[Today at 07:02:21 AM]

Dallas bars tonite by Marquette Gyros
[Today at 06:59:41 AM]

Are we still recruiting anyone for the 24-25 season. by Jay Bee
[Today at 06:42:08 AM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by Uncle Rico
[Today at 06:32:48 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: 4 ,on 5  (Read 32277 times)

Warrior Code

• All American
  • Undefeated since 1960
Re: 4 ,on 5
« Reply #75 on: February 01, 2015, 10:40:47 AM »
Hello. I have an opinion on Derrick, and I want everyone to know it! I will repeat that opinion over and over to the same people (some of whom agree with me, some of whom do not) without ever changing it in the slightest. Please, do not bother me with things like "numbers," "facts," or "context." I won't hear it. I will not rest until you know my stance, derailing every thread in my path if necessary. This is important, and not annoying. Go MU.

^Scoop, the past two seasons.
Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBCode and smileys may be used in your signature.

BCHoopster

• All American
« Reply #76 on: February 01, 2015, 10:47:24 AM »
In recent MU history, the "creator" with the ball in his hands in the final 10 seconds has been Novak, McNeal, Lazar, Butler, DJO, Crowder and Blue. Remind me - how many of those guys were PGs?

All had respectable points on there team.  Cadougan, as bad as he was at times, he could score and make big shots, won some games at the end.  Blue could create his own shot, Dominic James
did a lot of good things.  It takes more than one player to make a team, so you want to discuss Juan, Sandy, JJJ or the rest.  None of them will have a crack at the NBA.  Pretty good recruiting by Buzz and Crean, jury is still out on Wojo, but it looks like talent is on the way.  Derrick does a lot of good, no turnovers, good D, just bad, really bad O on a team that has trouble scoring, he is not
the only problem on O, that is for sure.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #77 on: February 01, 2015, 10:58:09 AM »
In recent MU history, the "creator" with the ball in his hands in the final 10 seconds has been Novak, McNeal, Lazar, Butler, DJO, Crowder and Blue. Remind me - how many of those guys were PGs?

Agree, Stash. In 2003, Travis was our point guard but the ball was in Wade's hands during the final 10 seconds of the shot clock. Result? Final 4. In 2004 and 2005 the ball was in the hands of our future NBA point guard (Travis). Result? NIT, NIT.

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #78 on: February 01, 2015, 11:05:51 AM »
I don't recall any games where Derrick turned the ball over 10 times, like Junior did. Some of his games were absolutely atrocious.

Derrick is a better player than Cadougan was. I would take him every day of the week.

People have a very short memory.

LOL.  The irony.

Somehow Cadougan's was able to lead a team to the Elite 8, and then the next year with every player returning other than Vander Blue and Trent Lockett (NBA D-Leaguers) Derrick took the team to missing the NIT with 2 NBA D-Leaguers (Mayo and Jamil), not to mention our best big in 30 years Davante as a senior.

Statements like these and some of the recent others here truly reflect how ignorant some on this board are, and it is no wonder circular debates continue.  When you try to debate with idiocy it only leads to insanity.
"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

BrewCity77, December 8, 2013

BallBoy

• All American
« Reply #79 on: February 01, 2015, 11:44:18 AM »
Wades - What are your qualifications with regard to "knowledge" of the game. Share with the board your experience that makes you so incredibly qualified to assert expertise.

And what are yours?  Last I checked your name wasn't on an active roster or the practice team in DI-III basketball. With you lighting it up in the rec, I would have thought o'Neil and Deane would have jumped at the chance to have you as a walk on. 

It has been well documented that you can't evaluate talent starting with yourself, Vander, Mayo so stop pretending you have any knowledge. Your inability to evaluate a team in a team game is off the charts.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #80 on: February 01, 2015, 12:57:24 PM »
LOL.  The irony.

Somehow Cadougan's was able to lead a team to the Elite 8, and then the next year with every player returning other than Vander Blue and Trent Lockett (NBA D-Leaguers) Derrick took the team to missing the NIT with 2 NBA D-Leaguers (Mayo and Jamil), not to mention our best big in 30 years Davante as a senior.

