'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Official Transfer Thread  (Read 208119 times)

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Re: Official Transfer Thread
« Reply #175 on: March 30, 2015, 01:22:02 PM »
Only because he couldn't get into Wisconsin.

Bo doesn't like one and done players, and with grad transfers you have no other option.
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #176 on: March 30, 2015, 01:25:35 PM »
Bo doesn't like one and done players, and with grad transfers you have no other option.

And yet he took Sharif Chambliss.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #177 on: March 30, 2015, 02:08:33 PM »
Brian Snow @BSnowScout
Cleveland State guard Trey Lewis just got his release today. He is a 5th year immediately eligible player. Averaged 16.3 points per this yr

First-team Horizon player, set the Cleveland State record for three-pointers in a season ... 96 of them on 42.3 percent shooting.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #178 on: March 30, 2015, 02:34:24 PM »
Lots of interesting names out there...
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

nyg

• All American
« Reply #179 on: March 30, 2015, 02:49:41 PM »
Lots of interesting names out there...

Especially this guy, but he is probably going to be a Terp, joining Trimble, Carter, Layman, Stone and the rest.  Baltimore native and went to same high school as Juan Dixon, the ex-Terp and staff member.  Will take place of Dez Wells and Terps will be very, very good next year.  

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/12587754/damion-lee-drexel-dragons-plans-graduate-play-another-school-next-season

« Last Edit: March 30, 2015, 02:51:17 PM by nyg »

chapman

• All American
« Reply #180 on: March 30, 2015, 03:09:19 PM »
Especially this guy, but he is probably going to be a Terp, joining Trimble, Carter, Layman, Stone and the rest.  Baltimore native and went to same high school as Juan Dixon, the ex-Terp and staff member.  Will take place of Dez Wells and Terps will be very, very good next year.  

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/12587754/damion-lee-drexel-dragons-plans-graduate-play-another-school-next-season

Another one for Maryland?  UW admissions must be very busy sending out rejection letters.

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #181 on: March 30, 2015, 03:13:18 PM »
Brian Snow @BSnowScout
Cleveland State guard Trey Lewis just got his release today. He is a 5th year immediately eligible player. Averaged 16.3 points per this yr

First-team Horizon player, set the Cleveland State record for three-pointers in a season ... 96 of them on 42.3 percent shooting.

Best player on a pretty good Horizon League team and he's a very good shooter. Assuming Damion Lee is unrealistic, I hope Wojo gets on him ASAP. I would love to see him at MU

Here's a video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1z5ipDktUUI
« Last Edit: March 30, 2015, 03:23:08 PM by MUEagle1090 »

VegasWarrior77

• All American
« Reply #182 on: March 30, 2015, 05:01:07 PM »
ANTON GILL TRANSFERRING FROM LOUISVILLE
Mar 30, 2015 | 02:32 pm
Jody DemlingJody Demling
CardinalAuthority.com

Just three days after being a hero for the University of Louisville basketball team, sophomore guard Anton Gill is leaving the program. Cardinal Authority has confirmed with Gill that he will transfer to another school.

Anton Gill was a hero on Friday night for the University of Louisville basketball team and three days later he's no longer on the team.

Gill, a sophomore guard from Raleigh, N.C., told Cardinal Authority that he was going to transfer to another school. He said he made the decision after a talk last night with his family following U of L's 76-70 loss to Michigan State.

"I tried to focus on the season and to help my team win, so I wasn't really thinking a lot about it," he said. "But once the season was over I had to talk to my family.

"I have to do what's best for me. I feel like it's time to move on."

Gill said he hasn't been in contact with any other schools and that he wasn't in a rush to make any decisions about his future.

He said this week "hasn't been tough, that's just life sometimes."

"It's just how it is," he said. "I felt like it was time for me to look for a new opportunity. I didn't really get the opportunity I thought I would here."

Gill, who averaged just 9.5 minutes a game and only scored 78 points all season, said his time on the bench was "very tough."

The 6-foot-3 Gill scored 14 in a game against Florida State in late February and last Friday was the hero of the win over North Carolina State in the NCAA Sweet 16 game. He hit 3 of 3 from the field and scored seven points in a two-minute stretch to lift the Cardinals to a 75-65 victory over the Wolfpack.

"He won the game for us," U of L coach Rick Pitino said then.

Gill, who had only four games of more than seven points all season, hit a runner in the lane, a three-pointer and another close-in shot. He also had two steals and an assist.

"Anton is one of the finest young men that I have had the privilege of coaching the past two years," Pitino said in a release. "He is a bright, articulate, hard-working young man that we will miss very much. I agree with his decision and have given him his release to attend any university he desires. He wants to play major minutes and I believe he has a bright future ahead of him. We thank him for his dedication to our team."

