[Today at 10:10:04 AM]

2024-25 Outlook by Big Papi
[Today at 09:34:04 AM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by GoldenEagles03
[Today at 08:56:20 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[April 23, 2024, 09:23:41 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Marquette offers 2015 PG Traci Carter  (Read 148635 times)

Groin_pull

• All American
Re: Marquette offers 2015 PG Traci Carter
« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2015, 06:46:54 PM »
The latest at 24/7 has him going to Xavier or UConn.

On a side note, Mark Miller has NN going to USC. Guess NN took a tour of their campus. The scenery there could get many guys to commit on the spot.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2015, 06:58:31 PM »

On a side note, Mark Miller has NN going to USC. Guess NN took a tour of their campus. The scenery there could get many guys to commit on the spot.

Zag's blog makes it sound like Xavier and us since we're the only two schools who have definitely made his top five at this point with Carter still trying to decide on the other three.  Hopefully, that's the case.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2015, 07:01:18 PM »

Let's not confuse USC with UCLA, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

79Warrior

• All American
« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2015, 07:12:39 PM »

As long as you stay on campus. Once you exit, good luck. Makes Marquette's area look like Beverly Hills.

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #29 on: February 24, 2015, 07:48:03 PM »
No reason he can't be a Tony Miller and step in from day one and start at PG.  That's got to be a huge advantage for us in his recruitment.  I haven't looked at the other schools competing for him, but they can't be any more ready made for starter duty next year than @ MU at his position.

Would be great to follow up Sacar's commit with this kid. 

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #30 on: February 24, 2015, 07:52:56 PM »
Can he shoot it?  The only legitimate perimeter shooting threat at PG since Diener has been Acker, and he really wasn't a true PG IMO.  Diener and prior we had lots of good shooting PG's - Henry, my man Hutch.  Can't win big at this level without one.

esotericmindguy

• All American
« Reply #31 on: February 24, 2015, 07:56:20 PM »
Can he shoot it?  The only legitimate perimeter shooting threat at PG since Diener has been Acker, and he really wasn't a true PG IMO.  Diener and prior we had lots of good shooting PG's - Henry, my man Hutch.  Can't win big at this level without one.

Totally agree, which is why Duane will be the PG next year. And I'm 100% good with that. Can't imagine any freshman coming in and being better. That said, they need a backup PG and Carter sounds like a good one.

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #32 on: February 24, 2015, 08:00:12 PM »
Streaky and high arcing shot pretty much means bad. Not sure if I can deal with more PGs that can't shoot. Junior and then Derrick, hard to watch.

I hear ya esoteric, but if you surrond him with enough solid scorers and shooters, it doesn't have to be a negative.  Tony Miller was only a fair shooter, but he was at least a threat that opposing teams had to respect. 

Plus, if he can at least knock down FT's at a 70% clip or better, that's even more critical.

That said, I was hoping to hear other adjectives to describe his shooting.  Oh well.   Still sounds like a very solid player overall, brings more to the table than Derrick offensively (not saying much I know).

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #33 on: February 24, 2015, 08:02:53 PM »
Hopefully Wojo can sell him on being the only true PG on the roster.

Screw that, can be much more persuasive by telling the kid, if you're the real deal when you get to campus and start practice, the keys to our PG job is yours Traci.  And it wouldn't be selling him a lie by any stretch. 

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #34 on: February 24, 2015, 08:05:17 PM »
Duane was considered a PG when he got here too. Sometimes I think you just gotta see how the kid plays.

Groin_pull

• All American
« Reply #35 on: February 24, 2015, 08:11:00 PM »
As long as you stay on campus. Once you exit, good luck. Makes Marquette's area look like Beverly Hills.

I was referring to the females. In that department, NN would be going from the outhouse to the penthouse.

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #36 on: February 24, 2015, 08:12:28 PM »
Obviously, I have an overwhelming bias where I want this kid to play, but I can't help or ignore the fact that he's only picked two of his five schools to visit so far, and we're one of the two.   I really do believe there has to be something to that.  

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #37 on: February 24, 2015, 08:35:54 PM »
Wouldn't read too much inta that. Maybe it just works out that way schedule wise, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #38 on: February 24, 2015, 08:39:06 PM »
Wouldn't read too much inta that. Maybe it just works out that way schedule wise, hey?

Maybe, but couldn't you say the same about any school he's still considering, i.e., he could have fit those he's most interested in if he wanted.

