[Today at 08:17:02 PM]

2024 Mock Drafts by bilsu
[Today at 07:37:34 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[Today at 05:04:53 PM]

NIL Future by MU82
[Today at 03:21:43 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Marquette offers 2015 PG Traci Carter  (Read 148572 times)

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
Re: Marquette offers 2015 PG Traci Carter
« Reply #75 on: February 26, 2015, 02:40:39 PM »
Austin is way easier than TAMU.

Don't know what happens when kids get there, but published ACT and SAT numbers seem to indicate that A&M is easier to get into (SAT 25%/75% range 1560-1900 for A&M; 1670-2060 for UT).  Do more kids get weeded out at A&M?

muwarrior97

• All American
  • CALVACADE OF BRICKS
« Reply #76 on: February 26, 2015, 02:52:13 PM »
Carter announced that MU will be one of two official visits he's got coming up.
Good sign, I hope.

Carter sets a pair of visits

Evan Daniels Director of Recruiting

Four-star guard Traci Carter is starting to set up official visits.
Traci Carter, one of the top available point guards in the 2015 class, is now in the process of setting up official visits

According to Carter's mentor, Donnie Carr, he has two official visits on tap.

"One to Xavier on February 28th and another one to Marquette on March 7th," Carr informed Scout.

"We're still in the process of setting up three more official visits," he added.

Among the schools in the running for Carter's official visits are Connecticut, Memphis, California, Seton Hall, Boston College, North Carolina State, Creighton, Temple, Penn State, UMass, LaSalle and George Mason.

OK, he's visiting on Senior Day so let's beat DePaul and treat our current PG with some respect as he receives his farewell, let's hope that one guy from this board (#TheIgnoredOne) is not there in ear-shot of Mr. Carter

With this current staff and this teams need this is a great place for a point guard to play and develop

Go Warriors!!!
#RGV #ReturnTheWarriorMindset

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #77 on: February 26, 2015, 02:56:31 PM »
OK, he's visiting on Senior Day so let's beat DePaul and treat our current PG with some respect as he receives his farewell, let's hope that one guy from this board (#TheIgnoredOne) is not there in ear-shot of Mr. Carter

With this current staff and this teams need this is a great place for a point guard to play and develop

Go Warriors!!!

I'm sure the one you speak of will ask Carter if he ever played high school basketball.
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #78 on: February 26, 2015, 03:08:32 PM »
I'm sure the one you speak of will ask Carter if he ever played high school basketball.
@ an ELITE level
Goal is National Championship

mu-rara

• All American
« Reply #79 on: February 26, 2015, 03:14:28 PM »
Austin is way easier than TAMU.
I was attempting humor for Texans. 

Have you ever been in an office in TX? (You probably have)  You can tell where a person went to school looking at his cube or office wall.   And everyone piles on the Aggies.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #80 on: February 26, 2015, 05:17:58 PM »
That is funny according to my contacts in Austin.

It is commonly known that A&M is where Texans go who are too smart to end up at UT.

Don't know what happens when kids get there, but published ACT and SAT numbers seem to indicate that A&M is easier to get into (SAT 25%/75% range 1560-1900 for A&M; 1670-2060 for UT).  Do more kids get weeded out at A&M?

Not necessarily. But UT is the more popular school. Partying, night life, and athletics (until recently) are all better at UT. Because they get more applications but have less space on campus, they can be more selective. A&M gets less applications and has larger class sizes.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2015, 05:22:02 PM by TAMU Eagle »
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #81 on: February 26, 2015, 05:20:18 PM »
It is commonly known that A&M is where Texans go who are too smart to end up at UT.

I wholeheartedly agree. 

And Ellenson, I have been in an office in TX and also understand where you are coming from.

onepost

• All American
« Reply #82 on: February 26, 2015, 05:44:56 PM »
Would like Dequon Miller or Traci Carter. Carter is a Philadelphia player in one story and New Jersey on the other. But plays
against good competition. Don't know much about Miller's competition. Sounds like either one is a solid PG. O'Field in a heart beat.

Carter is from South Philly.  But to ramp up his academics and play against better competition in hoops he moved to New Jersey.  That's all explained in the story that was posted.  I'm very optimistic about our chances here and would really like to open up a Philly pipeline.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #83 on: February 26, 2015, 06:03:30 PM »
Carter is from South Philly.  But to ramp up his academics and play against better competition in hoops he moved to New Jersey.  That's all explained in the story that was posted.  I'm very optimistic about our chances here and would really like to open up a Philly pipeline.

