'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Official Transfer Thread  (Read 208715 times)

wadesworld

• All American
Re: Official Transfer Thread
« Reply #100 on: March 24, 2015, 06:25:16 PM »
Jon Rothstein ‏@JonRothstein  2h2 hours ago
The transfer epidemic is hurting our sport. Kudos to the NCAA for finally taking action and ending this nonsense. No place for it in CBB.

Also from the NCAA: graduate transfers will still have immediate eligibility for next season, but waivers are currently done. Thank God!

Best news I've gotten today: the NCAA will no longer grant immediate eligibility for four-year transfers starting during the 15-16 season.

I don't get it.  Wasn't that already the rule?  If you had graduated but still had eligibility left you could transfer and play immediately given that you transferred to a school to pursue a degree in something that was not offered at the current school?  So what's the new rule that he is so happy about?
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #101 on: March 24, 2015, 06:31:27 PM »
I don't get it.  Wasn't that already the rule?  If you had graduated but still had eligibility left you could transfer and play immediately given that you transferred to a school to pursue a degree in something that was not offered at the current school?  So what's the new rule that he is so happy about?

Waivers for players who haven't graduated are done.  No more I need to be closer to home because my Aunt is sick, etc.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

VegasWarrior77

• All American
« Reply #102 on: March 24, 2015, 06:37:24 PM »
Jon Rothstein ‏@JonRothstein  1h1 hour ago
Seton Hall transfer Jaren Sina is considering Michigan, Stanford, and BC, source told @CBSSports. Two years of eligibility remaining.

Jeff Goodman ‏@GoodmanESPN  1h1 hour ago
Southern Miss' Shadell Millinghaus and Davon Hayes are both transferring.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." Albert Einstein

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #103 on: March 24, 2015, 07:02:43 PM »
Waivers for players who haven't graduated are done.  No more I need to be closer to home because my Aunt is sick, etc.

Ahh I see.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #104 on: March 24, 2015, 08:21:03 PM »

i.e. - Bad for Burton

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #105 on: March 24, 2015, 11:58:59 PM »
The last I had heard, Lomomba was headed to Cleveland State.  Any idea how that ended up being Providence?  Did he transfer?

Yes. Transfered from Cleveland State
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #106 on: March 25, 2015, 12:17:16 AM »
i.e. - Bad for Burton

I am 100% certain that the reason Burton transferred is because his "reason to come home" has passed on. So no. Not bad for Burton.
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #107 on: March 25, 2015, 01:14:30 AM »
I am 100% certain that the reason Burton transferred is because his "reason to come home" has passed on. So no. Not bad for Burton.

Bad for Burton in that he won't get a hardship waver.  Otherwise, I completely understand why he transferred.  It's not one or the other.  Don't pretend he wasn't also hoping for a waiver.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #108 on: March 25, 2015, 06:38:43 AM »
Bad for Burton in that he won't get a hardship waver.  Otherwise, I completely understand why he transferred.  It's not one or the other.  Don't pretend he wasn't also hoping for a waiver.

Agreed.  If you can no longer get a waiver to move home because a family member is sick, you certainly shouldn't be able to get a waiver to move away from home once said family member has died.

SWARM!

• Starter
« Reply #109 on: March 25, 2015, 09:12:53 AM »

Dude, you have some of the weirdest, most random GIFs.  Not sayin it's a bad thing but any method to the madness?

Mu2323

• Starter
« Reply #110 on: March 25, 2015, 09:48:25 AM »
Does this mean that Luke Fischer has gained a year?

Dawson Rental

• All American
« Reply #111 on: March 25, 2015, 09:51:30 AM »

No.

No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

chapman

• All American
« Reply #112 on: March 25, 2015, 09:51:58 AM »
http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/12554420/kansas-state-wildcats-dismiss-star-sophomore-marcus-foster?ex_cid=espnapi_public

K State dismisses Soph G Marcus Foster and Fre G Tre Harris.  Soph G Jevon Thomas transferring.

By Josh Smith logic, sure.  The NCAA pulled that one out of their butts though.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #113 on: March 25, 2015, 10:36:31 AM »
Evan Daniels @EvanDaniels
Stanford Robinson is transferring out of Indiana, his high school coach confirms to Scout.

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #114 on: March 25, 2015, 10:37:47 AM »
No.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #115 on: March 25, 2015, 10:38:21 AM »
Did Robinson throw a plant at Too Tanned's coconut?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #116 on: March 25, 2015, 11:58:08 AM »
Evan Daniels @EvanDaniels
Stanford Robinson is transferring out of Indiana, his high school coach confirms to Scout.

They were over signed by 2 and still aggressively recruiting. More Creaning to come.

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #117 on: March 25, 2015, 12:05:42 PM »
They were over signed by 2 and still aggressively recruiting. More Creaning to come.

Yep. Two more likely have to go if the are to sign Thomas Bryant for whom they apparently  now lead. Was headed to Syracuse before their problems.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #118 on: March 25, 2015, 12:10:01 PM »
http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/12554420/kansas-state-wildcats-dismiss-star-sophomore-marcus-foster?ex_cid=espnapi_public

K State dismisses Soph G Marcus Foster and Fre G Tre Harris.  Soph G Jevon Thomas transferring.

By Josh Smith logic, sure.  The NCAA pulled that one out of their butts though.

Players dismissed from their previous team should be immediately eligible.  The article suggests they are not, that is very unfair.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #119 on: March 25, 2015, 12:22:56 PM »
Players dismissed from their previous team should be immediately eligible.  The article suggests they are not, that is very unfair.

So they should be rewarded for misbehaving, not following team rules, not remaining eligible, etc.?  Disagreed.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #120 on: March 25, 2015, 12:26:02 PM »
We should give ISU some karma and snag grad transfer Niang!!!
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #121 on: March 25, 2015, 12:30:14 PM »
So they should be rewarded for misbehaving, not following team rules, not remaining eligible, etc.?  Disagreed.

There is no guarantee they did anything wrong.  You can be dismissed arbitrarily.  Maybe they forgot to high-five a teammate too many times.  We do not know what the team rules were.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #122 on: March 25, 2015, 12:32:20 PM »
There is no guarantee they did anything wrong.  You can be dismissed arbitrarily.  Maybe they forgot to high-five a teammate too many times.  We do not know what the team rules were.

The point is that you just provided an incentive for a player to break team rules if they want to transfer.  That isn't a good idea.

VegasWarrior77

• All American
« Reply #123 on: March 25, 2015, 03:01:46 PM »
Jon Rothstein ‏@JonRothstein  4h4 hours ago
Arizona State's Connor MacDougall will transfer, source told @CBSSports. Three years of eligibility remaining.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." Albert Einstein

Dawson Rental

• All American
« Reply #124 on: March 25, 2015, 06:12:29 PM »

Creaning should lead to immediate eligibility.  Any kid who loses his scholarship due to being recruited over and having his scholarship terminated shouldn't have to send a year sitting out.  Those not remaining eligible could hardly change that situation by transferring, except maybe to a JUCO if they were freshmen.