[Today at 04:40:13 PM]

Dallas bars tonite by BrewCity83
[Today at 04:40:04 PM]

Where is Marquette? by Dr. Blackheart
[Today at 04:38:52 PM]

10 years after “Done Deal” … It’s Happening! by The Sultan of Semantics
[Today at 03:24:51 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Sacar Anim  (Read 160025 times)

MuMark

• All American
Sacar Anim
« on: January 28, 2015, 05:34:24 PM »
2015 2 guard from MN.....Mark Miller just predicted he will pick MU on CB....http://247sports.com/PlayerInstitution/Sacar-Anim-at-DeLaSalle-56724/CurrentExpertPredictions

Hards Alumni

• All American
Re: Sacar Anim
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2015, 06:21:32 PM »
Still says UNI on the site  ;D

hdog1017

• Team Captain
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2015, 08:19:23 PM »
Marquette is really beating out the blue bloods on him

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2015, 08:21:06 PM »

Yep, looks like the list we beat out to get DWade....

Shark

• All American
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2015, 08:22:09 PM »

#2 recruit in Minnesota according to ESPN. So it's not like he's a bad player.

DienerTime34

• All American
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2015, 08:29:19 PM »

UNI is 18-2 and ranked No. 18. We'd be lucky to be as good as they are next year. We should hope to beat them out for recruits.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2015, 08:29:44 PM »

Jay Bee?

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2015, 08:32:59 PM »
Jay Bee?

Yes, curious to get JayBee's take.

At some point we need to get some of these open scholarships filled.  Nick's N situation is concerning.  Think JJJ's could be getting dicey as well.

But.  Trust the process.  #wineveryday
"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

BrewCity77, December 8, 2013

Wojo'sMojo

• All American
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2015, 08:41:22 PM »
Yes, curious to get JayBee's take.

At some point we need to get some of these open scholarships filled.  Nick's N situation is concerning.  Think JJJ's could be getting dicey as well.

But.  Trust the process.  #wineveryday

JJJ is gone.

79Warrior

• All American
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2015, 08:44:39 PM »
JJJ is gone.

So what. He looks lost out there. Overrated out of HS.

chapman

• All American
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2015, 08:50:27 PM »

Yep.  Minimum three, and could be looking for up to five scholarships.  And none of the banking garbage - this year is kaput, focus the energy on finding some more talent.  All we need is to start with 11 bodies, have one transfer, two injuries, and one guy in the doghouse and we're back to scouting the women's team managers for bodies again.  Do it right and find five talented players, in addition to those already on board and you can pull a Seton Hall and put together a freshman class that makes an immediate impact and sets the tone for several years of success.

BCHoopster

• All American
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2015, 08:52:42 PM »

He could not have been worse today in a very short period, missed a lay-up, played shadow D, took a 3 and missed badly, and then looked bad on D again, then to the bench.  Kid is way to soft, and like you said overrated.  Always wondered how Buzz got him out of Memphis, I know why, not that good.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2015, 08:54:25 PM »

Agreed.  He has some tremendous skills, but the ability to impress in AAU games -- on which HS rankings are mostly based -- does not always translate well into the more structured college game where players face sophisticated team defenses.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2015, 09:44:03 PM »
Have posted a bit on Sacar here in other threads. Comes from a great program in DeLaSalle, who was at the Alabama A&M game several weeks ago.

Wojo was in town yesterday (here in the Twin Cities) to visit De.

Hardworking, all-around solid player. Most like who on current roster? Sandy. Better slasher to the bucket, but not the outside shooter that Cohen is (shot needs improvement). Size should enable him to defend multiple positions; took a... quiet leadership role with Pulley this summer.

Tough call; could turn out pretty good. Gophers haven't offered - Minnesota fans will flip if Sacar has a great HM career without a Gopher offer. I think what he can potentially be defensively, along with his attacking ability and grinder-type work ethic, it's probably a pretty good match for Wojo in a lot of ways.

No, my whip isn't that big plus I'm still in the Twin Cities tonight. I think they're playing Milwaukee Washington tomorrow.

Goanar Mar (2017), Sacar Anim (2015) guys to watch. Former target & Minnesota-commit Jarvis Johnson is a 2015 as well, along with Josh Collins.

