1% chance but boy that would be fun.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #216 on: March 31, 2015, 02:27:05 PM »
This is far from the "Expect Malik Harris to commit" the week before he committed but it may or may not be from the same person.  Just hearing he's "in play."

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #217 on: March 31, 2015, 02:27:32 PM »

I know Lee and Miller have both been contacted and have reciprocated interest.....that means absolutely nothing in terms of whether either one ever comes to MU but it's certainly better than getting hung up on.
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #218 on: March 31, 2015, 02:32:09 PM »
I'll be stunned if he gets Lee away from Maryland.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #219 on: March 31, 2015, 03:45:04 PM »
I know Lee and Miller have both been contacted and have reciprocated interest.....that means absolutely nothing in terms of whether either one ever comes to MU but it's certainly better than getting hung up on.

I wasn't in any was inferring that a commitment was imminent, simply rosterbating.
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #220 on: March 31, 2015, 04:04:56 PM »
This is far from the "Expect Malik Harris to commit" the week before he committed but it may or may not be from the same person.  Just hearing he's "in play."

Does your contact feel pretty good about it at least?

I mean obviously if Lee is listening there is a shot. But beyond that does he believe there is a good chance?

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #221 on: March 31, 2015, 04:38:42 PM »
Adam Zagoria @AdamZagoria
Add UConn freshman forward Rakim Lubin (Miami, Fla.) to the transfer list, @GoodmanESPN . Seemed like a bad fit from the beginning.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #222 on: March 31, 2015, 04:42:01 PM »
Does your contact feel pretty good about it at least?

I mean obviously if Lee is listening there is a shot. But beyond that does he believe there is a good chance?

deep breaths, deep breaths...  some things take a little time to sort out.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

swoopem

• All American
« Reply #223 on: March 31, 2015, 05:24:22 PM »
Wojo, Jim Ganzer (IWB), Brett Nelson, and Mark Miller all just followed Damion Lee.

Let's hope this is a good sign.
Bring back FFP!!!

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #224 on: March 31, 2015, 05:47:09 PM »
deep breaths, deep breaths...  some things take a little time to sort out.

Yup.  He said he hasn't heard there's a favorite but that there's interest from both sides.