[April 19, 2024, 11:23:24 PM]

2024 Mock Drafts by Jockey
[April 19, 2024, 11:10:31 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Jockey
[April 19, 2024, 11:09:03 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by Scoop Snoop
[April 19, 2024, 09:34:36 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Butler thoughts  (Read 21670 times)

tower912

• All American
Butler thoughts
« on: February 25, 2015, 09:01:14 PM »
1.  Predictable.   Bad team on the road against a good team.
2.  Jones and Derrick with the double T's.   I was watching those two away from the ball and then when Jones had the ball.   Jones was still peeved about getting shut down in Milwaukee.   It showed.
3.  Carlino and Juan were back, but it was clear that neither was 100%.
4.  I wish I could get angrier, but I just can't. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

MattyWarrior

• All American
Re: Butler thoughts
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2015, 09:04:54 PM »
Really hard to watch the second half, our point guard afraid to shoot or drive, we should have just started launching
threes and see what might happen.

warriorfan 14

• Starter
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2015, 09:04:59 PM »
1. one game closer to end of season
2. defense a problem again.
3. we seem to get drilled early in the 2nd half (coming out of halftime)
4. luke showed some nice things on offense, jajuan was exceptionally bad.
5. pretty much every guy on the team is wildly inconsistent with their play from game to game
6. damage control on the other board is hilarious
« Last Edit: February 25, 2015, 09:24:57 PM by warriorfan 14 »

Shark

• All American
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2015, 09:05:08 PM »
Eyes on next year. I just watch so I can appreciate some of these young guys develop.

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2015, 09:07:13 PM »
1.  Predictable.   Bad team on the road against a good team.
2.  Jones and Derrick with the double T's.   I was watching those two away from the ball and then when Jones had the ball.   Jones was still peeved about getting shut down in Milwaukee.   It showed.
3.  Carlino and Juan were back, but it was clear that neither was 100%.
4.  I wish I could get angrier, but I just can't. 
nothing to get angry about.  As you said, predictable.

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2015, 09:10:42 PM »
we are not a good team, but it's easy to see we are out manned with only 6 healthy players. Great 25 minutes and then out of gas.

nyg

• All American
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2015, 09:11:12 PM »
MU is a collection of skinny kids who can't play defense, rebound or shoot very well.

JJJ, Cohen, Fischer and Du Wilson need to bulk it up because they the opposition just out muscles them in all phases of the game.

Tonight, Butler out rebounded MU 29 to 18, with 12 to 4 on offensive boards.  That is just terrible and has been an issue, and will continue to be one.  Its like men against boys every team they play.  It made you appreciate Crowder or DJO, who had the body for offense and defense.

MU needs a bad ass PF and if Wojo gets anybody who can shoot from the outside, they will have plenty of playing time, freshman or not.  

Down three, then the technical and it was ballgame.  Dunham was exceptional and so was Woods.  Hope Butler makes NCAAs.  

warriorfan 14

• Starter
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2015, 09:12:14 PM »
MU is a collection of skinny kids who can't play defense, rebound or shoot very well.

JJJ, Cohen, Fischer and Du Wilson need to bulk it up because they the opposition just out muscles them in all phases of the game.

Tonight, Butler out rebounded MU 29 to 18, with 12 to 4 on offensive boards.  That is just terrible and has been an issue, and will continue to be one.  Its like men against boys every team they play.  It made you appreciate Crowder or DJO, who had the body for offense and defense.

MU needs a bad ass PF and if Wojo gets anybody who can shoot from the outside, they will have plenty of playing time, freshman or not.  

Down three, then the technical and it was ballgame.  Dunham was exceptional and so was Woods.  Hope Butler makes NCAAs.  

well they are certainly a lock for the tourney. could see them in the sweet 16

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2015, 09:14:02 PM »
I was pleased with STJ on O.  He's been developing alot and is really showing a lot of good moves recently. Not saying he's going to look like Crowder or Hayward next year but if he's able to add about 3 more PPG I'll be thrilled. 
Maigh Eo for Sam

chapman

• All American
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2015, 09:15:14 PM »

tower912

• All American
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2015, 09:26:21 PM »
http://scores.espn.go.com/ncb/boxscore?gameId=400588470

No surprises here, either.  

If JJJ had only played 2 more minutes, I am sure he would have scored a bunch.   
« Last Edit: February 25, 2015, 09:28:26 PM by tower912 »
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

79Warrior

• All American
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2015, 09:26:48 PM »
I was pleased with STJ on O.  He's been developing alot and is really showing a lot of good moves recently. Not saying he's going to look like Crowder or Hayward next year but if he's able to add about 3 more PPG I'll be thrilled. 

i would rather see STJ now for the rest of the season than JA.

