[Today at 01:03:27 PM]

Tyler Kolek's "legacy" by Newsdreams
[Today at 12:37:27 PM]

NC State by Sturgeon General Warrior
[Today at 12:34:46 PM]

Dallas bars tonite by Oldgym
[Today at 12:14:42 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: SJU thoughts  (Read 10388 times)

tower912

• All American
SJU thoughts
« on: March 04, 2015, 10:11:38 PM »
1. Free throws.  Lay ups.  Catching the ball before you try to make a move with it.  Same stuff I tried to teach my 5th graders.
2.  Steve working so hard and failing so much.
3.  Loved JJJ's spark in the first half.   Thought he should have played more in the second.  Wonder if he told Wojo at halftime that he is transferring.
4.  Cohen......yeeeesh.
5.  Losing is wearing on Wojo.   Dumb T. 
6.  Speaking of dumb T's, Matt.....
7.  Both teams playing 6 players in the second half.   After the first half Juan & Sandy had, can't blame Wojo.
8.  I'd like to tear Carlino and Luke apart, but they were the only two who could score.
9.  SJU is going to the dance.   MU is going back to the drawing board. 

Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

forgetful

• All American
Re: SJU thoughts
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2015, 10:15:01 PM »
Agree with everything, but the Wojo T being dumb.

MU was on the wrong end of a lot of horsecrap calls.  The team is getting frustrated, they need to know their coach cares and is with them.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2015, 10:15:59 PM »
1. Free throws.  Lay ups.  Catching the ball before you try to make a move with it.  Same stuff I tried to teach my 5th graders.
2.  Steve working so hard and failing so much.
3.  Loved JJJ's spark in the first half.   Thought he should have played more in the second.  Wonder if he told Wojo at halftime that he is transferring.
4.  Cohen......yeeeesh.
5.  Losing is wearing on Wojo.   Dumb T. 
6.  Speaking of dumb T's, Matt.....
7.  Both teams playing 6 players in the second half.   After the first half Juan & Sandy had, can't blame Wojo.
8.  I'd like to tear Carlino and Luke apart, but they were the only two who could score.
9.  SJU is going to the dance.   MU is going back to the drawing board. 

I don't think they are going to the drawing board---maybe the cutting board.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

Atticus

• All American
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2015, 10:17:26 PM »
we lost to a team that played 6 guys.

LAZER

• All American
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2015, 10:21:05 PM »
It'll be interesting to see what happens to St John's in the next couple of years, hopefully they can make some noise in March this year.

nyg

• All American
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2015, 10:21:18 PM »
Everything stated.  Two games left and then a total revision of everything in program. Everything..........

Just don't get premise of Wojo zone.  SJ players were wide, wide open for threes and got bombed in second half. Players have no clue what they are doing on defense and with Derrick playing backsides/rear part of zone hurts.

mileskishnish72

• All American
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2015, 10:22:43 PM »
I kept thinking fatigue would affect St. John's.

StillWarriors

• All American
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2015, 10:24:28 PM »
The sad thing is I think the team gave pretty good effort and still weren't even competitive.

Stretchdeltsig

• All American
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2015, 10:24:37 PM »
We play like boys trying to compete against men.  We need players who can dominate.  The Big East is tough and we need to be a lot tougher to survive.

nyg

• All American
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2015, 10:27:16 PM »
Believe this is the worst team record in 25 years. 

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2015, 10:28:52 PM »

Yeah but 4 of their 6 guys are better than anyone we have.

Atticus

• All American
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2015, 10:32:35 PM »
Yeah but 4 of their 6 guys are better than anyone we have.

And SJU has Steve Lavin. That should have been an advantage for us.

And I was told that fatigue sets in late in the game which is why we can't win. In the last few minutes of this game, STeve lavin's team took over.

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2015, 10:33:56 PM »
And SJU has Steve Lavin. That should have been an advantage for us.

And I was told that fatigue sets in late in the game which is why we can't win. In the last few minutes of this game, STeve lavin's team took over.