Statements like these and some of the recent others here truly reflect how ignorant some on this board are, and it is no wonder circular debates continue.  When you try to debate with idiocy it only leads to insanity.

Sorry, Davante was not our best big in 30 years.

Mayo and Jamil were both lost last year, that's not Derrick's fault.....

Personally, Cadougan was ok and Derrick isn't any better...I'll give you that.  Buzz didn't seem to value elite point guards, which is critical in college basketball. 

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #81 on: February 01, 2015, 01:13:39 PM »
Personally, Cadougan was ok and Derrick isn't any better...I'll give you that.  Buzz didn't seem to value elite point guards, which is critical in college basketball.  

This is exactly what I love about the near term debate on who should play PG.  If you had to force rank, clearly the Buzz era would be near the bottom of the list as he had either a different view of the position or did not prioritize getting the best here.

Miller (4yr)
Hutchins (4yr)
Henry (3/4yr)
Diener (3/4 yr)
James (4yr)
Acker (1yr)
Buycks (0/1yr)
Caddy (2/3yr)
DW (2yr)

Edit added buycks
« Last Edit: February 01, 2015, 03:14:01 PM by Frenns Liquor Depot »

eg021

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #82 on: February 01, 2015, 01:14:37 PM »
Cadougan wasn't as great as I'd like to remember him by. I like to remember Cadougan making those big plays down the stretch to beat Wisconsin.

He certainly was better than Derrick. I'm not going to bash Derrick because he is a fine young man, and its the coaches decision to leave him out there 30+ minutes a game.

Cadougan made the players around him better by putting them in positions to score. Junior was at his best penetrating the paint, and either hitting that midrange jumper or dishing to Davante/Otule in the paint. When you try to make big plays like that, turnovers will happen at a higher rate. I think I can count on one hand how many times this year Derrick has penetrated the paint and dished to Luke/ST Jr/ Juan for a dunk. Derrick is strong defensively, rebounds well, and doesn't turn it over a lot. But he doesn't attack a defense, make 3's and penetrate for assists. When he does penetrate, its with his right hand and he puts up a shot.

Wisconsin has 2 pg's better than Derrick, and UW Green Bay has 1 better. So we all can agree the blame is on Buzz.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #83 on: February 01, 2015, 01:15:05 PM »
Cadougan was more 2 years than 3. Don't forget Buycks ran the point during Junior's sophomore year.
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

eg021

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #84 on: February 01, 2015, 01:20:33 PM »
Cadougan was more 2 years than 3. Don't forget Buycks ran the point during Junior's sophomore year.

Good point on Dwight. Was glad to see him have a big summer league and signed by Toronto.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #85 on: February 01, 2015, 02:21:58 PM »
This is exactly what I love about the near term debate on who should play PG.  If you had to force rank, clearly the Buzz era would be near the bottom of the list as he had either a different view of the position or did not prioritize getting the best here.

Smith (4yr)
Hutchins (4yr)
Henry (3/4yr)
Diener (3/4 yr)
James (4yr)
Acker (1yr)
Buycks (0/1yr)
Caddy (2/3yr)
DW (2yr)

Edit added buycks

Yup, and he had to beg back Acker to the team to boot.  He just didn't value or couldn't get quality PG's.  Much like Crean couldn't get quality bigs.

If you don't have quality, experienced guards, you are going to struggle in college.

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #86 on: February 01, 2015, 02:51:08 PM »
And what are yours?  Last I checked your name wasn't on an active roster or the practice team in DI-III basketball. With you lighting it up in the rec, I would have thought o'Neil and Deane would have jumped at the chance to have you as a walk on. 

It has been well documented that you can't evaluate talent starting with yourself, Vander, Mayo so stop pretending you have any knowledge. Your inability to evaluate a team in a team game is off the charts.

Go shag some more balls, Ballboy.  And Vander/Mayo?  What about it?  Same player.  And yea, my inability to evaluate a team in a team game is "off the charts" - As it was last year when I preacehd in early November that our team predicted to win the Big East coming off an Elite 8 appearance was going to be in major trouble if Buzz didn't make a change at PG.  And now, once again, Wojo thinking he can win with a clone of himself out there that isn't surrounded by McDonald's All American's like he had at Duke is just ludicrous.  

