[Today at 06:18:19 PM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by the eagle
[Today at 06:05:16 PM]

Sweet 16 presser by MuMark
[Today at 04:40:13 PM]

10 years after “Done Deal” … It’s Happening! by The Sultan of Semantics
[Today at 03:24:51 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: 2015 season ticket reseating letter arrived today  (Read 20792 times)

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
Re: 2015 season ticket reseating letter arrived today
« Reply #50 on: May 26, 2015, 09:31:07 PM »
I guess I read the move differently.   By "media" I thought perhaps that also meant scouts.   I mean .. there's usually just two radio teams, a TV team, and two newspaper guys and a couple bloggers.  I always figured the newspaper guys were in the tv media area in level 300 and the radio/tv guys were courtside.

But .. when there's NBA scouts in town, they're in front of the band area, or to the left of it.  With Ellensen being talked about as a lottery pick, there may be scouts at a lot of games.

No?

As for students being on the apron .. I can't envision how that'll look.  It sounds like they'd let students extend from where they are, to an area up to the court .. but that'd block the aisle and that doesn't make a lot of sense.   

Any other guesses?

Wojo Era

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #51 on: May 27, 2015, 12:30:58 AM »
I think the students will now take over the two rows right along the baseline, where the media was before.  This would still leave the walkway open.  But that is just a guess

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #52 on: May 27, 2015, 06:57:36 AM »
I think the students will now take over the two rows right along the baseline, where the media was before.  This would still leave the walkway open.  But that is just a guess

My guess too.  They might squeeze more than 2 rows in as there won't be tables.  An alternative might simply be to roll the Eagle's Nest and band sections forward 15 feet (right to courtside) creating a walkway behind rather than in front.  Anyway, fantastic for the kids. 

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #53 on: May 27, 2015, 09:19:30 AM »
Can't wait for local media to bitch and complain about the move. Let Matty V sit at center court, put the rest of them in upper corner. Most of those guys come late, leave early and play grab ass throughout the game.

What local media?  Matty V is our local media, or at least the only member of the media that makes any difference as far as I'm concerned.  I'm sure he'll be just fine... in fact, sitting courtside is a great vantage point for the PA announcer, statistician, or Hunt-type who simply needs to know "who," "what," and "where".  Guys like Velasquez who actually offer some sort of analysis on the game, i.e. the "how" and "why", are better suited having some elevation where they can see things develop, execute, etc. that might not be readily noticed on the floor.

"But Benny, what about the color analysts for TV and radio... they sit court side."  Stop whining; yes, they do.  But not only do they have the benefit of having a TV monitor, and thus, a myriad of angles and replays to help them along, on-air color analysis is a different type of analysis than print media because it's being done in real time.  A print journalist has the benefit of being able to evaluate, reflect, critique, follow-up after the game is over.  Same thing goes for scouting... when you're trying to break down a particular possession on tape to figure out what went right/wrong or how to overcome/adjust to a certain play that the opposition runs, is the play being shown in the team's film room taken from a camera at courtside or the mezzanine?

Frankly, if you want to see the genuine X's and O's of basketball, go sit next to Chick and Glow.  If you need an unobstructed view of the shooter's nose hair, sit courtside.  If you're a print journalist who wants something of both, sit in 216-W.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #54 on: May 27, 2015, 10:13:29 AM »
What local media? 

Tom Pippens, Tim Van Vorren, Dan Needles, Lance Allen, Rod Burks, Stephanie Sutton, Brando Cruz, etc.

Whether you like them or not doesn't really matter--they are still the local media.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #55 on: May 27, 2015, 10:18:39 AM »

Tom Pippens, Tim Van Vorren, Dan Needles, Lance Allen, Rod Burks, Stephanie Sutton, Brando Cruz, etc.

Whether you like them or not doesn't really matter--they are still the local media.

Are they going to stop attending because we change where they sit?  Not sure that would go over well with their editors/producers.

Have some patience, FFS.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #56 on: May 27, 2015, 11:51:40 AM »
I don't care if they do.

MU62

• Starter
« Reply #57 on: May 28, 2015, 12:46:08 PM »
Lance Allen will be there cheering on his hometown hero from Rice Lake. 

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #58 on: May 28, 2015, 01:12:12 PM »
Are they going to stop attending because we change where they sit?  Not sure that would go over well with their editors/producers.

Bigger question is whether any of those will actually attend a game.  Have seen a couple of those on hand for a pre-game interview over the years.  But, they then pack up and leave.  Certainly don't see them in the media section in the north end.......

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #59 on: May 28, 2015, 05:56:14 PM »
Lance Allen will be there cheering on his hometown hero from Rice Lake. 

Thanks for postin' Lance. Did ya really graduate from MU in 1962? What you use for a moisturizer, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #60 on: May 29, 2015, 09:31:02 AM »
Bigger question is whether any of those will actually attend a game.  Have seen a couple of those on hand for a pre-game interview over the years.  But, they then pack up and leave.  Certainly don't see them in the media section in the north end.......

I never was able to confirm this, but the rumor I heard was that in the 2005-06 season we had more members of the Richmond, IN media in attendance at our games than non-JS local media, which seems pretty likely if you consider home and away games but at the very least plausible if we're only talking home games.

I must say though... to have had Rosiak and Velazquez on the MU beat 8 of the past 12 seasons, I'd say we're pretty well covered from local media standpoint right there.  I'm willing to chalk up the "Hendlundt" years as collateral damage from the JS ownership transition.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

feedback