They don't play only 6 guys every game. They have flexibility. We don't.

That said,  I think lack of talent on the roster is a much bigger reason for our season than fatigue.

Atticus

• All American
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2015, 10:38:03 PM »
They don't play only 6 guys every game. They have flexibility. We don't.

That said,  I think lack of talent on the roster is a much bigger reason for our season than fatigue.

You're right. They usually play 7. ::)

GoldenZebra

• All American
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2015, 10:50:34 PM »

barely. the 6th guy played 8 min. sigh.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2015, 11:13:50 PM »
Buncha whiny little babies posting in here.

Guess what?  We aren't good.

Here's a news flash for you, we'll probably lose Saturday, and then we'll probably lose our first round game in the BET.  What's the point in getting so upset about it?  If we still stink next year start worrying a little bit.

But we will be fine.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

79Warrior

• All American
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2015, 11:29:05 PM »
Buncha whiny little babies posting in here.

Guess what?  We aren't good.

Here's a news flash for you, we'll probably lose Saturday, and then we'll probably lose our first round game in the BET.  What's the point in getting so upset about it?  If we still stink next year start worrying a little bit.

But we will be fine.

We have two starters returning who deserve to start, Luke and Duane. I would not be so confident next year is significantly better. Sure, we have HE, but that leaves us three starters. What exactly makes you think we get to .500?

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2015, 11:47:40 PM »
We have two starters returning who deserve to start, Luke and Duane. I would not be so confident next year is significantly better. Sure, we have HE, but that leaves us three starters. What exactly makes you think we get to .500?

Bodies. Size. Talent.

None of which we have this year.

Next year you fight to get on the bubble. 2 years from now you're worrying about what seed you are. We are heading the right direction.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

79Warrior

• All American
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2015, 12:08:20 AM »
Bodies. Size. Talent.

Next year you fight to get on the bubble. 2 years from now you're worrying about what seed you are. We are heading the right direction.

So 8 guys with bodies size and talent you admit we don't have this year all of a sudden appear next year? At best a bubble team in two seasons.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2015, 12:15:05 AM »
So 8 guys with bodies size and talent you admit we don't have this year all of a sudden appear next year? At best a bubble team in two seasons.

You're entitled to your opinion.

MUeng

• All American
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2015, 12:32:59 AM »
Bodies. Size. Talent.

yea not sure ellenson can provide that for us. One great player can make a team, especially in the nba, but we are the worst team in conference. Im hopeful but that's quite a jump to bubble

tower912

• All American
« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2015, 05:33:04 AM »
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

CTWarrior

• All American
« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2015, 07:38:45 AM »
I actually thought Wojo did a good job coaching last night.  We were in good position to score regularly only to flub layups, drop entry passes, and miss wide open 3s.  Only so much a coach can do.  At some point the players have to make plays.

I thought both techs were dumb, thuogh, as we weren't fouled on either play, and especially there is no excuse for getting a technical with 2 seconds left in the half while the opponent is 90 feet from the basket. 

Calvin:  I'm a genius.  But I'm a misunderstood genius. 
Hobbes:  What's misunderstood about you?
Calvin:  Nobody thinks I'm a genius.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2015, 07:43:38 AM »
I actually thought Wojo did a good job coaching last night.  We were in good position to score regularly only to flub layups, drop entry passes, and miss wide open 3s.  Only so much a coach can do.  At some point the players have to make plays.

Agreed.  Wojo isn't responsible for our best (only) true inside players missing layups, or our best outside shooters missing open jumpers.  We ran decent plays, got the ball into the paint, had some nice kick-outs, but just missed some easy looks.

Sure wish they'd let Travis shoot our FTs.

warriorfan 14

• Starter
« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2015, 08:29:12 AM »
defense a problem again. also still can't finish around contact. always seems like we get drilled coming out of halftime. the other teams make adjustments and we really don't.

st johns has a very good starting lineup. if they had more firepower off the bench i think they would be a top 25 team