Yet volleyball players, ball boys, Star Wars action fans, guys who sat in the bleachers watching even - GASP - high school basketball - all spout off about how qualified and correct their OPINIONS are.  Meanwhile, the team loses at a high rate, and these clowns can't come to the conclusion that you aint going to win with a PG as limited as Derrick Wilson.  Last year the excuse was "we don't have anybody else."  Now this year, both Carlino and Duane could play it - yet Wojo inexplicably feels he still needs to play Derrick 35 minutes a game.  And we are 10-11.  2-7 in conference play.  Worst MU offense in a long time.  Clearly our defense first approach, like last year, isn't getting it done.  Again.  

You know why??  Because basketball is a TEAM game, and when your PG (the most critical player for your team on the offensive end) is a complete liability it impacts the whole team tremendously - negatively.  What is the name of this thread??  That's what our head coach said about the team he chose to play last year.  What more needs to be said??
"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #87 on: February 01, 2015, 02:53:43 PM »
Cadougan wasn't as great as I'd like to remember him by. I like to remember Cadougan making those big plays down the stretch to beat Wisconsin.

He certainly was better than Derrick. I'm not going to bash Derrick because he is a fine young man, and its the coaches decision to leave him out there 30+ minutes a game.

Cadougan made the players around him better by putting them in positions to score. Junior was at his best penetrating the paint, and either hitting that midrange jumper or dishing to Davante/Otule in the paint. When you try to make big plays like that, turnovers will happen at a higher rate. I think I can count on one hand how many times this year Derrick has penetrated the paint and dished to Luke/ST Jr/ Juan for a dunk. Derrick is strong defensively, rebounds well, and doesn't turn it over a lot. But he doesn't attack a defense, make 3's and penetrate for assists. When he does penetrate, its with his right hand and he puts up a shot.

Wisconsin has 2 pg's better than Derrick, and UW Green Bay has 1 better. So we all can agree the blame is on Buzz.

Keep posting here.  Very well said.  Although Wojo has a couple of other options this year, and chooses not to play them at PG - so for that he deserves plenty of criticism.  Never seen a more passive PG in watching basketball for 30 years.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #88 on: February 01, 2015, 03:01:14 PM »
Yup, and he had to beg back Acker to the team to bong.

FIFY

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #89 on: February 01, 2015, 03:03:17 PM »
Just looking at their senior years, let's compare Derrick and Junior.

Where Junior is better

PPG: 8.5 > 6.0
FT: 71.4% > 46.3%
Assist Rate: 28.3% > 23.9%
FD/40: 3.3 > 2.5

Where Derrick is better

ORtg: 104.5 > 96.1
2PFG: 51.2% > 49.8%
3PFG: 29.6% > 22.6%
eFG: 49.5% > 45.8%
Off Reb: 3.2% > 2.1%
Def Reb: 10.8% > 10.1%
RPG: 3.6 > 2.9
APG: 3.9 > 3.8
SPG: 1.2 > 1.1
TO Rate: 18.6% > 25.8%
TPG: 1.3 > 2.5
FTRate: 37.6% > 32.3%

The basic stats and advanced stats all favor Derrick pretty heavily, but what really stands out is usage. Junior took 20.4% of the shots when he was on the floor, Derrick takes 12.4%. Neither player were good shooters. Derrick is a bit better from 2, 3, and in terms of eFG%, but despite that he is more willing to defer to other players than Junior was. Junior had Gardner, Blue, Jamil, Mayo, Otule, and Lockett, all of whom were more offensively efficient than he was and he was still more likely to shoot. Derrick is willing to defer even though Carlino, Fischer, and Cohen are the only guys on the team more offensively efficient than he is.

Junior made some spectacular plays at times. He was more likely to get the ball to guys in scoring positions. But the only reason he scored more is because he shot so much more. And despite Junior drawing more fouls per game, Derrick has a higher free throw rate which tells me he's better at picking his opportunities.

And all this is without mentioning how much better a defender Derrick is than Junior is. Just look at Roosevelt Jones' statline yesterday if you need a reminder of that. Junior wasn't necessarily a bad defender, but he was at best average. Derrick isn't necessarily an elite defender, but he is well above average.

