[Today at 05:29:26 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[Today at 05:04:53 PM]

2024 Mock Drafts by Uncle Rico
[Today at 04:46:35 PM]

NIL Future by MU82
[Today at 03:21:43 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Marquette offers 2015 PG Traci Carter  (Read 148571 times)

jesmu84

• All American
Re: Marquette offers 2015 PG Traci Carter
« Reply #250 on: March 04, 2015, 06:52:48 PM »
Said player is pretty homesick. That should be be enough info to fill in the blanks based on the demographic of our roster. Again, not saying things wont change but as of this moment, thats where the situation is at.

Well, that's unfortunate. Allegedly, he lost his 2 close friends, so, can't say I'm surprised. But still sucks.

Shark

• All American
« Reply #251 on: March 04, 2015, 06:58:56 PM »
But JJJ just tweeted he loves being at Marquette

Jables1604

• Team Captain
« Reply #252 on: March 04, 2015, 07:28:11 PM »
I blame Ners for messing with his head.

brandx

« Reply #253 on: March 04, 2015, 08:11:36 PM »
Four McDonalds All-Americans, including the best center in the nation for three years and perhaps the best guard in the country for two seasons ... and LSU won 2 NCAA tournament games from 1989-92.

Now THAT'S some impressive underachieving.

Dale couldn't coach a lick, but he was a heckuva salesman/hustler.

muhoops1

• All American
« Reply #254 on: March 04, 2015, 09:14:28 PM »
But JJJ just tweeted he loves being at Marquette

I heard he made some comment about being at a Private School.  Oh well.  Or is Cohen transferring to UWGB?

Shark

• All American
« Reply #255 on: March 04, 2015, 09:21:02 PM »
I heard he made some comment about being at a Private School.  Oh well.  Or is Cohen transferring to UWGB?

If there's one thing you should learn from scoop...it is to not trust "sources"

muhoops1

• All American
« Reply #256 on: March 04, 2015, 09:32:07 PM »
Maybe JaJuan informed Wojo at half that he's leaving.  Not on the floor yet.....

AirPunches

• All American
« Reply #257 on: March 04, 2015, 09:33:09 PM »
Would anyone other than maybe Grambling want JJJ?

Stretchdeltsig

• All American
« Reply #258 on: March 04, 2015, 09:34:05 PM »
JJ is just so inconsistent.  You never know when he's going to play well.

muhoops1

• All American
« Reply #259 on: March 04, 2015, 09:37:07 PM »
We're just so bad...

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #260 on: March 04, 2015, 09:43:52 PM »
has Carter arrived yet, and can we get him in some games this year?
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #261 on: March 04, 2015, 09:47:23 PM »
Would anyone other than maybe Grambling want JJJ?

JjJ could do very well at a Tennessee Tech, East Tennessee State, UT Martin, etc. I also wouldn't be surprised if a team like Memphis, Ole Miss, or Vandy take a flier on him. He's got the athletic ability, he just doesn't have the fundamentals. In theory, those can be taught.

I also don't believe that JjJ is for sure gone. He was for sure gone last season and Wojo still brought him back.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Groin_pull

• All American
« Reply #262 on: March 04, 2015, 11:06:33 PM »
JjJ could do very well at a Tennessee Tech, East Tennessee State, UT Martin, etc. I also wouldn't be surprised if a team like Memphis, Ole Miss, or Vandy take a flier on him. He's got the athletic ability, he just doesn't have the fundamentals. In theory, those can be taught.

I also don't believe that JjJ is for sure gone. He was for sure gone last season and Wojo still brought him back.

Memphis, Vandy, Ole Miss will have zero interest. He needs to find a home at a low- or mid-major. No one in the Power 5 will want him.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #263 on: March 05, 2015, 12:52:46 AM »
Memphis, Vandy, Ole Miss will have zero interest. He needs to find a home at a low- or mid-major. No one in the Power 5 will want him.

Might be true, but I doubt you're right. Jajuan has elite level speed and that will appeal to some. Not any top teams, but some of the not so good Power 5 teams will at least check him out. His numbers aren't as bad as everyone on here thinks they are.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

ecompt

• All American
« Reply #264 on: March 05, 2015, 06:19:11 AM »

That's before he saw him play this season.
s before

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #265 on: March 05, 2015, 08:14:15 AM »
I think our returning players all have interesting decisions.  Both Luke and Duane will see themselves correctly as starters.  Both are local kids with upsides on a Big East team that will be better next year.  Steve will be a Senior and on track to graduate.  I'd be shocked if he left when he didn't last year.  Sandy saw way more opportunity than most Freshmen typically see and showed he has the ability to contribute and can expect to continue to do that going forward. 

JjJ has the most interesting decision.  Seemingly somewhat over matched at the high D-1 level, I'd think he'd view the incoming recruiting class as a genuine threat to his playing time.  Does he go the route of a Jamail Jones or Jamal Ferguson?  Would a Murray State be interested?  Surely a UT-Martin would be.  Only he can decide if that's his next move.  And if he does I absolutely wish him well.

