[Today at 01:58:18 PM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by MU82
[Today at 01:55:49 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by MU82
[Today at 01:49:43 PM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Galway Eagle
[Today at 01:20:04 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Diamond  (Read 166839 times)

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
Re: Diamond
« Reply #325 on: March 27, 2015, 08:34:03 PM »
Check out @DougRussell's Tweet: https://twitter.com/DougRussell/status/581618655366160384?s=09

Read the responses too

Denial.  No surprise.

VegasWarrior77

• All American
« Reply #326 on: March 27, 2015, 08:35:02 PM »
Mitch Nelles ‏@mitchnelles  50m50 minutes ago
AMEN "@RDTopp: People tweeting nastiness at a high school kid over a commitment to not-their-school are disgusting. STOP IT. #Badgers"
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." Albert Einstein

chapman

• All American
« Reply #327 on: March 27, 2015, 08:36:43 PM »
The Crystal Ball broke on that one.  Only 3/28 (11%).  May the Wildcats have the strength to make the weekend a miserable one.

VegasWarrior77

• All American
« Reply #328 on: March 27, 2015, 08:54:27 PM »
MKE Urinal had a brief blip with picture.  There were 14 comments and about 12 of them centered on the fact that DS didn't qualify for UW but Maryland was willing to let him in.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." Albert Einstein

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #329 on: March 27, 2015, 08:57:22 PM »
The Crystal Ball broke on that one.  Only 3/28 (11%).  May the Wildcats have the strength to make the weekend a miserable one.

Lol. Cristal bowel is mostly little kids playing a game where u take public knowledge & go with it. Just a dumb marketing tool
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #330 on: March 27, 2015, 09:06:27 PM »
Adidas out of NBA to be replaced by...funny how that works.

Freeport Warrior

• All American
« Reply #331 on: March 27, 2015, 09:08:45 PM »
A little removed from the AAU scene, but what is the effect of the shoe companies? I've definitely heard the connections before (and Pitino's whining), but don't know how it influences. Thanks all, and happy with this pick!!
Under Armour's president and founder is Maryland alum and huge donor Kevin Plank. Under Armour has funded Diamond's team, Young Legends for many years. Don't know the regulations, but they had the most gear of any AAU team I had ever seen. I believe they can pay for travel, hotels, etc. too.  Diamond's trainer is Deshawn Curtis, and he runs a bunch of other YL teams. Under Armour supplies all of those teams too which I always thought was weird. The YL teams other than Diamond's are average at best (but they are run by Curtis). Most sponsors like UA, Jordan, Adidas, only sponsor teams that have big-name players, so them sponsoring Diamond always made sense. But Diamond was always the showcase player -- his dad surrounded him with good players, but not D1 guys. Most were his friends growing up through bball. I know Ray Allen Select approached him to play up with LaChance, Timmer and Ellingson early on (that would have been an unstoppable team). I also know Playground with guys like Ellenson, NN, Cohen and others recruited him forever.  Same with Looney, Tre Jefferson and Rebels. I had always heard "his team" wanted Diamond to be "the man" and weren't interested in teams with other major stars. On a totally random note, Deshawn Curtis also trained our recruit Ahmed Hill for a little while. So, so happy he signed with Maryland! I saw Trimble on a draft board somewhere around #20, would be funny if he left.  I saw someone say earlier that WI isn't going to make the tourney next year without Stone -- good one.

The Process

• All American
« Reply #332 on: March 27, 2015, 09:09:56 PM »
So many Bucky fans still think he didn't qualify.

I thoroughly enjoy watching this unfold.
Relax. Respect the Process.

MuMark

• All American
« Reply #333 on: March 27, 2015, 09:12:49 PM »
Under Armour's president and founder is Maryland alum and huge donor Kevin Plank. Under Armour has funded Diamond's team, Young Legends for many years. Don't know the regulations, but they had the most gear of any AAU team I had ever seen. I believe they can pay for travel, hotels, etc. too.  Diamond's trainer is Deshawn Curtis, and he runs a bunch of other YL teams. Under Armour supplies all of those teams too which I always thought was weird. The YL teams other than Diamond's are average at best (but they are run by Curtis). Most sponsors like UA, Jordan, Adidas, only sponsor teams that have big-name players, so them sponsoring Diamond always made sense. But Diamond was always the showcase player -- his dad surrounded him with good players, but not D1 guys. Most were his friends growing up through bball. I know Ray Allen Select approached him to play up with LaChance, Timmer and Ellingson early on (that would have been an unstoppable team). I also know Playground with guys like Ellenson, NN, Cohen and others recruited him forever.  Same with Looney, Tre Jefferson and Rebels. I had always heard "his team" wanted Diamond to be "the man" and weren't interested in teams with other major stars. On a totally random note, Deshawn Curtis also trained our recruit Ahmed Hill for a little while. So, so happy he signed with Maryland! I saw Trimble on a draft board somewhere around #20, would be funny if he left.  I saw someone say earlier that WI isn't going to make the tourney next year without Stone -- good one.

Trimble has already announced he is returning

Groin_pull

• All American
« Reply #334 on: March 27, 2015, 09:17:46 PM »

Hahaha. That would be the same UW with a 40% graduation rate, right? Just checking.

Freeport Warrior

• All American
« Reply #335 on: March 27, 2015, 09:18:17 PM »
Trimble has already announced he is returning
thx. did not know that. does this mean Malik Newman to Maryland too?