The last good point guard we had was Dominic James. The last great one was Travis Diener. But since DJ graduated, we've had a series of average (Acker) to slightly below average (Buycks, Junior, Derrick) point guards. Neither Junior nor Derrick were great college points, but if I had the choice between one of them based on their senior season, I'd take Derrick.
Ah yes--the art of deflection. The discussion here is about Derrick, not comparing him to Cadougan. But just to take it off of Derrick, somebody drags in Cadougan. OK. Derrick is a better PG than Logterman was (his Frosh year). Bot Logterman was a better player.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #90 on: February 01, 2015, 03:09:04 PM »
Ah yes--the art of deflection. The discussion here is about Derrick, not comparing him to Cadougan. But just to take it off of Derrick, somebody drags in Cadougan. OK. Derrick is a better PG than Logterman was (his Frosh year). Bot Logterman was a better player.

Every thread has been made about Derrick - so I guess the diversion is fair huh?

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #91 on: February 01, 2015, 03:15:13 PM »
Every thread has been made about Derrick - so I guess the diversion is fair huh?
"Every" thread? Yeah, that is fair hyperbole!

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #92 on: February 01, 2015, 03:24:20 PM »
Okay, I'll entertain you. Who's better than Derrick?
OK, I will entertain you: Duane, Fischer, Carlino, Sandy, and JJJ. Better basketball players. And I would put Juan as a push. Cue up the "He is a great young man...He is a great rebounder....He is an elite defender....He takes care of the basketball..." in 1...2...3.

Also cue up the He cannot shoot...He can't shoot FT's....He cannot create his own shot....etc.

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #93 on: February 01, 2015, 04:09:38 PM »
I don't like Derrick as a starting PG. He was invaluable as a sub PG or defensive sub.

But I know what he is not: a scorer. Therefore, he does create the 4 on 5 situation.

He doesn't even look to score.

He's "efficient" because he only takes 4-6 attempts a game and makes 2-4 of them.
http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/player/gamelog/_/id/56169/derrick-wilson

He would be a better PG if he had a better surrounding (scoring) cast. But that is not the case this season and it particularly exposes his deficiencies.
SS Marquette

BallBoy

• All American
« Reply #94 on: February 01, 2015, 04:14:46 PM »
Go shag some more balls, Ballboy.  And Vander/Mayo?  What about it?  Same player.  And yea, my inability to evaluate a team in a team game is "off the charts" - As it was last year when I preacehd in early November that our team predicted to win the Big East coming off an Elite 8 appearance was going to be in major trouble if Buzz didn't make a change at PG.  And now, once again, Wojo thinking he can win with a clone of himself out there that isn't surrounded by McDonald's All American's like he had at Duke is just ludicrous.  

Yet volleyball players, ball boys, Star Wars action fans, guys who sat in the bleachers watching even - GASP - high school basketball - all spout off about how qualified and correct their OPINIONS are.  Meanwhile, the team loses at a high rate, and these clowns can't come to the conclusion that you aint going to win with a PG as limited as Derrick Wilson.  Last year the excuse was "we don't have anybody else."  Now this year, both Carlino and Duane could play it - yet Wojo inexplicably feels he still needs to play Derrick 35 minutes a game.  And we are 10-11.  2-7 in conference play.  Worst MU offense in a long time.  Clearly our defense first approach, like last year, isn't getting it done.  Again.  

You know why??  Because basketball is a TEAM game, and when your PG (the most critical player for your team on the offensive end) is a complete liability it impacts the whole team tremendously - negatively.  What is the name of this thread??  That's what our head coach said about the team he chose to play last year.  What more needs to be said??

my ability to evaluate talent arose from my high school basketball days or maybe my two intramural championships at the highest levels at Marquette, or possibly my days playing Cordell Henry and Olouma. Never was an actual ball boy but continue to try to use that as a qualifier as to why your opinion should prevail.  The fact you actually think this just proves my point on talent evaluation.

Basketball is a team game and no part is more important then the next. I can count numerous teams who won without a true point guard.  Teams that are winners are those that are greater then the sum of individual parts.

