[April 23, 2024, 09:42:02 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[April 23, 2024, 09:23:41 PM]

Best case scenarios by Frenns Liquor Depot
[April 23, 2024, 03:55:21 PM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[April 23, 2024, 11:02:10 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Marquette Lacrosse  (Read 144930 times)

Jables1604

• Team Captain
Re: Marquette Lacrosse
« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2015, 07:44:14 PM »
On second thought, you're right Hutch.  Lacrosse belongs in the Superbar.  Apparently, however, long-winded discussions on the Minnesota Twins  lineup and managerial changes is appropriate fodder for the Al.  My bad.

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2015, 07:44:20 PM »
I love it when guys click on a thread for the sole purpose of complaining that they have no interest in reading that thread.  If you're that busy and pressed for time don't click on it. I'm tired of the same 8 posters re-hashing everything thats right and/or wrong with Marquette basketball.  This board could use some positive news.

Hey genius, you called yourself out on this being in the wrong place when you posted it!!!

This is a basketball board to discuss all things MU basketball and not be cluttered up by lacrosse news.  There's a reason there's a Superbar, and why stuff that doesn't belong here gets moved over there.

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2015, 07:45:05 PM »
Not to mention, that's what the "Report to Moderator" function is for.

Well I've tried that route already Sultan.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #28 on: February 16, 2015, 07:45:14 PM »
Most the guys I've met on the Lax team are a bunch of tools.  I used to play on the club team and tried talking to them about lax and they were too cool to be talked to.  I know if anybody who's boxed comes up to me I gladly talk to them, if you talk to the basketball players about hoops they'll talk (at least hayward and butler used to).  This is one team that I just won't root for.  
Maigh Eo for Sam

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #29 on: February 16, 2015, 07:46:02 PM »
On second thought, you're right Hutch.  Lacrosse belongs in the Superbar.  Apparently, however, long-winded discussions on the Minnesota Twins  lineup and managerial changes is appropriate fodder for the Al.  My bad.

Don't know WTF you're talking about, but ok, sure, I agree that discussion shouldn't be in here either.  However, I don't find it as a topic?
« Last Edit: February 16, 2015, 07:49:32 PM by HutchwasClutch »

Jables1604

• Team Captain
« Reply #30 on: February 16, 2015, 07:54:58 PM »
Most boxers I've met a woodheads who want to settle everything with their fists.  But I guess I shouldn't make generalized statements.

Blackhat

• All American
« Reply #31 on: February 16, 2015, 08:05:50 PM »
Maybe it should be moved....I'm getting a Michael Douglas in Falling Down vibe in here.   We don't need Real Chili held up tonight.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #32 on: February 16, 2015, 08:06:44 PM »
Well I've tried that route already Sultan.

Well the moderators don't care then.  It's their board.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #33 on: February 16, 2015, 08:07:03 PM »
Most the guys I've met on the Lax team are a bunch of tools.  I used to play on the club team and tried talking to them about lax and they were too cool to be talked to.  I know if anybody who's boxed comes up to me I gladly talk to them, if you talk to the basketball players about hoops they'll talk (at least hayward and butler used to).  This is one team that I just won't root for. 

No one really cares.

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #34 on: February 16, 2015, 08:09:30 PM »

Well the moderators don't care then.  It's their board.

Standing up for the mods now.  Goodness your opinions flip quickly, don't they?

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #35 on: February 16, 2015, 08:11:01 PM »
Standing up for the mods now.  Goodness your opinions flip quickly, don't they?

Not standing up for them.  Stating reality.

WarhawkWarrior

• Team Captain
« Reply #36 on: February 16, 2015, 08:13:14 PM »
Moderators must be concerned about stats vs basketball content :(

Jables1604

• Team Captain
« Reply #37 on: February 16, 2015, 08:16:00 PM »
You guys are right.  My bad.

If I escalated things it's on me.

My intent was to point out a positive development in Marquette athletics.  If the placement rubbed people the wrong way my apologies.

I played lacrosse at Marquette from 86-90.  Back in the day we would be scraping 12 or 13 guys together just to field a team.  We had to pay our own way.  Buy our own equipment (everything from uniforms to goals).  Drive ourselves to road games and find our own "accomodations" for overnight trips.  Most of the time our "fans" consisted of a few students and vagrants who happened to wander onto King Field for the free beverages after the game.

Those are some of my fondest memories of my time at Marquette.

When I found out lacrose was bexcoming a varsity sport I was thrilled.  I understand that not everyone shares my enthusiasm.

In the future I will temper my comments.

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #38 on: February 16, 2015, 08:27:19 PM »

My intent was to point out a positive development in Marquette athletics.  If the placement rubbed people the wrong way my apologies.

I played lacrosse at Marquette from 86-90.  Back in the day we would be scraping 12 or 13 guys together just to field a team.  We had to pay our own way.  Buy our own equipment (everything from uniforms to goals).  Drive ourselves to road games and find our own "accomodations" for overnight trips.  Most of the time our "fans" consisted of a few students and vagrants who happened to wander onto King Field for the free beverages after the game.

When I found out lacrose was bexcoming a varsity sport I was thrilled.  I understand that not everyone shares my enthusiasm.

My comments weren't directed at you until you made your snide remarks  to my post about having this moved.  I don't care that it ended up here to begin with.  If that would have been my beef, I wouldn't have waited until today to remark about it.   But when a totally off topic thread languishes going on a third day, that's what irritates me.  Period.  And I'm done commenting now on this, it bothers me more apparently than those who are supposedly moderating this board.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #39 on: February 16, 2015, 08:42:27 PM »

No one really cares.

