collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Rose tears knee cartilage again  (Read 6207 times)

jsglow

• All American
Re: Rose tears knee cartilage again
« Reply #50 on: February 27, 2015, 03:01:01 PM »
I suppose one factor to consider is that each sport has either a relatively level playing field or not.  NFL: absolutely level.  Packers one of the top 3-4 franchises over the past 25 years.  Baseball:  Nothing is more tilted between the haves and the have nots.  Milwaukee has been very successful over the past 8-10 despite significant limitations.  I'd argue that no team in sports under performs worse than the Cubs given their advantages.  Maybe that'll change.  But 100+ years of horrible history should temper one's expectation.  They are the Cubs after all.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #51 on: February 27, 2015, 03:13:34 PM »
  I'd argue that no team in sports under performs worse than the Cubs given their advantages. 

Come on.  No team?  I assume you mean teams with money in "desirable" cities.  If so, you could argue the Dodgers in baseball.  The Knicks come to mind. 

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #52 on: February 27, 2015, 03:16:47 PM »
I suppose one factor to consider is that each sport has either a relatively level playing field or not.  NFL: absolutely level.  Packers one of the top 3-4 franchises over the past 25 years.  Baseball:  Nothing is more tilted between the haves and the have nots.  Milwaukee has been very successful over the past 8-10 despite significant limitations.  I'd argue that no team in sports under performs worse than the Cubs given their advantages.  Maybe that'll change.  But 100+ years of horrible history should temper one's expectation.  They are the Cubs after all.

Not to turn this into a Cubs discussion but the last 100+ years will have nothing to do with where they go today moving forward.  You can argue if a complete tear down was really the way to go (I absolutely think it was) but I have full confidence this front office will ultimately win a World Series. 

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
« Reply #53 on: February 27, 2015, 06:46:58 PM »
Not to turn this into a Cubs discussion but the last 100+ years will have nothing to do with where they go today moving forward.  You can argue if a complete tear down was really the way to go (I absolutely think it was) but I have full confidence this front office will ultimately win a World Series. 
This high horse the Brewer fans are on due their "success" is laughable. Since their World Series appearance in 1982...you know, more than 30 years ago (!)...they've made the playoffs twice. Congrats!!