As many have pointed out in the last two years, there were more holes then Derrick Wilson.  They still were going to lose at a high rate. Right now, he is one of our top 3 players which says more about the team then Derrick Wilson. Wojo is playing his best players and the last I checked has kept most games close including against a Top 25 team.

If my qualifications don't exceed your vast experience at the highest levels (complete joke) then I have two people who are vastly more qualified and they aren't trying to screw the administration or play favorites. They know the game.

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #95 on: February 01, 2015, 04:25:12 PM »
my ability to evaluate talent arose from my high school basketball days or maybe my two intramural championships at the highest levels at Marquette, or possibly my days playing Cordell Henry and Olouma. Never was an actual ball boy but continue to try to use that as a qualifier as to why your opinion should prevail.  The fact you actually think this just proves my point on talent evaluation.

Basketball is a team game and no part is more important then the next. I can count numerous teams who won without a true point guard.  Teams that are winners are those that are greater then the sum of individual parts.

As many have pointed out in the last two years, there were more holes then Derrick Wilson.  They still were going to lose at a high rate. Right now, he is one of our top 3 players which says more about the team then Derrick Wilson. Wojo is playing his best players and the last I checked has kept most games close including against a Top 25 team.

If my qualifications don't exceed your vast experience at the highest levels (complete joke) then I have two people who are vastly more qualified and they aren't trying to screw the administration or play favorites. They know the game.

Thanks for clarifying Ball Boy.  Congrats on your playing days and accomplishments.  At least you have some - which is more than most can say here.

Which teams have won without a good PG?  Just curious.  As you look at the Top 25 currently - other than Virginia - how does our PG stack up against those on Top 25 teams?  Do you feel many teams can be successful with a PG that doesn't attempt/nor can make a 2 point jump shot?  That shoots 47% from the FT line?  12.5% from the 3 point line over their 4 year career?

Were Cordell's MU teams more successful than have Derrick's been?  Where would you rank Derrick with regard to our PG's over the last 15 years?

How would you suggest the "sum of the parts" perform last season, when Derrick wasn't guarded within 6 feet, and the defenses collapsed the paint shutting off penetration/easy post entry? 

Lastly - have you ever seen a head coach get a playing decision wrong  - choosing a vet over a more talented understudy?  Aren't head coaches judged ultimately by a Win/Loss record?  Did Buzz meet expectations last year? 

Wojo'sMojo

• All American
« Reply #96 on: February 01, 2015, 04:34:46 PM »
OK, I will entertain you: Duane, Fischer, Carlino, Sandy, and JJJ. Better basketball players. And I would put Juan as a push. Cue up the "He is a great young man...He is a great rebounder....He is an elite defender....He takes care of the basketball..." in 1...2...3.

Also cue up the He cannot shoot...He can't shoot FT's....He cannot create his own shot....etc.

You forgot LEADERSHIP!!!

BallBoy

• All American
« Reply #97 on: February 01, 2015, 05:43:13 PM »
Thanks for clarifying Ball Boy.  Congrats on your playing days and accomplishments.  At least you have some - which is more than most can say here.

Which teams have won without a good PG?  Just curious.  As you look at the Top 25 currently - other than Virginia - how does our PG stack up against those on Top 25 teams?  Do you feel many teams can be successful with a PG that doesn't attempt/nor can make a 2 point jump shot?  That shoots 47% from the FT line?  12.5% from the 3 point line over their 4 year career?

Were Cordell's MU teams more successful than have Derrick's been?  Where would you rank Derrick with regard to our PG's over the last 15 years?

How would you suggest the "sum of the parts" perform last season, when Derrick wasn't guarded within 6 feet, and the defenses collapsed the paint shutting off penetration/easy post entry? 

Lastly - have you ever seen a head coach get a playing decision wrong  - choosing a vet over a more talented understudy?  Aren't head coaches judged ultimately by a Win/Loss record?  Did Buzz meet expectations last year? 

Ok, I will play.  Cordell Henry's record as point guard.  He had a .500 career record until his senior year with Wade.  If I look at just his record, I would say that he wasn't very successful, maybe even less successful than Wilson.  However; he was one of the better players on bad teams.  His first two years were playing with Brian Wardle who many consider one of the best in MU history.  Why did they have a .500 record if we had a good PG?  Maybe because there were holes elsewhere.