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #336 on: March 27, 2015, 09:30:06 PM »
UW all of a sudden on a Saturday during the State Tourney admitted Diamond.  Coincidence to this?   http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/12493645/adidas-pursue-extension-nba-apparel-deal

IUA, IUA!!!!

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #337 on: March 27, 2015, 09:33:05 PM »

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #338 on: March 27, 2015, 09:37:12 PM »
Bo's daughter weighs in... https://twitter.com/BrenkRyan/status/581622100076716032?s=09

Twitter handle:  "Smell my finger", a'nia?  No kidding.

Groin_pull

• All American
« Reply #339 on: March 27, 2015, 09:38:18 PM »
Bo's daughter weighs in... https://twitter.com/BrenkRyan/status/581622100076716032?s=09

Vadgers just love to perpetuate that myth. What a delusional group.

MUSF

• All American
« Reply #340 on: March 27, 2015, 09:44:22 PM »

Many of them will never be convinced otherwise. At some point that hack Potrykus will weigh in and "confirm" their myth. 

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #341 on: March 27, 2015, 09:48:35 PM »
Many of them will never be convinced otherwise. At some point that hack Potrykus will weigh in and "confirm" their myth. 

Even Erik the Red said Stone was accepted. Just denial now to say otherwise.

Was it academic? Maybe. As in, maybe Stone saw UW's graduation rate for black athletes and decided his ACT was too good to go there...
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

Earl Tatum

• All American
« Reply #342 on: March 27, 2015, 09:49:52 PM »
WOULD HAVE BEEN NICE TO HAVE DIAMOND STONE, KEVON LOONEY, JAMEEL McKAY, RILEY LaCHANCE, AND NOSKOWIAK IN
MU UNIS. JUST DREAMIN'

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #343 on: March 27, 2015, 09:52:46 PM »
WOULD HAVE BEEN NICE TO HAVE DIAMOND STONE, KEVON LOONEY, JAMEEL McKAY, RILEY LaCHANCE, AND NOSKOWIAK IN
MU UNIS. JUST DREAMIN'

And NO Henry? Anim? Carter? Cheatham?

smdh
SS Marquette

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #344 on: March 27, 2015, 09:56:11 PM »
MU UNIS. JUST DREAMIN'

Not possible all at the same time.  looney go to the NBA this year and had McKay stayed he would have been done this year.

VegasWarrior77

• All American
« Reply #345 on: March 27, 2015, 10:05:56 PM »
http://www.wissports.net/news_article/show/496870?referrer_id=519407
Diamond Stone announces commitment to Maryland
03/27/2015, 7:30pm CDT By Mark Miller

Diamond Stone
Dominican senior Diamond Stone announced his collegiate commitment to Maryland tonight via Twitter.

One of the top-rated players to ever come out of the state, Stone selected the Terrapins over a final four that consisted of Wisconsin, Connecticut and Oklahoma State.

A McDonald's All-American and co-Mr. Basketball award winner along with Henry Ellenson of Rice Lake, Stone had reportedly narrowed his choices in recent weeks to Maryland and Wisconsin, rivals in the Big Ten Conference.

Stone is a 6-foot-10 post player who is ranked No. 7 nationally in the class of 2015 by ESPN. He recently joined Randolph's Ryan Tillema as the only players in state history to start on four consecutive state-championship teams.

Stone and his teammates from Dominican defeated Mineral Point last Saturday to capture the WIAA Division 4 state title for the fourth straight season.

"Diamond has really progressed over the last four years," Dominican coach Derek Berger said. "His body matured over this time and that is due to his hard work in the off-season. Diamond's skill set has blossomed in this time as well.

"As a freshman, he was mostly drop steps and half hooks, and now as a senior, he is making every move and shot possible on the court. His ability to attack the rim from the top of the key is a great asset for him. Diamond's passing is a strength as well. He can make the full-length outlet pass, pass out of double and triple teams and pass off the dribble."

A dominant player in the post, Stone averaged 24.4 points and 11.7 rebounds per game as a senior while leading Dominican to a 25-3 record and the title in the Metro Classic Conference. He also averaged just over three blocked shots per contest.

"Diamond going to Maryland will be a great fit," Berger said. "Maryland does an outstanding job of producing quality bigs. Diamond will be able to play right away and learn from an incredible coaching staff. I have been blessed to coach him in high school, and I look forward to seeing him continue to develop with his time at Maryland."

Stone is the 11th player in the state in the class of 2015 to commit to a NCAA Division I school. He joins Ellenson (Marquette), Neenah's Matt Heldt (Marquette), De Pere's Brevin Pritzl (Wisconsin), Regis' Billy Wampler (Drake), Pius XI's Levi Bradley (Northern Illinois), West De Pere's Cody Schwartz (San Jose State), Stoughton's Nick McGlynn (Drake), Homestead's Jaylen Key (Northern Illinois), Pacelli's James Gollon (Ohio) and Wausau East's Dylan Hamlin (Army).

eg021

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #346 on: March 27, 2015, 10:11:12 PM »
Great news, looking forward to Maryland beating Wisconsin again.

chapman

• All American
« Reply #347 on: March 27, 2015, 10:26:36 PM »
MU UNIS. JUST DREAMIN'

None could get accepted into MU, the Yale of the Midwest.  Even though one did, and one is at Vanderbilt.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #348 on: March 27, 2015, 10:28:46 PM »

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #349 on: March 27, 2015, 10:45:27 PM »

feedback