[Today at 07:05:03 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by Jay Bee
[Today at 06:25:51 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by MU82
[Today at 04:38:12 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Uncle Rico
[Today at 04:09:20 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Jimmy an all star  (Read 6264 times)

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
Jimmy an all star
« on: January 29, 2015, 05:01:00 PM »
NT

Blackhat

• All American
Re: Jimmy an all star
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2015, 05:01:39 PM »
Congratulations Jimmy Buckets!

ttheisen

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2015, 05:07:58 PM »
Well earned

Groin_pull

• All American
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2015, 05:11:57 PM »
Ummmm. I thought reserves weren't announced until 7:00 EST.

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2015, 05:14:24 PM »
Ummmm. I thought reserves weren't announced until 7:00 EST.
It's all over twitter. He's in.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2015, 05:15:04 PM »
J F B
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2015, 05:19:43 PM »
Hope somebody explains to him that he's not supposed to play defense that night.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2015, 05:53:16 PM »
Hope somebody explains to him that he's not supposed to play defense that night.

Heck no! Let Jimmy set the All-Star records for blocks and steals!
Have some patience, FFS.

Groin_pull

• All American
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2015, 06:40:15 PM »
Now it's official. D Wade is also an East reserve. Nice to have two MU guys on the squad.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2015, 06:43:57 PM »
Shame that Wes isn't in the east he'd actually have a good shot at a bid
Maigh Eo for Sam

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2015, 09:06:17 PM »
Congrats Jimmy and Dwyane!

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2015, 09:57:51 AM »
I woke this morning to see the Lakers beat the Bulls?  Wow.  I don't watch the NBA, but you can't avoid the drive in every day in the morning and the daily ripping on the Lakers.  I'll have to assume some key guys didn't play for the Bulls because the Lakers are horrific.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2015, 10:00:18 AM »
I woke this morning to see the Lakers beat the Bulls?  Wow.  I don't watch the NBA, but you can't avoid the drive in every day in the morning and the daily ripping on the Lakers.  I'll have to assume some key guys didn't play for the Bulls because the Lakers are horrific.

All I know is that Jimmy got 35 points in that game.  But he can't do the job all by himself.
Have some patience, FFS.

GoldenWarrior11

• All American
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2015, 10:06:17 AM »
There are rumors that the team has stopped playing for Thibs.  As a lifelong Bulls fan, it is so frustrating to see the organization turn on him.  He consistently turns bench-warmers into key contributors (C.J. Watson, Nate Robinson, John Lucas, D.J. Augustin, Aaron Brooks) year-in and year-out.  Jimmy Butler is the heart and soul of the team (with Noah).  If they let him walk (or not pay him a max-contract), shame on the organization.  Derrick Rose, easily one of the most skilled players in the NBA, simply cannot be depended on to lead the team.  It's a shame injuries have taken a toll on him, but it is what it is. 

This is the same organization that still paid Jay (Jason) Williams his full salary when he breached his contract by riding on a motorcycle in 2002.  Sentimentality and affection for players is the club's downfall.  It's no wonder that John Paxson and Gar Forman still have their respective roles for so long.

Thibs will be the Head Coach/GM of another team next year - and he will win with them.

/rant

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2015, 10:15:13 AM »
All I know is that Jimmy got 35 points in that game.  But he can't do the job all by himself.

This Lakers team is so bad, I'm honestly surprised Butler couldn't beat them by himself.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2015, 10:24:46 AM »
There are rumors that the team has stopped playing for Thibs.  As a lifelong Bulls fan, it is so frustrating to see the organization turn on him.  He consistently turns bench-warmers into key contributors (C.J. Watson, Nate Robinson, John Lucas, D.J. Augustin, Aaron Brooks) year-in and year-out.  Jimmy Butler is the heart and soul of the team (with Noah).  If they let him walk (or not pay him a max-contract), shame on the organization.  Derrick Rose, easily one of the most skilled players in the NBA, simply cannot be depended on to lead the team.  It's a shame injuries have taken a toll on him, but it is what it is. 

This is the same organization that still paid Jay (Jason) Williams his full salary when he breached his contract by riding on a motorcycle in 2002.  Sentimentality and affection for players is the club's downfall.  It's no wonder that John Paxson and Gar Forman still have their respective roles for so long.

Thibs will be the Head Coach/GM of another team next year - and he will win with them.

/rant

But if they stopped playing for Thibs, why did they beat the league-leading Warriors two nights earlier?  Is this something they decided on Wednesday?
Have some patience, FFS.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2015, 10:44:41 AM »
This Lakers team is so bad, I'm honestly surprised Butler couldn't beat them by himself.

That's honestly the dumbest thing I've ever read on Scoop. Honestly.

