'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Marquette offers 2015 PG Traci Carter  (Read 148661 times)

4everwarriors

• All American
Re: Marquette offers 2015 PG Traci Carter
« Reply #100 on: February 27, 2015, 09:52:53 AM »
And to think some thought we had a chance at the NIT, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #101 on: February 27, 2015, 10:15:58 AM »
So I heard from my friend tonight.  He told me that 3/4 coaches went to go see Traci in Philly today.  Definitely playing up not only PT but getting the reins from Day 1, being a part of a young nucleus that could do great things starting next season, and I've heard Traci (like most everyone who Wojo has signed) loves the fact that this staff is filled with D1 studs who can relate completely to these guys as players and students.  That's the thing I love about what Wojo has done so far: when he has a guy that he knows he wants, he goes all-in and pulls out all the stops.  That's not to say that Buzz didn't work his ass off too to get his guys, but Wojo has been so selective in his recruiting that it's exciting to see what all he does when we are really going in on someone.  I wanna say this is now his 3rd trip to Philly in the last couple of weeks, that's saying something, and I think is paying great dividends.

I asked him if he thought we would still go after a JUCO PG (Dequon Miller for example) if, hypothetically, we were to get Traci.  He was again adamant that he does not think the staff is as interested in bringing in JUCOs as we feel/as it appears.  Although we've been listed with a number of guys, he's still under the impression the staff would prefer to not bring in JUCOs just yet.  Now, if we don't get Traci then that would change you have to think.  But as of right now, he thinks it's Traci and Traci alone they're interested in at PG.  I would still love to see O'Field or Outlaw come aboard but maybe we are more into that idea than the staff?  Not sure on this yet, but I'll keep you guys posted with what I hear.

Other tidbits we talked about.......the team is just struggling at this point (obviously).  Guys are tired of losing and becoming apathetic, Wojo is tired of losing and just keeps getting pissed, and they have 6 am practice tomorrow due to how awful the BU game was.  I think we're all about ready to stick a fork in this season.  Still don't think we will have any transfers.  But Steve knows Henry is coming.  JJ knows we are bringing in quality guards.  Guys need to step up their games and that will make everyone better - only a good thing.  Thinks Henry will be here 2 years (now, that's WAAAYYY too early an accurate prediction but again, popular thought is he's here as long as Wally - barring some Anthony Davis rise in NBA draft stock).  Man, that 2016-2017 team could be ridiculous, hate being patient.

Wow. This is really interesting. Good to know Wojo is putting on a full court press here. A little nervous of going the "super young kids" route. But this is one of those necessary growing pains the team has to do. Long term growth.
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • βœ… Verified Member
« Reply #102 on: February 27, 2015, 10:24:14 AM »
And to think some thought we had a chance at the NIT, hey?

Still have a chance at the NCAA Tourney. Just need to win 5 games.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #103 on: February 27, 2015, 10:34:04 AM »
And we're all gonna pull a train with Charlotte McKinney too, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Blackhat

• All American
« Reply #104 on: February 27, 2015, 10:38:09 AM »
"pull a train".

Lmao

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #105 on: February 27, 2015, 10:39:18 AM »
Still have a chance at the NCAA Tourney. Just need to win 5 games.
Actually, its only 4 games to win the BET.... ;)

onepost

• All American
« Reply #106 on: February 27, 2015, 11:13:39 AM »
To clarify my JUCO comments: I certainly don't think it's due to perceived lack of talent or not being good enough to compete at this level.  Because for the last few years, our best players have come from Junior College.  I think it has more to do with

1. Continuity - any staff prefers to bring in 4-year guys, and I don't think Wojo prefers to go the route of using JUCOs as stop-gaps - Buzz went this route and if a couple guys don't pan out all of the sudden (Vander, Jameel leaving), you go from Final Four promise to the pile of crap we've experienced these last two years.
2. Grades/APR - I know this caused a lot of friction between Buzz and the Administration he dealt with but I think the current group doesn't want to get in too deep with JUCOs for this sake.  I want to say the reason we have been linked with O'Field some is because he has 3 years, plenty of time to get grades and whatnot in order.

This was just one manager's opinion, but he sounded pretty sure we weren't going the JUCO route unless Carter doesn't pan out and we are left no choice.  It has been brought up before, but I could see a scenario where the staff loves what Carter can bring from the get-go, and someone like Dequon Miller is waiting in the wings in case we don't land Traci.  Like I've stated on here a number of times, Wojo gutted the previous regime's culture and way of doing things and has instilled his own (one that I believe is much better and much more conducive to long-term success).  There has definitely been friction at times between the Buzz layovers and Wojo, but that is to be expected when you were brought along by one staff and have to change for another (change the way you play, prepare for games, are expected to conduct yourself off the court, etc.).  But the majority of that "friction" has to do with us just not being talented/deep/experienced enough to have hung on for those early BE losses.  That definitely takes a toll, but guys are still fighting for Wojo.

