[Today at 09:34:04 AM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by GoldenEagles03
[Today at 08:56:20 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[April 23, 2024, 09:23:41 PM]

Best case scenarios by Frenns Liquor Depot
[April 23, 2024, 03:55:21 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Marquette offers 2015 PG Traci Carter  (Read 148633 times)

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
Re: Marquette offers 2015 PG Traci Carter
« Reply #300 on: March 06, 2015, 09:58:19 AM »

If a player leaves because he is afraid of some competition from some incoming freshmen then good riddance. I want the type of player who will use that as added incentive and motivation to improve
. It's ridiculous to let that possibility drive your recruiting philosophy and decisions.

I agree with this.  Looking back to 2004-05, we had two good guards (Joe Chapman and Dameon Mason) scheduled to return.  But in 2005-06, we had the amigos coming in.  Chapman stood up to the challenge, and had a solid senior season for MU.  Mason left for LSU.  Dameon certainly had the talent to help MU in his final two seasons, but if he didn't want to compete with the amigos and risk coming off the bench, it was better for both sides that he left.

I don't know what JJJ is thinking and hope he stays.  We'll probably know soon.

humanlung

• Team Captain
« Reply #301 on: March 06, 2015, 10:38:22 AM »
Traci's a football player?

Ok.  That's funny.

goldeneagle91114

• All American
« Reply #302 on: March 06, 2015, 11:33:04 AM »
Let's say we do land Carter, would Wojo and staff still pursue Dequon Miller? maybe it's just me, but I get nervous letting a true freshman run the point. If we were to add Miller, it would allow Carter to ease into the speed of college basketball and he would be a great "first man on the bench". Plus, by the time Carter was an upperclassman, Miller would be gone, and it would be his team to run.

Question for those in the know. If we land Carter, and Miller makes grades, will we still pursue?

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #303 on: March 06, 2015, 12:49:27 PM »
Let's say we do land Carter, would Wojo and staff still pursue Dequon Miller? maybe it's just me, but I get nervous letting a true freshman run the point. If we were to add Miller, it would allow Carter to ease into the speed of college basketball and he would be a great "first man on the bench". Plus, by the time Carter was an upperclassman, Miller would be gone, and it would be his team to run.

Question for those in the know. If we land Carter, and Miller makes grades, will we still pursue?

Great question, and I'm wondering the same. Right now I fully expect the staff to pursue 1-2 transfers. If I were laying money, I'd say one regular transfer and one grad student. Possible they look at a JUCO or two instead, but I'm starting to think onepostellenson was right when he indicated the JUCO targets were backup plans to guys like Anim and Carter.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #304 on: March 06, 2015, 12:52:46 PM »
Great question, and I'm wondering the same. Right now I fully expect the staff to pursue 1-2 transfers. If I were laying money, I'd say one regular transfer and one grad student. Possible they look at a JUCO or two instead, but I'm starting to think onepostellenson was right when he indicated the JUCO targets were backup plans to guys like Anim and Carter.

I think O'Field ends up at MU. Wojo and staff following him on Twitter (not the case with Miller or any other JUCO) and O'field follows any MU fan that follows him.

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #305 on: March 06, 2015, 12:53:12 PM »

I know what position I'd like to fill with Moore of an option... (get my drift brew?!?!?)
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #306 on: March 06, 2015, 12:54:17 PM »
I think O'Field ends up at MU. Wojo and staff following him on Twitter (not the case with Miller or any other JUCO) and O'field follows any MU fan that follows him.

It's possible, and with 3 years of eligibility, I think he's the most likely possible JUCO we have looked at. However like Outlaw to Anim and Miller to Carter, I think he might be a backup plan.

Earl Tatum

• All American
« Reply #307 on: March 06, 2015, 01:35:42 PM »
A name was brought up on another blog---Malik Ellison of Bryn Mar, Pa. Is he worth a schollie?

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #308 on: March 06, 2015, 01:39:21 PM »
I know what position I'd like to fill with Moore of an option... (get my drift brew?!?!?)

Guessing you're hoping Wojo can Nic a grad transfer PG ;)

I would like that, though if not, we could always Gbinje someone else a shot.

Earl Tatum

• All American
« Reply #309 on: March 06, 2015, 01:57:51 PM »
Malik Ellison is Pervis Ellison's son.  Thoughts on Boeheim and Syracuse getting the book thrown at them.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #310 on: March 06, 2015, 04:26:45 PM »

So you're hoping for a gift from St. Nick, huh?
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #311 on: March 06, 2015, 06:17:50 PM »
fwiw, I don't see Wally at the 4 (at least I can't call it that.. he can be the fourth guard/wing out there though... and crash the O-glass something crazy... but guarding a 4 in BEast? ehhh)... and Haanif... don't see him getting regular minutes at PG.

The options available next year though are fun.
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #312 on: March 07, 2015, 03:19:01 PM »
Any Traci Carter sightings at the game? Glad we got the victory while he was here.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #313 on: March 07, 2015, 03:26:21 PM »
Any Traci Carter sightings at the game? Glad we got the victory while he was here.

Saw him hanging out on the bench pregame. No taller than 5'9"

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #314 on: March 07, 2015, 03:45:05 PM »

He's definitely taller than 5'9.

mhendrick

• Starter
« Reply #315 on: March 07, 2015, 05:59:05 PM »
going by his tweet yesterday it does not sound like the visit went well.

Dawson Rental

• All American
« Reply #316 on: March 07, 2015, 05:59:32 PM »

He's definitely taller than 5'9.

Maybe ChitownJuan saw Darrell Riley, instead?

No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

MattyWarrior

• All American
« Reply #317 on: March 07, 2015, 06:14:26 PM »
So how did the visit go?

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #318 on: March 07, 2015, 06:20:01 PM »

Just went to check out what you meant by this.  So you think his quoting of a Kendrick Lamar line means the visit sucked?  Well, yeah, we're effed.

::) :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D  ::)
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Dawson Rental

• All American
« Reply #319 on: March 07, 2015, 06:22:54 PM »
Just went to check out what you meant by this.  So you think his quoting of a Kendrick Lamar line means the visit sucked?  Well, yeah, we're effed.

::) :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D  ::)

Recruits being around always gets the trolls oozing out of the woodwork.  Who was the guy who insisted that Henry Ellenson's visit was a disaster?

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #320 on: March 07, 2015, 06:23:00 PM »

LMAO
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #321 on: March 07, 2015, 06:28:12 PM »

....wow
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #322 on: March 07, 2015, 06:36:22 PM »
To get back on topic, Chick and I believe we saw Traci with his dad outside the locker room.  His group seemed to be about 4 people and it seemed to be all business.  I commented that having his dad by his side on a visit was a good sign.  While MU is above board, I can't imagine the BS that might occur as some schools.  Too cold for the ice cream truck?

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #323 on: March 07, 2015, 07:03:07 PM »
To get back on topic, Chick and I believe we saw Traci with his dad outside the locker room.  His group seemed to be about 4 people and it seemed to be all business.  I commented that having his dad by his side on a visit was a good sign.  While MU is above board, I can't imagine the BS that might occur as some schools.  Too cold for the ice cream truck?
Was it his dad or a coach...?   Guy was a lot bigger than Traci.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #324 on: March 07, 2015, 07:24:53 PM »
Recruits being around always gets the trolls oozing out of the woodwork.  Who was the guy who insisted that Henry Ellenson's visit was a disaster?

If mhendrick is a guy by the same name that I graduated from MU with, he is about the biggest doucher I have ever met, so there is that.
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.