Gill averaged 2.5 points and 0.8 rebounds in 31 games this season. He was named to the All-ACC Academic Men’s Basketball team this season and finished his career with 110 points in 54 games over two years.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." Albert Einstein

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #183 on: March 30, 2015, 05:07:10 PM »
Sounds like Gill is headed back to North Carolina. Shooting guard that doesn't shoot particularly well.

Earl Tatum

• All American
« Reply #184 on: March 30, 2015, 05:42:06 PM »
Sounds like Pitino's empire is shaking. Didn't have an impact bench all year.Quentin Snyder who took Chris Jones place. didn't impress.

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #185 on: March 30, 2015, 06:39:19 PM »
Sounds like Pitino's empire is shaking.

Good grief. Empire is shaking? You mean the Empire that was in the final four in 2012, won the national championship in 2013, sweet 16 in 2014, and a missed FT away from another final four this year? That empire is shaking? They had a down year this year by their standards, and were that close to another FF. Something tells me he's gonna be just fine.

Wish Wojo had a shaky empire like that.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #186 on: March 30, 2015, 07:31:23 PM »
Steve probably should dine more at Porcini's, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

VegasWarrior77

• All American
« Reply #187 on: March 30, 2015, 08:34:14 PM »
Xavier sophomore guard will transfer
Scott Phillips Mar 30, 2015, 9:00 PM EDT
http://collegebasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/03/30/xavier-sophomore-guard-brandon-randolph-will-transfer/

Xavier sophomore guard Brandon Randolph is leaving the program and will transfer, a source confirmed to NBCSports.com. The 6-foot-1 native of California saw his playing time cut to 9.7 minutes per game in 23 contests this season.

Randolph averaged 2.4 points and 1.2 assists per game and shot 45 percent from the field and 54 percent from 3-point range.

Regarded as a three-star prospect coming out of high school, according to Rivals, Randolph also took an official visit to Missouri during the recruiting process, but that was under former head coach Frank Haith. That means it could be a rather fresh start for Randolph when he’s looking for a new program.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2015, 09:16:23 PM by VegasWarrior77 »
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." Albert Einstein

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #188 on: March 30, 2015, 09:14:08 PM »
Xavier sophomore guardwill transfer

Which means no other BE school can pick him up...for better or worse

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #189 on: March 30, 2015, 10:32:14 PM »
Jonathan Williams III is transferring from Mizzou. Dude is a 6'9" beast that would fill the 3/4 spot easily. Averaged 11/7 last year.
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

LAZER

• All American
« Reply #190 on: March 30, 2015, 10:38:53 PM »
Jonathan Williams III is transferring from Mizzou. Dude is a 6'9" beast that would fill the 3/4 spot easily. Averaged 11/7 last year.
Was Phelps at Mizzou when he was there?

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #191 on: March 31, 2015, 12:54:33 AM »
Was Phelps at Mizzou when he was there?

Yes. Phelps was there during his freshman year under Haith. Interesting. I know we were in on him back then. Maybe Phelps and some Wojo magic could do good things?

Edit: he also went to Southwind with JJJ. So... I hope he's staying put and very, very happy about Marquette.

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #192 on: March 31, 2015, 07:19:21 AM »
Dang JW3 would be perfect!  Great hedge if HE is one and done.  If HE returns for his sophomore year, a frontline of HE, JW3 and Luke would be fun.  JW3 is the type of rebounder we need (6.5 & 7.1 rpg over 2 years), can score a bit, hit some 3's as a soph and was a decent shot blocker as a frosh.  Would join Duane and Sandy in their class so it works for roster balance.  With Phelps and JJJ having pre-existing relationships I think there's a chance MU is a player for JW3.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #193 on: March 31, 2015, 07:55:43 AM »
So with the calendar turning to April, is it fairly safe to say that no MU player other than Steve will move on?  Do any announcements from departing players come much later unless they are in the Final 4?  And is there any pattern as to when kids typically decide on a new home?  This is like watching the NFL draft over several weeks.

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #194 on: March 31, 2015, 08:02:30 AM »
I'd play the opposite side regarding JWIII. Wojo's desired aggressive man defense provided a struggle for JJJ to adapt to, and JWIII played in the same zone defense at Southwind in high school. Mizzou fans regard him as a defensive liability and he has a lower eFG% and 2PFG% than Steve Taylor, who we were already disappointed with for missing the gimme shots. The reality is that even on a bad team, someone is going to score. That doesn't make them a good player, just the best of a bad lot. Mizzou was terrible this year and the woefully inefficient Williams just happened to benefit from everyone else being worse than he was.

If Phelps and Wojo think he's a good fit and think they can turn him into a man defender, we could do worse, but if the staff ignores him, I'd say there are plenty of reasons why.

