[Today at 05:59:46 AM]

UNLEASH THE POWER OF SCOOP!!! by Jay Bee
[Today at 05:13:02 AM]

Three Years Ago Today... by Newsdreams
[March 27, 2024, 11:34:10 PM]

Kam Jones 1st Round Mock - The Ringer by PGsHeroes32
[March 27, 2024, 10:40:15 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Wojo on 1250 am Milwaukee in 5 min  (Read 8338 times)

We R Final Four

• All American
Wojo on 1250 am Milwaukee in 5 min
« on: March 03, 2015, 01:28:41 PM »

nathanziarek

• All American
    • Late to the Party
Re: Wojo on 1250 am Milwaukee in 5 min
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2015, 01:51:23 PM »
What'd he have to say?
Marquette Basketball on Reddit: http://reddit.com/r/mubb

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2015, 02:03:34 PM »
What'd he have to say?
That he had nothing to do with Ners and TW being banned on scoop.
Goal is National Championship

tower912

• All American
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2015, 02:04:23 PM »
Being Wojo, I am sure it was boilerplate clichés.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2015, 02:08:49 PM »
Winner winner. Nothing of note, other than an MU coach being on 1250.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2015, 02:12:39 PM »
That he had nothing to do with Ners and TW being banned on scoop.

I noticed they weren't around, is that a thing that actually happened?
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

Shark

• All American
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2015, 02:14:42 PM »
Those two being gone would definitely explain why scoop has been semi-pleasant lately. Although TW isn't as bad at instigating fights.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2015, 02:19:55 PM »
I noticed they weren't around, is that a thing that actually happened?
Well in one of the threads almost a week ago someone mentioned that the thread will be derailed by Ners or TW responding and I think it was Rocky who said "Don't think that will happen any time soon" or something to that effect. Think it will almost be a week.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2015, 02:27:47 PM »
Here 2nd page of thread, a little different than I remember but it is obvious

http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=46624.25

Windyplayer

• All American
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2015, 02:39:50 PM »
Those two being gone would definitely explain why scoop has been semi-pleasant lately. Although TW isn't as bad at instigating fights.
I LOVE that GIF as your signature line. It seriously does wonders for my current emotional state when it comes to MU basketball. My favorite part of that (other than Vander beating everyone to the rim) is Davidson's guard trying to block out Gardner in the post--fundamentals are there, just a slight discrepancy in size.

ttheisen

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2015, 03:13:48 PM »
I LOVE that GIF as your signature line. It seriously does wonders for my current emotional state when it comes to MU basketball. My favorite part of that (other than Vander beating everyone to the rim) is Davidson's guard trying to block out Gardner in the post--fundamentals are there, just a slight discrepancy in size.

And what was Jamil doing?

GOO

• All American
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2015, 03:20:57 PM »

Avoiding a foul once he saw the ball go in, or, trying to take Davante out.  Your pick  :D

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2015, 03:45:35 PM »

When they ran the play against St. Johns, Jamil followed closer and it lead to more presence around Vander. He was instructed to stay back and play trailer so it kept someone back to guard him rather than clogging up the lane.
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2015, 03:53:33 PM »
When they ran the play against St. Johns, Jamil followed closer and it lead to more presence around Vander. He was instructed to stay back and play trailer so it kept someone back to guard him rather than clogging up the lane.

That's 100% correct.  Moreover notice who the 3 point shooter is on the left wing.  Buzz put Jake from State Farm in so he'd have to be guarded out there. 

I'm not typically an optimistic person.  But during the quasi timeout to figure how much time would be on the clock I absolutely knew we would score.  That was a great weekend.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2015, 04:02:10 PM »
Jamil was far enough behind to not clog up the play, but was accelerating rapidly at the end for a possible tip.   Jake was in for a lot of that last minute.   Davidson face-guarded him for most of it.   So even though he never touched the ball, his reputation as a 3 pt shooter kept one defender from helping. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

JTBMU7

• All American
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2015, 04:03:50 PM »
That's 100% correct.  Moreover notice who the 3 point shooter is on the left wing.  Buzz put Jake from State Farm in so he'd have to be guarded out there. 

I'm not typically an optimistic person.  But during the quasi timeout to figure how much time would be on the clock I absolutely knew we would score.  That was a great weekend.
that is quite possible the worst defense i've ever seen on that last play. davidson blew that game so horribly down the stretch... was awfully fun watching on my lunch break at a bar in ATL. the guy next to me was being nice and reassuring that we'd somehow win, turned out to be true...

ttheisen

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2015, 04:09:59 PM »
Jamil was far enough behind to not clog up the play, but was accelerating rapidly at the end for a possible tip.  

