[Today at 12:29:26 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by rocky_warrior
[Today at 12:26:02 PM]

2024-25 Outlook by Big Papi
[Today at 09:34:04 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[April 23, 2024, 09:23:41 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Diamond  (Read 167827 times)

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
Re: Diamond
« Reply #250 on: March 25, 2015, 09:57:09 AM »
Yeah, cuz Iowa St never loses a scrimmage to K-state. 

Blast from the past, nice.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

mu-rara

• All American
« Reply #251 on: March 25, 2015, 11:00:23 AM »
Diamond going to Wisconsin is the final nail in the coffin for Marquette basketball.   4 years ago this team was headed to the stratosphere, than when Buzz left everything went to poop and UW is headed to back to back to back national championship with Stone, Decker, and Hayes, and than whoever else comes in after Decker leaves (Chances are they will be big time recruits that do not want to attend Marquette anymore)

Wojo better get to a final 4 and get to one fast before UW laps us again.   The fact that a city of Milwaukee kid of Color wants to play with UW shows how far we have fallen.

And in regards to Ellenson.  Everyone is telling me that he is overrated and will get beaten up when Diamond plays them. 
we are doomed.  Looks like I am going to start cheering for Iowa State
Teal?  What, You're serious?

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #252 on: March 25, 2015, 11:10:40 AM »
The last time Bucky went to the Final Four (2000), we were there 3 years later. 

The last time they won the Big Ten (2008), 3 years later we started a 3 year streak in at least the S16.

Their success has never precluded ours.

I swear Wisconsin went to a FF last year (2014). Our run started this year, 3 more years Sweet 16!

eg021

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #253 on: March 25, 2015, 12:20:58 PM »
I got the impression Diamond wanted to be a one and done guy.

I don't see that happening under Bo. A true 5 man handling the ball on the perimeter of the swing will be interesting to see.

I thought Duane and him were best friends at some point...

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #254 on: March 25, 2015, 12:36:24 PM »
I got the impression Diamond wanted to be a one and done guy.

I don't see that happening under Bo. A true 5 man handling the ball on the perimeter of the swing will be interesting to see.

I thought Duane and him were best friends at some point...

They actually dont really like eachother.

Marquette_g

• All American
  • Gonna Get Some Cold Cuts Today
« Reply #255 on: March 25, 2015, 01:00:17 PM »
Diamond going to Wisconsin is the final nail in the coffin for Marquette basketball.   4 years ago this team was headed to the stratosphere, than when Buzz left everything went to poop and UW is headed to back to back to back national championship with Stone, Decker, and Hayes, and than whoever else comes in after Decker leaves (Chances are they will be big time recruits that do not want to attend Marquette anymore)

Wojo better get to a final 4 and get to one fast before UW laps us again.   The fact that a city of Milwaukee kid of Color wants to play with UW shows how far we have fallen.

And in regards to Ellenson.  Everyone is telling me that he is overrated and will get beaten up when Diamond plays them. 

MuMark

• All American
« Reply #256 on: March 25, 2015, 01:42:13 PM »
How is Dekker going to lead them to a NC when he in all likelihood is turning pro?

amen426

• Starter
« Reply #257 on: March 25, 2015, 01:54:06 PM »

Buzz wanted Dekker.  Dekker just committed very early for UW.

I spoke with Sams brother a few times about this. Buzz showed no interest prior to his committment at UW.

Dekker did commit early (after his sophomore season), but Buzz made no visits to Sheboygan / made no offer.

I'm not sure how you can say "Buzz wanted Dekker".

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #258 on: March 25, 2015, 01:57:56 PM »
I spoke with Sams brother a few times about this. Buzz showed no interest prior to his committment at UW.

Dekker did commit early (after his sophomore season), but Buzz made no visits to Sheboygan / made no offer.

That is contrary to what I heard in that Sam made it clear he wanted to go to UW early on.  But you talked to someone closer than I have so I have no reason to doubt you.

MattyWarrior

• All American
« Reply #259 on: March 25, 2015, 07:34:48 PM »
The sky is not falling, worry about our team not the unbearable one to the north. Take the summer off and we'll pick it up in September and see where we're at. I have confidence in the new MUBB,give coach and staff a chance to mesh all the pieces
together and develop. Buzz was good till he ran it into the ground for whatever reasons you want to name.

Wojo Era

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #260 on: March 25, 2015, 07:40:10 PM »
The sky is not falling, worry about our team not the unbearable one to the north. Take the summer off and we'll pick it up in September and see where we're at. I have confidence in the new MUBB,give coach and staff a chance to mesh all the pieces
together and develop. Buzz was good till he ran it into the ground for whatever reasons you want to name.

What does UWGB have to do with this? :)

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #261 on: March 25, 2015, 07:59:38 PM »

Classic Chicago.

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #262 on: March 25, 2015, 09:08:45 PM »
They actually dont really like eachother.

This is not true at all.

It may be true that their parents do not always see eye to eye but Duane and Diamond are friends.
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #263 on: March 25, 2015, 09:20:59 PM »

Nate, better put the bong away for a while.

MU Buff

• Starter
« Reply #264 on: March 26, 2015, 12:15:05 AM »
This is not true at all.

It may be true that their parents do not always see eye to eye but Duane and Diamond are friends.

I don't know either of them personally but from what I've heard, I agree. Duane has been supportive of Diamond and he would have no reason to fake it considering they aren't teammates anymore and Stone is not going to Marquette.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #265 on: March 26, 2015, 06:57:31 AM »
This is not true at all.

I'd also echo this. Diamond may not have played for DuWil Sr in AAU, but I've heard he does have a good relationship with Duane Jr.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Stretchdeltsig

• All American
« Reply #266 on: March 26, 2015, 07:17:24 AM »
So why doesn't he team up with Duane at Marquette?

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #267 on: March 26, 2015, 07:18:19 AM »

Maybe that decision isn't Diamond's to make.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #268 on: March 26, 2015, 08:23:54 AM »

Did you go to the same college that your very best friend from high school did? I know I didn't.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

avid1010

• All American
« Reply #269 on: March 26, 2015, 09:00:53 AM »

Buzz wanted Dekker.  Dekker just committed very early for UW.

100% false.  dekker committed early...but buzz never made contact.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #270 on: March 26, 2015, 11:16:04 AM »

Wow, you have one diamond hard, hard on for a particular HS basketball player.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #271 on: March 26, 2015, 05:04:02 PM »

Typical of Buzz the Numbnuts!
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #272 on: March 27, 2015, 07:10:19 PM »
FWIW Diamond Stone tweeted that he will be committing tonight at 7:30 on Twitter.

wardle2wade

• All American
« Reply #273 on: March 27, 2015, 07:10:44 PM »
Diamond Stone just said he's announcing his school on twitter in 20 minutes... 730 cst.

Roy Schmidt says he thinks it's the badgers. #donedeal?

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #274 on: March 27, 2015, 07:13:12 PM »
What no hat dance and presser at Donimnican?  Why do it Friday night on Twitter when the basketball world is watching the S16.

Strange

feedback