Look, I want all our kids to be successful and happy.  I give great credit to JjJ for listening to his coach and fighting hard for his team this year.  He could have bailed at Christmas but didn't, probably in everyone's best interest.  But I wonder if a change of scenery might do him good now.  Only he and his family can decide that.

warriorfan 14

• Starter
« Reply #266 on: March 05, 2015, 08:21:44 AM »
it wouldn't be marquette if we didn't have an off-season transfer

Groin_pull

• All American
« Reply #267 on: March 05, 2015, 08:59:41 AM »
it wouldn't be marquette if we didn't have an off-season transfer

Death. Taxes. And MU transfers.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #268 on: March 05, 2015, 09:00:57 AM »
it wouldn't be marquette D-1 college hoops if we didn't have an off-season transfer

FIFY

GoldenWarrior11

• All American
« Reply #269 on: March 05, 2015, 09:06:21 AM »
I'd be sad to see JJJ leave.  I feel he would be better served with more talent around him (being more of a complimentary piece rather than a go-to guy).  Let's face it, this year's team was severely lacking with ready, D-1 talent.  With the incoming players next year, including some hopeful graduate transfer(s), there should be more talent filling out the roster - allowing him to better showcase his athletic ability and improved basketball skills.  Duane and Luke will be better, Cohen will improve, Taylor will finally play his position.  He will be one of the leaders on the team.

I hope he stays, works hard this summer, and becomes a regular contributor next season.

connie

• All American
« Reply #270 on: March 05, 2015, 09:10:01 AM »
Love this cryptic stuff. Makes life interesting.

OK ... I'll start ... I can't believe we're losing Mache!

(Don't know which one; take your pick.)
I bet Juan.  Didn't we go through this already?
"Let's be careful out there."  Phil Esterhaus

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #271 on: March 05, 2015, 09:10:20 AM »
I think our returning players all have interesting decisions.  Both Luke and Duane will see themselves correctly as starters.  Both are local kids with upsides on a Big East team that will be better next year.  Steve will be a Senior and on track to graduate.  I'd be shocked if he left when he didn't last year.  Sandy saw way more opportunity than most Freshmen typically see and showed he has the ability to contribute and can expect to continue to do that going forward. 

JjJ has the most interesting decision.  Seemingly somewhat over matched at the high D-1 level, I'd think he'd view the incoming recruiting class as a genuine threat to his playing time.  Does he go the route of a Jamail Jones or Jamal Ferguson?  Would a Murray State be interested?  Surely a UT-Martin would be.  Only he can decide if that's his next move.  And if he does I absolutely wish him well.

Look, I want all our kids to be successful and happy.  I give great credit to JjJ for listening to his coach and fighting hard for his team this year.  He could have bailed at Christmas but didn't, probably in everyone's best interest.  But I wonder if a change of scenery might do him good now.  Only he and his family can decide that.
Do you really believe that JJJ thinks he is somewhat over matched at this level? I don't think he feels that way. He has had an up and down year, but he still attacks the basket confidently, so it doesn't appear he feels he is overmatched, and he has had some 20 point games.
And what about the incoming class should make him feel threatened? He was more highly rated than those (except Ellenson). If JJJ should feel that way, then that same logic would hold for Sandy.
Do agree that he and his family must decide, especially if he feels he is not close enough to family and friends. Whatever he does, good luck to him.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

Lighthouse 84

• All American
« Reply #272 on: March 05, 2015, 09:12:24 AM »
I know it's JjJ's decision, but he should get major time next year to play and prove he's ready for a major role on this team. Does he really want to sit a year and then play for a mid major team or maybe a high major that isn't on TV as much as a Big East team?  

I see a lot of upside in JjJ staying, both for him and the program, especially if he can hit the weight room and take 1,000 shots a day over the summer. If he can improve like Vander did from Sophomore year to Junior year, as the great and powerful Ners said he could, he'd be a great keep.
HILLTOP SENIOR SURVEY from 1984 Yearbook: 
Favorite Drinking Establishment:

1. The Avalanche.              7. Major Goolsby's.
2. The Gym.                      8. Park Avenue.
3. The Ardmore.                 9. Mugrack.
4. O'Donohues.                 10. Lighthouse.
5. O'Pagets.
6. Hagerty's.

Lighthouse 84

• All American
« Reply #273 on: March 05, 2015, 09:16:19 AM »
I bet Juan.  Didn't we go through this already?
Juan is a senior.  Unless he's going the Otule route, I think he's leaving.
HILLTOP SENIOR SURVEY from 1984 Yearbook: 
Favorite Drinking Establishment:

1. The Avalanche.              7. Major Goolsby's.
2. The Gym.                      8. Park Avenue.
3. The Ardmore.                 9. Mugrack.
4. O'Donohues.                 10. Lighthouse.
5. O'Pagets.
6. Hagerty's.

Litehouse

• All American
« Reply #274 on: March 05, 2015, 09:20:16 AM »
He flipped.

Not just that... Meyer flipped his Carter prediction from UConn to MU, but Meyer and 2 others also just picked a different 2015 PG, Nych Smith, to UConn.

feedback