[Today at 02:05:43 PM]

Dallas bars tonite by Jay Bee
[Today at 02:05:40 PM]

Katz has MU in Final Four by MU82
[Today at 01:58:18 PM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Galway Eagle
[Today at 01:20:04 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Nice job, FS1 ...  (Read 6138 times)

MU82

• All American
Nice job, FS1 ...
« on: January 29, 2015, 07:36:02 PM »
I don't get FS2 but I noticed the game was replayed at 4 a.m. on FS1, so I recorded it and was looking forward to watching it today after work.

I avoided Scoop and any other source that might possibly tell me the result, because I hate watching a sporting event when I know who won.

Finally sat down to watch it and I was enjoying the back-and-forth between the teams until midway through the first half ... when effen FS1 showed the effen final score on the scroll.

Really? You show the final score DURING a game you're showing on delay? Pathetic.

Had we won, I might have kept watching. But I had no interest in seeing the rest of a game I knew we were gonna lose.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
Re: Nice job, FS1 ...
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2015, 07:40:57 PM »
I don't get FS2 but I noticed the game was replayed at 4 a.m. on FS1, so I recorded it and was looking forward to watching it today after work.

I avoided Scoop and any other source that might possibly tell me the result, because I hate watching a sporting event when I know who won.

Finally sat down to watch it and I was enjoying the back-and-forth between the teams until midway through the first half ... when effen FS1 showed the effen final score on the scroll.

Really? You show the final score DURING a game you're showing on delay? Pathetic.

Had we won, I might have kept watching. But I had no interest in seeing the rest of a game I knew we were gonna lose.

Damn that's takes an impressive amount of effort.
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2015, 07:45:37 PM »
Damn that's takes an impressive amount of effort.

I was really busy today, so it wasn't as difficult as you'd think. I didn't watch SportsCenter last night before I went to bed, and I didn't look at the agate page of the newspaper this morning, because in NC that's the only place unranked, non-local teams are mentioned.

Otherwise, I was out and about today and would have actually had to make an effort to find out the score. Which I didn't. Because I wanted to watch the game.

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2015, 07:47:21 PM »

Why didn't you just record it live?  I never record replays, always the live showing. 

zrjones13

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2015, 07:49:16 PM »
Why didn't you just record it live?  I never record replays, always the live showing. 

He doesn't get FS2.  That sucks though when I record a game I try to avoid seeing the score as much as possible.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2015, 07:50:11 PM »
ESPN would have done the same thing.  They assume people already know.

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2015, 07:51:02 PM »
He doesn't get FS2.  That sucks though when I record a game I try to avoid seeing the score as much as possible.

I glossed over that small detail.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2015, 07:52:02 PM »
ESPN would have done the same thing.  They assume people already know.

Well, it's stupid.

I mean, think about it.

It's stupid.

My solution now will simply be to not do this in the future, so they cost themselves a viewer in a similar situation. Then again, I never watch commercials anyway, so they probably don't care.

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2015, 07:58:43 PM »
I actually thought last nights announcers were pretty good. I've been pleasantly surprised with FoxSports 1 (and 2).

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2015, 08:00:49 PM »
I actually thought last nights announcers were pretty good. I've been pleasantly surprised with FoxSports 1 (and 2).

Brian Anderson is outstanding at play by play. 

I'd never heard of the analyst before, but he did a nice job too.  At least we weren't stuck with Dickey Simpkins again. 

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2015, 08:04:46 PM »
Bow down to almighty ESPN

chapman

• All American
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2015, 08:09:40 PM »

My solution now will simply be to not do this in the future, so they cost themselves a viewer in a similar situation. Then again, I never watch commercials anyway, so they probably don't care.

Or I guess you could change the sizing of the TV picture to cut off the bottom of the screen. 

I'd never heard of the analyst before, but he did a nice job too.  At least we weren't stuck with Dickey Simpkins again. 

Yes, nice to have an actual tolerable announcing team.  I'd rather Rock join BA in the booth and go off on a tangent about how Derrick Wilson would make a great catcher than ever have to listen to Simpkins.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2015, 09:14:05 PM »
I guess I could have changed screen size, yes. Just didn't think to do it.

As Steve Martin liked to say, "I blame myself!"

And yes, about a minute before I saw the final score, I said to my wife and father-in-law: "These announcers actually are pretty good."

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2015, 11:35:48 PM »
People watch the scroll???

I guess I'm fortunate that somehow my mind doesn't process that part of the screen.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2015, 11:39:25 PM by rocky_warrior »

geagles10

• Starter
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2015, 12:38:23 AM »

I'd never heard of the analyst before, but he did a nice job too.  At least we weren't stuck with Dickey Simpkins again.  

Yeah its Nick Bahe, the Creighton radio color guy.  When I was at CU in grad school the last couple of years I always knew he would get noticed and make it to the national stage.  He still does some of the Creighton games but I wonder if Fox will take him away full time.   
« Last Edit: January 30, 2015, 12:41:42 AM by geagles10 »

MU_LOL

• Starter
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2015, 08:02:16 AM »
Waaaaaa
I'm Ron Burgundy?

bradley center bat

• All American
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2015, 12:57:24 PM »

I'd never heard of the analyst before, but he did a nice job.
He does Creighton games most of the time on FS1.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2015, 01:03:12 PM »
People watch the scroll???

I guess I'm fortunate that somehow my mind doesn't process that part of the screen.

I rarely notice it...except on the rare occasion where I'm trying to avoid seeing a score. :(

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2015, 01:06:38 PM »
Fox sports Juan for us there folks

MU82

• All American
« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2015, 01:21:40 PM »
I rarely notice it...except on the rare occasion where I'm trying to avoid seeing a score. :(

Exactly.