[Today at 01:41:53 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Frenns Liquor Depot
[Today at 10:35:42 AM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by withoutbias
[Today at 10:29:19 AM]

NM by tower912
[Today at 08:24:31 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Marquette offers 2015 PG Traci Carter  (Read 148658 times)

wadesworld

• All American
Re: Marquette offers 2015 PG Traci Carter
« Reply #225 on: March 04, 2015, 03:51:33 PM »
Respect the process, ai'na?
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

VegasWarrior77

• All American
« Reply #226 on: March 04, 2015, 04:11:12 PM »
And we'll probably be passed by LSU when they sign Malik Newman. But really impressive class for MU, especially if Carter commits.

Chad Lykins
‏@CLykinsBlog
Using @247Sports class calculator, #LSU projects to land the No. 1 class in 2015 w/ the addition of Malik Newman.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." Albert Einstein

Groin_pull

• All American
« Reply #227 on: March 04, 2015, 04:17:42 PM »
Chad Lykins
‏@CLykinsBlog
Using @247Sports class calculator, #LSU projects to land the No. 1 class in 2015 w/ the addition of Malik Newman.

How does LSU land the #1 class in college hoops? Hmmmmmmmm.

VegasWarrior77

• All American
« Reply #228 on: March 04, 2015, 04:19:41 PM »
OT: Marcus LoVett is a senior and he hasn't even taken his ACT/SAT exam?

Jerry Meyer
‏@jerrymeyer247
2015 4-star PG Marcus LoVett postpones decision per @michaelsobrien. Hasn't taken ACT. Hasn't visited St. John's. http://bit.ly/1NgWvxQ

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." Albert Einstein

VegasWarrior77

• All American
« Reply #229 on: March 04, 2015, 04:24:25 PM »
How does LSU land the #1 class in college hoops? Hmmmmmmmm.

They already had the #1 and #18 ranked players signed (attached):

oldwarrior81

• All American
« Reply #230 on: March 04, 2015, 04:26:34 PM »
Johhny Jones must be doing something right in Baton Rogue.

Dale Brown had a couple stretches with three top ten seasons in 79-81.  Then a second run 90-92 with three ranked teams when Shaq and Chris Jackson were there.

I believe current Head Coach Johnny Jones played on those 79-81 teams with Rudy Macklin, including the Final Four run in '81.

Groin_pull

• All American
« Reply #231 on: March 04, 2015, 04:30:51 PM »
They already had the #1 and #18 ranked players signed (attached):

Yes, I understand the math...just missing how all these studs ended up at LSU. Bet we find out in a couple of years. Cough...NCAA investigation...cough.

VegasWarrior77

• All American
« Reply #232 on: March 04, 2015, 04:38:13 PM »
Yes, I understand the math...just missing how all these studs ended up at LSU. Bet we find out in a couple of years. Cough...NCAA investigation...cough.

Gotcha... Johnny Jones is just a good recruiter...(?)

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #233 on: March 04, 2015, 04:39:34 PM »

Ben Simmons is somehow related to one of their assistant coaches.  Blakeney is a AAU teammate of Simmons.

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #234 on: March 04, 2015, 04:43:29 PM »

I don't know. Marquette has a top 8 class. Why is it that much different than LSU?

Simmons is from Australia and LSU was recruiting him long and hard before anyone else showed interest and Simmons rewarded that. Nothing sketchy there.

Blakeney is a bit different, backed out of his commitment with Louisville and strong indication that his new commitment is Nike related. A bit squirmy but nothing really out of the ordinary.

Malik Newman is from the southeast and sees an opportunity to play with arguably the best SF and SG in the class close to home.

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #235 on: March 04, 2015, 04:47:19 PM »
I don't know. Marquette has a top 8 class. Why is it that much different than LSU?

Simmons is from Australia and LSU was recruiting him long and hard before anyone else showed interest and Simmons rewarded that. Nothing sketchy there.

Blakeney is a bit different, backed out of his commitment with Louisville and strong indication that his new commitment is Nike related. A bit squirmy but nothing really out of the ordinary.

Malik Newman is from the southeast and sees an opportunity to play with arguably the best SF and SG in the class close to home.

It's seemed like Newman has been trying to hitch his wagon with someone for quite some time. He wants to not really be the "man" but rather go with another. He had that package deal with Stone earlier, now the sort of "want to play with Simmons and Blakeney" thing.
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

Groin_pull

• All American
« Reply #236 on: March 04, 2015, 05:20:15 PM »

Seriously? Ellenson is the centerpiece of the class...and he's a Wisconsin boy staying close to home. Cheatham is ranked around 80 and Heldt barely cracks the top 150. Otherwise, it's exactly the same. ::)

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #237 on: March 04, 2015, 05:34:29 PM »
Seriously? Ellenson is the centerpiece of the class...and he's a Wisconsin boy staying close to home. Cheatham is ranked around 80 and Heldt barely cracks the top 150. Otherwise, it's exactly the same. ::)

I'm not saying it's the same, but it's one highly rated class. If they start stringing together top 5 classes annually then something might be up. I gave you a plausible scenario. Every time a non basketball power rakes in a great class doesn't mean it's dirty.

