[Today at 09:23:57 AM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by MarquetteDano
[Today at 09:22:06 AM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by avid1010
[Today at 09:16:40 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Spotcheck Billy
[Today at 07:22:54 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: 2015 season ticket reseating letter arrived today  (Read 20797 times)

Sir Lawrence

• All American
2015 season ticket reseating letter arrived today
« on: February 26, 2015, 11:12:05 AM »
Seems like it's earlier than in the past (to be receiving the reseating letter).  I'll admit:  I groaned when I saw it.

Reseating will take place June 1 through June 12. 
Ludum habemus.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
Re: 2015 season ticket reseating letter arrived today
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2015, 11:25:31 AM »
Seems like it's earlier than in the past (to be receiving the reseating letter).  I'll admit:  I groaned when I saw it.

It might be over June 1. While us on these boards are more patient, there are a lot of upset, or even worse, apathetic, fans. In the end, there will be another big drop off, but I think the bigger issue will be a shift in seat locations for a year or two, more than last year. I know they converted a part of the student section in the uppers to season tickets late last year in the process just to try to hold on to some folks.

So, it is smart to try to lock folks up early so they know what they are facing in terms of revenue. This will alow them more time to work deals, packages, etc.

bradley center bat

• All American
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2015, 11:45:50 AM »
Seems like it's earlier than in the past (to be receiving the reseating letter).  I'll admit:  I groaned when I saw it.

Years past the letter has been coming in January.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2015, 12:52:00 PM by bradley center bat »

sailwi

• All American
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2015, 12:11:12 PM »
Think part of the reason they send early so they can encourage you to  donate to BG fund to have donations count towards total points for next re-seating.  
« Last Edit: February 26, 2015, 12:45:04 PM by sailwi »

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2015, 12:17:45 PM »
It might be over June 1. While us on these boards are more patient, there are a lot of upset, or even worse, apathetic, fans. In the end, there will be another big drop off, but I think the bigger issue will be a shift in seat locations for a year or two, more than last year. I know they converted a part of the student section in the uppers to season tickets late last year in the process just to try to hold on to some folks.

So, it is smart to try to lock folks up early so they know what they are facing in terms of revenue. This will alow them more time to work deals, packages, etc.

Doc may be right.  Season ticket base dropped more than 1,000 this year.  I'd bet another 1,000 at least with even more shifting to the 'cheap seats' as folks are willing to skip games.  We haven't received our letter yet.  Say anything about prices?

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2015, 12:55:27 PM »
How big will the new arena be? :o

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2015, 01:13:40 PM »
Doc may be right.  Season ticket base dropped more than 1,000 this year.  I'd bet another 1,000 at least with even more shifting to the 'cheap seats' as folks are willing to skip games.  We haven't received our letter yet.  Say anything about prices?

I think there is a sizeable that number folks also who buy the cheap seats and just seat in better locations for almost all games, just to sit together with friends, etc. There are big blocks in the lower that were vacant all year, that I then saw folks concrete down with friends in that section just to sit together.

For example, MU sold 17,961 tickets for the Nova game, but only 14,958 showed. That is 3003 no-shows for the biggest game of the year. It is way worse for other conference games.  It is nice to then sit together if the seats are there.  MU AD is going to be in for a big hole financially next year, I suspect (as I am guessing they already know).

DienerTime34

• All American
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2015, 02:19:25 PM »
I think there is a sizeable that number folks also who buy the cheap seats and just seat in better locations for almost all games, just to sit together with friends, etc. There are big blocks in the lower that were vacant all year, that I then saw folks concrete down with friends in that section just to sit together.

For example, MU sold 17,961 tickets for the Nova game, but only 14,958 showed. That is 3003 no-shows for the biggest game of the year. It is way worse for other conference games.  It is nice to then sit together if the seats are there.  MU AD is going to be in for a big hole financially next year, I suspect (as I am guessing they already know).

You'd think they are saving quite a bit on the coaching staff though. Buzz was somewhere between $2.2 - 2.8 million depending on what reports you're looking at, and I know his assistants were making a pretty penny as well. There's no Wojo can be at more than a $1 million or so, right?

Sir Lawrence

• All American
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2015, 02:51:00 PM »
    Say anything about prices?