AirPunches

• All American
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2015, 09:28:20 PM »
i would rather see STJ now for the rest of the season than JA.

Steve has picked his game up as of late. Both bigs played well tonight.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2015, 09:29:29 PM »

On O, yes. On defense, however, he gets beaten like a punching bag.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Lighthouse 84

• All American
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2015, 09:31:13 PM »
http://scores.espn.go.com/ncb/boxscore?gameId=400588470

No surprises here, either.  

If JJJ had only played 2 more minutes, I am sure he would have scored a bunch.   
I was just about to mention that!  WoJo is holding him down and throwing the games!!
HILLTOP SENIOR SURVEY from 1984 Yearbook: 
Favorite Drinking Establishment:

1. The Avalanche.              7. Major Goolsby's.
2. The Gym.                      8. Park Avenue.
3. The Ardmore.                 9. Mugrack.
4. O'Donohues.                 10. Lighthouse.
5. O'Pagets.
6. Hagerty's.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2015, 09:31:38 PM »
1. one game closer to end of season
2. defense a problem again.
3. we seem to get drilled early in the 2nd half (coming out of halftime)
4. luke showed some nice things on offense, jajuan was exceptionally bad.
5. pretty much every guy on the team is wildly inconsistent with their play from game to game
6. damage control on the other board is hilarious

He only got 23 minutes. If he got those last two, he would have had 13, 5, and 3.

I usually don't join in but I could resist  ;D

EDIT: Damn! Tower beat me to it!
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Stretchdeltsig

• All American
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2015, 09:31:52 PM »
Was really disappointed at our play and coaching.  Actually thought we would win tonight.  
1.  Luke played ok offensively but not defensively.
2.  Sandy needs to add muscle and speed up his passing.
3.  Derrick cannot play any better.  He is just not a winning point guard.
4.  Steve played well.
5. Carlin was rusty, but, showed that he is our best player.
6.  Dwayne and JJ seemed lost.
7.  Juan was not a factor.
8.  Wojo blew the game with a technical when we were down three points.  Thought he coached the whole game poorly.  Hope it was a fluke.  He doesn't coach like he played.  Poor defense and no attack offense.  

This game really makes you wonder about our future.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2015, 09:32:57 PM »
You expected MU to beat a ranked team on the road?    Really?  ::)   You also don't remember how Wojo played offense.   Look up the stats.    Watch some old video.   I watched the first 4 minutes of a Duke/UNC game and Wojo did not one time step inside the 3 pt line on offense.   
« Last Edit: February 25, 2015, 09:34:34 PM by tower912 »

GoldenWarrior11

• All American
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2015, 09:35:40 PM »
This is my concern for Wojo, whether it's coaching with his players or Buzz's.  As games (and the season) goes further and further, does the team (and players) play better?  I would have to say, right now, no - they haven't.  They have gotten blown out of numerous games this year.  The team has appeared to regress and lack any real improvement.  They don't look like they have gotten any better.  Buzz Williams is currently neck and neck with Duke, with a team full of players he didn't recruit.  So the topic cannot be that Wojo doesn't have his guys.  A good coach can compete with the players he has.  He plays to their strengths.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2015, 09:37:36 PM »
This is my concern for Wojo, whether it's coaching with his players or Buzz's.  As games (and the season) goes further and further, does the team (and players) play better?  I would have to say, right now, no - they haven't.  They have gotten blown out of numerous games this year.  The team has appeared to regress and lack any real improvement.  They don't look like they have gotten any better.  Buzz Williams is currently neck and neck with Duke, with a team full of players he didn't recruit.  So the topic cannot be that Wojo doesn't have his guys.  A good coach can compete with the players he has.  He plays to their strengths.

Buzz has coached others players before.   And prior to becoming a head coach, he coached in multiple systems.   He is better equipped at this point. 

LAZER

• All American
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2015, 09:45:20 PM »

Buzz's team is awful this year.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2015, 09:51:02 PM »
Was really disappointed at our play and coaching.  Actually thought we would win tonight.  

And I continue to be amazed by delusional fans who think a severely shorthanded, skinny, small Marquette team is going to go on the road and beat a good team.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2015, 09:51:43 PM »

This post is devoid of any look at reality. As, especially, evidenced by saying VT is neck and neck with Duke. One game does not make a sample size.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2015, 09:55:44 PM »
Butler shows the differenece a coach can make. Stephens to last year's coach to this year's coach.

nyg

• All American
« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2015, 10:04:45 PM »
I mentioned a bad ass PF.

Jamal McKay tonight 21 points, 8 rebounds and 4 blocks.  My oh my, Fischer, Ellenson and McKay frontline.........

feedback