Could MU consider Sacar? Probably

Goanar could be really good. Need more time to tell though.
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2015, 09:49:02 PM »
Have posted a bit on Sacar here in other threads. Comes from a great program in DeLaSalle, who was at the Alabama A&M game several weeks ago.

Wojo was in town yesterday (here in the Twin Cities) to visit De.

Hardworking, all-around solid player. Most like who on current roster? Sandy. Better slasher to the bucket, but not the outside shooter that Cohen is (shot needs improvement). Size should enable him to defend multiple positions; took a... quiet leadership role with Pulley this summer.

Tough call; could turn out pretty good. Gophers haven't offered - Minnesota fans will flip if Sacar has a great HM career without a Gopher offer. I think what he can potentially be defensively, along with his attacking ability and grinder-type work ethic, it's probably a pretty good match for Wojo in a lot of ways.

Thanks JayBee.  Think you raise a good point.  Think we will see Wojo recruiting a lot of kids of this type of makeup.  Hopefully they are ultimately talented enough too to be successful.  The mixtape I watched of him was pretty underwhelming - though he appeared to finish very well with his weak hand.
"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

BrewCity77, December 8, 2013

Boone

• All American
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2015, 10:31:46 PM »
Would rather have Ricky Council, but Wojo apparently hasn't offered. Doesn't seem to be much question about his shooting ability.

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2015, 11:29:49 PM »

Love to cherry pick Minnesota's best!  ;)

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2015, 11:34:34 PM »
I respect and trust Miller's opinions.  I keep waiting (hoping actually) for him to change his Diamond Stone prediction from UW to us!!  He's held UW as his favorite for DIamond since last August I think. 

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2015, 11:46:35 PM »
JJJ is gone.

Not yet he's not. If he was, Wojo wouldn't let him sniff playing time. He may decide to transfer, if he does, it will be because he couldn't cut it at this level.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2015, 06:37:03 AM »
I don't care if a kid is ranked 2 or 3 stars. If they can play  like those kids on Butler I'll be happy.

TVDirector

• All American
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2015, 06:48:12 AM »
Tweets
Follow
10h
 MN Hoopers Stand Up @MNHSU
De La Salle-2015-SG- Sacar Amin is the Most #UnderRated & #UnderRecruited Prospect Midwest, possibly in the Nation. pic.twitter.com/2Yk44OoGWv

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2015, 08:54:41 AM »
Not yet he's not. If he was, Wojo wouldn't let him sniff playing time. He may decide to transfer, if he does, it will be because he couldn't cut it at this level.

The "dumb hyperbolic" crowd is growing apparently TAMU

Yeah Wojo must love his game and he's in his plans for the future, obvious by his conference minutes, and his whopping 7 last night!! 

Coaches b.s. a lot about what they think of their players, but the minutes they give their players is all you need to know. 

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2015, 09:13:05 AM »
The "dumb hyperbolic" crowd is growing apparently TAMU

Yeah Wojo must love his game and he's in his plans for the future, obvious by his conference minutes, and his whopping 7 last night!! 

Coaches b.s. a lot about what they think of their players, but the minutes they give their players is all you need to know. 

Your comment was still dumb and hyperbolic. There's a difference between saying a kid might transfer because he can't contribute on a team and saying he's not cut out for D1 ball.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2015, 09:59:17 AM »
Your comment was still dumb and hyperbolic. There's a difference between saying a kid might transfer because he can't contribute on a team and saying he's not cut out for D1 ball.

Never once in any way, shape, or form have I stated, or even implied that he's not a D1 player.   Never.  Go back and look at every post of mine and you won't find that. I've certainly stated he's not a player the caliber of D1 we're competing at.  Look back at e everything I wrote in that thread in particular that led to your response.

Don't make up sh** because your comment was so off base.  I have said he's at best a mid major guy, a Horizon Leaguer, etc.

I really hate posters who lie
« Last Edit: January 29, 2015, 10:05:57 AM by HutchwasClutch »

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2015, 10:05:58 AM »
Never once in any way, shape, or form have I stated, or even implied that he's not a D1 player.   Never.  Go back and look at every post of mine and you won't find that. Don't make up sh** because your comment was so off base.  I have said he's at best a mid major guy, a Horizon Leaguer, etc.

I really hate posters who lie
Now c'mon man, can't you be a bit more politically correct? Scoop posters never lie, however they do excel at making stuff up!!!!!
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

feedback