[Today at 03:31:19 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Pakuni
[Today at 03:28:48 PM]

10 years after “Done Deal” … It’s Happening! by The Sultan of Semantics
[Today at 03:24:51 PM]

Where is Marquette? by Uncle Rico
[Today at 03:05:12 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: I like what Wojo is doing.....  (Read 12233 times)

duanewade

• Team Captain
I like what Wojo is doing.....
« on: February 27, 2015, 07:22:45 PM »
I liked that he pushed for $100,000's of dollars to upgrade an already state of the art facility with mood lighting and marble fixtures in the team lockeroom at "The Al" so the players can take a deuce in a Zen atmosphere and not have to look at Formica when washing their hands.  I know this was important to me as a teenager and early 20 something when I had dirty laundry piled up in one corner and empty beer cans piled up in another corner of my room for the entire semester.  

I liked that he got a "winner" like Tony Romo to talk to them about leadership.  I hear Jay Cutler might be available this summer to lecture the team on "good" decision making between the lines and winning in general.  

I like the spring emphasis on skill development and not conditioning/weight training too.  Taking 200 layups and 100 uncontested jump shots each day during these early sessions has really paid off with no player improvement and a further digression from a 2013-14 season that was ripe for a huge bounce back year after Buzz tanked the season.  Instead Wojo carried on Buzz's inexplicable year 6 weirdness by running off talent and keeping the losing going by opting for role players with great attitudes and practice habits instead of guys who can help you win and draw other players into the program.  

To continue on with this negative return on investment to ensure more empty seats I recommend that various chefs come in to teach the guys how cooking and team work go hand in hand.  I think the lessons learned during these sessions from "consultants" charging the program $10,000 per will lead to extra passes against Alcorn State where we'll win by 12 points vs. 10 points.  Not to mention the players being better soup boilers when their careers end.  

The old gritty Marquette teams that were loaded with hungry athletes from broken homes who puked blood during summer training sessions and boot camps while burning the midnight oil studying at night to get degrees were overrated.  After all long dances into March and million dollar NBA contracts are less important than having choir boys from two parent homes who don't ever get in a drunk bar fight like half the student body does at some point during their four years......and if getting swept by Xavier, Butler and possibly even DePaul is a side effect of this new and "improved" culture then so be it.

Our coach is "young" and even after 4 years as a player and 15 years as an assistant for a hall fame coach or almost 20 years in total mentoring it still takes time for a new coach to learn that stall ball loses you games.  It doesn't matter if even dopey assistants know this after watching a couple ESPN highlights.....our coach is young, needs time and will be PHENOMENAL!!! regardless of all the warning signs telling us otherwise.  After all I read the board memo that says anyone who is critical or skeptical is dumb, a troll, stupid, ridiculous and therefore must be banned and sent to a gulag for re-training so he too can think inside the board bubble.      

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4OS0ThpI0aE
« Last Edit: February 28, 2015, 09:02:27 AM by duanewade »

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
Re: I like what Wojo is doing.....
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2015, 07:28:31 PM »
I don't mean this the wrong way, but just go away.

Cooby Snacks

• Team Captain
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2015, 07:39:05 PM »
It's a shame the coach isn't aware you're owed so much more than you received this season.

MarqBB77-03

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2015, 07:52:37 PM »
Overwhelming depression brought on by the death of Mr. Spock has caused an irrational rant.  Take away all the sharp objects.
"When I'm losing, they call me nuts. When I'm winning, they call me eccentric."  Al McGuire

Class71

• All American
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2015, 07:53:05 PM »

I put him on ignore. It works very well and let's face, it I am missing nothing.
⛵⛵⛵⛵⛵

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2015, 08:01:19 PM »
Can't you imagine the pride he had, welling up in his gut when he clicked "post" on that bad boy? 

Sad, actually.

79Warrior

• All American
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2015, 08:11:44 PM »

Why don't you and Ners start you own board and post your trash.

Daniel

• All American
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2015, 08:41:16 PM »
"You want to be a great coach? Recruit great players". -Al

What a venomous rant. Wow.

NotBuzzWilliams

• Starter
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2015, 08:51:29 PM »
I'm starting to think he doesn't like what Wojo is doing...

mattyv1908

• All American
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2015, 09:04:02 PM »
This post is horrifyingly fantastic.  It encapsulates both the best and worst of what this board has to offer.  It could be written in all teal or complete seriousness.  It's wildly without merit yet plays off some uncomfortable truths.

:)
Shut this board down at the opening tip.  If they win, open it back up.  If they lose, keep it shut it down until the next morning.  - Sultan of Slurpery

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2015, 09:11:20 PM »
This post is horrifyingly fantastic.  It encapsulates both the best and worst of what this board has to offer.  It could be written in all teal or complete seriousness.  It's wildly without merit yet plays off some uncomfortable truths.

:)

Something tells me I should be glad I have him on ignore.

naginiF

• All American
  • 'and the riot be the rhyme of the unheard'
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2015, 09:22:51 PM »
I don't mean this the wrong way, but i love what you are trying to do!  It just feels right.

Groin_pull

• All American
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2015, 09:50:56 PM »
I liked that he pushed for $100'000's of dollars to upgrade an already state of the art facility with mood lighting and marble fixtures in the team lockeroom at "The Al" so the players can take a deuce in a Zen atmosphere and not have to look at Formica when washing their hands.  I know this was important to me as a teenager and early 20 something when I had dirty laundry piled up in one corner and empty beer cans piled up in another corner of my room for the entire semester.  

