[Today at 09:46:37 AM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by MU Fan in Connecticut
[Today at 09:25:35 AM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by MarquetteDano
[Today at 09:22:06 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Spotcheck Billy
[Today at 07:22:54 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Seton Hall game thread  (Read 26843 times)

StateStreetMission

• Scholarship Player
Re: Seton Hall game thread
« Reply #150 on: January 28, 2015, 07:53:44 PM »
4-6 , 8 rebounds  7 assists

Shark

• All American
« Reply #151 on: January 28, 2015, 07:54:08 PM »
Same story different game. Seton Hall hit some deep contested 3's. They made their FT's. They got some hor$ecrap calls to go their way. And we lost.

Shark

• All American
« Reply #152 on: January 28, 2015, 07:55:31 PM »
Juan only makes 3's when they don't matter I guess.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #153 on: January 28, 2015, 07:55:38 PM »
Why does it seem like everyone loves Derrick Wilson? Announcers. Current coaches. Former coaches. As far as I can tell, he is the starting point guard of the worst two-year stretch in the last 30+ years of the program. I must not know anything about basketball.

An odd time to complain about Derrick.  Of all the players you could pick out to complain about, you pick out the guy who shot 4-6, had 10 points, 7 rebounds, 7 assists, and 2 steals.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

AirPunches

• All American
« Reply #154 on: January 28, 2015, 07:56:13 PM »
If Juans two threes at the end of the game don't say it all I don't know what does.

chapman

• All American
« Reply #155 on: January 28, 2015, 07:58:17 PM »
Someone convince Juan it's always garbage time, he actually makes shots then.

Why don't we run anymore?  We can't win playing a half court game.

Cause we have like three players in six bodies.  To run much more than we did we'd have to have at least eight players in nine bodies.

Give the Hall credit. They have some freshmen that can play and will be tough for few years.

They're being rewarded for keeping faith with Willard.  We need some of that magic.  Hope Wojo's got some good ideas for the three-plus spots still open.

Afroman

• All American
« Reply #156 on: January 28, 2015, 08:37:02 PM »
An odd time to complain about Derrick.  Of all the players you could pick out to complain about, you pick out the guy who shot 4-6, had 10 points, 7 rebounds, 7 assists, and 2 steals.

Did they win tonight? Have they won with any any regularity in the last two seasons with the great Derrick running the show?

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #157 on: January 28, 2015, 10:02:50 PM »
Did they win tonight? Have they won with any any regularity in the last two seasons with the great Derrick running the show?

Thank you for making my exact point.  I will take 10, 8, 7, and 2 from my point guard 100% of the time.  I would be thrilled with that from any point guard at any level.  Scoring enough to keep the defense honest, distributing the ball and getting the offense flowing, playing good defense, and rebounding the basketball at a really high clip for a guard.  And we didn't win.  Which means...there's more wrong with the team than the point guard?!  You don't say!

I suppose the only difference between this year's team and the 2003 Final Four team is that Travis Diener was the point guard then and now we have Derrick Wilson.  Forget that we had one of the greatest players ever to play the game of basketball in 2003 accompanied with one of the greatest shooters to ever play the game of basketball as well as one of the best big men to ever play the game of basketball at Marquette, the only difference is the point guards.  If Diener could play this season, we'd be a lock for the Final Four, no doubt.

Same story with Michigan State from this year compared to 2010-2011.  Korie Lucious obviously was the reason MSU went to the Final Four since he is so much better than Travis Trice, hence why Korie's team went to the Final Four while Trice is leading his team to a 13-7 record so far this season.  Nobody else on the teams matter, just the point guards.

Think before you post next time.  Please.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Afroman

• All American
« Reply #158 on: January 29, 2015, 07:20:00 PM »
Thank you for making my exact point.  I will take 10, 8, 7, and 2 from my point guard 100% of the time.  I would be thrilled with that from any point guard at any level.  Scoring enough to keep the defense honest, distributing the ball and getting the offense flowing, playing good defense, and rebounding the basketball at a really high clip for a guard.  And we didn't win.  Which means...there's more wrong with the team than the point guard?!  You don't say!

I suppose the only difference between this year's team and the 2003 Final Four team is that Travis Diener was the point guard then and now we have Derrick Wilson.  Forget that we had one of the greatest players ever to play the game of basketball in 2003 accompanied with one of the greatest shooters to ever play the game of basketball as well as one of the best big men to ever play the game of basketball at Marquette, the only difference is the point guards.  If Diener could play this season, we'd be a lock for the Final Four, no doubt.

Same story with Michigan State from this year compared to 2010-2011.  Korie Lucious obviously was the reason MSU went to the Final Four since he is so much better than Travis Trice, hence why Korie's team went to the Final Four while Trice is leading his team to a 13-7 record so far this season.  Nobody else on the teams matter, just the point guards.

Think before you post next time.  Please.

I just think he is terrible. You don't have to get all holier than thou, captain.

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #159 on: January 29, 2015, 08:09:29 PM »
Del Gado is a punk

He was quite the beeotch last night, wasn't he?

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #160 on: January 29, 2015, 08:55:27 PM »
I just think he is terrible. You don't have to get all holier than thou, captain.

So then you should've said that.  Bringing up the team's record means absolutely nothing towards whether Derrick is the best basketball player in the world or the worst basketball player in the world.  There are 5 players on the court for each team in a basketball game.  While Derrick is far from a world beater, he is also not the single reason that we have had 2 down years in a row.

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #161 on: January 30, 2015, 09:57:21 AM »
So then you should've said that.  Bringing up the team's record means absolutely nothing towards whether Derrick is the best basketball player in the world or the worst basketball player in the world.  There are 5 players on the court for each team in a basketball game.  While Derrick is far from a world beater, he is also not the single reason that we have had 2 down years in a row.

Well, his head coach last season said he was the reason we were playing 4 on 5.  Pretty sure that affects the other 4 guys on the court.  Also pretty sure having a guard who hasn't made a midrange jump shot all season isn't exactly the formula for winning.  Not to mention 47% FT shooting.  I do appreciate Derrick's ability to convert layups at a 46.6% clip this season, as well as his improved 3 point shooting.

I wonder if we will be better next year?  We'll lose our leading scorer in Carlino, and essentially hope to replace his point production with a 5-star freshman.  Hmm.
"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

BrewCity77, December 8, 2013