[Today at 09:23:57 AM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by MarquetteDano
[Today at 09:22:06 AM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by avid1010
[Today at 09:16:40 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Spotcheck Billy
[Today at 07:22:54 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Noskowiak going off on Twitter right now  (Read 23929 times)

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
Re: Noskowiak going off on Twitter right now
« Reply #50 on: January 28, 2015, 01:56:56 PM »
I will say this, oftentimes parents have a much more difficult time letting go when their children have the potential for great things. It's my experience that they crave a certain amount of credit be given to them rather than have their child's success speak for itself. Not saying that's the case, but it could very well be.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #51 on: January 28, 2015, 02:42:59 PM »
NN has made his tweets in the public domain.   They are out there.   Choosing how to react or not react is on us.   I choose to let the kid be. 

I respect that.

I also respect those who choose to use an Internet chat board to, well, chat about the public news of the day.

I would have less respect (actually, no respect) for those who would be vulgar, angry in tone, abusive in language, disrespectful, etc. Most here on Scoop have not done that.

To me, talking about and having an opinion about a public subject involving a public figure does not "cross a line." Others obviously feel differently.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #52 on: January 28, 2015, 02:55:56 PM »
I will say this, oftentimes parents have a much more difficult time letting go when their children have the potential for great things. It's my experience that they crave a certain amount of credit be given to them rather than have their child's success speak for itself.

Dude, let your kids out of the basement!

Death on call

MUCam

• All American
« Reply #53 on: January 28, 2015, 03:10:20 PM »
The frontal lobe of the male brain that connects the emotional and rational forms at 28.

How old is Ners again?

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #54 on: January 28, 2015, 03:11:03 PM »
I respect that.

I also respect those who choose to use an Internet chat board to, well, chat about the public news of the day.

I would have less respect (actually, no respect) for those who would be vulgar, angry in tone, abusive in language, disrespectful, etc. Most here on Scoop have not done that.

To me, talking about and having an opinion about a public subject involving a public figure does not "cross a line." Others obviously feel differently.

I believe that the issue some people have is that a 17-year-old HS student is considered "a public figure" simply because he happens to be very good at basketball.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #55 on: January 28, 2015, 03:21:30 PM »
I believe that the issue some people have is that a 17-year-old HS student is considered "a public figure" simply because he happens to be very good at basketball.

I understand, Merritt's.

Again, I ask what if he were a 16-year-old pro tennis player, a 14-year-old singer or a 12-year-old actor? Would the fact that he were paid or that he were more famous somehow make him "more public"?

Are 16-year-old Elle Fanning's tweets "more public" than 18-year-old Nick's tweets -- even though Nick is old enough to vote and go to war?
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #56 on: January 28, 2015, 03:25:22 PM »
Dude, let your kids out of the basement!

My son would be perfectly happy spending the rest of his life in the basement. So long as the television works and he has unlimited access to the latest in video games.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #57 on: January 28, 2015, 03:27:51 PM »

I think it's fair to call him a public figure amongst the Marquette community.  Now if ESPN or Foxsports were to write up something about it then I'd say it's prying too hard into a kids life.  He's good at basketball, another child's good at acting, another at singing it doesn't mean it is suddenly that different. They're talents that the public pays to see. What defines them as a public figure is how much of society would be concerned with them.
Maigh Eo for Sam

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #58 on: January 28, 2015, 03:51:55 PM »
I understand, Merritt's.

Again, I ask what if he were a 16-year-old pro tennis player, a 14-year-old singer or a 12-year-old actor? Would the fact that he were paid or that he were more famous somehow make him "more public"?

Are 16-year-old Elle Fanning's tweets "more public" than 18-year-old Nick's tweets -- even though Nick is old enough to vote and go to war?

If your 18-year-old child/nephew/cousin/whomever was going through an incredibly difficult time in his life and presumably tweeted something out of frustration, would you want his life to then be dissected by a bunch of anonymous old men on a message board? I assume that you'd have no problem with it since he can go to war, right?

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #59 on: January 28, 2015, 04:09:33 PM »
My son would be perfectly happy spending the rest of his life in the basement. So long as the television works and he has unlimited access to the latest in video games.
And likely a refrigerator that is well stocked? Many of us have been there--especially keeping the chow coming!
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

Tums Festival

• All American
« Reply #60 on: January 28, 2015, 04:32:23 PM »
Perhaps there are people who are interested because they wish the best for NN and are hopeful that everything ends up working out OK. It seems like some think the worst and any interest must be based on wanting to gossip rather than concern for the young man's well being.
"Every day ends with a Tums festival!"

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #61 on: January 28, 2015, 05:15:21 PM »
If your 18-year-old child/nephew/cousin/whomever was going through an incredibly difficult time in his life and presumably tweeted something out of frustration, would you want his life to then be dissected by a bunch of anonymous old men on a message board? I assume that you'd have no problem with it since he can go to war, right?

If he puts his business on blast on Twitter, it's his own fault. Hopefully it's a learning experience.

Spaniel with a Short Tail

• All American
« Reply #62 on: January 28, 2015, 05:19:38 PM »
I agree with the logic of your argument, but,  the ability to comment on his tweets should be balanced with the wisdom of commenting on his tweets. 

This sounds appropriate. I also agree with another poster that NN's tweets are appropriate for discussion on this board. If you are uncomfortable with that, do not participate.

Finally, I hope for the best for the whole Noskowiak family. Can't fathom how difficult this must be for all involved.

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #63 on: January 28, 2015, 06:37:42 PM »
I hope Nick is finding support and this MU guy wishes everything gets better and is pulling for him.

But I won't entertain any speculation...

Just letting it be.
SS Marquette

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #64 on: January 28, 2015, 06:48:11 PM »
I hope Nick is finding support and this MU guy wishes everything gets better and is pulling for him.

But I won't entertain any speculation...

Just letting it be.

Well put.  That's how I feel.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

RyPow11

• Walk-On
« Reply #65 on: January 28, 2015, 07:15:22 PM »
Long time reader, single-digit poster

Before Nick deleted his twitter, there were multiply replies (from what looked like Sun Prairie students) to his harsh tweet that referenced Nick smoking a lot of weed. Both tweets that referenced the drug use have been deleted. Hate to stir the pot, but thought I should inform my fellow scoopers.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #66 on: January 28, 2015, 07:19:45 PM »

Before Nick deleted his twitter, there were multiply replies (from what looked like Sun Prairie students) to his harsh tweet that referenced Nick smoking a lot of weed. Both tweets that referenced the drug use have been deleted. Hate to stir the pot, but thought I should inform my fellow scoopers.

Great, thanks for informing us, really necessary information to share with everyone so that we all know what was deleted in case anybody missed it.

Please go back to not posting.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

PistolPete

• Starter
« Reply #67 on: January 28, 2015, 09:39:05 PM »

I'm slightly more concerned about his mental health and domestic situation than I am about the speculative, supposed recreational drug use.