I liked that he got a "winner" like Tony Romo to talk to them about leadership.  I hear Jay Cutler might be available this summer to lecture the team on "good" decision making between the lines and winning in general.  

I like the spring emphasis on skill development and not conditioning/weight training too.  Taking 200 layups and 100 uncontested jump shots each day during these early sessions has really paid off with no player improvement and a further digression from a 2013-14 season that was ripe for a huge bounce back year after Buzz tanked the season.  Instead Wojo carried on Buzz's inexplicable year 6 weirdness by running off talent and keeping the losing going by opting for role players with great attitudes and practice habits instead of guys who can help you win and draw other players into the program.  

To continue on with this negative return on investment to ensure more empty seats I recommend that various chefs come in to teach the guys how cooking and team work go hand in hand.  I think the lessons learned during these sessions from "consultants" charging the program $10,000 per will lead to extra passes against Alcorn State where we'll win by 12 points vs. 10 points.  Not to mention the players being better soup boilers when their careers end.  

The old gritty Marquette teams that were loaded with hungry athletes from broken homes who puked blood during summer training sessions and boot camps while burning the midnight oil studying at night to get degrees were overrated.  After all long dances into March and million dollar NBA contracts are less important than having choir boys from two parent homes who don't ever get in a drunk bar fight like half the student body does at some point during their four years......and if getting swept by Xavier, Butler and possibly even DePaul is a side effect of this new and "improved" culture then so be it.

Our coach is "young" and even after 4 years as a player and 15 years as an assistant for a hall fame coach or almost 20 years in total mentoring it still takes time for a new coach to learn that stall ball loses you games.  It doesn't matter if even dopey assistants know this after watching a couple ESPN highlights.....our coach is young, needs time and will be PHENOMENAL!!! regardless of all the warning signs telling us otherwise.  After all I read the board memo that says anyone who is critical or skeptical is dumb, a troll, stupid, ridiculous and therefore must be banned and sent to a gulag for re-training so he too can think inside the board bubble.      

Get lost, douchebag.

DarkWarrior

• Starter
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2015, 10:03:25 PM »
Most ridiculous post I can recall. Pomposity and ignorance all rolled into one neat set of paragraphs.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2015, 10:25:45 PM »
Looking back, Duane took a 4 year break.   Since returning, he has been pretty consistent in his dislike of Wojo.   The thing is, Duane isn't wrong until Wojo proves him wrong.   I think Wojo will prove him wrong, but that is my opinion, which has no more or less validity than duanewade's.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2015, 10:28:56 PM »
You ever consider lighting yourself on fire?
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

Sylvester78

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2015, 10:46:41 PM »
Looking back, Duane took a 4 year break.   Since returning, he has been pretty consistent in his dislike of Wojo.   The thing is, Duane isn't wrong until Wojo proves him wrong.   I think Wojo will prove him wrong, but that is my opinion, which has no more or less validity than duanewade's.

Good take. I am on record as saying I think Wojo will be a huge success, but this guy is entitled to his opinion.  If he is wrong we can blast him. If he is not he can thump his chest.

Just flatly shooting him down is stupid. Nobody truly knows.  Make a true counter point (our current players growth and/or the recruiting class) or keep it to yourself. Debate is good.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2015, 10:47:49 PM »
So was Sultan of Silly always Duanewade? Or did Sultan of Silly hijack duanewade's account after s/he stopped posting here?
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2015, 10:59:27 PM »
I liked that he pushed for $100'000's of dollars to upgrade an already state of the art facility with mood lighting and marble fixtures in the team lockeroom at "The Al" so the players can take a deuce in a Zen atmosphere and not have to look at Formica when washing their hands.  I know this was important to me as a teenager and early 20 something when I had dirty laundry piled up in one corner and empty beer cans piled up in another corner of my room for the entire semester.  

I like that you totally own being a clueless tool.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2015, 11:05:13 PM »

Fart.

I didn't read the initial post in full but I assume my above response added more value.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2015, 11:16:57 PM »

Sounds like his break correlates with Buzz's tenure.  Bert is that you?

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2015, 11:23:37 PM »
Slow Friday night Duanewade?  Is that why you treat us all to another of your rambling screeds with zero substance to it?

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2015, 11:27:27 PM »
Here on this board you have a father whose very young son is fighting for his life everyday, and is taking whatever good news they can get at anytime to find whatever positives they can hoping and praying their sons health situation will turn around for the better as quickly as possible.

And then on the polar end of the spectrum of this board, you have..............duanewade.

« Last Edit: February 27, 2015, 11:35:01 PM by HutchwasClutch »

MUCam

• All American
« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2015, 11:44:32 PM »
Can't you imagine the pride he had, welling up in his gut when he clicked "post" on that bad boy? 

Sad, actually.

Ha. This is good for a chuckle.

As for the initial post, I actually enjoyed the writing style and prose, for what its worth. It was far better than most of the grammatically challenged, incoherent ramblings we generally receive on this board.

Substantively, it was a giant turd, but there is potential there.

Bravo.

GurneeHitchkr

• Starter
« Reply #24 on: February 27, 2015, 11:47:13 PM »
Go wax your pie hole and just leave.  Really?

feedback