Ticket prices look the same as this year.

"Minimum Donation Level" is the same EXCEPT for sections 200, 201, 227, and the mirror sections across the court, 213, 214 & 215.  Those have gone from $600 to $700 per seat. 
Ludum habemus.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2015, 03:15:17 PM »
I plan to keep renewing my seats...but I have to wonder if we're near a point where (gasp!) MU considers lowering the prices a bit in the lower bowl and/or policing at the aisles to make sure people from the rafters aren't coming down. 

The declining attendance plus fuller upper bowl seems to suggest a slightly smaller differential might be in order.  And I recall just a couple of seasons ago, the usher at our section would always check our tickets (even though he recognized us, because we've sat in the same area for years).  Didn't see many folks sneaking down then.  The gaps in our area are bigger than ever...and yet the usher no longer checks.

Not saying that's the answer, but at some point you have to wonder if they need to think differently to fill the lower bowl....

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2015, 03:41:51 PM »
I have an idea to fill the lower bowl. Tell the court side club pricks at 1255 (and 5 min before the start of the 2nd half) that it is tipoff so they go to their seats. These douche bags certainly can't go sit in their seats when they hear the national anthem or the starting lineups. Oh no, they have to wait until the game has already started to go find their seats and spend the next five minutes mulling around until they find their seat.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2015, 03:43:13 PM »
Ticket prices look the same as this year.

"Minimum Donation Level" is the same EXCEPT for sections 200, 201, 227, and the mirror sections across the court, 213, 214 & 215.  Those have gone from $600 to $700 per seat. 

Wow.  Yeah, you need revenue, but do you really decide to screw with your most loyal ticket holders?  For a measly $18,000 bucks?

Makes me wonder if there'll be a significant flight OUT of those center 6 sections for a year.   Move a couple sections over, it drops from $700 to $360 .. 2 tickets, you're saving $700.

.. Hey, did the courtside seats go up?  I mean, holy crap, they are $8750 a seat!  

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2015, 04:14:13 PM »
I have an idea to fill the lower bowl. Tell the court side club pricks at 1255 (and 5 min before the start of the 2nd half) that it is tipoff so they go to their seats. These douche bags certainly can't go sit in their seats when they hear the national anthem or the starting lineups. Oh no, they have to wait until the game has already started to go find their seats and spend the next five minutes mulling around until they find their seat.

Personally I find that annoying too.  Chick and I leave before the historic scoreboard film so we have enough time to get to our seats on the other side comfortably.  Plus we sometimes like to chat briefly with our son if he's down in the Eagles Nest on the way. And I'm confident that you're only referring to the 'late arrival types' rather than all CS members.  ;D 

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2015, 04:28:07 PM »
How many people are members of the Courtside Club vs Blue & Gold Room, etc?

I don't think there will be a general flight from season tickets after this season.  I think there will be a lot of make or break next year as there is a lot of anticipation around the recruiting class.  If next year is a dud, I think you've got a real problem on your hands.
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2015, 09:02:05 PM »
Personally I find that annoying too.  Chick and I leave before the historic scoreboard film so we have enough time to get to our seats on the other side comfortably.  Plus we sometimes like to chat briefly with our son if he's down in the Eagles Nest on the way. And I'm confident that you're only referring to the 'late arrival types' rather than all CS members.  ;D 

Ha--yes, I appreciate on time pricks much more than pricks that are late to the party.  ;)

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2015, 08:02:30 AM »
How many people are members of the Courtside Club vs Blue & Gold Room, etc?

And did you know 03eng that within the Courtside Club there is a super exclusive Marquette Room for the ultra high rollers?  (No, chick and I aren't members.)  She like to refer to our slumming portion of the Courtside Club as ''The Rhombus Room of Mediocrity'.

To answer your question, President Society members (guessing that's 1,000 folks) are CS Club members assuming they have season tickets.  The Marquette Room is $10K large every year directly to Athletics Only endowments such as Blue/Gold.  No other non athletic endowment contribution counts although I'm certain that some lifetime exemptions exist.  The Zilber family is certainly welcome even if they never gave a dime to athletics, for example.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2015, 08:13:06 AM »
And did you know 03eng that within the Courtside Club there is a super exclusive Marquette Room for the ultra high rollers?  (No, chick and I aren't members.)  She like to refer to our slumming portion of the Courtside Club as ''The Rhombus Room of Mediocrity'.

