Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: [MattVelazquezSays]AT&T U-Verse, FOX Sports 1 negotiations could affect Marquette games  (Read 16652 times)

MattVelazquezSays

AT&T U-Verse, FOX Sports 1 negotiations could affect Marquette games

<br /><br />The existing agreement between FOX Sports and AT&amp;amp;T U-verse does not cover dozens of live sporting events beginning on Saturday, with six Big East regular season basketball games and nine conference tournament games being affected, according to a press release from FOX Sports on Friday.<br />
Source: AT&amp;T U-Verse, FOX Sports 1 negotiations could affect Marquette games

avalanche

• Walk-On
I just called ATT u verse and complained.  I hope I do not have to go back to Comcast.  ATT said it was not certain that they will drop FS1.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
Buzz got this one right, a'nia?  MU should have let Chicos handled this deal.

hojm

• Walk-On
uverse milwaukee question
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2015, 07:29:13 AM »
I just went to set my dvr to record tomorrow's game on Fox Sports 1, and the uverse guide does not show the game being on.  Does anyone else have this game not listed in their guide?  I am in the Milwaukee area.  I see on Fox Sports 1 website it is listed, it is just odd and now I am a bit worried I will not see the game. 

NBBomber

• Walk-On
Re: uverse milwaukee question
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2015, 07:52:04 AM »
Couldn't find it either. :-\

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2015, 07:59:21 AM »
See Matt Velazquez Says.

MUDPT

• All American
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2015, 08:03:59 AM »
As far as I can tell, this only affects contracts signed with FS1 after it was officially announced.  Things like MLB and the World Cup (Women's World cup to the non-MIB fans), were signed before FS1 so it isn't affected.  This is really, really weird.  I don't get it.

avalanche

• Walk-On
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2015, 08:04:54 AM »
See post about 10 below by Velasquez about apparent dispute between ATT and FS1.  I called ATT yesterday and they said it was still being negotiated.   Guide says dart championships.  Watching FS1 now and scroll says ATT customers if you don't want to miss live FS1 events please call ATT asap.
I am in Chicago suburbs.
P

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
Merged threads...so just look at the top of this one to answer your question.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
My apologies, I misspoke...I thought it was a standard distribution issue.  It isn't, but what is happening is not that uncommon.  Now that I went back and looked at the contractual dates, I'll give you the better answer.

It happened to DIRECTV last year with FS1.  The gripe by the distributors is that they are paying Fox to carry the linear channels to their customers.  Fox (and others) are then charging EXTRA fees for certain events.   Last year with MLB games on FS1 came down to the last minute with most distributors and Fox, because the games for MLB were secured separately and put on FS1 outside the parameters of the main deal.  So if you don't pay Fox extra, you don't get to carry them.  Well, you an imagine how that pisses off the distrbutors who have to raise fees to customers.  People blame the distributor, almost never the content provider holding the distributor hostage.

So AT&T is taking a principled stand.  Thing is, this can happen at any time with any provider and any network.  Keep that in mind if you switch, no one is immune from it.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2015, 11:02:10 AM by ChicosBailBonds »

Lighthouse 84

• All American
I also see it listed on Fox Sports site but Uverse showing Darts.  Darts.  Are you F-ing serious?

So I just got off the line with Patty at Uverse, who could not have sounded more happy to finally take my call and complaint.   She said Fox Sports is asking Uverse more extra cash for Big East Hoops and Nascar and they don't feel they should pass it along to their customers.  Instead, they think it best to just show their customers great programming they want to see.  I asked her, do you really think anyone in their right mind wants to watch the World Darts Championship?  

I do see the game on Fox Sports Go so I can at least hook up my laptop to a TV and watch it.  Looks like it's time to switch providers.
HILLTOP SENIOR SURVEY from 1984 Yearbook: 
Favorite Drinking Establishment:

1. The Avalanche.              7. Major Goolsby's.
2. The Gym.                      8. Park Avenue.
3. The Ardmore.                 9. Mugrack.
4. O'Donohues.                 10. Lighthouse.
5. O'Pagets.
6. Hagerty's.

MUDPT

• All American
The Butler DePaul game is on FS2 on Uverse, weird.

bradley center bat

• All American
I don't have these problems with Tim Warner Cable.  :D

79Warrior

• All American
The Butler DePaul game is on FS2 on Uverse, weird.

I believe this effective March 1.

bradley center bat

• All American
I believe this effective March 1.
It started today. It's just a FS1/AT&T, not FS2.

Johnny B

• All American

BM1090

• All American
will it be available on fox sports go?

HutchwasClutch

• All American
Of course all but the DePaul game is set for a FS1 telecast here on out. 

bradley center bat

• All American
will it be available on fox sports go?
I'm kind'va hearing it might.

BM1090

• All American
If someone knows if this will affect the Fox Sports Go app and could post it I'd really appreciate it. Trying to figure out if I have to go to a bar or can do the old tablet to HDMI to TV trick.

MUDPT

• All American
If someone knows if this will affect the Fox Sports Go app and could post it I'd really appreciate it. Trying to figure out if I have to go to a bar or can do the old tablet to HDMI to TV trick.

Yesterday I was watching X-Nova when my daughter requested we watch Frozen.  I turned it on for her and pulled up Fox Sports Go on my computer.  The listing for the NASCAR race on FS1 was on there, but I couldn't access it.  So it looks like it was blacked out on there too.  Someone on twitter was able to access the race on FS1 by just staying logged in before it started and then got blacked out when they tried to log back in later.

Lighthouse 84

• All American
According to my iPhone app, it's on Fox Sports Go, at least it's showing up for now.  If they black it out, Hopefully my Xfinity sign on would work.
HILLTOP SENIOR SURVEY from 1984 Yearbook: 
Favorite Drinking Establishment:

1. The Avalanche.              7. Major Goolsby's.
2. The Gym.                      8. Park Avenue.
3. The Ardmore.                 9. Mugrack.
4. O'Donohues.                 10. Lighthouse.
5. O'Pagets.
6. Hagerty's.

BM1090

• All American
Yesterday I was watching X-Nova when my daughter requested we watch Frozen.  I turned it on for her and pulled up Fox Sports Go on my computer.  The listing for the NASCAR race on FS1 was on there, but I couldn't access it.  So it looks like it was blacked out on there too.  Someone on twitter was able to access the race on FS1 by just staying logged in before it started and then got blacked out when they tried to log back in later.

Not the news I was hoping for, but thanks. Appreciate it.

zrjones13

• Scholarship Player
I'm watching sportscenter right now and it says the game is on espn3 so that might be an option? After looking on espn 3 it's not listed not sure what I saw
« Last Edit: March 01, 2015, 11:46:30 AM by zrjones13 »

BM1090

• All American
I'm watching sportscenter right now and it says the game is on espn3 so that might be an option?

It is not among the upcoming games on the espn3 website