[Today at 08:17:02 PM]

2024 Mock Drafts by bilsu
[Today at 07:37:34 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[Today at 05:04:53 PM]

NIL Future by MU82
[Today at 03:21:43 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Marquette offers 2015 PG Traci Carter  (Read 148573 times)

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
Re: Marquette offers 2015 PG Traci Carter
« Reply #125 on: February 28, 2015, 02:21:36 PM »
There is some irony there....actually a lot of it

Yep, two obsessive-compulsives who will absolutely NEVER admit when they are wrong.  Ners will rant at you if you don't agree to rip on his chosen scapegoats when things aren't going well...while Dodds can't tolerate when someone posts anything remotely negative about MU.  Should be quite a show....

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #126 on: February 28, 2015, 02:26:18 PM »
Did Ners and tw get banned?

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #127 on: February 28, 2015, 04:22:14 PM »
You've been away for a while, hey?
Goal is National Championship

Stretchdeltsig

• All American
« Reply #128 on: February 28, 2015, 04:46:38 PM »
Who killed this post?

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #129 on: February 28, 2015, 04:55:46 PM »
Hopefully a permaban. It's honestly best for this site and it's not even debatable. I can tolerate annoying posters, but Ners single handed my ruins this site
No Finish Line

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #130 on: March 01, 2015, 07:27:57 AM »
Who killed this post?

It would seem Ners, despite not being around. His powers of disruption are legendary. At least we aren't debating Derrick/Traci yet.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #131 on: March 01, 2015, 07:41:29 AM »
You've been away for a while, hey?

I must have missed the fanfare with this banning.  When he got his 30 day ban, rocky had it in lights.   ;)

MU82

• All American
« Reply #132 on: March 01, 2015, 09:44:13 AM »
It would seem Ners, despite not being around. His powers of disruption are legendary. At least we aren't debating Derrick/Traci yet.

Obviously Derrick is superior. Stoopid Wojo hasn't played Traci one minute yet!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #133 on: March 01, 2015, 08:10:12 PM »
Slight Carter update.
At least he escaped Cincy without making a commitment.

http://scouthoops.scout.com/story/1522545-carter-visits-xavier-to-visit-others?s=75

LAZER

• All American
« Reply #134 on: March 01, 2015, 08:56:02 PM »
Slight Carter update.

http://scouthoops.scout.com/story/1522545-carter-visits-xavier-to-visit-others?s=75

It'll be impressive if Wojo can land him.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #135 on: March 01, 2015, 09:29:43 PM »
Interesting the article says "tentative dates" for Uconn and Memphis.
Goal is National Championship

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #136 on: March 01, 2015, 09:37:24 PM »

As far as we know. Anim committed on campus but waited on his announcement. Though I agree that Carter scheduling other dates probably indicates he didn't make a secret commit to Xavier.

BCHoopster

• All American
« Reply #137 on: March 01, 2015, 09:51:55 PM »
As far as we know. Anim committed on campus but waited on his announcement. Though I agree that Carter scheduling other dates probably indicates he didn't make a secret commit to Xavier.

This will be a great recruiting job by Wojo, the team sucks, the crowd Saturday should be average.  X had a big crowd yesterday sold out, great game to watch.  Villy is really good, but not good enough to beat Kentucky, who is, but will be there at the end, really shoots the 3 well and has experience all over the place.  X has a senior point guard and only Davis and Stainbrook are seniors so he might get the ball right away there as well.  Wojo will have to sell Henry and a top 10 recruiting class so the kid will know there is playing time.  Should be interesting.  The city is better here with the Bucks, needs Jabari to help out, I am sure Sacre was impressed seeing the Bucks practice at the Al.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #138 on: March 01, 2015, 10:10:24 PM »
This will be a great recruiting job by Wojo, the team sucks, the crowd Saturday should be average.  X had a big crowd yesterday sold out, great game to watch.  Villy is really good, but not good enough to beat Kentucky, who is, but will be there at the end, really shoots the 3 well and has experience all over the place.  X has a senior point guard and only Davis and Stainbrook are seniors so he might get the ball right away there as well.  Wojo will have to sell Henry and a top 10 recruiting class so the kid will know there is playing time.  Should be interesting.  The city is better here with the Bucks, needs Jabari to help out, I am sure Sacre was impressed seeing the Bucks practice at the Al.

