[Today at 10:52:12 AM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by WhiteTrash
[Today at 10:42:19 AM]

NIL Future by Hards Alumni
[Today at 10:38:26 AM]

Maximilian Langenfeld by tower912
[Today at 07:24:54 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: MU Recruits in HS tournaments  (Read 47717 times)

Earl Tatum

• All American
Re: MU Recruits in HS tournaments
« Reply #125 on: March 23, 2015, 01:22:29 PM »
I would take Winston and Anderson, both Juniors. Key is a Senior. Probably be a low D1 player. Great backup for MU though.
Worth A schollie, don't know.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #126 on: March 23, 2015, 01:22:50 PM »
Key is really good.  I like him, but he's short.  To be honest I'm more impressed with him than with Anderson.  Not sure he's fit for Marquette at this point, though.

Where is the noise about Winston coming from?  None of the recruiting services even list him having any interest in us (I know, they often get their information wrong, but usually when a school is in his "final 3" at least 1 of the services would at least list some interest in the long lists they put together of schools he has an interest in)?
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

swoopem

• All American
« Reply #127 on: March 23, 2015, 01:38:37 PM »
I live in the Detroit area so all my info comes from people I've talked to around here, including U of D folks. I understand the skepticism, but I'm pretty confident that we're a strong player in this recruitment.
Bring back FFP!!!

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #128 on: March 23, 2015, 01:40:58 PM »
Key is really good.  I like him, but he's short.  To be honest I'm more impressed with him than with Anderson.  Not sure he's fit for Marquette at this point, though.

Where is the noise about Winston coming from?  None of the recruiting services even list him having any interest in us (I know, they often get their information wrong, but usually when a school is in his "final 3" at least 1 of the services would at least list some interest in the long lists they put together of schools he has an interest in)?

He visited MU (unofficial) back in October and our coaching staff went to one of his games in January. That's about all I can scrap together.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #129 on: March 23, 2015, 01:42:04 PM »
I would take Winston and Anderson, both Juniors. Key is a Senior. Probably be a low D1 player. Great backup for MU though.
Worth A schollie, don't know.

Key signed an NLI at Northern Illinois in November. 

LAZER

• All American
« Reply #130 on: March 23, 2015, 01:48:48 PM »

I think a class of Winston, Coffey, and Hauser would be ideal.

Well if Wojo can pull that off, I think MU basketball will be in a very, very good place.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #131 on: March 23, 2015, 01:52:30 PM »
I live in the Detroit area so all my info comes from people I've talked to around here, including U of D folks. I understand the skepticism, but I'm pretty confident that we're a strong player in this recruitment.

Gotcha, thanks, was just curious.  He would be a great get.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #132 on: March 23, 2015, 02:26:38 PM »

Key signed an NLI at Northern Illinois in November. 

Nope, different dude.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #133 on: March 23, 2015, 02:41:28 PM »

Thanks for the heads up. Been a pretty stealth recruitment so far. Would LOVE to see him sign an NLI for us. Winston, Coffey and Hauser would be another stud class (assuming we have 3 to give).
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #134 on: March 23, 2015, 02:48:16 PM »

Nope, different dude.

Oh right.  Brandon Key of West Allis Central...not Jaylen Key of Homestead.

Thanks.

Earl Tatum

• All American
« Reply #135 on: March 23, 2015, 04:58:18 PM »
Winston's name was brought up on some blogs, figured he was interested in MU. I noticed he wasn't mentioned on the ESPN, Yahoo or rivals. Would have been a great get.

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #136 on: March 23, 2015, 04:59:05 PM »
Winston's name was brought up on some blogs, figured he was interested in MU. I noticed he wasn't mentioned on the ESPN, Yahoo or rivals. Would have been a great get.

Don't have to say "would have been". It's still possible.

WarriorPride68

• All American
« Reply #137 on: March 23, 2015, 06:09:50 PM »
Don't have to say "would have been". It's still possible.

Izzo has been on Cassius the longest and was just visiting him a week or so ago. Be tough to take a top 25 kid out of Izzo's backyard with their current success; and MU missing back to back tourneys

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #138 on: March 23, 2015, 11:14:28 PM »
Perhaps. I really haven't heard much about Winston and Wojo lately anyways, so if anyone can shed light on that recruitment it'd be great. I think Coffey and Hauser are the top priorities right now, despite the PG need.

Full court press for Cassius Winston from what I hear. Has had some very good response early in the game. Top priority along with Coffey and Hauser. Would be be the best point we've had since Diener if the reviews are to be believed.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

WarriorInNYC

• All American
« Reply #139 on: March 24, 2015, 07:42:55 AM »

I wouldn't put a whole lot of weight on those sites just yet.  I havent checked Yahoo or Rivals, but ESPN has only 2 recruits "Considering" us in 2016, and Hauser isn't on there.

http://espn.go.com/colleges/basketball/recruiting/school/_/id/269/class/2016/page/considering

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #140 on: March 24, 2015, 08:10:50 AM »
Wojo isn't exactly handing his offers out there like candy and is playing things very close to the vest.  We were supposedly not in on Traci Carter - until we were and Wojo got him. 

Let's see how things play out between now and fall. 

swoopem

• All American
« Reply #141 on: March 24, 2015, 02:19:28 PM »
U of D has a playoff game tonight. Apparently Izzo is going to be there to watch Cassius.
Bring back FFP!!!

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #142 on: March 24, 2015, 07:44:07 PM »
Wow, he can take time outta his busy Tourney prep to watch some high school baller. Must really want the cat, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

sailwi

• All American
« Reply #143 on: March 24, 2015, 08:28:20 PM »
UD alum, just checked the Free Press and UD won to move onto state semis, first picture I saw was Izzo walking into Calihan Hall to watch the game.  I know someone with UD connections who said MU is in the mix for Winston but MSU is still the leader.  I did read a story that his parents really like the education he is getting at UD and like the Jesuit environment so maybe that helps.

swoopem

• All American
« Reply #144 on: March 24, 2015, 08:47:34 PM »
UD alum, just checked the Free Press and UD won to move onto state semis, first picture I saw was Izzo walking into Calihan Hall to watch the game.  I know someone with UD connections who said MU is in the mix for Winston but MSU is still the leader.  I did read a story that his parents really like the education he is getting at UD and like the Jesuit environment so maybe that helps.

Cassius had the game winner
Bring back FFP!!!

MattyWarrior

• All American
« Reply #145 on: March 24, 2015, 08:53:14 PM »
Espn is very unreliable and lazy with the recruiting info on their site.

VegasWarrior77

• All American
« Reply #146 on: March 24, 2015, 09:53:30 PM »

Wojo should have a couple priests flying with him on his next visit!
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." Albert Einstein

feedback