[Today at 07:02:50 PM]

10 years after “Done Deal” … It’s Happening! by Judge Smails
[Today at 07:02:27 PM]

Dallas bars tonite by JakeBarnes
[Today at 06:18:19 PM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by the eagle
[Today at 06:05:16 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Poll

Who Ya Got?

Patriots in a close one
19 (47.5%)
Patriots by 10 or more
8 (20%)
Seahawks in a close one
10 (25%)
Seahawks by 10 or more
3 (7.5%)

Total Members Voted: 40

Author Topic: Superbowl  (Read 11554 times)

RushmoreAcademy

• All American
Superbowl
« on: January 30, 2015, 12:09:35 PM »
What say you, Scoop?

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Re: Superbowl
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2015, 09:56:39 AM »
Super Bowl

MU B2002

• All American
  • Father to future alums in 2029 & 2037.
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2015, 10:07:09 AM »
Sea +1
Under.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2015, 10:18:20 AM by MU B2002 »
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

Groin_pull

• All American
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2015, 11:05:54 PM »
Not interested. Can end in a 0-0 tie. Won't be watching. Hate both teams. Going to a movie instead.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2015, 08:20:16 AM »
I am introducing my boys to cheese wiz and pizza rolls during the game.  So we got that going for us.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2015, 09:35:23 AM »
I don't give no chit. Hopin' for a Katy Perry wardrobe malfunction at halftime, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2015, 11:54:27 AM »
Won't be there in person this year, but not shedding a tear.  Good times up in Portland....flying back during part of the game.  Plenty of funny Crean and Deane stories were told. 

Could not care any less for the outcome of this game. 

MUsoxfan

• Team Captain
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2015, 01:47:45 PM »
Not interested. Can end in a 0-0 tie. Won't be watching. Hate both teams. Going to a movie instead.

Agreed. I'm thankful to be snowed in and completely isolated from the game

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2015, 03:59:44 PM »
Who cares.
SS Marquette

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2015, 07:20:23 PM »
Who cares.

Pretty much the general feeling especially when your team is not in it.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2015, 09:12:39 PM »
Seahawks are a bunch of classless punks.

Guessing God wanted Russell to throw that pick.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2015, 09:13:44 PM »
Karma's a bitch, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2015, 09:15:01 PM »
Watching Badger Darrell Bevill call the worst play in NFL history and watching Badger Russell Wilson throw that pick to have Pete Carroll go down....well that was kind of fun.  Even though I didn't care who won the game, having that epic of a screwup was great.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2015, 09:16:43 PM »
Watching Badger Darrell Bevill call the worst play in NFL history and watching Badger Russell Wilson throw that pick to have Pete Carroll go down....well that was kind of fun.  Even though I didn't care who won the game, having that epic of a screwup was great.

What could have been one of the most remarkable catches in the history of the Super Bowl will go down as a mere footnote.

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2015, 09:25:30 PM »
Questionable coaching decisions by guys paid millions:

1) Why did Belicheck not call a timeout after the first Lynch run that concluded in a 2nd and goal on the 1 yard line with 1:00 left and two timeouts?  In the event Seattle doesn't completely implode and make a similar idiotic coaching decision - such as not running Lynch - you get Brady back the football after kickoff with probably 18 seconds left.  

2) Seahawks, inexplicably with 1 time out left, choose NOT to run Lynch - snap ball at 22 seconds left in game.  You run Lynch, he doesn't get it - timeout.  3rd&goal with roughly 18 seconds.  Run 3rd down play...don't get it - kick field goal and go to OT.

"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

BrewCity77, December 8, 2013

nyg

• All American
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2015, 09:31:40 PM »
Carroll will be able to appease the media about the call, but not to his players.  The players must be absolutely sick and this may effect them for some time.  Lynch had at least two more shots to get one yard. 

Ners, Seattle was down four, no field goal......

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2015, 09:32:45 PM »
Well, sh1t

Death on call

Texas Western

• All American
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2015, 09:34:31 PM »
I Was at the game sitting in Seahawks dominated section. People were stunned at the last play.

brandx

« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2015, 09:40:09 PM »
Carroll will be able to appease the media about the call, but not to his players.  The players must be absolutely sick and this may effect them for some time.  Lynch had at least two more shots to get one yard. 

Ners, Seattle was down four, no field goal......

;D

And Ners wonders why we all think he's an idiot. But as a guy who actually probably played some football, he knows that a real coach would know how to run a four point field goal.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2015, 09:59:04 PM »
I just can't stomach the Pats gloating that will be coming.  Seahawks fans may be ridiculed for being bandwagon, but Boston fans are insufferable.  Not the least of which is my good friend who was born and raised in Chicago but roots for the Pats cause he "never liked the Bears" and won a $10 bet on them in their first Brady Super Bowl win and talks about them like he grew up in Southie.  Until Seattle starts saying things like "Greatriots" "Patriots East" "Patriot Way" etc...  they are infinitely less obnoxious.  I'm honestly more upset about this game outcome than any Super Bowl since the Bears collapse in 2003.

ChuckyChip

• Team Captain
« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2015, 10:06:42 PM »
The key was that Seattle wasted two timeouts on the drive and only had one left. They didn't think they could run the ball three times with only one timeout and 22 seconds remaining.  So the plan was throw on second down and either score or get an incompletion, then run on third down and use the timeout if you don't score to setup the fourth down play.

Kind of makes sense, but horribly risky to throw a ball in traffic like that.  They should have done a fade to the corner.

I also agree about NE not taking a timeout...that was very surprising.  If Seattle had scored there would have been no time left.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2015, 10:08:26 PM by ChuckyChip »

buckchuckler

• All American
« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2015, 10:09:30 PM »
;D

And Ners wonders why we all think he's an idiot. But as a guy who actually probably played some football, he knows that a real coach would know how to run a four point field goal.

Yeah.  Clearly never played hs football.  Why even bother to comment on a sport which you are obviously so ignorant. 

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2015, 10:19:32 PM »
Grandma is from Boston and always liked the Patriots (and Red Sox and Celtics).  Wouldn't necessarily call myself a fan of theirs or even really root for them, but certainly wanted them to win this one with the Seahawks as their opponent.  The 2nd last play of the game confirmed everything I believed about the Seahawks and Pete Carroll.  Nothing but a punk, and everyone on his team follows suit.  The way they lost that game slightly helps the healing process for what happened 2 weeks ago.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2015, 10:20:34 PM »
1. No concussion protocol for Edelman but there was for Avril?

2. Only one person tossed during the scuffle at the end? Gronk, among a couple others, absolutely threw a punch.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2015, 10:28:37 PM »
1. No concussion protocol for Edelman but there was for Avril?

2. Only one person tossed during the scuffle at the end? Gronk, among a couple others, absolutely threw a punch.

Gronk had about 6 guys jumping on him at once.  Seattle loses so they have to start a fight right before it ends.  Complete joke.

feedback