[Today at 02:48:12 PM]

Sweet 16 presser by tower912
[Today at 02:40:05 PM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by TAMU, Knower of Ball
[Today at 02:24:16 PM]

Dallas bars tonite by Jay Bee
[Today at 02:05:40 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: MU Recruits in HS tournaments  (Read 47462 times)

seakm4

• Team Captain
Re: MU Recruits in HS tournaments
« Reply #100 on: March 15, 2015, 09:27:53 PM »
It doesn't. But hey, who could ever get tired of talking about the Vadgers?

Me.  I'd rather talk about anything else.  Al Gore could approach me about my taxes right now and I'd listen.  It'd beat hearing the state drink the vadger kool aid

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #101 on: March 16, 2015, 10:05:22 AM »
Me.  I'd rather talk about anything else.  Al Gore could approach me about my taxes right now and I'd listen.  It'd beat hearing the state drink the vadger kool aid
OK--now here is a challenge--which would you rather talk about least--Bucky or ND? Think very carefully before answering.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

brandx

« Reply #102 on: March 16, 2015, 01:45:54 PM »
+1000

Bucky passes the eye test, but their resume really isn't as impressive as people are making it out to be.

Kinda like when Bird was at Indiana State

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #103 on: March 16, 2015, 01:48:43 PM »
OK--now here is a challenge--which would you rather talk about least--Bucky or ND? Think very carefully before answering.

Can I choose to play a game of Russian Roulette instead?

Stretchdeltsig

• All American
« Reply #104 on: March 17, 2015, 10:52:57 AM »
Good to hear that Wojo is busy recruiting.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #105 on: March 23, 2015, 10:27:20 AM »
Stevens Point beat Neenah tonight 50-47. Again  Trevor Anderson bailed out Point. Would be a bad get for MU. A point guard.
He just plays the game and has smart basketball sense. Knows where he wants to go with the ball and set people his players up.
Excellent 3 pt shooter. Has had some 30 point games this season. If I was Wojo, I would check him out thoroughly. He is
being recruited by small to mid majors. Could be a steal. A player.

I gotta bump this to give Earl some props. Watched Trev Anderson at the state tournament and was very impressed. That kid can play.

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #106 on: March 23, 2015, 10:28:47 AM »
I gotta bump this to give Earl some props. Watched Trev Anderson at the state tournament and was very impressed. That kid can play.

Wouldn't be surprised if Anderson became an option if it becomes clear that Cassius Winston is not realistic.

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #107 on: March 23, 2015, 11:32:58 AM »
Wouldn't be surprised if Anderson became an option if it becomes clear that Cassius Winston is not realistic.

Perhaps. I really haven't heard much about Winston and Wojo lately anyways, so if anyone can shed light on that recruitment it'd be great. I think Coffey and Hauser are the top priorities right now, despite the PG need.
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #108 on: March 23, 2015, 11:34:09 AM »

The anti-Derrick?

Mark Miller @WisBBYearbook
Here's a truly incredible stat -- junior point guard Trev Anderson of Stevens Point ended the year making 75 straight free throws.

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #109 on: March 23, 2015, 11:40:59 AM »
The anti-Derrick?

Here's a truly incredible stat -- junior point guard Trev Anderson of Stevens Point ended the year making 75 straight free throws.

I think Anderson could be a very solid backup point guard at this level. If Carter takes the reins successfully I would love to get Anderson to back him up the following year. Very skilled offensively, good shooter although the form is a bit odd. Good decision maker.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #110 on: March 23, 2015, 11:46:26 AM »
I'm not sure I get the love for Anderson.  Good player?  Sure.  But he's small and doesn't even run the point guard on his own high school team.  If he's a high major D1 point guard he shouldn't need his own team's small forward (and best scorer - so it'd be advantageous to have Hauser off the ball) to run the point.  I just don't see it, but I'm also not getting paid $millions to make those decisions so I guess we'll see.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

MuMark

• All American
« Reply #111 on: March 23, 2015, 11:57:50 AM »
I'm not sure I get the love for Anderson.  Good player?  Sure.  But he's small and doesn't even run the point guard on his own high school team.  If he's a high major D1 point guard he shouldn't need his own team's small forward (and best scorer - so it'd be advantageous to have Hauser off the ball) to run the point.  I just don't see it, but I'm also not getting paid $millions to make those decisions so I guess we'll see.

I don't know....he averaged 5 assists and 2 turnovers a game...shot almost 50% from 3 and 88% from the free throw line......Has played well every time I have seen him play.....http://www.wissports.net/roster_players/3640548?subseason=130924

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #112 on: March 23, 2015, 11:58:22 AM »

I think this is right. I think he could be a low major or mid major starter but he's not going to get major minutes at the high major level. Think he could be a capable backup.

MUEng92

• All American
« Reply #113 on: March 23, 2015, 12:07:23 PM »

75 straight free throws?  That sounds Novackian.