I get that, but then he looks like he is sliding into second base.  Brought me a chuckle, it was almost like he was so excited to see Vander score he forgot to keep his leg strength up.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2015, 04:14:06 PM by ttheisen »

Shark

• All American
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2015, 04:12:37 PM »
I'm happy my signature brings the board to have an actual basketball conversation. Especially one that isn't shrouded in passive aggression and negativity.

Next year is going to be a lot of fun. I know some on here have tempered their expectations but I would just appreciate having a chance at the bubble right now. I don't expect championships. I just love being interested in March basketball. (Unfortunately I still end up watching every game despite knowing the likely outcome)

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2015, 04:31:40 PM »

I've watched that play 1,000 times and this is the first time I noticed Jamil slipping and falling, so thanks for that.

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2015, 04:35:12 PM »
that is quite possible the worst defense i've ever seen on that last play. davidson blew that game so horribly down the stretch... was awfully fun watching on my lunch break at a bar in ATL. the guy next to me was being nice and reassuring that we'd somehow win, turned out to be true...

This debate has been had many times on this board, but Davidson scored 5 points on their last 4 possessions. Made one free throw, made layup, made 2 free throws, turnover. 1.25 points per possession. Marquette scored 11 points on their final 4 possessions. Three, Three, Three, layup. 2.75 points per possession. That's unheard of. Davidson didn't really blow it, other than the bad pass before the Blue layup

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2015, 04:39:37 PM »
I'm happy my signature brings the board to have an actual basketball conversation. Especially one that isn't shrouded in passive aggression and negativity.

Next year is going to be a lot of fun. I know some on here have tempered their expectations but I would just appreciate having a chance at the bubble right now. I don't expect championships. I just love being interested in March basketball. (Unfortunately I still end up watching every game despite knowing the likely outcome)

The past two seasons have made me appreciate winning so much more. During our s16-s16-e8 run, I was more relieved than happy when MU won games (minus the tournament, that's always pure joy). The last two seasons I've truly enjoyed each and every game that MU has won, even if they have been few and far between. I've learned to enjoy good teams and not expect them.

Whenever we do get back to the tournament, I think it will be the most fun I've had following a MU team. Hopefully it's next year.

Blackhat

• All American
« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2015, 04:40:04 PM »
Jamil's going in for what would be a helluva put back jam minus the slippage.

That is a beautiful drive by Blue.  Look at how far he angles his guy out before cutting hard to the rim.   All in a split second.

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2015, 04:45:06 PM »
Jamil's going in for what would be a helluva put back jam minus the slippage.

That is a beautiful drive by Blue.  Look at how far he angles his guy out before cutting hard to the rim.   All in a split second.

All going to his left, too. His first two years he could barely even go right. His Jr. year he was an elite finisher going both ways.

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2015, 04:45:30 PM »

Yes and no.

The big clearly had to show harder off the screen to prevent vander from blowing past him... but he still forced vander hard left, which is rarely a bad thing. Vander made a tough lay-up.

At the college level, there really aren't that many guys who can go that hard to their left and lay it up soft enough to go in. Vander himself really couldn't until his junior year.

Now, there also was the mistake of face guarding Jake. I know Jake can shoot a little bit, but if you help off of Jake and Vander kicks for the open 3, so be it. But, that's using hindsight.

Truthfully, it was a well designed and well executed play. MU had great timing and rhythm to that play.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2015, 04:47:43 PM »
This debate has been had many times on this board, but Davidson scored 5 points on their last 4 possessions. Made one free throw, made layup, made 2 free throws, turnover. 1.25 points per possession. Marquette scored 11 points on their final 4 possessions. Three, Three, Three, layup. 2.75 points per possession. That's unheard of. Davidson didn't really blow it, other than the bad pass before the Blue layup

+1 Davidson played very well down the stretch.  We played out of our minds.  They played D on the last play exactly the way their outstanding coach drew it up.  The Center was simply not up to the task.  Remember, fouling Vander was not an option.  It could have been decided that the left wing abandon Jake to try to double but he was told not to do that.

Just before the GIF begins, Vander's calm wind up step after the inbound was epic.  He saw it; he knew it; he owned it.  Effin' priceless.

feedback