You know you're the only person on here who just seems to be crabby no matter what. Heck I've posted stuff agreeing with you that you've still argued about. 
Maigh Eo for Sam

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #40 on: February 16, 2015, 08:49:05 PM »
Most boxers I've met a woodheads who want to settle everything with their fists.  But I guess I shouldn't make generalized statements.

Maybe you should go meet some more boxers, in fact if I had to guess I'd say that you're personally invested in the lax team and because my post called some people on your team out you wanted to just lash out in a similar way with very little to no actual personal experience to back up that position. 
Maigh Eo for Sam

Jables1604

• Team Captain
« Reply #41 on: February 16, 2015, 09:03:38 PM »
For the record, my roomate junior and senior year was the Golden Gloves Midwest champion.  From Omaha.  Probably no more than 125 pounds soaking wet.  To this day the toughest bastard I've ever met.  I've also represented at least half a dozen boxers in my legal career.  You're right though.  I am vested in the lacrosse program.  I just don't like statements condemning an entire group based on experiences with a few members of that certain group.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #42 on: February 16, 2015, 09:17:14 PM »
For the record, my roomate junior and senior year was the Golden Gloves Midwest champion.  From Omaha.  Probably no more than 125 pounds soaking wet.  To this day the toughest bastard I've ever met.  I've also represented at least half a dozen boxers in my legal career.  You're right though.  I am vested in the lacrosse program.  I just don't like statements condemning an entire group based on experiences with a few members of that certain group.

I didn't condemn the entire group, was very careful about that as it's my pet peeve to, I said 'most of the guys I've met were tools'.  Based that on the guys I met in Schroeder, the guys I met at the senior camping trip last year and the guy who beat up the DPS officer on acid.  I suppose that one of those groups graduated and that one guy got expelled but till I'm shown otherwise I'll figure that's the type of guy that Amplo recruits. 
Maigh Eo for Sam

Jables1604

• Team Captain
« Reply #43 on: February 16, 2015, 09:34:19 PM »
I promise this is the last time I'll post on this topic and in this thread but I can't let your response go without addressing what you say. Your original post on this topic said that you had no desire to support the team based on your interaction with a few members. When I question your making a generalized statement about the lacrosse team you respond that, in fact, that's not what you're doing. Yet in the exact same comment you write that you'll assume ALL of Coach Amplo's recruits are the same based on your interactions with only a few. That's not making a generalized statement? C'mon. If you're going to make a blanket statement about ALL of the players on the team at least be man enough to own it.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #44 on: February 16, 2015, 10:02:10 PM »
I promise this is the last time I'll post on this topic and in this thread but I can't let your response go without addressing what you say. Your original post on this topic said that you had no desire to support the team based on your interaction with a few members. When I question your making a generalized statement about the lacrosse team you respond that, in fact, that's not what you're doing. Yet in the exact same comment you write that you'll assume ALL of Coach Amplo's recruits are the same based on your interactions with only a few. That's not making a generalized statement? C'mon. If you're going to make a blanket statement about ALL of the players on the team at least be man enough to own it.

Hmm you're right there, I forgot I posted that part.  Then let me go ahead and rephrase it: till I'm confident that those individuals are gone (probably this year or next) or see some stories that make me think the character of the team is improving I'll continue to think that but will not let it reflect my opinion of future teams barring stories of dps officers beat up or talking to  these guys with them thinking they're Gods gift to man kind. 

Sorry if my experience and then opinion of the team included your [son, nephew, neighbor, brother, etc] I'm sure he's an upstanding individual and hope that he can be the one that brings some heartwarming story to the public's eye that makes me think that the team's actual full of good people now days. 
Maigh Eo for Sam

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #45 on: February 17, 2015, 12:44:41 AM »

I went to a few of your games back in the day.

Skitch

• All American
« Reply #46 on: February 17, 2015, 02:52:16 AM »
Hmm you're right there, I forgot I posted that part.  Then let me go ahead and rephrase it: till I'm confident that those individuals are gone (probably this year or next) or see some stories that make me think the character of the team is improving I'll continue to think that but will not let it reflect my opinion of future teams barring stories of dps officers beat up or talking to  these guys with them thinking they're Gods gift to man kind. 

Sorry if my experience and then opinion of the team included your [son, nephew, neighbor, brother, etc] I'm sure he's an upstanding individual and hope that he can be the one that brings some heartwarming story to the public's eye that makes me think that the team's actual full of good people now days. 

Maybe I'm confusing people here but aren't you the one that gets angry when people put down the frats at Marquette based on their limited interactions with them?  That seems like exactly what you are doing here.  Also the way you describe the lacrosse players is the way a lot of people were describing the frat guys.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #47 on: February 17, 2015, 08:03:34 AM »
Maybe I'm confusing people here but aren't you the one that gets angry when people put down the frats at Marquette based on their limited interactions with them?  That seems like exactly what you are doing here.  Also the way you describe the lacrosse players is the way a lot of people were describing the frat guys.

Nope not me at all that was Chitown
Maigh Eo for Sam

Skitch

• All American
« Reply #48 on: February 17, 2015, 02:10:22 PM »
Nope not me at all that was Chitown

Gotcha. I really need to keep better track of who is who.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #49 on: February 17, 2015, 02:48:42 PM »
Gotcha. I really need to keep better track of who is who.

I keep a spreadsheet.