[Today at 04:38:12 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Uncle Rico
[Today at 04:09:20 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by tower912
[Today at 02:42:24 PM]

Best case scenarios by Hards Alumni
[Today at 01:41:30 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Noskowiak going off on Twitter right now  (Read 24022 times)

DienerTime34

• All American
Noskowiak going off on Twitter right now
« on: January 27, 2015, 06:48:10 PM »
Call his dad a fat a** and says he hasn't talked to him in a month, and that he's telling lies to a newspaper.

Holy smokes.. wonder what the real story is here. 

warriorchick

• All American
Re: Noskowiak going off on Twitter right now
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2015, 06:55:40 PM »
Whatever it is, it is NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS!

Nick is a teenage boy displaying the typical behavior of a teenage boy that is going through a lot of personal crap.  The difference is that most teenage boys don't have adult strangers following their twitter feeds.

And you are making it worse by sharing it with thousands of other strangers.  Knock it off!
« Last Edit: January 27, 2015, 07:09:45 PM by mu_hilltopper »
Have some patience, FFS.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2015, 06:56:33 PM »
+1.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2015, 07:00:54 PM »
Whatever it is, it is NONE OF YOUR F#CKING BUSINESS!

Nick is a teenage boy displaying the typical behavior of a teenage boy that is going through a lot of personal crap.  The difference is that most teenage boys don't have adult strangers following their twitter feeds.

And you are making it worse by sharing it with thousands of other strangers.  Knock it off!

So true. If we as a Marquette community truly are what we claim to be then we should be willing to be respectful to another member and understanding.  Not a bunch of chatty Cathys
Maigh Eo for Sam

Tums Festival

• All American
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2015, 07:01:41 PM »
Whatever it is, it is NONE OF YOUR F#CKING BUSINESS!

It's a Twitter post so it doesn't really qualify as private. And you can read tweets without following someone.
"Every day ends with a Tums festival!"

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2015, 07:05:02 PM »
It's a Twitter post so it doesn't really qualify as private. And you can read tweets without following someone.

It doesn't change the fact that this is 100% normal for a teenager. What's not normal is the 40 year old posting the twitter post on an online forum to other 40 year olds who are now all judging the teenager like hes a 32 year old professional athlete. You wouldn't be posting this if it was your neighbors kid, no difference here.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2015, 07:22:19 PM »
"I wasn't ever depressed or never saught treatment for depression... I had to get out of an abusive household and father"

Shots fired!

DienerTime34

• All American
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2015, 07:22:27 PM »
Uhhh, you guys know Twitter is public, right? Is it OK now that he's breaking news, and letting everyone know he is not suffering from depression? Do I have your permission to talk about it?  

I eagerly await you coming down on the Journal Sentinel beat writer with the fire of a 1000 suns when he publishes this story.... because it wouldn't be fair to publish a story about a high school kid, right?

esotericmindguy

• All American
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2015, 07:22:55 PM »
NM
« Last Edit: January 27, 2015, 07:24:50 PM by esotericmindguy »

esotericmindguy

• All American
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2015, 07:26:32 PM »
"I wasn't ever depressed or never saught treatment for depression... I had to get out of an abusive household and father"

Shots fired!

That was posted tonight? Why wait 2 weeks? Strange story.

Wojo'sMojo

• All American
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2015, 07:26:42 PM »
This kids situation just gets stranger by the day. Seems like a lot of baggage and i hope Wojo tells him to button it up a little bit.

Tums Festival

• All American
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2015, 07:34:36 PM »
It doesn't change the fact that this is 100% normal for a teenager. What's not normal is the 40 year old posting the twitter post on an online forum to other 40 year olds who are now all judging the teenager like hes a 32 year old professional athlete. You wouldn't be posting this if it was your neighbors kid, no difference here.

I'm not judging the Twitter post itself, the person who posted it or the person who mentioned it here. That would be you doing the judging. All I'm saying is something posted in a public forum like Twitter is just that, public.
"Every day ends with a Tums festival!"

Skitch

• All American
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2015, 07:35:58 PM »
Matt Velazquez retweeted Nick's tweet.  Someone should let him know its none of his business.

Whatever is going on, it sounds like Nick is in a bad situation.  Hope everything works out for him.

DienerTime34

• All American
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2015, 07:38:34 PM »
Matt Velazquez retweeted Nick's tweet.  Someone should let him know its none of his business.

Whatever is going on, it sounds like Nick is in a bad situation.  Hope everything works out for him.

+1

bamamarquettefan

• All American
  • pudner-at-aspen-ideas-festival.jpg
    • Value Add Basketball
« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2015, 07:40:56 PM »
Call his dad a fat a** and says he hasn't talked to him in a month, and that he's telling lies to a newspaper.

Holy smokes.. wonder what the real story is here. 
That's what my kids say about me - is that unusual?
The www.valueaddsports.com analysis of basketball, football and baseball players are intended to neither be too hot or too cold - hundreds immerse themselves in studies of stats not of interest to broader fan bases (too hot), while others still insist on pure observation (too cold).

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2015, 07:44:16 PM »
That's what my kids say about me - is that unusual?

All 18 of them in unison or just a couple of 'em?
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2015, 07:44:45 PM »

Actually, I don't agree with Matt's decision to do that, and I say that as a huge fan of his.

If that tweet had prompted him to investigate the facts and write an actual news article, that would be a different matter.
Have some patience, FFS.

PistolPete

• Starter
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2015, 07:55:15 PM »
Whatever it is, it is NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS!

Don't be naive. If he's putting it out there on Twitter for the world to see, he is forfeiting the right of privacy. It is now, without a doubt, everyone's business. This is the 21st century.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2015, 07:58:52 PM by PistolPete »

muhoops1

• All American
« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2015, 07:59:55 PM »
I have 4 teenagers, none of whom have said anything like that on Twitter.  We can't all be supremely well adjusted, mature to stay off social media.  Some people on here have lost their damn mind...when he posts it on Twitter it's no longer private.  And as long as he did it intentionally get off your high horses.  This is an odd situation to say the least!

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2015, 08:03:19 PM »
The frontal lobe of the male brain that connects the emotional and rational forms at 28.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2015, 08:05:59 PM »
I will say this Dwight Buycks used to have a private twitter feed it seems like it's bigger part of self promoting to keep everything public but I know if I were going through anything as simple as a breakup where I might be stupid I'd go ahead and post those on a private account. 
Maigh Eo for Sam

AZWarrior

• All American
« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2015, 08:15:23 PM »
The frontal lobe of the male brain that connects the emotional and rational forms at 28.

I recall reading a number of years ago that the portion of the brain in charge of "wisdom" matures last.  Is what you are saying consistent with that.  I take it "yes", but wanted to ask very clearly.   :)
All this talk of rights.  So little talk of responsibilities.

WarhawkWarrior

• Team Captain
« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2015, 08:36:26 PM »
Face it Scoopers, you don't really care what was said in a tweet.  All we want is for him to be a good point guard at MU. 

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2015, 08:38:42 PM »
Face it Scoopers, you don't really care what was said in a tweet.  All we want is for him to be a good point guard at MU. 

Speak for yourself guy.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2015, 08:39:40 PM »
Not interested in his personal life and trying to be involved in figuring out what he is going through.

Hopefully he can get to MU and knock down a lot of trey's for us next year
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....