[Today at 05:29:26 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[Today at 05:04:53 PM]

2024 Mock Drafts by Uncle Rico
[Today at 04:46:35 PM]

NIL Future by MU82
[Today at 03:21:43 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Darrell Riley--North Division  (Read 6818 times)

We R Final Four

• All American
Darrell Riley--North Division
« on: March 06, 2015, 02:18:48 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndjreQeww_k

Milwaukee City Conference POY.  Ave. 38 pts/game. 3.6 GPA.  Put up 46 on HOF coach Jim Gosz.

On the local am sports radio this am, they had DR's coach on.  He said the kid goes to the YMCA after his games on Friday night and works on his game.  Interest from Marquette, Wisconsin, Iowa and Iowa St. but no offers.

DR is small 5'9".  For those in the know...............thoughts?  Backup plan?  Is it his height that is keeping him from a D1 schollie?

Warrior1969

• Team Captain
Re: Darrell Riley--North Division
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2015, 02:38:19 PM »
Pg?  Sign him up!!

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2015, 02:42:36 PM »
Not sure he's a high-major player. If Carter commits, there are only 2 scholarships left. My guess is Wojo won't use either of them on a freshman.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2015, 02:42:52 PM »

Milwaukee City Conference POY.  Ave. 38 pts/game. 3.6 GPA.  Put up 46 on HOF coach Jim Gosz.

On the local am sports radio this am, they had DR's coach on.  He said the kid goes to the YMCA after his games on Friday night and works on his game.  Interest from Marquette, Wisconsin, Iowa and Iowa St. but no offers.

DR is small 5'9".  For those in the know...............thoughts?  Backup plan?  Is it his height that is keeping him from a D1 schollie?

There is no way that kid is 5'9". 5'6" tops. I'm 5'10" and thin and I would look like a giant next to that kid. He looks like a 7th grader. I hope he gets some college looks, but I don't see it being anywhere near the D1 level.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2015, 04:32:00 PM »

Nic Moore of SMU is listed by SMU at 5'9".
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2015, 05:42:10 PM »
Nic Moore of SMU is listed by SMU at 5'9".

And he is not 5'9"

Marquette Fan in WI

• Starter
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2015, 09:12:46 PM »

What year is he in school?

Skitch

• All American
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2015, 09:48:10 PM »
Speaking of guys who aren't exactly scraping the ceiling, does anyone know how tall Keifer Sykes is?  He is listed at 6' but I have a really hard time believing that.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2015, 09:53:54 PM »

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2015, 11:16:52 PM »
There is no way that kid is 5'9". 5'6" tops. I'm 5'10" and thin and I would look like a giant next to that kid. He looks like a 7th grader. I hope he gets some college looks, but I don't see it being anywhere near the D1 level.

Monte Towe

Death on call

Stretchdeltsig

• All American
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2015, 12:17:56 AM »
Has Riley played with any MU players?  Is he competitive?

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2015, 01:10:44 AM »
Kid has an unreal handle and ridiculous speed. Size is a definite concern. Would like to see more from his outside shot and passing.

Not the worst backup option.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2015, 01:49:49 AM »
There's a reason he doesn't even have a recruiting profile on Scout, Yahoo, ESPN, or 247. He doesn't have any even low major offers. Not even UWM. It's one thing to be 5'6". It's another to be 5'6" and 110 lbs. Half of his layups look like they take more effort to get up to the rim than it takes me to get the ball to the rim from half court. No offense to him, I hope he finds a good fit, and I wish him nothing but the best. But unfortunately sometimes size matters, ai'na?
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2015, 07:32:07 AM »
Mo Acker was 5'8".  Riley is currently also very light.  But taking a chance on a kid like this (maybe red shirt him) wouldn't be a horrible back up plan.

LloydsLegs

• All American
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2015, 07:48:04 AM »

Hope it isn't Boeheim's YMCA.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2015, 08:21:00 AM »
There's a reason he doesn't even have a recruiting profile on Scout, Yahoo, ESPN, or 247. He doesn't have any even low major offers. Not even UWM. It's one thing to be 5'6". It's another to be 5'6" and 110 lbs. Half of his layups look like they take more effort to get up to the rim than it takes me to get the ball to the rim from half court. No offense to him, I hope he finds a good fit, and I wish him nothing but the best. But unfortunately sometimes size matters, ai'na?

I understand what you are saying Wades, however he is averaging almost 39 points per game in the City Conference--not D4 from northern Wisconsin.  I agree that he is small and light, but it doesnt seem to be slowing him down. But no mid major offers is surprising.

feedback