You've provided a number of significantly informative posts lately, and for that I thank you. But on this topic, I'm gonna need PhillyCoach's opinion.

naginiF

• All American
  • 'and the riot be the rhyme of the unheard'
« Reply #84 on: February 26, 2015, 06:13:01 PM »
Carter is from South Philly.  But to ramp up his academics and play against better competition in hoops he moved to New Jersey.  That's all explained in the story that was posted.  I'm very optimistic about our chances here and would really like to open up a Philly pipeline.
What's this "New Jersey" you speak of?  I'm familiar with South Philly, Western New York and Trenton.  I hear the academics in Trenton are not worth relocating.  Sounds like he's tampering with his transcript.

Edit - Totally agree that getting an East Coast kid helps get other East Coast kids just like landing a So. Fla. kid (HC) really will help get others out of ACC/SEC country.  At some point that really good WI and MN pipeline may lag.  Now, let's talk Chicago....a good Sr. year by Teve wouldn't hurt
« Last Edit: February 26, 2015, 06:29:18 PM by naginiF »

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #85 on: February 26, 2015, 06:49:27 PM »
I'm digging the increase in sharing of good information on Scoop since the silencing of TW/Ners.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Tums Festival

• All American
« Reply #86 on: February 26, 2015, 10:32:40 PM »
I'm digging the increase in sharing of good information on Scoop since the silencing of TW/Ners.

I don't visit this board for a while and end up missing all the good stuff.
"Every day ends with a Tums festival!"

brandx

« Reply #87 on: February 26, 2015, 10:43:16 PM »

Amen!!

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #88 on: February 26, 2015, 10:57:31 PM »

Ners got banned again? LOL
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

mattyv1908

• All American
« Reply #89 on: February 26, 2015, 11:19:39 PM »
Ners got banned again? LOL

When did this happen?  I've been trying to find the topic in which it occurred but have failed to find it.
Shut this board down at the opening tip.  If they win, open it back up.  If they lose, keep it shut it down until the next morning.  - Sultan of Slurpery

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #90 on: February 26, 2015, 11:26:52 PM »
When did this happen?  I've been trying to find the topic in which it occurred but have failed to find it.

I think it was one of those double-secret probation things. Very hush, hush. I fear I've said too much

onepost

• All American
« Reply #91 on: February 27, 2015, 12:17:57 AM »
nm
« Last Edit: March 04, 2015, 10:19:17 AM by onepostellenson »

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #92 on: February 27, 2015, 12:34:48 AM »
So I heard from my friend tonight.  He told me that 3/4 coaches went to go see Traci in Philly today.  Definitely playing up not only PT but getting the reins from Day 1, being a part of a young nucleus that could do great things starting next season, and I've heard Traci (like most everyone who Wojo has signed) loves the fact that this staff is filled with D1 studs who can relate completely to these guys as players and students.  That's the thing I love about what Wojo has done so far: when he has a guy that he knows he wants, he goes all-in and pulls out all the stops.  That's not to say that Buzz didn't work his ass off too to get his guys, but Wojo has been so selective in his recruiting that it's exciting to see what all he does when we are really going in on someone.  I wanna say this is now his 3rd trip to Philly in the last couple of weeks, that's saying something, and I think is paying great dividends.

I asked him if he thought we would still go after a JUCO PG (Dequon Miller for example) if, hypothetically, we were to get Traci.  He was again adamant that he does not think the staff is as interested in bringing in JUCOs as we feel/as it appears.  Although we've been listed with a number of guys, he's still under the impression the staff would prefer to not bring in JUCOs just yet.  Now, if we don't get Traci then that would change you have to think.  But as of right now, he thinks it's Traci and Traci alone they're interested in at PG.  I would still love to see O'Field or Outlaw come aboard but maybe we are more into that idea than the staff?  Not sure on this yet, but I'll keep you guys posted with what I hear.

Other tidbits we talked about.......the team is just struggling at this point (obviously).  Guys are tired of losing and becoming apathetic, Wojo is tired of losing and just keeps getting pissed, and they have 6 am practice tomorrow due to how awful the BU game was.  I think we're all about ready to stick a fork in this season.  Still don't think we will have any transfers.  But Steve knows Henry is coming.  JJ knows we are bringing in quality guards.  Guys need to step up their games and that will make everyone better - only a good thing.  Thinks Henry will be here 2 years (now, that's WAAAYYY too early an accurate prediction but again, popular thought is he's here as long as Wally - barring some Anthony Davis rise in NBA draft stock).  Man, that 2016-2017 team could be ridiculous, hate being patient.