1998–99   Mike Deane   14–15   6–10      
1999–00   Tom Crean   15–14   8–8      
2000–01   Tom Crean   15–14   9–7      
2001–02   Tom Crean   26–7   13–3

If I were to look at the point guards of the last 15-20yrs, I would rank them as follows:
Diener
Henry
DJ
Buycks
Cadougan
Acker
Wilson

I would say that based solely on the PG position it is hard to say that team record could directly be attributed to PG play. I mean the second best PG had the second worse record.  I mean a bad record.  I compare that with Cadougan who was in the lower half of point guards and he has a pretty good record. 

I look at Diener's last two season which were not good

2003–04   Tom Crean   19–12   8–8      
2004–05   Tom Crean   19–12   7–9

When I look at the best teams they had at least three players who could take over a game.
Final four team - Novak, Wade, Diener, Jackson, Merritt
Triplet: DJ, Hayward, Matthews, McNeal
Buzz's years: DJO, Vander, Crowder, Butler

Not only were there three people who could take over there were people in key positions who performed well. 

If I look at this years team who can take over a game:
Duane and Carlino.  Both can be taken out of a game.  Fischer maybe.  Has Juan, JJJ, Sandy, or Steve shown they can take over a game week in and week out.  No. 

So let's say we kick Derrick to the curb.  That would mean that JJJ would have to step up at the three guard.  When looking at his stats, he is a worse three point shooter, worse FG shooter, lower assists, higher TOs, fewer offensive and defensive rebounds and not nearly as good of a defender.  I haven't even touched the intangibles such as court presence, leadership, hardworking, character because they aren't needed. So would the 6ft sag go away if JJJ were to play more?

How does our 4 compare against the Top 25?  How about our 5?  If we were to move our 3, how would our three rate?  So if you could make an all-star team of the last 15 years how many players would you take from this years and last years teams?  I might not take anyone.

So let's compare Derrick against our other top PGs.  What was Dominic James FT and 3P-shooting percentage his Sr Yr?  I will help you...worse than Derrick.  His Offensive Rating was 104.7 to 104.3.  How is it that a similar statistical PG is consider one of our best and the other is unserviceable.  Is it because James had more Points but he was also shooting it 4 times as much?

I do think coaches make bad decisions but they work themselves out over time.  I don't see Wojo risking his career for a player he barely knew.  I don't see Wojo risking his career for a player that isn't the future of the team.  I don't see Wojo risking his career for a player who reminds him of himself.  Coaches are paid to win games and they put the best team out there and over time it corrects itself.  How many coaches have you seen put a worse team out there? In order for your theory to work you need two separate coaching staffs who can't evaluate talent or who want to lose.  In order for my theory to work, I just have to look at the stats and alternatives.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #98 on: February 01, 2015, 07:03:20 PM »

Duane? Not consistent enough. Fischer? He started great but hasn't delivered in Big East play. Sandy? Maybe in a year or two, but certainly not yet. Jajuan? Really? Do you watch the games?

Casino is the only one. Juan has been marginalized by good competition. In non-con he put up 15.7/7.8 against buy opposition and 6.8/5.7 against high majors.

Derrick is 7th in eFG% and 5th in assist rate in Big East play. He's shooting 38% from 3 in league play. And he's the most reliable defender on the team. Carlino may be better, but no knee else is. That's part of the problem.
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #99 on: February 01, 2015, 07:07:12 PM »
Duane? Not consistent enough. Fischer? He started great but hasn't delivered in Big East play. Sandy? Maybe in a year or two, but certainly not yet. Jajuan? Really? Do you watch the games?

Casino is the only one. Juan has been marginalized by good competition. In non-con he put up 15.7/7.8 against buy opposition and 6.8/5.7 against high majors.

Derrick is 7th in eFG% and 5th in assist rate in Big East play. He's shooting 38% from 3 in league play. And he's the most reliable defender on the team. Carlino may be better, but no knee else is. That's part of the problem.
Quit eating mushrooms. The ones I mentioned are all better basketball players. You Sir, have missed the boat.
LMAO

feedback