Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by Plaque Lives Matter!
[Today at 01:02:54 AM]

45 minutes ago at the Dallas Westin by MuggsyB
[Today at 12:19:24 AM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by Plaque Lives Matter!
[Today at 12:10:57 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by CountryRoads
[Today at 12:05:42 AM]

Are we still recruiting anyone for the 24-25 season. by Don_Kojis
[Today at 12:04:21 AM]

Where is Marquette? by marqfan22
[March 28, 2024, 09:29:52 PM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Daniel
[March 28, 2024, 08:47:22 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Diamond  (Read 166853 times)

real chili 83

• All American
Re: Diamond
« Reply #450 on: March 29, 2015, 02:44:11 PM »
Is it true about Stone's dad getting a job with UA?
« Last Edit: March 29, 2015, 02:51:44 PM by real chili 83 »

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #451 on: March 29, 2015, 02:45:33 PM »
Is it true about Stone's dad getting a lob with UA?

Rumor thus far. It wouldn't shock me, but that's not usually how these things are handled.
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #452 on: March 29, 2015, 02:53:05 PM »
Is that why MU backed out?  No need to respond. PM if interested in sharing more.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #453 on: March 29, 2015, 03:05:30 PM »
I have been a bit out of the loop for a couple of days. Did Bo's daughter really call into question Stone's academics? Are her tweets still up? If so that would seem to point towards Bo being OK with her tweets. This seems in very poor taste.

The tweets are on pages 15 and 16, I posted them.  She Claims first hand knowledge of DS's recruiting and what could be taken as a racist remark about Bucky's #whitebballsucess

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #454 on: March 29, 2015, 03:09:07 PM »
I am not trolling. I am annoyed by a completely false narrative regarding graduation rates. Facts are facts.

I have no interest in talking about tonight's results.  That doesn't matter in this discussion.Only the facts matter.

refute them if you choose.

Except you keep stating falsehoods.  For instance, you state Landry graduated.  He never did.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #455 on: March 29, 2015, 03:16:16 PM »
https://twitter.com/MazosBurger

Well done Willie!  I don't even do Twitter and I found you!
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

chapman

• All American
« Reply #456 on: March 29, 2015, 03:19:50 PM »

Alls I can say is that "down home phony lonesome cowboy" better make this year's meme tournament.

Eldon

• All American
« Reply #457 on: March 29, 2015, 03:44:48 PM »

Funny, I never took Willie to be a buff Serbian dude who has a love of battleships

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #458 on: March 29, 2015, 03:55:22 PM »
Funny, I never took Willie to be a buff Serbian dude who has a love of battleships
I do dig battleships, but aircraft carriers are closes to my heart. I do not tweet, but mazo burger is obviously well informed.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #459 on: March 29, 2015, 03:58:22 PM »
I do dig battleships, but aircraft carriers are closes to my heart. I do not tweet, but mazo burger is obviously well informed.

Hah. Good effort. Multiple references to Buzz's panic room and the lonesome phony cowboy or whatever you call him. There is nobody in he world who it could be besides you. But good effort.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

chapman

• All American
« Reply #460 on: March 29, 2015, 04:08:02 PM »
If only willie were the internet meme "Grumpy Russian Traveler": http://www.buzzfeed.com/copyranter/the-worlds-grumpiest-traveler#.lcRBq7zgGN

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #461 on: March 29, 2015, 04:19:39 PM »
Hah. Good effort. Multiple references to Buzz's panic room and the lonesome phony cowboy or whatever you call him. There is nobody in he world who it could be besides you. But good effort.
This.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #462 on: March 29, 2015, 04:24:44 PM »

Willie, if that were me, *I* would claim it in a New York minute.  That is really awesome.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #463 on: March 29, 2015, 04:50:43 PM »

Really, how else could you describe willie??

dmjt4160

• Walk-On
« Reply #464 on: March 29, 2015, 05:04:45 PM »
Is it true about Stone's dad getting a job with UA?

