[April 19, 2024, 11:10:31 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by Scoop Snoop
[April 19, 2024, 09:34:36 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[April 19, 2024, 05:04:53 PM]

NIL Future by MU82
[April 19, 2024, 03:21:43 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Noskowiak going off on Twitter right now  (Read 24014 times)

Blackhat

• All American
Re: Noskowiak going off on Twitter right now
« Reply #25 on: January 27, 2015, 08:41:30 PM »
What the hell is going on out here??

Lets get weird.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #26 on: January 27, 2015, 08:44:35 PM »
Not interested in his personal life and trying to be involved in figuring out what he is going through.

Hopefully he can get to MU and knock down a lot of trey's for us next year

There's a (huge) difference between "trying to get involved in figuring out what he is going through" and hoping that the kid is able to overcome an obstacle in his life that is bigger than Marquette basketball.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

WarriorPride68

• All American
« Reply #27 on: January 27, 2015, 09:14:02 PM »

WarriorPride68

• All American
« Reply #28 on: January 27, 2015, 09:22:14 PM »
"I wasn't ever depressed or never saught treatment for depression... I had to get out of an abusive household and father"

Shots fired!

The replies to that tweet have not been pretty

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #29 on: January 27, 2015, 09:25:23 PM »
Let's all do our part to give the Noskowiak family some space.  Peace and God Bless.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #30 on: January 27, 2015, 09:26:24 PM »
I have zero problem with anybody posting this here or with the JS writing about it. Nick is a public figure, and he made this a very public issue.

I hope he gets his situation settled, whether or not he ever steps foot on Marquette's campus. Sounds pretty messed up, and nobody -- regardless of age -- should have to go through it.

But the person going through it doesn't need to tell hundreds or thousands or tens of thousands or however many Twitter followers about his personal business, either. Not if he intends to keep it personal, anyway.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

chapman

• All American
« Reply #31 on: January 27, 2015, 09:44:50 PM »
"We continue to support Nick and his family during a very difficult time," Wojciechowski told the Journal Sentinel. "We will not have any further comment of this very private matter at this time."

From what I gather, Wojo is literally the only person handling this appropriately.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #32 on: January 27, 2015, 10:20:46 PM »
I think Nick just needs to cut himself a nice, juicy slice. It is clear this young man has not gotten what he needs in some time. Usually some Norske Nook takes the edge off and he'll be back to Tweeting sweet nothings again.

Death on call

esotericmindguy

• All American
« Reply #33 on: January 27, 2015, 10:27:02 PM »
He now says he's not depressed. Two weeks ago he retweeted articles describing Wojo's support his healing process, support from friends and thoughts/prayers from fans. Strange turn of events. Maybe this was a story created by his family to cover up the abuse.

I'm not a twitter guy, but understand why people like it. I also know that you can make your profile private, so don't make excuses for the young man....he made this a public situation.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #34 on: January 27, 2015, 10:27:13 PM »
Actually, I don't agree with Matt's decision to do that, and I say that as a huge fan of his.

If that tweet had prompted him to investigate the facts and write an actual news article, that would be a different matter.

WTF?!?!

So you have a problem with a journalist simply retweeting a singular tweet involving personal issue that the person decided to take public, but you don't have a problem with the journalist using the tweet as an excuse to dig up some dirt?

There's nothing wrong with reading the tweet, there's nothing wrong with someone retweeting, and there's nothing wrong with hoping the situation turns out ok.  Granted, wondering what's "really going on" can be gray area depending on intent, but quietly hoping for a journalist to start nosing around is clearly over the line.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

MUeng

• All American
« Reply #35 on: January 27, 2015, 10:52:33 PM »
WTF?!?!

So you have a problem with a journalist simply retweeting a singular tweet involving personal issue that the person decided to take public, but you don't have a problem with the journalist using the tweet as an excuse to dig up some dirt?

There's nothing wrong with reading the tweet, there's nothing wrong with someone retweeting, and there's nothing wrong with hoping the situation turns out ok.  Granted, wondering what's "really going on" can be gray area depending on intent, but quietly hoping for a journalist to start nosing around is clearly over the line.
was thinking the same thing myself. Bizarre statement from warriorchick there

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #36 on: January 27, 2015, 10:53:14 PM »
was thinking the same thing myself. Bizarre statement from warriorchick there

The Change...

Death on call

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #37 on: January 28, 2015, 12:46:52 AM »
Thoughts and prayers Nick.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Class71

• All American
« Reply #38 on: January 28, 2015, 04:42:22 AM »
Possibly could we get back to basketball?
⛵⛵⛵⛵⛵

zrjones13

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #39 on: January 28, 2015, 11:34:03 AM »
WTF?!?!

