[Today at 07:02:21 AM]

Dallas bars tonite by Marquette Gyros
[Today at 06:59:41 AM]

Are we still recruiting anyone for the 24-25 season. by Jay Bee
[Today at 06:42:08 AM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by Uncle Rico
[Today at 06:32:48 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: [MattVelazquezSays]AT&T U-Verse, FOX Sports 1 negotiations could affect Marquette games  (Read 16653 times)

Groin_pull

• All American
And yet, the sh*tty Big 10 Network is part of the basic package with AT&T out here in the Bay Area. Love paying for that steaming pile.

Man, I'm ready to cut the cord.

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
And yet, the sh*tty Big 10 Network is part of the basic package with AT&T out here in the Bay Area. Love paying for that steaming pile.

The cable death spiral begins.

BTW, I's a bit ashamed to say I cut the cord with this season in January. :/
SS Marquette

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks

They have leverage...they are 51% owned by Fox who forces the providers to carry their network in the basic services as a result, or not get access to powerhouse networks like Fox News, Fox broadcast channels (i.e. NFL football), etc.  Plus, they are the largest group of alumni in the United States with tremendous spending power.  Is what it is.

Groin_pull

• All American
The cable death spiral begins.

BTW, I's a bit ashamed to say I cut the cord with this season in January. :/

You lasted til January?

MU gimp ONE

• Team Captain
Just got off the phone with ATT. The rep said I was the first person she has spoke to all week who was upset about this issue. She also said there is no resolution in the works and uverse is taking a stand against fox. She doesn't see anything changing unless fox caves.

Looks like I'm dropping uverse for next year.  Sad
"You know, most people would kill... to be treated like a god, just for a few moments." - Coach Norman Dale

barfolomew

• All American
Just got off the phone with ATT. The rep said I was the first person she has spoke to all week who was upset about this issue. She also said there is no resolution in the works and uverse is taking a stand against fox. She doesn't see anything changing unless fox caves.

Looks like I'm dropping uverse for next year.  Sad

On the plus side, we can start the World Dart Championship live thread later tonight.
Relationes Incrementum Victoria

Chili

• All American
  • Hot w/noodles, beans, cheese, sour cream & onions
On the plus side, we can start the World Dart Championship live thread later tonight.

Even though I will know the outcome the game is being replayed in wee hours tonight on a few of the regional FSN channels. I too will be dropping Uverse after only one year as this is just an issue I can't take.
But I like to throw handfuls...

Groin_pull

• All American

Or we can enjoy the Big 10 Network. ::) Can't escape it no matter where you live.

GO_MU02

• Scholarship Player
I was enjoying UVerse til this.  Can't believe I'm gonna have to miss the BE Tourney.  Unacceptable and I guess this means, they're losing me as a customer.  I have tweeted to them @ATTCares (which they clearly don't) and @UVerse- there's a few other angry tweets out there to them about this I've noticed.

BM1090

• All American
I was enjoying UVerse til this.  Can't believe I'm gonna have to miss the BE Tourney.  Unacceptable and I guess this means, they're losing me as a customer.  I have tweeted to them @ATTCares (which they clearly don't) and @UVerse- there's a few other angry tweets out there to them about this I've noticed.

I love Uverse other than this Big East issue. I'll give them until a month or two before next season starts to reach an agreement with Fox but if not then unfortunately I'll have to switch.

Does anyone have any go to Milwaukee area bars that play the Marquette game with sound? I went to Goolsby's earlier this year and Champs on Sunday, but neither bar has the sound linked up to the speakers which makes it real hard to watch for me.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2015, 04:21:20 PM by MUEagle1090 »

Lighthouse 84

• All American
I love Uverse other than this Big East issue. I'll give them until a month or two before next season starts to reach an agreement with Fox but if not then unfortunately I'll have to switch.

I'm right there with you on that one.  Fortunately, I've got an Xfinity account so I can hook up my laptop to a bigscreen.  But that's happening all next year.
HILLTOP SENIOR SURVEY from 1984 Yearbook: 
Favorite Drinking Establishment:

1. The Avalanche.              7. Major Goolsby's.
2. The Gym.                      8. Park Avenue.
3. The Ardmore.                 9. Mugrack.
4. O'Donohues.                 10. Lighthouse.
5. O'Pagets.
6. Hagerty's.

Johnny B

• All American
Why is everyone pissed at uverse. Fox are the ones being very greedy by forcing uverse to pay even more money for big east hoops. It's big east hoops not the nfl playoffs how much do you expect people to pay for it, give att a break. This is sad though, millions of people use att and now we're just going to see even lower ratings with less exposure. There's a reason every single other major conference is with ESPN. sad

feedback