One question I do have for anyone who may know (maybe Ners had a similar experience in his HS playing days): what kind of effect will Traci's injuries have on him in college?  Are these injuries that will reoccur or is he 100% and they will have no bearing on his performance going forward?  Can't imagine coaches are too too worried considering his laundry list of choices, but he maybe comes across as a little less attractive if these injuries he's had will have an effect on him going forward.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2015, 11:16:04 AM by onepostellenson »

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #107 on: February 27, 2015, 12:24:19 PM »
To clarify my JUCO comments: I certainly don't think it's due to perceived lack of talent or not being good enough to compete at this level.  Because for the last few years, our best players have come from Junior College.  I think it has more to do with

1. Continuity - any staff prefers to bring in 4-year guys, and I don't think Wojo prefers to go the route of using JUCOs as stop-gaps - Buzz went this route and if a couple guys don't pan out all of the sudden (Vander, Jameel leaving), you go from Final Four promise to the pile of crap we've experienced these last two years.
2. Grades/APR - I know this caused a lot of friction between Buzz and the Administration he dealt with but I think the current group doesn't want to get in too deep with JUCOs for this sake.  I want to say the reason we have been linked with O'Field some is because he has 3 years, plenty of time to get grades and whatnot in order.

This was just one manager's opinion, but he sounded pretty sure we weren't going the JUCO route unless Carter doesn't pan out and we are left no choice.  It has been brought up before, but I could see a scenario where the staff loves what Carter can bring from the get-go, and someone like Dequon Miller is waiting in the wings in case we don't land Traci.  Like I've stated on here a number of times, Wojo gutted the previous regime's culture and way of doing things and has instilled his own (one that I believe is much better and much more conducive to long-term success).  There has definitely been friction at times between the Buzz layovers and Wojo, but that is to be expected when you were brought along by one staff and have to change for another (change the way you play, prepare for games, are expected to conduct yourself off the court, etc.).  But the majority of that "friction" has to do with us just not being talented/deep/experienced enough to have hung on for those early BE losses.  That definitely takes a toll, but guys are still fighting for Wojo.

One question I do have for anyone who may know (maybe Ners had a similar experience in his HS playing days): what kind of effect will Traci's injuries have on him in college?  Are these injuries that will reoccur or is he 100% and they will have no bearing on his performance going forward?  Can't imagine coaches are too too worried considering his laundry list of choices, but he maybe comes across as a little less attractive if these injuries he's had will have an effect on him going forward.

O'Field qualified out of high school, committed to ETSU, then decided to go JUCO to see if he could earn better offers. Grades wouldn't be an issue with him. That's my understanding, anyways.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #108 on: February 27, 2015, 12:30:54 PM »
Wow. This is really interesting. Good to know Wojo is putting on a full court press here. A little nervous of going the "super young kids" route. But this is one of those necessary growing pains the team has to do. Long term growth.

I remember the last time we turned the team over to super young kids.  That turned out pretty well and were it not for injuries might have rivaled the recent 3 year run of S16(2),E8.

MUDPT

• All American
« Reply #109 on: February 27, 2015, 12:45:20 PM »

Meniscus repairs usually work pretty well.  He has more wear than a "normal" 18 year old playing basketball, but nothing to be too concerned about, if that's all there is.

onepost

• All American
« Reply #110 on: February 27, 2015, 12:48:01 PM »
Meniscus repairs usually work pretty well.  He has more wear than a "normal" 18 year old playing basketball, but nothing to be too concerned about, if that's all there is.

That's what I was thinking too. Thanks MUDPT.

The Equalizer

• All American
« Reply #111 on: February 27, 2015, 01:01:53 PM »
Meniscus repairs usually work pretty well. 

Unless you're Derrick Rose.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #112 on: February 27, 2015, 02:18:56 PM »
So I heard from my friend tonight.  He told me that 3/4 coaches went to go see Traci in Philly today.  Definitely playing up not only PT but getting the reins from Day 1, being a part of a young nucleus that could do great things starting next season, and I've heard Traci (like most everyone who Wojo has signed) loves the fact that this staff is filled with D1 studs who can relate completely to these guys as players and students.  That's the thing I love about what Wojo has done so far: when he has a guy that he knows he wants, he goes all-in and pulls out all the stops.  That's not to say that Buzz didn't work his ass off too to get his guys, but Wojo has been so selective in his recruiting that it's exciting to see what all he does when we are really going in on someone.  I wanna say this is now his 3rd trip to Philly in the last couple of weeks, that's saying something, and I think is paying great dividends.

I asked him if he thought we would still go after a JUCO PG (Dequon Miller for example) if, hypothetically, we were to get Traci.  He was again adamant that he does not think the staff is as interested in bringing in JUCOs as we feel/as it appears.  Although we've been listed with a number of guys, he's still under the impression the staff would prefer to not bring in JUCOs just yet.  Now, if we don't get Traci then that would change you have to think.  But as of right now, he thinks it's Traci and Traci alone they're interested in at PG.  I would still love to see O'Field or Outlaw come aboard but maybe we are more into that idea than the staff?  Not sure on this yet, but I'll keep you guys posted with what I hear.