Im with Benny on this.  He is a MArquette recruit and he made a public statement.  If this was a gossip article by Matt saying he heard this, than I would say that's out of line.  Clearly Nick wanted people to know thats why he posted it on twitter.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #40 on: January 28, 2015, 11:38:31 AM »
I think Nick just needs to cut himself a nice, juicy slice. It is clear this young man has not gotten what he needs in some time. Usually some Norske Nook takes the edge off and he'll be back to Tweeting sweet nothings again.
Norske Nook? Not familiar with what that is. Same as Norwegian Nookie?
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #41 on: January 28, 2015, 11:55:33 AM »
Clearly Nick wanted people to know thats why he posted it on twitter.

Exactly. Velazquez actually was providing a service for NN.

Every time a public figure tweets, it's as if he or she has called a mini-press conference. "I have something to say. Everybody gather around and listen."

A tweet simply is an individual saying: "Listen to me!"

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #42 on: January 28, 2015, 12:02:39 PM »
Norske Nook? Not familiar with what that is. Same as Norwegian Nookie?

The Norse Nook is where one goes for the best afternoon (and evening) homemade pie known to man.

GOO

• All American
« Reply #43 on: January 28, 2015, 12:30:04 PM »
A high school kid having problems that are more serious than most.  What those problems are, I have no idea.  No one knows what is going on based upon tweets or the cause of the tweets nor the family background or who to believe, etc.  

There are a host of speculative reasons that could be given for the tweets he's made. But no reason to do so.

Let's move on and leave it alone.  If you consider him a public figure as a high school ball player, so be it, but expect people to justifyabley say "really!?" especially if you are an adult.  

I wish him the best and hope he gets his situation taken care of and listens to those who love and care about him.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #44 on: January 28, 2015, 12:35:53 PM »
A high school kid having problems that are more serious than most.  What those problems are, I have no idea.

Dis no make sense. Dis make contradiction.
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #45 on: January 28, 2015, 12:38:34 PM »
A high school kid having problems that are more serious than most.  What those problems are, I have no idea.  No one knows what is going on based upon tweets or the cause of the tweets nor the family background or who to believe, etc. 

There are a host of speculative reasons that could be given for the tweets he's made. But no reason to do so.

Let's move on and leave it alone.  If you consider him a public figure as a high school ball player, so be it, but expect people to justifyabley say "really!?" especially if you are an adult. 

If Nick tweets: "I have changed my mind. I'm not going to Marquette," are we  allowed to re-tweet that and opine on it?

If he tweets: "I am having misgivings about Marquette. Not sure Wojo is the right coach for me given my current mindset," are we allowed to re-tweet that, opine on it and speculate about his mindset?

How about if Nick were a pro golfer or pro tennis player -- there have been many of those who are younger than he is. Would his tweets be more "fair game" then?

Etc, etc, etc.

Tweeting is HIS choice. If he wants to keep personal stuff personal, he should write it in his diary, talk to his priest, seek counsel from trusted adults, etc. Going on Twitter, where you have hundreds or thousands of followers, would seem to move any discussion from personal to very, very public. It's the Internet version of grabbing the microphone at the scorer's table of a sold-out Bradley Center and making an announcement.

It's silly to even have this argument. HE made this public. I didn't. You didn't. Velazquez didn't. Scoop didn't. Nick did!

mu-rara

• All American
« Reply #46 on: January 28, 2015, 12:45:21 PM »
If Nick tweets: "I have changed my mind. I'm not going to Marquette," are we  allowed to re-tweet that and opine on it?

If he tweets: "I am having misgivings about Marquette. Not sure Wojo is the right coach for me given my current mindset," are we allowed to re-tweet that, opine on it and speculate about his mindset?

How about if Nick were a pro golfer or pro tennis player -- there have been many of those who are younger than he is. Would his tweets be more "fair game" then?

Etc, etc, etc.

Tweeting is HIS choice. If he wants to keep personal stuff personal, he should write it in his diary, talk to his priest, seek counsel from trusted adults, etc. Going on Twitter, where you have hundreds or thousands of followers, would seem to move any discussion from personal to very, very public. It's the Internet version of grabbing the microphone at the scorer's table of a sold-out Bradley Center and making an announcement.

It's silly to even have this argument. HE made this public. I didn't. You didn't. Velazquez didn't. Scoop didn't. Nick did!
I agree with the logic of your argument, but,  the ability to comment on his tweets should be balanced with the wisdom of commenting on his tweets. 

GOO

• All American
« Reply #47 on: January 28, 2015, 01:23:54 PM »
Dis no make sense. Dis make contradiction.

Not the run of the mill high-school problems obviously, so yes more serious than what I or my friends went through. We never moved out, etc. 

What those more serious problems are, I don't know, and it's non of my business. 

Maybe that makes more sense.

GOO

• All American
« Reply #48 on: January 28, 2015, 01:25:12 PM »
I agree with the logic of your argument, but,  the ability to comment on his tweets should be balanced with the wisdom of commenting on his tweets. 
Very well said. 

tower912

• All American
« Reply #49 on: January 28, 2015, 01:27:09 PM »
NN has made his tweets in the public domain.   They are out there.   Choosing how to react or not react is on us.   I choose to let the kid be. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.