[Today at 09:41:55 AM]

Big East 23-24 NCAA and NIT Results by cheebs09
[Today at 09:36:47 AM]

Pep Band/Cheerleaders by TallTitan34
[Today at 09:22:48 AM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Bob "Big Daddy" Wild
[Today at 08:40:12 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Uverse Blackout - Alternate Stream Today ?  (Read 9417 times)

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Re: Uverse Blackout - Alternate Stream Today ?
« Reply #25 on: March 01, 2015, 06:12:21 PM »
Ok media experts - what do you suggest a consumer who would like to be able to see all the MU games should do ?  Sign a contract but the fine print says they can drop the content at any time without notice.  If I treated the customers in my business like this, they would not be my customers very long.  Cable and dish companies only get away with this because the choices are limited and they all stink.  Lousy system for the consumer, hope it gets disrupted soon. 

Is your business the same way?  Comparing all businesses to all businesses is silly.  There are different parameters with all of them.

AT&T is trying to not let Fox Sports get away with charging what is called a transport fee for games or events they entered into after their deal was struck.  This is also why Directv didn't have the ESPN go app the last 4 years.  Had nothing to do with technology, but ESPN wanted to tear up the contract that was signed 5 years ago and reset all rates for DIRECTV customers to get access to the app.  That would be stupid on Directv's part, to take a huge rate increase and force customers to pay more, but those are the decisions distributors have to make because customers aren't going to blame Fox or ESPN or Viacom, etc. 

Everyone keeps asking for it to be disrupted and I work now for a disrupter, but guess what....if and when things shift, Fox, Disney, Viacom, etc are going to do the exact same thing to the disrupters.  That's the reality.  They hold most of the power.

Tommy Brice for Coach

• Team Captain
  • Tommy Brice is my hero
« Reply #26 on: March 01, 2015, 09:07:41 PM »
Is your business the same way?  Comparing all businesses to all businesses is silly.  There are different parameters with all of them.

AT&T is trying to not let Fox Sports get away with charging what is called a transport fee for games or events they entered into after their deal was struck.  This is also why Directv didn't have the ESPN go app the last 4 years.  Had nothing to do with technology, but ESPN wanted to tear up the contract that was signed 5 years ago and reset all rates for DIRECTV customers to get access to the app.  That would be stupid on Directv's part, to take a huge rate increase and force customers to pay more, but those are the decisions distributors have to make because customers aren't going to blame Fox or ESPN or Viacom, etc. 

Everyone keeps asking for it to be disrupted and I work now for a disrupter, but guess what....if and when things shift, Fox, Disney, Viacom, etc are going to do the exact same thing to the disrupters.  That's the reality.  They hold most of the power.

Chicos, what do you think about that new Sling.tv website? Do you think it is sustainable? Think there is a chance in hell of FS1 getting on there?

I'm a big fan of the idea (and the price point) as it lets me get live sports without footing $100+ a month to TWC or AT&T

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #27 on: March 01, 2015, 09:17:23 PM »
Chicos, what do you think about that new Sling.tv website? Do you think it is sustrightble? Think there is a chance in hell of FS1 getting on there?

I'm a big fan of the idea (and the price point) as it lets me get live sports without footing $100+ a month to TWC or AT&T

Dish runs it.  It is targeting people that are cord nevers for the most part.  If you are single, it's not a bad option.  If you are married or have a family, you can only have on concurrent stream, no DVR functionality, etc.  Very limited in that sense.

There is a cap to how many sales they can have.  If they hit the cap and the Disneys of the world feel like it's hurting their gravy train, then they will not move forward.

RushmoreAcademy

• All American
« Reply #28 on: March 02, 2015, 08:00:48 AM »
I can deal with iut this year, but I will be switching providers before next season if nothing is resolved...... ugh.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #29 on: March 02, 2015, 12:53:45 PM »
I can deal with iut this year, but I will be switching providers before next season if nothing is resolved...... ugh.

In a few months, AT&T will own DIRECTV most likely.  At that point, the contracts and which ones rule the day is going to be fun.

pritonia

• Walk-On
« Reply #30 on: March 06, 2015, 01:50:53 PM »
Guys,
    Just called ATT.  I signed up something called ATT HD Tier.  It cost me $7.00 a month but she guaranteed that I will get all the Big East games.  She also gave me 4 months free.  I guess we'll see tomorrow.

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #31 on: March 06, 2015, 02:08:39 PM »
Guys,
    Just called ATT.  I signed up something called ATT HD Tier.  It cost me $7.00 a month but she guaranteed that I will get all the Big East games.  She also gave me 4 months free.  I guess we'll see tomorrow.

I can't imagine this will work, but if it does let me know because 7 dollars is worth it for me to watch the Big East Tournament.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #32 on: March 06, 2015, 02:12:23 PM »
I can't imagine this will work, but if it does let me know because 7 dollars is worth it for me to watch the Big East Tournament.

If it's anything like DirecTV and the original U-Verse, there were always about 50 channels that had random games on. At least 5-6 seemed to be dedicated to showing every Big East game. Wouldn't surprise me if it's channels like that. You get pretty much the same feed but from a different source.
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

Tommy Brice for Coach

• Team Captain
  • Tommy Brice is my hero
« Reply #33 on: March 06, 2015, 02:35:17 PM »

What channel will the BET be on if not FS1?

pritonia

• Walk-On
« Reply #34 on: March 06, 2015, 02:39:00 PM »
The MU game is listed as on FS 1651 on my guide.  When  ATT cut us off it wasn't even listed.  They listed some dart championship.  So that's a positive. 

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #35 on: March 06, 2015, 02:50:34 PM »
The MU game is listed as on FS 1651 on my guide.  When  ATT cut us off it wasn't even listed.  They listed some dart championship.  So that's a positive. 

1651 is FS2 which was never cut from ATT. What is on 1652 at the same time? That's FS1.