Great stuff.  Thanks.

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #93 on: February 27, 2015, 06:36:35 AM »
So I heard from my friend tonight.  He told me that 3/4 coaches went to go see Traci in Philly today.  Definitely playing up not only PT but getting the reins from Day 1, being a part of a young nucleus that could do great things starting next season, and I've heard Traci (like most everyone who Wojo has signed) loves the fact that this staff is filled with D1 studs who can relate completely to these guys as players and students.  That's the thing I love about what Wojo has done so far: when he has a guy that he knows he wants, he goes all-in and pulls out all the stops.  That's not to say that Buzz didn't work his ass off too to get his guys, but Wojo has been so selective in his recruiting that it's exciting to see what all he does when we are really going in on someone.  I wanna say this is now his 3rd trip to Philly in the last couple of weeks, that's saying something, and I think is paying great dividends.

I asked him if he thought we would still go after a JUCO PG (Dequon Miller for example) if, hypothetically, we were to get Traci.  He was again adamant that he does not think the staff is as interested in bringing in JUCOs as we feel/as it appears.  Although we've been listed with a number of guys, he's still under the impression the staff would prefer to not bring in JUCOs just yet.  Now, if we don't get Traci then that would change you have to think.  But as of right now, he thinks it's Traci and Traci alone they're interested in at PG.  I would still love to see O'Field or Outlaw come aboard but maybe we are more into that idea than the staff?  Not sure on this yet, but I'll keep you guys posted with what I hear.

Other tidbits we talked about.......the team is just struggling at this point (obviously).  Guys are tired of losing and becoming apathetic, Wojo is tired of losing and just keeps getting pissed, and they have 6 am practice tomorrow due to how awful the BU game was.  I think we're all about ready to stick a fork in this season.  Still don't think we will have any transfers.  But Steve knows Henry is coming.  JJ knows we are bringing in quality guards.  Guys need to step up their games and that will make everyone better - only a good thing.  Thinks Henry will be here 2 years (now, that's WAAAYYY too early an accurate prediction but again, popular thought is he's here as long as Wally - barring some Anthony Davis rise in NBA draft stock).  Man, that 2016-2017 team could be ridiculous, hate being patient.
Thank you for this.

I would think that given the injury history of TC, the staff would want to have another PG in the mix as well, unless Duane is that guy.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #94 on: February 27, 2015, 07:54:20 AM »

I don't visit this board for a while and end up missing all the good stuff.

Wolverine,

I can understand how when coming across a multi-car pileup on a highway someone might think, "Wow, that must have been cool to see happen."  As someone who was there when the pileup happened, I can tell you that it was definitely not "good stuff".  Count you blessings, your timing in visiting the board was impeccable.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #95 on: February 27, 2015, 08:05:26 AM »

Awesome update, thanks.  It occurs to me that O'Field and Outlaw may have been backup plans in case Woj didn't close the deal with Sacar.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

warriorfan 14

• Starter
« Reply #96 on: February 27, 2015, 08:30:03 AM »
i like wojos recruiting strategy and how he is going all in for carter, however, to not want to recruit some juco's is asnine. they are some great players who are tough and hard working in the juco ranks. they have a chip on their shoulder (something that is really lacking in our current team). the negative stigma around juco's is pure BS: see Jimmy Butler

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #97 on: February 27, 2015, 08:32:24 AM »
i like wojos recruiting strategy and how he is going all in for carter, however, to not want to recruit some juco's is asnine. they are some great players who are tough and hard working in the juco ranks. they have a chip on their shoulder (something that is really lacking in our current team). the negative stigma around juco's is pure BS: see Jimmy Butler

O'Field has three years of eligibility which makes him a good risk...like Butler.

The problem with non-qualifying Jucos...like Jae...has been stated here before. 

GoldenWarrior11

• All American
« Reply #98 on: February 27, 2015, 08:51:08 AM »
This board has been in dire need of some positive news for a while now.  Glad to hear there is a bright light at the end of the tunnel (and it's not an oncoming train!).

DienerTime34

• All American
« Reply #99 on: February 27, 2015, 09:23:31 AM »

Hearing the team has packed it in for the year makes me feel justified for selling my final two home games.

feedback