BCHoopster

• All American
« Reply #114 on: March 23, 2015, 12:19:21 PM »
Great shooter, but does he have the quickness to play point at a high major program?  I did not see it.  Perfect for GB or Milwaukee, I would be all over the kid.  Hauser different story, 6' 6"
2 guard and can play some point, as lots of tools but his height is perfect for his position.  Reminds me of the two Notre Dame guards or forwards, Vastoria and Matt C.  Needs a little strength
but that comes with maturity and time.  I can see why Wojo wants him.  A perfect Buzz switchable.

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #115 on: March 23, 2015, 12:23:02 PM »
Watched the title game.  My first time seeing Hauser and Anderson besides youtube feel good videos.  Here's my take from TOS:

If I can borrow Dodd's blender...Hauser is Kellen Dunham and Mike Bargen in a blender...quick release and great footwork...squares his feet up nicely whether spotting up, coming off a screen, or pulling up off the dribble...loved when he nailed the heat check 3...good dribbler too with the ball on a string...good passer and smart player...good basketball IQ...rebounds, defends, hustles, and block shots...surprisingly athletic...Bargen like in that regard...but with Kellen Dunham's offensive game...top 100 talent, maybe top 50...

Trevor Anderson I'm not quite sold on...the shooting release and dribbling are slower than Hauser...6-2 but I'm not sure he's a PG...had one nice hanging pass for an assist and one forced pass for a TO...knocked down a lot of wide open shots but didn't demonstrate Hauser's rise and fire ability...need further evaluation to place him at the right college level...
« Last Edit: March 23, 2015, 01:39:14 PM by Lazars Headband »

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #116 on: March 23, 2015, 12:24:23 PM »
Great shooter, but does he have the quickness to play point at a high major program?  I did not see it.  Perfect for GB or Milwaukee, I would be all over the kid.  Hauser different story, 6' 6"
2 guard and can play some point, as lots of tools but his height is perfect for his position.  Reminds me of the two Notre Dame guards or forwards, Vastoria and Matt C.  Needs a little strength
but that comes with maturity and time.  I can see why Wojo wants him.  A perfect Buzz switchable.

What's funny is Buzz would've never touched this kid, but he'd be a really good fit for Wojo (just like Riley LaChance).
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #117 on: March 23, 2015, 12:26:28 PM »
I don't know....he averaged 5 assists and 2 turnovers a game...shot almost 50% from 3 and 88% from the free throw line......Has played well every time I have seen him play.....http://www.wissports.net/roster_players/3640548?subseason=130924

Thanks for the numbers.  They are impressive.  For a reason I cannot explain I just don't know that he'll be a big contributor on a high major team.  Just the feeling I have and I could certainly be wrong.

mu-rara

• All American
« Reply #118 on: March 23, 2015, 12:33:29 PM »
Great pic of a friend's son and the Hauser boys on FB.  Can't post as it may be a compliance violation.  Also, my friend is probably rooting for the Hauser boys to be Pointers.

swoopem

• All American
« Reply #119 on: March 23, 2015, 01:00:27 PM »
Perhaps. I really haven't heard much about Winston and Wojo lately anyways, so if anyone can shed light on that recruitment it'd be great. I think Coffey and Hauser are the top priorities right now, despite the PG need.

I know that Winston is down to Michigan St, Michigan, and MU (he dropped Ohio St recently). He really likes our staff, especially likes how they each played at a high level and that they're all pretty young. Plus, with him going to U of D there are a lot of ties between there and MU.

I think a class of Winston, Coffey, and Hauser would be ideal.
Bring back FFP!!!

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #120 on: March 23, 2015, 01:04:42 PM »
Great pic of a friend's son and the Hauser boys on FB.  Can't post as it may be a compliance violation.  Also, my friend is probably rooting for the Hauser boys to be Pointers.
Mission accomplished--they indeed are pointers.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #121 on: March 23, 2015, 01:17:53 PM »
I know that Winston is down to Michigan St, Michigan, and MU (he dropped Ohio St recently). He really likes our staff, especially likes how they each played at a high level and that they're all pretty young. Plus, with him going to U of D there are a lot of ties between there and MU.

I think a class of Winston, Coffey, and Hauser would be ideal.

If Wojo can pry Winston from Izzo/Michigan State I'll be pleasantly shocked.

Earl Tatum

• All American
« Reply #122 on: March 23, 2015, 01:19:33 PM »
One PG I think is being overlooked is BRANDON KEY from West Allis Central. Pass first and shoot second. Had a nice game against
Stevens Point. Kid looks very quick and can handle the rock. Comments.

BCHoopster

• All American
« Reply #123 on: March 23, 2015, 01:21:03 PM »
I was not totally impressed with Key, was not aggressive enough, good mid-level player.

mu-rara

• All American
« Reply #124 on: March 23, 2015, 01:22:16 PM »
Mission accomplished--they indeed are pointers.
UWSP.  I should have tealed I guess.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2015, 01:29:00 PM by mu-rara »