No, just people on the internet starting rumors and claiming they know things, because its the internet and they can.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #465 on: March 29, 2015, 05:07:08 PM »
No, just people on the internet starting rumors and claiming they know things, because its the internet and they can.

Watch which shoe company Stone signs with in about 12 months.

dmjt4160

• Walk-On
« Reply #466 on: March 29, 2015, 05:18:15 PM »
Watch which shoe company Stone signs with in about 12 months.

So? Your comment is pretty much exactly what I am talking about, people just don't understand how things work but they can be lazy and attempt to connect dots and create storylines. Somehow "shoes" only seem to exist when Maryland is involved when a high school prospect that plays for an Under Armour team. Never a story otherwise for some reason. Probably because the easy/lazy narrative isn't there.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #467 on: March 29, 2015, 05:31:03 PM »
So? Your comment is pretty much exactly what I am talking about, people just don't understand how things work but they can be lazy and attempt to connect dots and create storylines. Somehow "shoes" only seem to exist when Maryland is involved when a high school prospect that plays for an Under Armour team. Never a story otherwise for some reason. Probably because the easy/lazy narrative isn't there.

So you're a Maryland fan. You will have a good team next year. 

Between Maryland being a top competitor next year, and Stone's pending shoe contract, it's no surprise. 

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #468 on: March 29, 2015, 05:49:30 PM »

That's not true at all. Not close. You think shoe companies aren't part of Kentucky's recruiting? You think UCLA hasn't benefited from adidas despite marginal on court results? You think Emmanuel Mudiay initially committing to SMU was coincidence?

It's not just Maryland. It's everywhere across college basketball. Just because you benefit from a shoe company sponsorship doesn't make you unique. There's nothing technically illegal about it. Look at who top recruits play AAU for, look where they commit, believe me, you'll find the connections easy enough.
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #469 on: March 29, 2015, 05:59:48 PM »
Shoe companies have been pulling strings behind the scenes on college basketball and recruiting for 30+ years (thank you, Sonny Vaccaro).
None of this is new or remotely surprising.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #470 on: March 29, 2015, 06:13:42 PM »

You don't pay enough attention then.  Many top level players sign with schools with shoe companies that also sponsor their AAU team - and then go sign with that shoe company in the pros.  It isn't "lazy."  It's accurate.

Now did Stone's dad get a job out of it?  Doubtful.  However, I have no doubt that the AAU and Maryland being sponsored by UA isn't a coincidence. 

TeamOh

• Walk-On
« Reply #471 on: March 29, 2015, 07:11:17 PM »

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #472 on: March 29, 2015, 11:15:06 PM »
Did Diamond's father Bob just take a shot at Bo? (highlighted below)

Diamond Stone chooses Maryland

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/preps/diamond-stone-chooses-maryland-b99470549z1-297856071.html

Diamond Stone had made up his mind.

On Friday the Dominican High School senior told his father, Bob, that he'd decided where he wanted to play his college basketball. Bob Stone suggested his son sleep on it, but Diamond said he was sure. Bob Stone asked his son if he wanted to make the announcement at school in front of his classmates, but Diamond wasn't interested.

"He didn't want none of the fanfare; he just wanted to make his decision and he was emphatic," Bob Stone said. "I always told him we picked four real good schools (as finalists), and I always told him that whatever school you pick I'll be supportive."

And so at 7:30 p.m. Friday, Diamond Stone took to his Twitter account (All Eyes on Me@Diamond_Stone33) and sent the following:

I Am Committing To The University Of Maryland #Terps.

And then, according to Bob Stone, Diamond went to hang out with his friends and wasn't available for comment. On Saturday, he heads to Chicago to take part in the McDonald's All-American game festivities.

Stone's final four schools also included Wisconsin, Connecticut and Oklahoma State. He can make his commitment binding during the spring signing period, which begins April 15.

