'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: MU Athletics Survey  (Read 20085 times)

21rooster

• Starter
MU Athletics Survey
« on: February 23, 2015, 02:57:55 PM »
Marquette Athletics sent a survey today regarding the game-day experience. At the end of the survey, there is a section that allows you to provide text feedback regarding ways in which the game-day experience can improve. My thoughts immediately turned to the Big East rule regarding replays of controversial calls. I have previously contacted the Athletic department regarding this rule, and a spokesperson indicated that Marquette's hands are tied by the league. I realize that the league is trying to prevent in-game scrutiny of officials, but these same officials receive that same scrutiny when officiating in many other conferences, which allow replays.

If you agree with the view that PAYING season-ticketholders deserve to see replays that non-paying television viewers get, please provide that feedback. I realize that there is nothing that Marquette can unilaterally do, but consistent fan feedback may push Marquette pursue this issue in the offseason. It is in Marquette's best interest to enhance the fan experience, and this is a major flaw in the current experience. Marquette would only need to convince a handful of peers in order to change the league rule.

MUfan12

• All American
Re: MU Athletics Survey
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2015, 03:06:33 PM »
I used that comment section as well. They need to do something to freshen up the gameday experience. They've been playing the same songs, using the same in-game promos (kill the Big Noggin with fire), overall it hasn't changed much in the last 10 years.

While they're petitioning the league for more replays, they should also try and oust Cahill. The replays wouldn't be any sort of issue if the refs in this league weren't so bad.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2015, 03:19:39 PM »
I also commented on the replays as well as the in game experience. Rolling fuzzy dice, kiss cam, and appliance races on our relatively new and improved jumbotron??????

That is poor for any low major program, much less MU.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2015, 03:45:37 PM »
That comment section .. asked for "what ONE thing blah blah" .. So I only wrote one.  I was hoping that later there would be a section for additional comments .. nope.  Oops.

Overall, with pain and regret, my ratings were pretty low.  I admit it, I am simply not immune to how well (poorly) the team is playing, which means I personally value my tickets much lower than I used to.  I decided to miss over half the games this year, giving away a lot of tickets, in comparison to other years where my wife and I would miss maybe 1 game a year.

It's a combination of things .. bad on-court performance leads everything, but link that to no games against Louisville, UConn, Syracuse, Notre Dame, Pitt and the entertainment value plummets.   

I can't imagine I'm alone .. and that's a big problem for MU, as there was a thread that figured they lost 1200-1500 season tickets from last year.  They're in for another drop next year, and you gotta figure there's just zero market for new accounts.

Litehouse

• All American
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2015, 04:07:19 PM »
I used the comments section to complain about replays as well.

geagles10

• Starter
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2015, 04:14:22 PM »
I really think the music needs to be updated.  Other than the opening tip, we need to break tradition and get some new time out music / bits.  They really need to bag the "best student section in the county" it makes me cringe every time.  I think the starting line ups could also even be enhanced a little more, make it more NBA like.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2015, 04:36:09 PM »
I asked for the rebirth of a Native American dancing in a Warriors uniform to increase the fan experience.   

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2015, 04:39:13 PM »
I really think the music needs to be updated.  Other than the opening tip, we need to break tradition and get some new time out music / bits.  They really need to bag the "best student section in the county" it makes me cringe every time.  I think the starting line ups could also even be enhanced a little more, make it more NBA like.

Could you elaborate a little? I personally thought we had a pretty NBA like system there already. 
Maigh Eo for Sam

AZWarrior

• All American
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2015, 04:59:37 PM »
I asked for the rebirth of a Native American dancing in a Warriors uniform to increase the fan experience.   

Carrying a very large tomahawk?
All this talk of rights.  So little talk of responsibilities.

WI inferiority Complexes

• Team Captain
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2015, 05:03:25 PM »
Obviously, this is completely tied to on-court performance, but I felt like I had to rate the game day experience the lowest since I've started taking these surveys.

Not exactly sure what can be done, but I went from watching an often Top 25 team playing other ranked powerhouses, in front of a packed stadium, where most games fans received a giveaway. The 6 or so games I went to this year were terrible.

Groin_pull

• All American
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2015, 05:04:19 PM »

Does the band still play Elvira?

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2015, 05:09:32 PM »
That comment section .. asked for "what ONE thing blah blah" .. So I only wrote one.  I was hoping that later there would be a section for additional comments .. nope.  Oops.

Overall, with pain and regret, my ratings were pretty low.  I admit it, I am simply not immune to how well (poorly) the team is playing, which means I personally value my tickets much lower than I used to.  I decided to miss over half the games this year, giving away a lot of tickets, in comparison to other years where my wife and I would miss maybe 1 game a year.

It's a combination of things .. bad on-court performance leads everything, but link that to no games against Louisville, UConn, Syracuse, Notre Dame, Pitt and the entertainment value plummets.   

I can't imagine I'm alone .. and that's a big problem for MU, as there was a thread that figured they lost 1200-1500 season tickets from last year.  They're in for another drop next year, and you gotta figure there's just zero market for new accounts.

Thought maybe you'd use the opportunity to vent 'bout potential unaffordable tuition in 2025, ai na?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2015, 05:38:10 PM »
Thought maybe you'd use the opportunity to vent 'bout potential unaffordable tuition in 2025, ai na?