MU B2002

• All American
  • Father to future alums in 2029 & 2037.
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2015, 10:53:26 AM »

/rant

I think what Chicago needs is a week off for everyone.  The guys just look worn down. 
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

RJax55

• All American
« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2015, 11:03:15 AM »
There are rumors that the team has stopped playing for Thibs.  As a lifelong Bulls fan, it is so frustrating to see the organization turn on him.  He consistently turns bench-warmers into key contributors (C.J. Watson, Nate Robinson, John Lucas, D.J. Augustin, Aaron Brooks) year-in and year-out.  Jimmy Butler is the heart and soul of the team (with Noah).  If they let him walk (or not pay him a max-contract), shame on the organization.  Derrick Rose, easily one of the most skilled players in the NBA, simply cannot be depended on to lead the team.  It's a shame injuries have taken a toll on him, but it is what it is.  

This is the same organization that still paid Jay (Jason) Williams his full salary when he breached his contract by riding on a motorcycle in 2002.  Sentimentality and affection for players is the club's downfall.  It's no wonder that John Paxson and Gar Forman still have their respective roles for so long.

/rant

Thibs can coach and win, but at what cost?

His win-at-all-cost philosophy grids down guys. Look at Noah. Thibs played him way too many minutes last year, for what? The quest for 3rd seed in the Eastern Conference, great. So, Thibs micromanages the Bulls to 48 wins, and everybody applauds the coaching job. But, most fail to recognize that in Thibs' quest to win-at-all costs, he completed gassed his team for the playoffs. Thus, the Wiz easily dispatch the Bulls in the first round. And, now Noah looks like a shell of his former-self.

His style only works for so long and I think you're starting to see that with this year's Bulls team. My issue with Thibs is that truly great coaches are strategic in how they handle the regular season. Yes, you need to win games, but preparing and having your team ready for the playoffs is the ultimate goal. That's why Popovich is a legend, he understands this. Thibs' hyper-focus on every game doesn't allow him to see the whole picture.

StillWarriors

• All American
« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2015, 11:11:51 AM »

Look no further than D Rose taking 26 shots. Made 7, meanwhile Jimmy was 9-17 with a bunch of free throws. Yes, D Rose hit a game winner the other night, but that was part of a 13-33 effort. Don't think he's figured out that the game likely wouldn't come down to a last shot if not for him jacking up shot after shot.

Shark

• All American
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2015, 11:19:00 AM »
Look no further than D Rose taking 26 shots. Made 7, meanwhile Jimmy was 9-17 with a bunch of free throws. Yes, D Rose hit a game winner the other night, but that was part of a 13-33 effort. Don't think he's figured out that the game likely wouldn't come down to a last shot if not for him jacking up shot after shot.

Honestly, Rose is the third best option for the Bulls on offense. Especially last night, Pau had Sacre covering him and Rose decided he wanted to shoot contested shots instead of feeding him. And then you have Butler having an incredibly efficient game. Don't understand why Rose thinks he needs to shoot that much if he's clearly not hot.

Groin_pull

• All American
« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2015, 11:20:48 AM »
Thibs can coach and win, but at what cost?

His win-at-all-cost philosophy grids down guys. Look at Noah. Thibs played him way too many minutes last year, for what? The quest for 3rd seed in the Eastern Conference, great. So, Thibs micromanages the Bulls to 48 wins, and everybody applauds the coaching job. But, most fail to recognize that in Thibs' quest to win-at-all costs, he completed gassed his team for the playoffs. Thus, the Wiz easily dispatch the Bulls in the first round. And, now Noah looks like a shell of his former-self.

His style only works for so long and I think you're starting to see that with this year's Bulls team. My issue with Thibs is that truly great coaches are strategic in how they handle the regular season. Yes, you need to win games, but preparing and having your team ready for the playoffs is the ultimate goal. That's why Popovich is a legend, he understands this. Thibs' hyper-focus on every game doesn't allow him to see the whole picture.

He definitely grinds his team down. That's why I'm glad Jimmy is going to get paid this summer. Playing all those minutes, he may not have much left in a few years.

RushmoreAcademy

• All American
« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2015, 12:10:48 PM »
Congrats to Jimmy! Well deserved.

mu-rara

• All American
« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2015, 12:14:42 PM »
That's honestly the dumbest thing I've ever read on Scoop. Honestly.
Not inferring sarcasm is even dumber.

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
« Reply #24 on: January 30, 2015, 12:20:13 PM »
Rose was absolutely horrendous last night. It's almost to the point where he's a hindrance. Against GS he had 11 turnovers and 1 assist. But his "game winner" got all the attention. He stinks.

Ners is picking on the wrong Derrick. Seriously...11 turnovers and 1 assist? Let that sink in.