Groin_pull

• All American
« Reply #238 on: March 04, 2015, 05:39:34 PM »
I'm not saying it's the same, but it's one highly rated class. If they start stringing together top 5 classes annually then something might be up. I gave you a plausible scenario. Every time a non basketball power rakes in a great class doesn't mean it's dirty.

It does when that school has a history of bending the rules. We'll see.

Groin_pull

• All American
« Reply #239 on: March 04, 2015, 05:44:42 PM »
Anyway, back to the topic. Really impressed if Wojo can pull this off. Grab one of the top PGs left after making up a lot of ground. Seems like MU has come from way back in the pack.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #240 on: March 04, 2015, 06:09:33 PM »
Anybody seen this guy play since the injury?  Can anybody compare him to Nosko's game?  Taking out the baggage that comes with Nosko and just looking solely at basketball ability, Nosko is ranked higher in the recruit rankings, but is Carter far behind?  Does either have a higher ceiling?
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #241 on: March 04, 2015, 06:09:50 PM »

Probably how all the studs were going to Baylor and SMU in the past few years.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #242 on: March 04, 2015, 06:15:23 PM »
Anybody seen this guy play since the injury?  Can anybody compare him to Nosko's game?  Taking out the baggage that comes with Nosko and just looking solely at basketball ability, Nosko is ranked higher in the recruit rankings, but is Carter far behind?  Does either have a higher ceiling?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBT3CqS5C20

Fairly recent highlight video.  I understand it's hard to take much away from a highlight video as he sure isn't going to shoot 1.000 like he did in this, but the offensive game is certainly there to contribute from day one.  It will come down to whether he can defend or not.

Shows good shot form, fairly quick release, ability to shoot it off of the dribble, and a smooth (all in 1 motion, not a bunch of hitches or different angles like Juan and JJJ) shot form.  Has the ability to hit from the outside, mid range, or get to the rim.  Willing to penetrate and finish or dish.  Quick, especially with change of directions.  Dribbles the ball too high, but I have no doubt that our coaching staff will be able to fix that before he ever sees a minute of game action if he ends up choosing Marquette.

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #243 on: March 04, 2015, 06:23:52 PM »

Fairly recent highlight video.  I understand it's hard to take much away from a highlight video as he sure isn't going to shoot 1.000 like he did in this, but the offensive game is certainly there to contribute from day one.  It will come down to whether he can defend or not.

Shows good shot form, fairly quick release, ability to shoot it off of the dribble, and a smooth (all in 1 motion, not a bunch of hitches or different angles like Juan and JJJ) shot form.  Has the ability to hit from the outside, mid range, or get to the rim.  Willing to penetrate and finish or dish.  Quick, especially with change of directions.  Dribbles the ball too high, but I have no doubt that our coaching staff will be able to fix that before he ever sees a minute of game action if he ends up choosing Marquette.

Like you said, it's tough to evaluate from a mixtape. However, he's got good quickness and a very smooth shot form. Those are the two things I like to see from a PG recruit. Quickness to drive by defenders, and an easy, repeatable shot.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #244 on: March 04, 2015, 06:37:12 PM »

Dale Brown had a couple stretches with three top ten seasons in 79-81.  Then a second run 90-92 with three ranked teams when Shaq and Chris Jackson were there.

Four McDonalds All-Americans, including the best center in the nation for three years and perhaps the best guard in the country for two seasons ... and LSU won 2 NCAA tournament games from 1989-92.

Now THAT'S some impressive underachieving.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #245 on: March 04, 2015, 06:46:57 PM »
Really, need this. Have it on good authority that we will be losing another player after the season. Straight from the horses mouth.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #246 on: March 04, 2015, 06:49:52 PM »
Really, need this. Have it on good authority that we will be losing another player after the season. Straight from the horses mouth.

No more info than that?

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #247 on: March 04, 2015, 06:51:12 PM »
No more info than that?

Said player is pretty homesick. That should be be enough info to fill in the blanks based on the demographic of our roster. Again, not saying things wont change but as of this moment, thats where the situation is at.

Shark

• All American
« Reply #248 on: March 04, 2015, 06:51:54 PM »

I by no means expect/think he is like DJO. But, one of those drives to the hoop made me have a flashback to DJO. I miss that guy.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #249 on: March 04, 2015, 06:52:15 PM »

Love this cryptic stuff. Makes life interesting.

OK ... I'll start ... I can't believe we're losing Mache!

(Don't know which one; take your pick.)
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

feedback