Welp, writing that there would have just about as much impact as telling the MUAD they need to bring back Warrior, drop prices and get UL back on the schedule.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2015, 06:27:40 PM »

Marquette not winning the past two years is the major problem. The Big East is still strong.
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

Eldon

• All American
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2015, 07:06:40 PM »
Marquette Athletics sent a survey today regarding the game-day experience. At the end of the survey, there is a section that allows you to provide text feedback regarding ways in which the game-day experience can improve. My thoughts immediately turned to the Big East rule regarding replays of controversial calls. I have previously contacted the Athletic department regarding this rule, and a spokesperson indicated that Marquette's hands are tied by the league. I realize that the league is trying to prevent in-game scrutiny of officials, but these same officials receive that same scrutiny when officiating in many other conferences, which allow replays.

If you agree with the view that PAYING season-ticketholders deserve to see replays that non-paying television viewers get, please provide that feedback. I realize that there is nothing that Marquette can unilaterally do, but consistent fan feedback may push Marquette pursue this issue in the offseason. It is in Marquette's best interest to enhance the fan experience, and this is a major flaw in the current experience. Marquette would only need to convince a handful of peers in order to change the league rule.

I had no idea this rule existed.  What is the justification? Not hurting the refs' feelings? Really?

Maybe Val can get on that, whenever she finally leaves Office Depot, that is.

marquette09

• All American
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2015, 09:14:32 PM »
I used that comment section as well. They need to do something to freshen up the gameday experience. They've been playing the same songs, using the same in-game promos (kill the Big Noggin with fire), overall it hasn't changed much in the last 10 years.

While they're petitioning the league for more replays, they should also try and oust Cahill. The replays wouldn't be any sort of issue if the refs in this league weren't so bad.

It's not so much the refs in the league as it is NCAA refs in general.  These guys work too many games in too many different cities.  Until the NCAA imposes a limit for number of games worked per week the quality will be bad.   

Blackhat

• All American
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2015, 09:16:49 PM »
Didn't Cahill just get the National Championship game last year..

Litehouse

• All American
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2015, 09:23:01 PM »
It's not so much the refs in the league as it is NCAA refs in general.  These guys work too many games in too many different cities.  Until the NCAA imposes a limit for number of games worked per week the quality will be bad.   

I don't know.  If they didn't work as many games and we had to hire new guys that couldn't beat out the current guys, things might actually be worse.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2015, 09:27:24 PM »
I wrote that the cheerleaders need to lose the 1950s hair ribbon.

LloydsLegs

• All American
« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2015, 09:44:58 PM »
I wrote that the cheerleaders need to lose the 1950s hair ribbon.

Every single time they show the cheerleaders on tv, Mrs. Legs says almost the same thing (she refers back to the "80s ribbons"). 

Celtic Truth

• Starter
  • THE TRUTH
« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2015, 09:56:32 PM »
The on court performance could have definitely been better this year but other than that I think the game day experience is just fine. Ill provide a little non biased outside perspective.

I brought my dad to his 1st Marquette game this year(the Gtown game), and he was blown away be the experience/environment. Granted it was an amazing game and we played well but that wasn't all. He is a pretty big college basketball fan and we'd been to a few different venues together for games.[BC, Boston Univ, Harvard, UConn, Fordham(vs Xavier), Umass, St Johns(vs ND at MSG) and Seton Hall(vs L'ville, and vs Syracuse)]. He thought that the experience at Marquette was "big time" and on a completely different level. He was amazed at the crowd, and in particular the student section that filled the upper deck. He honestly just couldn't say enough about the atmosphere, and every aspect of it.

I think that as Marquette fans we know we have a great program but we try to convince ourselves that we aren't as good as others because we are a smaller school or something. I know we have had 2 tough years but our program is top notch. We play in an NBA arena, we have a great tradition of success, we have a very passionate fanbase, and we put a ton of money into the program. Most schools in the country envy programs like ours and would kill to have the resources that we have at our fingertips. We'll be just fine.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2015, 10:30:06 PM »
Didn't Cahill just get the National Championship game last year..

No.

Warrior Code

• All American
  • Undefeated since 1960
« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2015, 11:37:46 PM »
What does it take to attract a top-notch band? Without being too critical, I've always felt ours leaves something to be desired. Participation and enthusiasm seem to be lacking. Can we get someone to compose a few songs specific to MU (in addition to the flight song and alma mater) instead of just playing instrumental versions of pop songs? I've always felt the band is one of the unique game day aspects that separates college from the pros in a positive way.
Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBCode and smileys may be used in your signature.

kryza

• Team Captain
« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2015, 01:26:46 AM »
I brought my dad to his 1st Marquette game this year(the Gtown game), and he was blown away be the experience/environment.

The gtown game was the best game of the year by far. I'm really happy it was my nephews first college game. The energy that day was there from the tipoff. I thought the Nova game would have it too, but it just wasn't there.

I definitely think we need to upgrade our timeout game though. I just came back from the Bulls-Bucks game and they had awesome timeout gags that were original and entertaining. It really kept the crowd "rowdy" despite it being a blowout.

Skitch

• All American
« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2015, 03:56:16 AM »
What does it take to attract a top-notch band? Without being too critical, I've always felt ours leaves something to be desired. Participation and enthusiasm seem to be lacking. Can we get someone to compose a few songs specific to MU (in addition to the flight song and alma mater) instead of just playing instrumental versions of pop songs? I've always felt the band is one of the unique game day aspects that separates college from the pros in a positive way.

I think that would require offering a major in music which I'm pretty sure Marquette does not.  Isn't that band kind of like a club at MU?