Other tidbits we talked about.......the team is just struggling at this point (obviously).  Guys are tired of losing and becoming apathetic, Wojo is tired of losing and just keeps getting pissed, and they have 6 am practice tomorrow due to how awful the BU game was.  I think we're all about ready to stick a fork in this season.  Still don't think we will have any transfers.  But Steve knows Henry is coming.  JJ knows we are bringing in quality guards.  Guys need to step up their games and that will make everyone better - only a good thing.  Thinks Henry will be here 2 years (now, that's WAAAYYY too early an accurate prediction but again, popular thought is he's here as long as Wally - barring some Anthony Davis rise in NBA draft stock).  Man, that 2016-2017 team could be ridiculous, hate being patient.

Thanks for this. Lots of interesting and positive stuff in here.

I am a little disappointed that the guys are being apathetic, if that's what you really meant to say. Apathy means they don't care, and I hate to hear that if it's true. No matter whether you are undefeated, winless or anything in between, if you are a high-level athlete, you should always care.
β€œIt’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Tums Festival

• All American
« Reply #113 on: February 27, 2015, 02:31:30 PM »
Wolverine,

I can understand how when coming across a multi-car pileup on a highway someone might think, "Wow, that must have been cool to see happen."  As someone who was there when the pileup happened, I can tell you that it was definitely not "good stuff".  Count you blessings, your timing in visiting the board was impeccable.

I would never think of a multi-car pileup as "cool." Getting this board back to where not every thread is hijacked by a certain poster and his cause celebre would definitely be nice.
"Every day ends with a Tums festival!"

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #114 on: February 27, 2015, 06:36:48 PM »
I would never think of a multi-car pileup as "cool." Getting this board back to where not every thread is hijacked by a certain poster and his cause celebre would definitely be nice.

Without bothering to announce it the moderators seem to have to have tackled that problem, so we are all safe for a while.  The car pileup was a metaphor for that very problem which you seemed to be saying that you were sorry that you missed.

I don't visit this board for a while and end up missing all the good stuff.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

TedBaxter

• All American
« Reply #115 on: February 27, 2015, 06:58:50 PM »
O'Field qualified out of high school, committed to ETSU, then decided to go JUCO to see if he could earn better offers. Grades wouldn't be an issue with him. That's my understanding, anyways.

http://www.mrt.com/sports/article_95695524-b7ee-11e4-865e-33d87df6c4bc.html

Article explains his situation.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2015, 07:00:57 PM by TedBaxter »
If You Aren't All In For Marquette Basketball, Move On

tower912

• All American
« Reply #116 on: February 27, 2015, 07:05:55 PM »

Multi-car pileups are always a trip.   A little paperwork intensive, though.    Far more interesting than ners/TW.   BTW, ners has once again decided to engage Dodds on the scout board. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #117 on: February 27, 2015, 07:11:32 PM »
Multi-car pileups are always a trip.   A little paperwork intensive, though.    Far more interesting than ners/TW.   BTW, ners has once again decided to engage Dodds on the scout board. 

How's that going? Time to make the popcorn?

tower912

• All American
« Reply #118 on: February 27, 2015, 07:12:53 PM »
Same (stuff), different day.  Dodds most recently gave him an ultimatum.    "You don't have to agree with me to post on this board......but you do have to have an ounce of common sense."
« Last Edit: February 27, 2015, 07:17:17 PM by tower912 »
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #119 on: February 27, 2015, 07:24:24 PM »
When did this happen?  I've been trying to find the topic in which it occurred but have failed to find it.

Yeah I completely missed whatever new went down lol
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

tower912

• All American
« Reply #120 on: February 27, 2015, 09:04:14 PM »
Back on track, thank you, onepostellenson for your insight.   Interesting.   If your source is correct and Wojo is trying to avoid JUCO's, then (A) I hope MU gets Carter, (B) I hope he uses one of the remaining scholarship on a 6'8 widebody with limited skills who is willing to redshirt and learn and can step up when Luke and/or Henry leave, and (C) he banks the last schollie.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2015, 06:53:48 AM by tower912 »

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #121 on: February 28, 2015, 12:06:03 PM »
Back on track, thank you, onepostellenson for your insight.   Interesting.   If your source is correct and Wojo is trying to avoid JUCO's, then (A) I hope MU gets Carter, (B) I hope he uses one of the remaining scholarship on a 6'8 widebody with limited skills who is willing to redshirt and learn and can step up when Luke and/or Henry leave, and (C) he banks the last schollie.

I don't think the staff has any intention of banking any scholarships. Far more likely they'll look to add a grad transfer that can contribute while still allowing them to have another open scholarship for 2016.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #122 on: February 28, 2015, 12:12:04 PM »
Same (stuff), different day.  Dodds most recently gave him an ultimatum.    "You don't have to agree with me to post on this board......but you do have to have an ounce of common sense."

There is some irony there....actually a lot of it

tower912

• All American
« Reply #123 on: February 28, 2015, 12:46:13 PM »
Not from my experience. 

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #124 on: February 28, 2015, 01:17:56 PM »
There is some irony there....actually a lot of it

+1
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

feedback