VegasWarrior77

• All American
« Reply #39 on: February 24, 2015, 09:50:33 PM »
Obviously, I have an overwhelming bias where I want this kid to play, but I can't help or ignore the fact that he's only picked two of his five schools to visit so far, and we're one of the two.   I really do believe there has to be something to that.
Maybe some "over forty" weirdos can follow him on twitter!
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." Albert Einstein

onepost

• All American
« Reply #40 on: February 24, 2015, 11:29:42 PM »
I have heard that the coaches very much prefer Duane at the 2.  He is developing into an excellent scorer (although he needs to figure out how to finish those bunnies at the rim - his amount of those misses is so maddening) and if you move him to the point, you take away your best scoring guard and move Duane to a position he's not nearly as effective playing.  All of that being said, the staff is making it a great point to find a couple of PGs.  I foolishly posted it way back in the Sacar Anim thread, but Wojo has gone to see Traci play in Philly a couple of times (most recently, last week when we didn't have a game and Wojo had that "Out recruiting. We Are Marquette" tweet that opened up the Twitter can of worms discussions here).

From what I was told, Traci Carter has been made just as great a priority as Sacar Anim was.  It just hasn't gotten nearly as much publicity.  And the staff is confident in their chances, especially after today's announcement that we're currently one of the first schools he said he would visit.  His stock is certainly rising this spring, and he would likely be a Top 100 rated player had he not gotten injured last year.  I'm not sure who else will get visits but we will be tough to beat because of our staff and his ability to heavily contribute from day 1.

IMO, a perfect spring would include (in addition to Anim):
-Carter
-O'Field or Ty Outlaw
-JUCO or Grad Transfer PG - who knows who this could end up being

Wojo is making moves - excited to see how it unfolds.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #41 on: February 25, 2015, 05:21:34 AM »

He made Xavier and Marquette his priority visits. Those will likely be his only two game day visits. Honestly, it may end up being his top two simply based on timing. Can't imagine visits during conference tournaments the next week. Need to hope he decides by mid March, especially as some of the other teams involved could still be playing.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Stretchdeltsig

• All American
« Reply #42 on: February 25, 2015, 07:01:33 AM »
What a difference a great point guard will make.  We haven't had one since DJ or Travis.  Take a look at Notre Dame and the impact their point guard has this season.  Traci can be a difference maker at Marquette.  It's almost hard to imagine having a point guard who can shoot field goals and free throws.

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #43 on: February 25, 2015, 07:07:24 AM »
What a difference a great point guard will make.  We haven't had one since DJ or Travis.  Take a look at Notre Dame and the impact their point guard has this season.  Traci can be a difference maker at Marquette.  It's almost hard to imagine having a point guard who can shoot field goals and free throws.

We haven't had one for more than a year since Diener.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #44 on: February 25, 2015, 07:40:45 AM »
No reason he can't be a Tony Miller and step in from day one and start at PG.  That's got to be a huge advantage for us in his recruitment.  I haven't looked at the other schools competing for him, but they can't be any more ready made for starter duty next year than @ MU at his position.

Would be great to follow up Sacar's commit with this kid. 
Let's not get carried away here. We have not landed him yet, and he has not played a game at MU. Duane was a PG and good outside shooter when we landed him, and 2/3 of this board when polled felt he should not play PG. Very often Freshman a year or so to adjust. Now it looks like more and more are saying they are fine with Duane playing PG next year. We should get a look at him this year to see how he handles it.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #45 on: February 25, 2015, 07:44:37 AM »
GO GET'UM---AMEN! As mentioned, we need a PG. REAL BAD!.
Can't resist it with this segue....this year! Ooops...too late! Year over.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #46 on: February 25, 2015, 07:46:21 AM »
We haven't had one for more than a year since Diener.

Lil Bit was as close as MU got on this and that was his senior year.
http://statsheet.com/mcb/players/player/marquette/maurice-acker

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #47 on: February 25, 2015, 07:57:00 AM »
Lil Bit was as close as MU got on this and that was his senior year.
http://statsheet.com/mcb/players/player/marquette/maurice-acker

Yup. Acker was excellent, but only for that one year. I'm really hoping Wojo can bring some quality and stability to that position.

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #48 on: February 25, 2015, 09:27:23 AM »
Let's not get carried away here. We have not landed him yet, and he has not played a game at MU. Duane was a PG and good outside shooter when we landed him, and 2/3 of this board when polled felt he should not play PG. Very often Freshman a year or so to adjust. Now it looks like more and more are saying they are fine with Duane playing PG next year. We should get a look at him this year to see how he handles it.

I have to admit that we normally don't see eye to eye on posts, but I agree with your sentiments here. No need to put carts before horses yet. Duane should see some run at PG and I believe Carter could be a really nice piece to pair with him at that spot. There are plenty of minutes to give at the PG position next year. If Carter shows some nice ball control and that he can distribute well for 10-12 mins a game, I'd say that is a huge benefit.
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #49 on: February 25, 2015, 09:35:41 AM »
For some of you guys more in the know....

No doubt Wojo has a Plan B if he can't land Carter.  Anyone want to toss out any names, opinions?  I'm suspecting that he'd look to the Juco ranks because counting on an immediately eligible transfer is risky at best as previously discussed.