Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by Plaque Lives Matter!
[Today at 01:02:54 AM]

45 minutes ago at the Dallas Westin by MuggsyB
[Today at 12:19:24 AM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by Plaque Lives Matter!
[Today at 12:10:57 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by CountryRoads
[Today at 12:05:42 AM]

Are we still recruiting anyone for the 24-25 season. by Don_Kojis
[Today at 12:04:21 AM]

Where is Marquette? by marqfan22
[March 28, 2024, 09:29:52 PM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Daniel
[March 28, 2024, 08:47:22 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Diamond  (Read 166852 times)

wadesworld

• All American
Re: Diamond
« Reply #225 on: March 24, 2015, 05:06:12 PM »
I am unhappy to report that WI is all I have been hearing during the last month. No mention of anything else other than "I heard he qualified" from everyone and his brother. If he joins them, they are going to be pretty tough next year even without Dekker coming back. They have a kid who is redshirting — Happ — who by all accounts has been killing it in practice against their first team. With Koenig and Hayes (would love to see him leave early), that is a nice line-up. I am still hoping for a UConn or Maryland miracle. Anywhere but UW.
That made me LOL. Kowske is one of the nicest guys around (other than being a Badger). A few years ago, I was in the Wrigley bleachers with him and a few others. We were just drinking beers during batting practice and some Cub launches one to left field. Kowske keeps his beer in one hand and bare hands the home run like a Venus fly trap and throws it back on to the field like nothing happened. (Yes, Warriors and Badgers can get along.)

Have also heard Diamond to UW for a while now too.  I would guess we would hear either this week or whenever the Badgers' season ends.

I don't see many similarities to their games. Why do you think Stone is a perfect fit to provide the versatility inside/out that Kaminsky does?

I'm guessing he just meant that they lose 1 star center but gain another.  And while I agree, their games are nothing alike, Stone did make 4 3 pointers in the only close game they played in the WIAA State Playoffs (vs. Racine St. Cat's).

However, from what I am hearing, UW's offense...system...may not be the same offense...system...that it is today by the start of next year.  If you get my hint...
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

brandx

« Reply #226 on: March 24, 2015, 05:12:03 PM »
Diamond going to Wisconsin is the final nail in the coffin for Marquette basketball.   4 years ago this team was headed to the stratosphere, than when Buzz left everything went to poop and UW is headed to back to back to back national championship with Stone, Decker, and Hayes, and than whoever else comes in after Decker leaves (Chances are they will be big time recruits that do not want to attend Marquette anymore)

Wojo better get to a final 4 and get to one fast before UW laps us again.   The fact that a city of Milwaukee kid of Color wants to play with UW shows how far we have fallen.

And in regards to Ellenson.  Everyone is telling me that he is overrated and will get beaten up when Diamond plays them. 
we are doomed.  Looks like I am going to start cheering for Iowa State

See ya'

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #227 on: March 24, 2015, 05:12:22 PM »
Have also heard Diamond to UW for a while now too.  I would guess we would hear either this week or whenever the Badgers' season ends.

I'm guessing he just meant that they lose 1 star center but gain another.  And while I agree, their games are nothing alike, Stone did make 4 3 pointers in the only close game they played in the WIAA State Playoffs (vs. Racine St. Cat's).

However, from what I am hearing, UW's offense...system...may not be the same offense...system...that it is today by the start of next year.  If you get my hint...

If your hint is what I think it is...man oh man.

WarriorPride68

• All American
« Reply #228 on: March 24, 2015, 05:17:44 PM »

Bo Ryan to MU?

🏀

• All American
« Reply #229 on: March 24, 2015, 05:18:16 PM »

Regardless of the hint, any replacement would most certainly run the Swing.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #230 on: March 24, 2015, 05:39:20 PM »
Regardless of the hint, any replacement would most certainly run the Swing.

This is true.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #231 on: March 24, 2015, 05:45:18 PM »
Diamond going to Wisconsin is the final nail in the coffin for Marquette basketball.   4 years ago this team was headed to the stratosphere, than when Buzz left everything went to poop and UW is headed to back to back to back national championship with Stone, Decker, and Hayes, and than whoever else comes in after Decker leaves (Chances are they will be big time recruits that do not want to attend Marquette anymore)

Wojo better get to a final 4 and get to one fast before UW laps us again.   The fact that a city of Milwaukee kid of Color wants to play with UW shows how far we have fallen.

And in regards to Ellenson.  Everyone is telling me that he is overrated and will get beaten up when Diamond plays them. 

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #232 on: March 24, 2015, 05:49:38 PM »
Diamond going to Wisconsin is the final nail in the coffin for Marquette basketball.   4 years ago this team was headed to the stratosphere, than when Buzz left everything went to poop and UW is headed to back to back to back national championship with Stone, Decker, and Hayes, and than whoever else comes in after Decker leaves (Chances are they will be big time recruits that do not want to attend Marquette anymore)

Wojo better get to a final 4 and get to one fast before UW laps us again.   The fact that a city of Milwaukee kid of Color wants to play with UW shows how far we have fallen.

And in regards to Ellenson.  Everyone is telling me that he is overrated and will get beaten up when Diamond plays them.  
we are doomed.  Looks like I am going to start cheering for Iowa State

I guess being way down in Kenosha, you missed this.

Marcus Landry (born November 1, 1985) is an American professional basketball player. Landry attended Vincent High School in Milwaukee, Wisconsin and played his college basketball at the University of Wisconsin from 2005 to 2009.