To answer your question, President Society members (guessing that's 1,000 folks) are CS Club members assuming they have season tickets.  The Marquette Room is $10K large every year directly to Athletics Only endowments such as Blue/Gold.  No other non athletic endowment contribution counts although I'm certain that some lifetime exemptions exist.  The Zilber family is certainly welcome even if they never gave a dime to athletics, for example.

I knew of the ultra high swanky club....I knew a guy once who happened to talk to his cousin who knew this girl that talked to Ferris at 31 Flavors who talked about that club....I guess it's pretty nice in there.

I'm trying to decide if I float the idea of joining the Courtside Club to her or not.  It be a backdoor way of donating to Marquette, plus it might be nice to go there some times when our friends can't meet up for drinks before the game...I don't always drink alone  ;)  Cash bar the same cost as buying a beer on the concourse?

You gotta be sneaky with these damn Badger grads  ;D
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2015, 08:19:26 AM »

I'm curious where you are getting your 14,958 number.  Unless things have changed, that number would never be reported.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2015, 08:30:14 AM »
I knew of the ultra high swanky club....I knew a guy once who happened to talk to his cousin who knew this girl that talked to Ferris at 31 Flavors who talked about that club....I guess it's pretty nice in there.

I'm trying to decide if I float the idea of joining the Courtside Club to her or not.  It be a backdoor way of donating to Marquette, plus it might be nice to go there some times when our friends can't meet up for drinks before the game...I don't always drink alone  ;)  Cash bar the same cost as buying a beer on the concourse?

You gotta be sneaky with these damn Badger grads  ;D

It's really nice 03eng.  Yes, it's just cement block walls with MU and Bucks pictures on 'em with a decent bar/restaurant but it's still fun.  Halfway decent menu on the restaurant side to go along with free snacks.  Beer is $8.  

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2015, 08:31:17 AM »
I'm curious where you are getting your 14,958 number.  Unless things have changed, that number would never be reported.

The university actually reported it as part of their thank you following National Marquette Day.  Confirmed.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2015, 08:45:52 AM »
The university actually reported it as part of their thank you following National Marquette Day.  Confirmed.

thank you

Stupid on their part, but appreciate the information.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2015, 09:15:34 AM »
Personally, I'd like MU to go back to the $99 endzone seats.  That's what reeled us in from Chicago 7 years ago.  Our kids were in HS then so we really did it for 'us' and didn't mind missing games.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2015, 09:25:10 AM »
I plan to keep renewing my seats...but I have to wonder if we're near a point where (gasp!) MU considers lowering the prices a bit in the lower bowl and/or policing at the aisles to make sure people from the rafters aren't coming down. 

The declining attendance plus fuller upper bowl seems to suggest a slightly smaller differential might be in order.  And I recall just a couple of seasons ago, the usher at our section would always check our tickets (even though he recognized us, because we've sat in the same area for years).  Didn't see many folks sneaking down then.  The gaps in our area are bigger than ever...and yet the usher no longer checks.

Not saying that's the answer, but at some point you have to wonder if they need to think differently to fill the lower bowl....

Totally fair.  I'd support ushers controlling lower bowl access.  Back in the day when we had $99 seats, we used to move to better upper deck seats for poorly attended non-con games.  But I made sure not to be a pig about it and we certainly sat behind any existing season ticket holders.  To this day we'll occasionally utilize a third seat for our son if none of his buddies are coming to the game and he chooses to sit with us.  Fellow season ticket holders around us are always happy to see him and happily make room.  But this courtesy can be taken too far. 

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2015, 10:03:34 AM »
Personally, I'd like MU to go back to the $99 endzone seats. 

Well .. they're only $125 now.

I'm thinking of buying one to preserve my points instead of dropping $1400 for the whole season .. I can always scalp 4-5 games and sit in the lower bowl when I want.

Or buy two and try to recoup putting them on stubhub for $5-10.

bradley center bat

• All American
« Reply #24 on: February 27, 2015, 11:51:26 AM »
The university actually reported it as part of their thank you following National Marquette Day.  Confirmed.
Really, where?

feedback