:o
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #139 on: March 02, 2015, 06:56:21 AM »
I expect this to be the toughest recruiting battle of Wojo's young career. Xavier's PG is graduating and they have no experience at the position (though Sumner and Austin will be sophomores). UConn's Boatright is graduating and he plays virtually every minute of every game. They do have another 4-star PG coming in already but the position is wide-open and the coach is a former NBA PG with a NCAA title ring. Memphis seems the least worrying as they have 5 guys on the roster for next year that can play the point, but Pastner is a great recruiter (though as a game coach, not so much).

NC State, Pitt, BC, and Cal all look to have the PG position set for next year. I think the three above are the main competition, and it's really UConn and Xavier that look like the best fits. Hopefully Wojo can sell the arena, the Bucks, the recruiting class, the potential for PT, and his vision for the future. Still an uphill battle against schools with a better pedigree the past couple years, closer to home for Carter, and with PT of their own to offer.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #140 on: March 02, 2015, 07:32:54 AM »
Sure hope we land Traci assuming that's Wojo's top choice.  I also hope he makes a decision relatively quickly such that we'll still have options if he decides to head elsewhere.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #141 on: March 02, 2015, 08:12:26 AM »
I expect this to be the toughest recruiting battle of Wojo's young career. Xavier's PG is graduating and they have no experience at the position (though Sumner and Austin will be sophomores). UConn's Boatright is graduating and he plays virtually every minute of every game. They do have another 4-star PG coming in already but the position is wide-open and the coach is a former NBA PG with a NCAA title ring. Memphis seems the least worrying as they have 5 guys on the roster for next year that can play the point, but Pastner is a great recruiter (though as a game coach, not so much).

NC State, Pitt, BC, and Cal all look to have the PG position set for next year. I think the three above are the main competition, and it's really UConn and Xavier that look like the best fits. Hopefully Wojo can sell the arena, the Bucks, the recruiting class, the potential for PT, and his vision for the future. Still an uphill battle against schools with a better pedigree the past couple years, closer to home for Carter, and with PT of their own to offer.

Xavier does have Brandon Randolph on the roster, but I'm sure Carter would be confident in his ability to pass him on the depth chart.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #142 on: March 02, 2015, 08:28:34 AM »
Sure hope we land Traci assuming that's Wojo's top choice.  I also hope he makes a decision relatively quickly such that we'll still have options if he decides to head elsewhere.

This is the drawback. Unless he commits next week, we could be waiting until after the tournament. How many backup options might be gone by the time Carter commits if he takes all his visits? Very tough and important recruiting battle.

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #143 on: March 02, 2015, 08:45:34 AM »
It'll be impressive if Wojo can land him.

More than impressive. It'd be a downright coup to land Carter.

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #144 on: March 02, 2015, 10:09:46 AM »
Maybe now would be a good time to use the supposed Drake connection that Haanif has? Impromptu Drake concert at the Al with Jabari there?

Maybe a hot chocolate truck?

Have Wally teach him how to high jump?
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

Norm

• All American
« Reply #145 on: March 02, 2015, 10:57:01 AM »
With Nick no longer in the class, is it still considered a Top 10 class?

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #146 on: March 02, 2015, 11:03:44 AM »
With Nick no longer in the class, is it still considered a Top 10 class?
Last I looked on ESPN, MU had dropped to 12th after NN, then moved up 1 spot to 11th  with Anim.
Don't think MU is even ranked that high in Rivals because Ellenson was about 13th there and Heldt and Cheatham were not highly ranked. These rankings do float a lot however.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

MuMark

• All American

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #148 on: March 02, 2015, 02:08:12 PM »
This is the drawback. Unless he commits next week, we could be waiting until after the tournament. How many backup options might be gone by the time Carter commits if he takes all his visits? Very tough and important recruiting battle.

Trying not to read tea leaves but Dequon seems to be playing his cards close.  UT paid him another visit.  I think Wojo will have a decent feel on this by the end of the weekend.

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #149 on: March 02, 2015, 02:36:31 PM »
Trying not to read tea leaves but Dequon seems to be playing his cards close.  UT paid him another visit.  I think Wojo will have a decent feel on this by the end of the weekend.

Would you mind covering what you mean here? Is he sort of using UT as a safety school and waiting to see what Wojo and/or Carter does? Hopefully Wojo pulls out the stops this weekend. I'd really love to see this team fill out and get a consistent roster here.
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.