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #195 on: March 31, 2015, 08:44:13 AM »
I'd play the opposite side regarding JWIII. Wojo's desired aggressive man defense provided a struggle for JJJ to adapt to, and JWIII played in the same zone defense at Southwind in high school. Mizzou fans regard him as a defensive liability and he has a lower eFG% and 2PFG% than Steve Taylor, who we were already disappointed with for missing the gimme shots. The reality is that even on a bad team, someone is going to score. That doesn't make them a good player, just the best of a bad lot. Mizzou was terrible this year and the woefully inefficient Williams just happened to benefit from everyone else being worse than he was.

If Phelps and Wojo think he's a good fit and think they can turn him into a man defender, we could do worse, but if the staff ignores him, I'd say there are plenty of reasons why.

True. I was less concerned with the scoring side as I was the part where he gets lots and lots of rebounds. Hopefully he is less of a defensive liability than some project, but I do think that adding guys like Anim, Cheatham and Carter to Duane and (sometimes) Luke's defense could help mask some growing pains in our system as well. At least he will have a clear understanding of what is expected of him on that end.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #196 on: March 31, 2015, 08:44:58 AM »
So with the calendar turning to April, is it fairly safe to say that no MU player other than Steve will move on?  Do any announcements from departing players come much later unless they are in the Final 4?  And is there any pattern as to when kids typically decide on a new home?  This is like watching the NFL draft over several weeks.

Transfers happen all the way into the summer. We aren't out of the woods yet. But no news is always good news.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #197 on: March 31, 2015, 10:12:03 AM »

If there is anything we have learned over the last two years, it's that transfers can happen at any time.

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #198 on: March 31, 2015, 10:21:15 AM »
I just saw Goodman's transfer list. The answer to the question "who transfers schools in the offseason?"

VegasWarrior77

• All American
« Reply #199 on: March 31, 2015, 10:22:06 AM »
Top 10 transfers and complete transfer list
March, 31, 2015
8:58AM ET
By Jeff Goodman and Jeff Borzello | ESPN.com

http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/jeff-goodman/post/_/id/4899/top-10-transfers-and-complete-transfer-list&ex_cid=InsiderTwitter_GoodmanTransferList2015March

NOTE: At the end of the top ten is a list of all current transfers.  It is long and double-spaced so I didn't paste it here. Click on the link above to read it.

The transfer list was in excess of 700 players a year ago. It’s growing quickly this year, and we will update it with the players in demand.

These 10 who are getting plenty of attention (for each player in the top 10, his current school is listed):

1. Damion Lee, Drexel -- Averaged 17.1 points as a freshman and 13.0 points as a sophomore. As a junior, Lee posted 21.4 points and 6.1 boards per contest -- and he'll be as sought-after as anyone on this list.

2. Rasheed Sulaimon, Duke -- It didn’t work out the way everyone thought for the talented wing out of Texas. Sulaimon spent much of his time in Durham in the doghouse and was ultimately dismissed from the program earlier this season. Sulaimon will try to graduate this summer so he can play his final season next school year as a graduate student for another program.

3. Marcus Foster, Kansas State -- The undersized 2-guard came out of nowhere and had a terrific freshman season for Bruce Weber, but this past year was a roller coaster -- with more downs than ups. Foster was benched and suspended -- but he can still help a team with his ability to score.

4. Shonn Miller, Cornell -- He’s a 4-man who is eligible immediately for his final season and has attracted big-time interest. Miller has met with UConn, Illinois, Boston College, Michigan, Marquette and California. He has a nice dribble pull-up and is a better perimeter shooter than his numbers indicate.

5. Anthony Collins, South Florida -- The veteran point guard was granted a medical hardship waiver and can play his final season next school year. Collins played only eight games in 2013-14 due to a knee injury, and this past season he averaged 7.1 points and 5.2 assists.

6. Tyler Harris, Providence -- He had his issues at Providence, but Tobias’ younger brother averaged 11.6 points as a sophomore and 9.9 points and 4 boards this past season. He’s eligible immediately for his final college campaign.

7. Nick King, Memphis -- The undersized 4-man plays hard and averaged 7.2 points per game this past season as a sophomore with the Tigers.

8. Derrick Gordon, UMass -- He was the Sun Belt Freshman of the Year at Western Kentucky and spent the past two seasons at UMass, where he averaged 9.4 points and 9.8 points per contest. He’s a 2-guard who can get to the basket and finish. He’s also eligible to play next season.

9. Jaren Sina, Seton Hall -- The sophomore point guard wasn’t content with his role, and it’s difficult to blame him. He played well when Isaiah Whitehead was injured. Sina averaged 7 points this past season, and will likely sit out and have two seasons left.

10. Stanford Robinson, Indiana -- A sophomore wing who can get to the basket and guard; he averaged 3 points per game and will go elsewhere in search of more playing time. Likely to sit out next season.

The complete list is below. For players whose transfer destination has been announced, the destination is reflected in CAPS after his current school.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2015, 10:26:09 AM by VegasWarrior77 »

feedback