[Today at 09:08:51 AM]

Shaka 2024-2025 by wadesworld
[Today at 09:00:02 AM]

Academic All Americans by Goose
[Today at 08:52:43 AM]

Shaka's 2023-2024 Season Accomplishments by 1SE
[Today at 03:36:17 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Jae Crowder 16.5 ppg, 6.5 rpg since teamed up with Isaiah  (Read 5144 times)

bamamarquettefan

• All American
  • pudner-at-aspen-ideas-festival.jpg
    • Value Add Basketball
Jae Crowder 16.5 ppg, 6.5 rpg since teamed up with Isaiah
« on: February 27, 2015, 08:52:18 PM »
In Boston, just watched Isaiah Thomas and Jae Crowder looking like they had played together for years in just their 2nd game together with Celtics.

Crowder set picks for him every time and Isaiah went to the hoop for 28 points. Then Isaiah would dish back to Jae for 4 hit three-pointers. Starters were getting drubbed and Celtics were down 16.

Jae played great defense even on Jefferson, and 6 rebounds and a +15. Looks like Jae and Dwyane fighting with three other teams for the last two playoff spots!

Since Isaiah arrived, Jae is averaging 16.5 points and 6.5 rebounds in 4 games - the last three as wins.

Great game - heading down the road to Providence Sunday after the annual Stats Convention concludes at MIT - so will hope for the best
The www.valueaddsports.com analysis of basketball, football and baseball players are intended to neither be too hot or too cold - hundreds immerse themselves in studies of stats not of interest to broader fan bases (too hot), while others still insist on pure observation (too cold).

THRILLHO

• All American
    • twitter feed
Re: Jae Crowder 16.5 ppg, 6.5 rpg since teamed up with Isaiah
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2015, 09:24:21 PM »
I was watching as well and Crowder was very impressive (as was Thomas of course). The Boston announcers are hilarious too - they seem like they are big Crowdah fans.

mileskishnish72

• All American
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2015, 09:03:52 AM »

bamamarquettefan

• All American
    • Value Add Basketball
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2015, 09:47:30 AM »
Yeah, they were still talking about Jae and hour later on TV. That and them trying to get Adam Silver to come back to their table to argue calls.

Heat radio is best in the country though. Things like,

"Heat up 47-46 and Chalmers goes to the hoop and draws the foul...(5 seconds of silence)...heat down 48-47 and magic have the ball and the lead (Huh?) The foul I mentioned earlier was never called, and the magic took the ball to the other end and scored. Chris bosh then loomed at a magic player from 5/feet away and was called for a moving pick."

Really have to have heat games on TV to know what is happening and have radio for humor. Celtics guys did both together.
The www.valueaddsports.com analysis of basketball, football and baseball players are intended to neither be too hot or too cold - hundreds immerse themselves in studies of stats not of interest to broader fan bases (too hot), while others still insist on pure observation (too cold).

Celtic Truth

• Starter
  • THE TRUTH
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2015, 08:55:10 PM »
career high 17 rebounds tonight in a tough loss to the Warriors. He struggled shooting the ball (4 for 17) but his great rebounding shows that with his energy and toughness he deserves minutes at both forward spots, especially with Sullinger and Olynyk out.

Celtic Truth

• Starter
  • THE TRUTH
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2015, 09:03:29 PM »
Coach Stevens with a lot of great thinks to say about Jae. I think he will be a solid part of our bright future in Boston.

Here's a clip from an espn article after the C's win over Charlotte on Friday:

With Boston's frontcourt decimated by injuries, Crowder has carved out a major role as the 4 in small-ball lineups. Stevens has gushed about the mismatches that has created offensively because Crowder can guard bigger players.

"Well [Crowder is] strong, that’s No. 1," said Stevens. "He’s strong, he gets in a stance, he does his work early defensively, and he’s very, very, very competitive and prideful. And you can tell that. Him against Al Jefferson every day is not going to work, but I’ve always thought -- at least the guys that I’ve coached -- the toughest of the tough could guard anybody for a possession. Or could guard anybody for a couple of minutes. And they kind of get excited about that, and that’s a good description of Jae. Jae wants to guard that guy. Like he wants to take on that challenge and see if he can. And I think you get a guy like that, that helps, and then his ability to stretch it on the other side of the floor is what makes it work."

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2015, 09:27:37 PM »
Dang rough shooting night but 17 boards!!!
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

bamamarquettefan

• All American
    • Value Add Basketball
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2015, 10:21:58 PM »
Will never forget crowder outscoring andre drummond 29-7 and out rebounding him 12-4 in february 2012 - including going through Andre to draw a 5thbfoul at UConn. I knew after that game and him toasting Jones at west Virginia that he could handle guarding the bits.

Celtic Truth

• Starter
  • THE TRUTH
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2015, 09:22:43 PM »
Nice night for Jae against a very good Grizzlies team. 16 points 3 Rebs, 3 assists, and 2 steals while shooting 6-12 and 3-4 from 3 in a big win for the Cs who are making a nice push towards the playoffs.

chr31ter

• Walk-On
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2015, 10:44:35 AM »
Bumped... nice story about Jae from CSN New England:

http://www.csnne.com/boston-celtics/jae-crowder-becoming-indispensable-member-celtics

Jae Crowder Becoming Indispensable Member of Celtics

When the Boston Celtics acquired Jae Crowder from Dallas as part of the Rajon Rondo trade in December, he was considered a throw-in just to make the money work.

Today, he may be the most indispensable member of the Celtics in their race towards the playoffs...

Crowder has maintained that he enjoys playing for Boston and would love to sign a long-term deal this summer to stay. Not only has Crowder fully embraced Celtics Nation and vice versa, but he’s also in a situation where his strengths as a player are exactly what the Celtics need more of going forward.

“It fits what I bring,” Crowder said. “I try to bring great attitude and energy with how I play.”

Said Stevens: “He’s a good player, and a more versatile player than we all knew coming in with what he’s able to do. He’s been a real bonus for our team, no question.”

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2015, 12:27:48 PM »
I was watching as well and Crowder was very impressive (as was Thomas of course). The Boston announcers are hilarious too - they seem like they are big Crowdah fans.

Thank you for my next personalized t-shirt: Celtics #99 Crowdah
SS Marquette

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2015, 12:42:26 PM »
the annual Stats Convention

Hide the women and lock up the liquor!

Death on call

feedback