I'm thinking that we were actually doomed then, and now we're double secret doomed.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2015, 05:52:58 PM by LittleWade »
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #233 on: March 24, 2015, 05:58:54 PM »

Congratulations on clinching the title of No. 1 Douchebag of Scoopland!!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #234 on: March 24, 2015, 06:02:40 PM »
I guess being way down in Kenosha, you missed this.

Marcus Landry (born November 1, 1985) is an American professional basketball player. Landry attended Vincent High School in Milwaukee, Wisconsin and played his college basketball at the University of Wisconsin from 2005 to 2009.

I'm thinking that we were actually doomed then, and now we're double secret doomed.

Not to mention Ray Nixon, Boo Wade, Devin Harris (close enough), Freddie Owens, etc.

naginiF

• All American
  • 'and the riot be the rhyme of the unheard'
« Reply #235 on: March 24, 2015, 07:34:00 PM »
Congratulations on clinching the title of No. 1 Douchebag of Scoopland!!
it's the than vs. then and the 'C' in color that clinches the #1 status for him above and beyond the obvious trolling.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #236 on: March 24, 2015, 08:31:30 PM »
Close to home, going to a school with a tremendous amount of success over the last 15 years including two of the most dominant years in their programs history (this and last season). He could do worse.

And choosing a school that doesn't care about graduating it's players...according to APR. Makes total sense.

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #237 on: March 24, 2015, 08:43:53 PM »
Diamond going to Wisconsin is the final nail in the coffin for Marquette basketball.   4 years ago this team was headed to the stratosphere, than when Buzz left everything went to poop and UW is headed to back to back to back national championship with Stone, Decker, and Hayes, and than whoever else comes in after Decker leaves (Chances are they will be big time recruits that do not want to attend Marquette anymore)

Wojo better get to a final 4 and get to one fast before UW laps us again.   The fact that a city of Milwaukee kid of Color wants to play with UW shows how far we have fallen.

And in regards to Ellenson.  Everyone is telling me that he is overrated and will get beaten up when Diamond plays them.  
we are doomed.  Looks like I am going to start cheering for Iowa State

Starving for attention?  Drunk at 4:40 on a Tuesday afternoon?  Both?  

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #238 on: March 24, 2015, 08:49:35 PM »

Looks like I am going to start cheering for Iowa State

Say hi to the K-Mart checkout girl when you go to get your fan gear.

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #239 on: March 24, 2015, 09:01:54 PM »
The last time Bucky went to the Final Four (2000), we were there 3 years later. 

The last time they won the Big Ten (2008), 3 years later we started a 3 year streak in at least the S16.

Their success has never precluded ours.
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

The Process

• All American
« Reply #240 on: March 24, 2015, 09:07:43 PM »

I'd love to tell you to "relax" and "respect the process," but it is clear that you are incapable of either.
Relax. Respect the Process.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #241 on: March 24, 2015, 10:28:28 PM »

Hmm... interesting. Approaching this with Garded optimism.

VegasWarrior77

• All American
« Reply #242 on: March 24, 2015, 10:30:21 PM »

Well played!
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." Albert Einstein

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #243 on: March 24, 2015, 10:33:09 PM »
The last time Bucky went to the Final Four (2000), we were there 3 years later. 

The last time they won the Big Ten (2008), 3 years later we started a 3 year streak in at least the S16.

Their success has never precluded ours.

+1

Just like the DePaul discussion, their is no basis for this "Zero sum" mentality that if one is good it takes away from the MU.

If anything, having good strong rivals helps.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #244 on: March 24, 2015, 10:48:51 PM »

Yeah, cuz Iowa St never loses a scrimmage to K-state. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #245 on: March 24, 2015, 10:51:57 PM »
All Wisconsin's success does is make their fans more unbearable than they already are. Outside of that, their success doesn't have much of an effect on MU. Rarely are they locked in recruiting battles anymore.

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #246 on: March 24, 2015, 10:57:14 PM »

I think a new system there could be BARRY interesting.

Wouldn't that be the ultimate Barry move, stepping in once again to save the day, for the seniors, of course.
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #247 on: March 24, 2015, 11:53:53 PM »
All Wisconsin's success does is make their fans more unbearable than they already are. Outside of that, their success doesn't have much of an effect on MU. Rarely are they locked in recruiting battles anymore.

That could change. Bo would have loved Ellenson but never had a chance. I find it unlikely that Wojo would have passed on guys like Dekker and LaChance that seem to fit Bo's system but Buzz for whatever reason didn't want. In the coming years, the Hauser brothers, Anderson, and Nobal Days could all end up having both Marquette and UW as suitors.
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #248 on: March 25, 2015, 08:28:23 AM »
it's the than vs. then and the 'C' in color that clinches the #1 status for him above and beyond the obvious trolling.

Its okay tho cuz his a teacher in an urban area with Colored students. He nose how it reallyest iz.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #249 on: March 25, 2015, 08:40:39 AM »
That could change. Bo would have loved Ellenson but never had a chance. I find it unlikely that Wojo would have passed on guys like Dekker and LaChance that seem to fit Bo's system but Buzz for whatever reason didn't want. In the coming years, the Hauser brothers, Anderson, and Nobal Days could all end up having both Marquette and UW as suitors.

Buzz wanted Dekker.  Dekker just committed very early for UW.