The announcement ends the recruitment of one of the best prep players the state has produced, a two-time gold medalist with USA Basketball who led Dominican to its fourth straight Division 4 state title last week.

He averaged 24.6 points, 11.9 rebounds, three blocks and 1.4 assists per game for the Knights, who finished 25-3.

For the Badgers, the announcement marked another time when they've come close to oh-so-close to getting a commitment from an elite prospect from the area. Last year, McDonald's All-American Kevon Looney (Milwaukee Hamilton) chose UCLA, and three years ago, Menomonee Falls' J.P. Tokoto chose North Carolina.

There has been some speculation that academic reasons would keep Stone from UW, an assertion that Bob Stone denied.

"As of tonight until Diamond told me he was going to make his decision, UW was still on the table," Bob Stone said. "They were in full effect."

Diamond Stone's ranks as the No. 4 prospect in the nation for the 2015 class, according to scout.com. Rivals.com has him ranked sixth and ESPN seventh in the class.

All those sites list Stone as a center, but his father, who has guided his development, thinks he can play power forward.

"He can face up and he can make a couple of dribbles and finish and he can post up, so I think they'll probably play him at a four," Bob Stone said.

At Maryland, Diamond Stone will play for Mark Turgeon, who just completed his fourth season, and he'll play with a team that is expected to return former McDonald's All-American Melo Trimble.

"He seems to have an affection for his players," Bob Stone said of Turgeon. "He's a laid back guy. He's not all that flamboyant. He seems to connect very well with his players. We watched him with Melo Trimble, and he let Melo Trimble play through some mistakes.

"We went there. Nice campus, great area. They have a good team coming back."

Bob Stone declined to say much about his son's recruitment by Wisconsin or any of the other finalists.

"I'm not getting into anything about any of the coaches or any of the schools because I love them, and I know people will try to pick what you say apart and read between the lines," he said.

"I don't want anything I say misconstrued or used as a negative because Bo (Ryan) is a great guy; he has a great program. He's going to be playing on TV tomorrow in the Elite Eight....Diamond just decided to go somewhere else."

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #473 on: March 29, 2015, 11:29:11 PM »
Trolls from the Maryland board are on the badger board saying UMD has a harder admission standard than Bucky and UMD has higher overall SAT among incoming freshman (1310 v 1280).

They are contending, like Diamond's dad above, that he qualified for both schools and picked the program that better suited him.

Let me come back to the issue that everyone dances around.  "Inner city kids" are told by their peers that Bucky is a "white program" which is why Bucky perceptually finishes second among inner city kids.

That is why the 0% black graduation rate and Bo daughter Breena tweet calling Bucky's win "#whitebballsucess can really hurt him Bo in the long run trying to get inner city kids. It cements the belief that Bucky is not a place for black players.

(For Brandx ... if I or any anonymous person notes Bucky as a "white team" it is essentially meaningless.  But when the coaches daughter to tweet it out, that "sticks.")

KenoshaWarrior

• All American
« Reply #474 on: March 30, 2015, 09:50:19 AM »
Trolls from the Maryland board are on the badger board saying UMD has a harder admission standard than Bucky and UMD has higher overall SAT among incoming freshman (1310 v 1280).

They are contending, like Diamond's dad above, that he qualified for both schools and picked the program that better suited him.

Let me come back to the issue that everyone dances around.  "Inner city kids" are told by their peers that Bucky is a "white program" which is why Bucky perceptually finishes second among inner city kids.

That is why the 0% black graduation rate and Bo daughter Breena tweet calling Bucky's win "#whitebballsucess can really hurt him Bo in the long run trying to get inner city kids. It cements the belief that Bucky is not a place for black players.

(For Brandx ... if I or any anonymous person notes Bucky as a "white team" it is essentially meaningless.  But when the coaches daughter to tweet it out, that "sticks.")

Exactly the case.